Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | 3rd Test | Pallekele | 07/10/12 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan need to get through the tail quickly here even a 30/40 run lead could be massive here for SL.

Pretty much pakistan need to bat well 2nd inns if this becomes a 1 inns shoot out and win the test

Ajmal showing his class out there, someone bump his main thread i can't seem to find.

From Cricinfo
James: "Does Pakistan have some sort of secret research lab (the "Wasim Akram fast bowler production line") churning out exciting left arm quicks?"
Humayoun: "@James: No, the answer is simple, they work hard on their fitness and bowl their heart outs! Wickets are generally very flat here in Pakistan! They get hammered here at the initial stages but once they master these conditions, they master them(all the pitches around the world) all!"

These two current batsmen can do some damage and quickly so we need to get both out cheaply and soon.

Ideally we should bowl them out for under 250, realistically we should bowle them for under 300 and then attack with the bat. No need to mess around if we want a result.

If we lose the series 0-2, then be it but we have to fight hard and take a risk or two to level this.

Aslong as we knock over SL tonight then there is plenty off time still to force a positive result.

I hope keeping doesnt put a negative effect on Taufeeq's batting. We really need a good solid opening partnership.

Sri Lanka have lost eight times in home Tests after taking the lead. Four of these have come against Australia and two against Pakistan. The last time this happened was against Pakistan in Kandy in 2006.

Just bowl wicket to wicket and the ball will do the rest

getting 20 or 30 quick runs are better for the tail in a low scoring game than doing tuk tuk for 30 balls for 5 or 10 runs

Pakistan need to learn how to knock over the tail cheaply once again.

don't know if you remeber but both Sami and Gul got out trying to smash the ball...

Sami case was different as Shafiq was still there ..

Still you need some capability to do so....execution failure is different thing but before execution you develop ideas...idea should be right ..if idea or starting point is wrong then it can not produce good results..
but a good idea with right execution will do the job

Lead up to 29. Anything over 50 run lead could be match winning i think!

In such close games such leads can be huge in context of final outcome of the game.

70-80 runs lead would really put Lanka in the driver's seat

heheh at that Lanka player being caught red handed by the camera waving at those femals fans.

kula and perera are running away with the show....Srilanka have achieved i think what they wanted ..a lead around 50 runs...now it will be up to our batsmen to play out of their skin..specially Misbah and shafiq..As i do not expect our top order to survive against new ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back