The Ashes | First Test | Brisbane | Day 1 | 25-Nov-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilf and MJ have been pretty poor today.

The questionable selections Siddle and Doherty have been excellent. Swan is going to turn the ball a freaking mile on this pitch though....

BRILLIANT!!! Let's go AussieS!

WALTZING MATILDA!!

Siddle has fourfer, the last Saffer is gooooneeee :out

oh prior. This guy is great at home, but away he doesn't put in the batting performances like he should. Needs to really work on it.

The United Nations XI is in a bit of bother. Can they run through? Or can the United Nations XI recover?

Come on Bell. You're the last hope :(

Last edited:
Hatrick!!! But the United Nations XI challenge it!

don't much like broad, but don't really want England to loose lol.

Bambi is gonnnnneeee :out

Birthday hatrick!! And a birthday with Michelle too!!

Couldn't have been a better batsmen for it to happen to for the hat trick ball. :))

I am over the Mooon!

Siddle, you made us wait but did not disappoint!!

BRING IT POMS!!

Let's get Swann out too now. Get them under 250. Swann gonna like this wicket. Batting less will be tricky.

Isn't that a special type of hat-trick? It was a catch, bowled and LBW. What's the name for that?

Just keep Bell on strike Swann. Bell's looking good. Need not to loose anymore wickets.

I don't want to be 220/9 with the prospect of Finn batting at the one end :(

Alim Dar Given a Great LBW.. At First I thought It was out side of Leg stump, but Review Made that clear and Broad the lady gone on the Hat-trick Ball.. :14: Well Done Siddle Great Birthday Present for himself.... :yahoo:yahoo:yahoo

Last edited:
And Warney called the hatrick! Geez Warney's a good reader of the game.

wow! this is the best I have seen an aussie bowl in past a couple of years. He is pitching it full and that's the key.

Aussie Needs to Make sure that Eng are restricted inside 250 and their Tail-enders get out as soon as possible.. Swann is the biggest threat for Aussie Now..

Bell 50* probably the most afluent 50 from englands side. Cooked scratched for it

just need wicket of bell

come on Australia
australia_flag.gif

Good on Bell. Perhaps the only batsman who's looked relatively untroubled in this innings. If Cook had been caught when he should have he's the only one who would have got past 50.

Hopefully he can convert this into a century. Doesn't look like the rabbit in the headlights anymore.

212/7 target swann i say. And get anderson :D
swann's the only one left apart from bell. Anderson's looked terrible with the bat recently. the less said on Finn's batting prowess the better. Averages under 6 in first class cricket ;(

212/7 target swann i say. And get anderson :D
swann's the only one left apart from bell. Anderson's looked terrible with the bat recently. the less said on Finn's batting prowess the better. Averages under 6 in first class cricket ;(

Hope mitch can get a wicket here
Should have been dropped. Fine include siddle but bollinger did nothing to deserve to get dropped. Has been one of the most devastating fast bowlers in recent times, averaging just over 20. More importantly he's excellent in Australia.

Very unhappy, Bollinger's a hard working, consistent cricketer. He'll probably be back next test though hopefully.

was that an untimely change?
Maybe Aus needed to stick with Siddle for another couple of overs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back