Hypothetical Test draft - 10 participants to pick their teams [Completed]

[MENTION=3224]ahmed[/MENTION]haris1 It's a good team. Your team would surely win a 21st century fantasy draft

Very good team! At least most of the names I know or have seen playing :))

Honestly for me in terms of voting call it biased, but I vote most likely vote for the team of which players I have seen playing myself or have at least heard of from my dad.

How can I vote for some team and guys who I barely heard of and never saw play. :))

I had this fear while selecting this lineup :danish I’m sure some others like [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION], [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION], and [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] had the same worry. I went for it anyways — it’s meant to be an ATG XI and the way that all my players were so far ahead in their respective eras, I am confident they would beat any other team in this draft without a question.

Also, 6/11 of my players played in 90s onwards so you’ve definitely seen more than half of them play. Another 2 played in the 80s.

Don’t forget World Cup captain :babar

You're spoilt for choice then. Btw Langer, Warne, Waugh, Flower, Border, Hadlee, Lillee who played till late 80's or 90's can be considered as modern players too with a lot of footages available on Youtube. I'm sure you must have heard some of the names? :usman

I had this fear while selecting this lineup :danish I’m sure some others like [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION], [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION], and [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] had the same worry. I went for it anyways — it’s meant to be an ATG XI and the way that all my players were so far ahead in their respective eras, I am confident they would beat any other team in this draft without a question.

Also, 6/11 of my players played in 90s onwards so you’ve definitely seen more than half of them play. Another 2 played in the 80s.

Yeah, this is why I preferred langer over someone like Bob Simpson or Dennis Amiss and Waugh/Border over Barrington, Hammond or any of the 3 W's because I had already picked Hutton and didn't want too many players from black & white era

Yeah, this is why I preferred langer over someone like Bob Simpson or Dennis Amiss and Waugh/Border over Barrington, Hammond or any of the 3 W's because I had already picked Hutton and didn't want too many players from black & white era

Same. Barrington is my only black and white era cricketer.

You're spoilt for choice then. Btw Langer, Warne, Waugh, Flower, Border, Hadlee, Lillee who played till late 80's or 90's can be considered as modern players too with a lot of footages available on Youtube. I'm sure you must have heard some of the names? :usman

Of course I have heard those names and seen the footage as well. Great players though Lillee is overrated.

Btw excellent writeup [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

You should get a few votes for this eloquent and insightful writeup alone.

Of course I have heard those names and seen the footage as well. Great players though Lillee is overrated.

I think Lillee is more iconic for his legacy than actual skill. Definitely a great, but just not as great of a player as his legacy. Would undoubtedly be among the greatest test bowlers though.

Bhaijaan XI

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Barry Richards
3. Martin Crowe
4. Viv Richards
5. Clive Lloyd (c)
6. Alec Stewart (wk)
7. Kapil Dev
8. Ian Botham
9. Allan Donald
10. Jim Laker
11. B.S. Chandrasekhar

My dear PP friends, selection of this team has been a joyous and immensely satisfying experience for me as i was able to put together a group of individuals who were always my favorite cricketing idols growing up as a fan of the game. Some of these players made me fall in love with the game and this is my little tribute to them.

The following were the underlying criteria and theme for selecting every player in the XI :-
  • Iconic stature
  • Impact value
  • Larger than life personna
  • Leadership quality

The record and stature of every player in this XI vis-à-vis his playing position needs no reiteration and i will therefore spare you the monologue.

Bhaijaan XI has successfully combined the romanticism of the old with the explosiveness of the new to create the perfect blend of Cricketing genius

This is a team of folk heroes, of icons, of legends.

We are proud to present to you, Bhaijaan XI - The Team of Champions!

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

This is a great team as well! Definitely the middle order is super strong and probably one of the best in the draft.

Though the opening duo can be a bit vulnerable especially given the quality of bowling of other teams.

The lower order as well could be vulnerable but definitely has the depth and the bowling skills on display are very varied and should be able to tackle different conditions.

Appreciate it! Not going to lie there are definitely some weaknesses as you mentioned but I think it's a solid team

If we end up doing a poll, I'm really banking on name recognition and fan loyalty lol

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] should we decide on an unpicked XI? This my suggestion:

1. Arthur Morris
2. Conrad Hunte
3. Neil Harvey
4. Dudley Nourse
5. Frank Worrell (c)
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Rod Marsh (wk)
8. Frank Tyson
9. Neil Adcock
10. Sydney Barnes
11. Clarrie Grimmett

Looks really good. Remember post WW1 so no Barnes, Faulkner. For me Verity > Grimmett. Peter Pollock also an ATG fast bowler, but so are Tyson and Adcock. Statham also a bit unlucky. Really like the Nourse pick, what a legend

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] I started watching even after [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] - haven't even seen the likes of Wasim play :yk

Looks like [MENTION=3224]ahmed[/MENTION]haris1 will win because of Gen Z voters :usman

Yeah, writeups won't get votes anyway as hardly 10% of the posters are gonna bother reading them. let's start the poll [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

Yeah, writeups won't get votes anyway as hardly 10% of the posters are gonna bother reading them. let's start the poll [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

He's busy, I will do it when I get some time.

We're going with the points-based system, right? Posters need to pick top 3?

Write-ups will be good to put BUT i feel that there should be an official format/words limit on each write up.

Lets stick to short and sweet write up of small paragraph?

Kind of gets lame if posters go to extreme lengths to justify greatness of players they picked.

Last edited:
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] Can you please mention the wicket keepers too in the lineups?

Bro is it possible to have the teams lined up in rows of 3

I checked in mobile view, and rightmost two teams were not visible

I think designated captain and keeper should be added.

Keeper is kind of obvious but would be nice to designate captain.

I for one picked Clive Lloyd as much for being an ATG captain apart from being a great middle order batsman.

Swap positions of Michael Clarke and Damien Martyn (Clarke is one of the best at 5th while Martyn is at 6th)

Done.

Is it possible to make that a sticky thread

I'll check. :usman

Thanks. Waiting for your rankings :usman

Need to take out some time to put some serious thought in it. :inti

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] Can you please mention the wicket keepers too in the lineups?

Wicket-keepers and captains added. I guessed a few. If anyone wants changes, let me know.

Bro is it possible to have the teams lined up in rows of 3

I checked in mobile view, and rightmost two teams were not visible

Can you check again? I had set the width to a specific number which may have caused that, changed it.

Current Standings
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=151884]Kaddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] [MENTION=3224]ahmed[/MENTION]haris1 [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] [MENTION=152035]Bezli[/MENTION] @Da_Duture_Knick

Update-1.png

[MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION] tied 2 teams on 3rd so both teams get 1 point each. I'll update the table if he decides his #3.

Glad to see every team getting a vote. Cheers guys. There is no loser in this poll. :afridi

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] when are we starting the OD draft?

Getting excited 😁

Back