The Ashes | 3rd Test | Perth | Day 1 | 16/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strauss holds Swann back too much. Even if the wicket is good for seam, he should give him a few overs.

Smith is looking quite goo.. well he's not looking good but he's doing a good job. :p

Smith looks more than capable. Nice technique. We should be aiming for the ten wickets today though.

Well England are playing out of their skins at the moment.

Collingwood what a blinder to change the game. Pontin look determined today to slam a big score, but what a game changer.

Australia now need thier moment of magic which would be a 100 by Hussey and 50+ by Smith

Here is something from Ashes 2009 from the Lunch break. I had joined the Barmy Army then. lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MZJRpLR4oM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MZJRpLR4oM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Oz trying to build for the future, D.Hussey is not the answer.

don't change the whole setup; bring in Khawaja for an out-of-form Clarke (I like Clarke, but he's struggling). the rest of the changes have been good, only England have played brilliantly

this Warne-wailing from the Aussies is getting tiresome tbh. look to the future you duds, enough of thinking Warne can do anything. are there no good alternatives?

I wonder if Aiden "Blizzard" Blizzard will get an Australia cap? More a one-day player apparently but he's done well in FC

horrible shot.

England yet to take a step wrong. Australia looking like to be all out before Lunch

Dropping Clarke would be the biggest mistake. You can't drop someone like Clarke just like that. An average close to 50 with s60+ matches under his belt is a no joke. It means. the guy has done his job more than often.
You bring in Khwaja, he gets a 50 and It's job done. You can't expect 100s from him, on the other hand, if clarke gets in he is more than cable of scoring a big one. And we all know sooner or later he will find his form and hit back strongly.

Anyone still want to argue for Shahzad's inclusion over Tremlett?

Dropping Clarke would be the biggest mistake. You can't drop someone like Clarke just like that. An average close to 50 with s60+ matches under his belt is a no joke. It means. the guy has done his job more than often.
You bring in Khwaja, he gets a 50 and It's job done. You can't expect 100s from him, on the other hand, if clarke gets in he is more than cable of scoring a big one. And we all know sooner or later he will find his form and hit back strongly.

Clarke is massively underrated and has been a scapegoat for a lot of troubles...but at the moment he is struggling

cricinfo

"Bring in Warnie as captain and pick the best bunch of under 23-year-old players in the country and let them play the last two tests," suggets Shaugn . "Can't do any worse. Australia might need to keep the ball and bails and burn them because this is the daeth of Australian cricket."

I think Australia are not playing horrible cricket, just that England is lucky that every single players is in amazing form. That rarely happens.

both should play...Tremlett for Finn and Shahzad for Broad

Finn is England's best bowler statistically by quite a distance. I know he bowls some trash but you just can't argue with his wicket-taking ability.

Finn is England's best bowler statistically by quite a distance. I know he bowls some trash but you just can't argue with his wicket-taking ability.

Even if England include Shwan Udal in this current team, he would look like Murli to Aus batsmen(they are in a horrible form right now)

Hussey has more runs than the top four combined already - 33 :facepalm:

these two are the last recognize batmen , this is crucial partnership for aussies .

I think Australia are not playing horrible cricket, just that England is lucky that every single players is in amazing form. That rarely happens.

Australia just seem to have done no planning. The English prepared exceptionally well for the 2005 Ashes (which I believe was a major part of their success), and had a plan for each aussie batsman, as well as a plan against the bowlers when they were batting. They had a plan to use substitute fielders as often as possible to keep their players fresh. They had a plan to always take drink breaks when they lost a wicket to try to slow the momentum. They had a plan to bring in Flintoff as soon as Gilchrist came out. To give Jones the ball when it started reversing. Everyone knew the songsheet.

Again, we seem to have failed in this area. Only Hussey looks to have his game organised well at this point.

The batsman are getting out playing ordinary shots in areas where they are not traditionally strong. Shows a complete lack of patience and planning.

Last edited:
Haddin has been a real sleeper hit. Didn't rate him at all before this series.

Haddin has been a real sleeper hit. Didn't rate him at all before this series.

Paine is the future for me. Waves the bat much less at the ball early on. Has Captaincy potential which we will need when we finally get rid of Captain Grumpy.

partnership is 24

it's all over, off to cut my wrists

Wicket is coming soon guys.(Finn is going to get some spanking but he will surely take critical wickets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back