The Ashes | First Test | Brisbane | Day 1 | 25-Nov-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was very good by Watson
Swung the first couple odd and brought that one back in

And yes, PP is slowing down

Yeah, PP very slow; can't reply.

Watson could trouble Pietersen here, he's bowling like :asif

I agree that it was stupid to boo KP (he's the type who can get fired up by that).. maybe its revenge for Ponting in England though lol.

What are the commentators on - it was a big wide lol.

beauty from Watson, he's getting the ball to talk out there.

See, Watson bowling like :asif.

Similar pace, full in length and doing a bit either way. Could get Pietersen.

KP just faked his weakness to left arm spinners to fool the aussies for the ashes ;)

Lol at Slater, Healy and Warne sledging in the commentary box (KP's Giraffe stance). Some things never change eh...

Pietersen not a great player of these line and length types, he doesn't look comfortable and is grunting each time he blocks lol. However, Watson clearly doesn't have the extra zip off the wicket :asif had.

Xavier also like many others, looking steady but non-threatning

OMG.
that was not too hard. but I guess its his first match, he might be nervous.

OMG.
that was not too hard. but I guess its his first match, he might be nervous.

Pietersen not a great player of these line and length types, he doesn't look comfortable and is grunting each time he blocks lol. However, Watson clearly doesn't have the extra zip off the wicket :asif had.

Shane ain't no :asif

aussies slight edge for me. If Aussies had taken that catch, England would have been in rea trouble.

Looks like PP is back to normal

These lags are becoming very regular nowadays

Dropped catch on debut. Ouch.

I though X was a lot younger than late 20's, I look like more of a grown man than he does and I'm 20!

test match sofa
test match special
so much happening around the ashes and specially when english cricket is involved
wish i could get skysports HD in canada

Statin' the bleedin' obvious but one batsman needs to go on and get a big score, which is something England have always struggled to do in Oz.

Oz bowling does look cr*p though so this is the time if ever there was one.

Australian bowlers with a totally different approach??

Against Pakistan... the simply stuck with short ball in the ribs and we kept falling like flies ... why not short ball to KP ??

I take back what I said. Hilfy can pull of the stash, just give him one more month of growing it and he'll be Dennis Lillee 2.0-- less the overrated part!

Brilliant bowling by Siddle, he's been superb all day.

Aus attack looks pretty crap. MJ needs to hit form, Hilfenhaus is steady but more a support bowler than a matchwinner (don't think he's ever taken 5). Siddle has been top notch in this match and Watson was the only other seamer who bowled well.

Ponting took an excellent catch...good bowling from Siddle

very :asif-esqe dismissal of KP there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back