Test draft #5: Chronological timeline

therealAB

Local Club Star
Runs
On Holidays at the moment, so in the drafting mood.

Thinking about a chronological draft; the debut dates of your players have to increase chronologically

Please note expressions of interest here

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION]
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
@jeteeshsaxena
[MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]

you guys are guaranteed a spot, but please note your interest

[MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] I'd love for you to be part of the draft so please let me know if you are keen

Update:

Everybody has their own timeline. If for some reason you pick the most recent test player, whoever that is, you are then compelled to pick 1877 players for the rest of your picks

The draft order is as below:
1. [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION]

<iframe width='900' height='480' frameborder='0'src='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgYYT4rjq4dq0NlZFZtTHqOGFIHnICsdCofrRCy04A0/edit#gid=0&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
On Holidays at the moment, so in the drafting mood.

Thinking about a chronological draft; the debut dates of your players have to increase chronologically

Please note expressions of interest here

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION]
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
@jeteeshsaxena
[MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]

you guys are guaranteed a spot, but please note your interest

[MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] I'd love for you to be part of the draft so please let me know if you are keen

Of course I'm in!

Sounds interesting. Count chowie in if ya need a token mexican aka a (stable) spanish genius. Arriba arriba!

Very interesting idea and I'm visualizing how that works! Would be really good to dig up and learn about the past unforgotten greats indeed. I will also see if I can come up with any other such ideas.

Let's not have any limits! So essentially, if one were to choose Sachin Tendulkar in one round, the same poster can't choose Viv Richards in the subsequent rounds, correct?

Yeah, so will have to start with Ernest Tyldesley from the late 1890s :yk

just to get the right idea, you can start with any player, however any subsequent player you choose must have debuted after the previous pick?

so each person has their own timeline, or is there any way to screw over other people too, which tbh, is quite fun. :cummins

also im in.

When does this draft start?
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] will set up the thread and draft order.

I think we have 10 confirmed participants now.

therealAB
Moh@n
Last Monetarist
Thunderbolt14
Forward Defensive Push
SL_Fan
maddgenius
Ab Fan
Abdullah719
ElRaja

Everybody has their own timeline. If for some reason you pick the most recent test player, whoever that is, you are then compelled to pick 1877 players for the rest of your picks

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is if someone picks players from the last three or four decades exclusively, sort of takes out the fun from the whole exercise.

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is if someone picks players from the last three or four decades exclusively, sort of takes out the fun from the whole exercise.

That could be quite tricky as they might be vulnerable to their player being sniped and having to pick non ATG's

So chowie gets the first pick eh. Chowie like.

FeistyDelightfulAustraliankestrel-small.gif

• Sir David Attenborough named him the greatest all-rounder to ever play the game.
  • He was the left-arm genius who inspired Wasim Akram.
  • He was the ultimate five-in-one cricketer and was aptly nicknamed MacGyver due to his extraordinary talent and resourcefulness.
  • He once held the record for most runs and wickets in a Test series before it was later broken by the great Eric Rowan.

Chow Corner’s first pick Sir Garry Sobers (Mar 30, 1954).

brian-close-garfield-sobers_3350953.jpg

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] batter up champ!

Thunderstorm XI picks Jack Hobbs!

We are excited to bring on board one of the greatest cricketers of all time. After having provided him with a time machine, we introduced him to the novelties of the modern era such as match fixing and IPL after parties.

Everybody has their own timeline. <B>If for some reason you pick the most recent test player, whoever that is, you are then compelled to pick 1877 players for the rest of your picks</B>

I don't understand this. We can only pick players whose debut was after our previous picks debut, right?

I don't understand this. We can only pick players whose debut was after our previous picks debut, right?

This will apply if you pick someone like Zak Crawley or Pieter Malan and you run out of players that debuted after them.

Last edited:
I pick the legendary all-rounder and captain from Pakistan <B>Imran Khan</B>.

• Sir David Attenborough named him the greatest all-rounder to ever play the game.
  • He was the left-arm genius who inspired Wasim Akram.
  • He was the ultimate five-in-one cricketer and was aptly nicknamed MacGyver due to his extraordinary talent and resourcefulness.
  • He once held the record for most runs and wickets in a Test series before it was later broken by the great Eric Rowan.

Chow Corner’s first pick Sir Garry Sobers (Mar 30, 1954).

brian-close-garfield-sobers_3350953.jpg

Amazing pick and an even more amazing photo.. The Oval has maybe changed a lot but still retains that character.. such an amazing ground!!!

Needed to fix a time window from previous player's pick.
Debut of Sobers was in 1954.
Next player can pick someone from 1944-1964 (10 years either side of Sobers) or 5 years.

Next player can pick someone from 1944-1964 (10 years either side of Sobers) or 5 years.

We can do that next, as it is basically a completely different draft. Also very liable to people stuffing each other up, which after the last draft is probably not what we need

are we doing the draft in this thread? i go for herbert sutcliffe (1924-1935), would my next pick have to be after 1935?

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] you are up next

I know he will be underrated by voters, but I have to pick the greatest bowler of all time

Sydney Barnes, 1901

Wait, what? Can we not do this? It’s a completely different draft and I would have made a different pick in that case.

Wait, what? Can we not do this? It’s a completely different draft and I would have made a different pick in that case.

I think that was just a proposition which we can consider for future drafts. In this draft, each person has their own timeline as [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] mentioned above.

The man featured in the most famous photograph in cricket history:

Victor Trumper (1899)

Last edited:
If two players have debuted in same match, example- Prithvi Shaw and Kyle Jamieson(they didn't but just an assumption), then if I pick one, can I pick second in the next round?

If two players have debuted in same match, example- Prithvi Shaw and Kyle Jamieson(they didn't but just an assumption), then if I pick one, can I pick second in the next round?

I think that might be a fair idea.. no issues from my side

Is based on Alphabetical order, likes how caps are given

Is based on Alphabetical order, likes how caps are given

Based on alphabetical order in sense?

So, if I pick Prithvi Shaw in my 2nd round and then when the 3rd round comes, since Kyle Jamieson starts from 'K', I can't pick him?

So, if I pick Prithvi Shaw in my 2nd round and then when the 3rd round comes, since Kyle Jamieson starts from 'K', I can't pick him?

Ah crap. So I cannot pick Gordon Greenidge now that I have picked Viv? :afaq

Amazing pick and an even more amazing photo.. The Oval has maybe changed a lot but still retains that character.. such an amazing ground!!!

Amazing indeed isn’t it found it on this site called google. Just blew my mind how much stuff is on there. They even had a pic of a capuchin monkey siting on a baby giraffe on roller skates couldn’t believe my eyes.

Ah crap. So I cannot pick Gordon Greenidge now that I have picked Viv? :afaq

Well not all bad Mo you can still pick Prithvi Shaw. Always look on the bright side of life.

Well not all bad Mo you can still pick Prithvi Shaw. Always look on the bright side of life.

Yeah sure Chow, I think Chandika Hathurusinghe would be a better choice though. :))

If anyone still interested in looking to play initials game for their XI, I suggest Ernest George Tyldesley, remember the name. You get 'E' and to counter, you give the next bloke a 'Y'. :yk

If anyone still interested in looking to play initials game for their XI, I suggest Ernest George Tyldesley, remember the name. You get 'E' and to counter, you give the next bloke a 'Y'. :yk

There are only two rules when it comes to international drafting. The first rule you do not talk about Ernest George Tyldesley. The second rule is that you NEVER talk about Ernest George Tyldesley.

You my friend just broke both of them. Shame shame shame!

There are only two rules when it comes to international drafting. The first rule you do not talk about Ernest George Tyldesley. The second rule is that you NEVER talk about Ernest George Tyldesley.

You my friend just broke both of them. Shame shame shame!

Rules and regulations are followed by kids and men, not for legends like us [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION].

We do whatever we feel :yk

For players debuting in same match, picking order is defined alphabetically

time to sort out my wicket keeper, i go for one of the legendary three W's, a lower middle order giant, quite literally sir Clyde Walcott 1948 - 1960

gettyimages-637449056-612x612.jpg
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] your next

Back