Test draft #5: Chronological timeline

This team would have been a serious title contender if you hadn't jumped 3 consecutive decade long jumps

What I had in mind was either Root or Kohli instead of Babar, either Shakib or Stokes as the AR, and Steyn plus another pacer/spinner (depending on AR).

But once Steyn and Shakib were picked ([MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] :inti) then I improvised. Anyway, it was fun, especially the earlier rounds. The drafts are surely increasing my knowledge of older era players so that's a definite plus.

Cummins can bat a bit, and Babar might well be one of an exclusive few players who can score religiously both in SENA and in the subcontinent against top class attacks. Many other “greats” in this draft are home track bullies or are not as good against one of pace or spin, or if SENA players don’t hold up in India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka or vice versa.

Babar is a great pick.

Bat a bit doesn't cut it. SL_Fan has Warne who can bat a bit at #10 so it's all relative. Would you say his lower order is one of the best with Jadeja and Cummins at #7 and #8 or is it probably the worst?
As for Babar, even Abdullah himself said he didn't have a choice after picking Rabada so had to pick Babar just because of his timeline, not because he considers it a great pick.

What I had in mind was either Root or Kohli instead of Babar, either Shakib or Stokes as the AR, and Steyn plus another pacer/spinner (depending on AR).

But once Steyn and Shakib were picked ([MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] :inti) then I improvised. Anyway, it was fun, especially the earlier rounds. The drafts are surely increasing my knowledge of older era players so that's a definite plus.

Yeah there was always a risk of picks getting stolen when 5,6 guys had jumped into 200's in 6th/7th round leaving 20-25 players to be picked from one 1.5 decades

Bat a bit doesn't cut it. SL_Fan has Warne who can bat a bit at #10 so it's all relative. Would you say his lower order is one of the best with Jadeja and Cummins at #7 and #8 or is it probably the worst?
As for Babar, even Abdullah himself said he didn't have a choice after picking Rabada so had to pick Babar just because of his timeline, not because he considers it a great pick.

I am sure Babar will be very worthy of being picked in 10 years or so but obviously right now he doesn't really belong in an all-time XI.

i literally went around trying to front run everyone, worked ok for me in the end, lol.

My Final Team is:
Gooch
Kirsten
Headley
Barrington
Chanderpaul
Hussey
Knott
Davidson
Lindwall
Barnes
O'Reilly

Solid batting lineup with 4 ATG bowlers. Hussey probably a weakness but can accelerate and bat with the tail very well so is a very solid #6. Headley and Barrington are obviously ATG's, Knott the 2nd greatest Keeper-Bat, both Gooch and Kirsten excelled vs top pace bowling and Chanderpaul was exemplary in the way he carried a weak team. In a stronger batting lineup he would be incredibly prolific

Alright, I choose the newest superstar of Australia who is already the second best batsman in the team after playing 14 matches with an average of 63!

Welcome Marnus Labuschagne!

So my final team is -

Sir Gordon Greenidge
Marnus Labuschagne
Wally Hammond
Graeme Pollock
Kane Williamson (c)
AB de villiers (k)
Mike Procter
Mitchell Starc
Abdul Qadir
Fred Trueman
Joel Garner

Some absolute ATGs there! A truly fiery bowling unit with Procter, Trueman and Garner leading the charge. You can understand the gravity of this attack when you realize Starc is the 5th best bowler there!

The batting needs no introduction with Greenidge, Hammond and Pollock leading the charge. Williamson is the troubleshooter for the team to resurrect after any early losses (hypothetical - how can this line up even collapse hehe). When a certain AB de villiers can arrive only after 4 wickets have fallen, you know the opposition is in dire trouble!

All in all, a very solid team with match winners throughout and is a sure hit in all conditions and all weathers!

Glad [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] stole Stokes from you otherwise it would have been a perfect team. Another team full of ATG's apart from :ssa and Watling of course and probably Saqlain

He probably took that Donald revenge. Disappointed on not getting Stokes, I had even my writings ready for picking him :yk

Btw, Shaheen is the pick of the whole draft, brother :afridi.

He is Bichda hua little brother of Wasim Akram, who has finally met and been exposed to the world cricket.

Just like Wasim, he is as fast, as tall and possess every skill like bounce, variation, out-swing and reverse swing and is very handsome and good-looking as well : afridi.

He reminds me of the Pakistan cricket team pre-2000. There are also very high chances that after cricket, he may become a judge of a Dance Reality Show in India alongside a Miss Universe co-judge :yk.

All these ingredients add up to what I exactly need in my team.

Was always gonna pick Stokesy Chow's lucky charm :msd

Chow's beef is with [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] might have been a bad move to diss his keeper in the second round :)))

Quite happy with what I ended up with:

Matthew Hayden
Graeme Smith (C)
Viv Richards
Joe Root
Michael Clarke
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist
Vernon Philander
Curtly Ambrose
Shane Bond
Muttiah Muralidharan

Mo has hit it out out of the parking lot :bumble2

So my final team is -

Sir Gordon Greenidge
Marnus Labuschagne
Wally Hammond
Graeme Pollock
Kane Williamson (c)
AB de villiers (k)
Mike Procter
Mitchell Starc
Abdul Qadir
Fred Trueman
Joel Garner

Some absolute ATGs there! A truly fiery bowling unit with Procter, Trueman and Garner leading the charge. You can understand the gravity of this attack when you realize Starc is the 5th best bowler there!

The batting needs no introduction with Greenidge, Hammond and Pollock leading the charge. Williamson is the troubleshooter for the team to resurrect after any early losses (hypothetical - how can this line up even collapse hehe). When a certain AB de villiers can arrive only after 4 wickets have fallen, you know the opposition is in dire trouble!

All in all, a very solid team with match winners throughout and is a sure hit in all conditions and all weathers!

Good line-up moving KW up to open might be a better fit tho I would reckon.

Guess we are all done then good stuff lot of interesting sides and combos there.

So where's the afterpartay?

tumblr_mmgfqfWklT1rdhnq7o1_400.gifv

Good line-up moving KW up to open might be a better fit tho I would reckon.

I indeed thought about it. Labu himself comes at one down like Williamson and is always prepared to handle the new cherry. Having an experienced campaigner like Kane come lower down provides a great assurance and things can get very ugly for the opposition if he and ABD get set against the tired bowlers.

Was always gonna pick Stokesy Chow's lucky charm :msd

Yeah, it was a big fish. Felt could have gone with Holder in place of him but preferred a more fancied youngster for a bit of entertainment :ssa

Back