Umar Akmal : Mega Discussion Thread

He wont be called even if one more batsman gets injured.Although he should have been in the original squad..

I would if he were in the team. My question is what is the point of your posts.

My point is too show some facts. The akmal haters are just as bad as the akmal haters, they make comments with little basis and then deride or ignore anyone trying to correct them

I have often said this : blind love or hate for any cricketer is bad

The Akmal haters don't argue with facts, just with emotions. Check this excellent post by Waqar Goraya that shows the very rational reasons behind the support for U. Akmal - unlike their idiotic hate and useless posts that attempt to mock supporters.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=169977&page=2

So,again Umar Akmal is the topic of discussion....I could help a bit..

Pakistan Batsmen's Averages in England vs England:

Player Matches Innings Runs Average

Umar Akmal 4 8 184 79* 30.66

Mohammad Yousuf 2 4 99 56 24.75

Azhar Ali 4 8 152 92* 21.71

Salman Butt 4 8 128 48 16.00

Imran Farhat 4 8 118 33 14.75

Shoaib Malik 2 4 53 38 13.25

Yasir Hameed 2 4 41 36 10.25

Umar Amin 2 4 40 23 10.00

Kamran Akmal 3 6 24 13 4.00

Zulqarnain Haider 1 2 88 88 44.00

Even England Batsmen struggled in this series..These English batsmen averaged even less than Umar....

EJG Morgan 4 6 0 175 130 29.16

AJ Strauss 4 7 1 155 53* 25.83

AN Cook 4 7 0 167 110 23.85

KP Pietersen 4 6 0 140 80 23.33

PD Collingwood 4 6 0 119 82 19.83

The biggest argument from Umar haters that Umar failed in England....every person can see that even world class English batsmen failed in that series......They say Azhar Ali win us the match at the Oval so he was the best batsman there,and they do not remember that in the same match Umar made 38 in the first innings before getting himself run out and in second innings he remained unbeaten on 16 with Aamir to guide Pakistan home.. Though i am not arguing that Umar was better than Azhar.....But he was better than the most others...

Now have a look at Westindies tour stats,his last series:

Misbah-ul-Haq 2 4 1 181 102* 60.33

Umar Akmal 2 4 0 166 56 41.50

Taufeeq Umar 2 4 0 165 135 41.25

Azhar Ali 2 4 0 154 67 38.50

Asad Shafiq 2 4 0 48 42 12.00

Mohammad Hafeez 2 4 0 46 32 11.50

Ok,you dropped him once to realize him the importance of his wicket in test cricket..But his ouster from test squad after England series without getting a game is total injustice..He was told that he should get some big scores in domestic cricket,we do not want pretty 20s and 30s from you....Now these are his performances in domestic cricket since being dropped...

97,20,165,44,7,93,40,48,21,18,16,57*,107,16,76.... ...Average 59

And recently when all of Pakistan's test batsmen were playing in the final,he aggregated the most in the final match and helped his team win the final..

This teach Umar a lesson thing should end now....You do not treat your youngsters that way....

here are stats for our test batsmen in President Trophy.

Player Matches Innings Runs Average

Taufeeq Umar 9 17 377 22.17

Mohammad Hafeez 6 11 486 44.18

Younis Khan 7 13 495 41.25

Azhar Ali 9 17 484 30.25

Asad Shafiq 6 10 238 26.44

Misbah-ul-Haq 7 12 430 35.83

Umar Akmal 4 8 292 41.7

So many reasons why Umar should be in test squad at least now...

Re: Bring Back Umar Akmal! | Umar Akmal Discussion Thread [Merged]

That's a cue for a lipstick comment to change the subject. ...

Not a good idea to talk about the use of a brain when supporting Umar Akmal.

If we want to talk about brains why stop at him why not treat everyone the same. Our entire middle order lacks brains but the way i see it only umars is mentioned so i guess:

Azhar ali gets bogged down and then charges the bowler getting himself out - not a brain fart?

YK comes out when the bowling is doing a bit despite that he always plays extravagant and loose cuts and drives. - not a brain fart?

Asad- Always getting out after getting a 50 despite normally playing 3 or 4, consistently getting out because he is trying to cut a bowl thats not wide enough - not a brain fart?

Misbah, i support him as a captain, but not as a player he brains farts a lot. If we are 12/2 or 150/2 he will come and tuk excessively, and then proceed to get out. He isnt even making it count anymore. the game where umar made 91 and threw it away misbah made 21 from 53 while the rate was climbing the entire time. When he gets out its always a stupid way like missing a slower ball or giving the leg slip catching practice , but ohh wait - its not a brain fart?

Umar has made plenty of mistakes , he still has many errors, but when making an odi team id have him in front of all these players. Purely because despite his errors he has a better record than all of them despite barely playing in the top order, the place where your best batsman should play. Misbah since he has been captain has a strike rate off 66 its awful. I still want him in the team but he shouldn't play above 5.

Last edited:
If we want to talk about brains why stop at him why not treat everyone the same. Our entire middle order lacks brains but the way i see it only umars is mentioned so i guess:

Azhar ali gets bogged down and then charges the bowler getting himself out - not a brain fart?

YK comes out when the bowling is doing a bit despite that he always plays extravagant and loose cuts and drives. - not a brain fart?

Asad- Always getting out after getting a 50 despite normally playing 3 or 4, consistently getting out because he is trying to cut a bowl thats not wide enough - not a brain fart?

Misbah, i support him as a captain, but not as a player he brains farts a lot. If we are 12/2 or 150/2 he will come and tuk excessively, and then proceed to get out. He isnt even making it count anymore. the game where umar made 91 and threw it away misbah made 21 from 53 while the rate was climbing the entire time. When he gets out its always a stupid way like missing a slower ball or giving the leg slip catching practice , but ohh wait - its not a brain fart?

Umar has made plenty of mistakes , he still has many errors, but when making an odi team id have him in front of all these players. Purely because despite his errors he has a better record than all of them despite barely playing in the top order, the place where your best batsman should play. Misbah since he has been captain has a strike rate off 66 its awful. I still want him in the team but he shouldn't play above 5.

Please tell when Shafiq,Azhar,Misbah and Younus threw their wicket away by playing a harsh stroke when the situation did not require them to score quick runs.
And i don't think i need to state the countless occasions when junior Akmal has done so.

Please tell when Shafiq,Azhar,Misbah and Younus threw their wicket away by playing a harsh stroke when the situation did not require them to score quick runs.
And i don't think i need to state the countless occasions when junior Akmal has done so.

So what your just gonna ignore the fact that all those players consistently give their wickets away purely because umar does it at the end of the innings?

I think illustrated their brain farts enough

my question to you is do you think those players are better limited overs players than akmal?

So what your just gonna ignore the fact that all those players consistently give their wickets away purely because umar does it at the end of the innings?

I think illustrated their brain farts enough

my question to you is do you think those players are better limited overs players than akmal?

I asked you tell me when the threw their wicket away by playing a rash shot when it was not required please tell me in which matches did they do this.

A brain fart is not a technical error or inability to bat as most Pakistani batsmen.

Its called having the ability to bat but still throwing.it all away.

Last match vs India was a clear example. 50 runs to win, no pressure on him. 7 wickets in hand. RR IS 3.5

What does Bradman do?

He slogs in a no man land. Lucky to get away, he is not happy.

He charges down the wicket... Somehow inexplicably for a single and gets stumped.

No problem in ability. Just lack of brain. Explosive brain farts

I asked you tell me when the threw their wicket away by playing a rash shot when it was not required please tell me in which matches did they do this.

we clearly have different perceptions of what is throwing your wicket away. i admit umar does it more than other yet 2 things remains, the other do it as well and despite umar doing such things he still has a better record than the rest.
Azhar ali :

Pattinson to Azhar Ali, OUT, and another soft dismissal! Chipped to mid-on, it was shaping in full on the pads and Azhar was looking to chip it over the on side, the trouble was the bat turned as he made contact and hence mistimed it, Johnson jogged to his right and caught it on the fall

Kumar to Azhar Ali, OUT, caught at midwicket! No life for Azhar though. It was a short delivery outside off and Azhar tries to drag it towards the on side, doesn't get any timing and he is not really in balance as he plays that shot, the ball lobs up tamely to Rohit Sharma at midwicket. Bhuvi gets his second

Azhar Ali c RG Sharma b Kumar 9 (44m 38b 0x4 0x6) SR: 23.68
Misbah :
Christian breaks the stand and Misbah perishes trying to be aggressive, Christian took a lot of pace off the ball with his offcutter, the keeper was up to the stumps to stifle the batsman, Misbah tried to hoick it over the on side and got a thick inside edge to the stumps

Shafiq :
Starc to Asad Shafiq, OUT, and the start of the Powerplay brings a wicket! Shafiq was trying to repeat the shot from the previous ball, made a lot of room to spank it through cover, Starc fired it full and on the stumps from round the wicket, Shafiq made no contact and lost his stumps

Bresnan to Asad Shafiq, OUT, chopped it on trying to cut a ball that was angled in to the right-hander and the shot that had served Shafiq rather well becomes his downfall. It was on a length and Shafiq tried to stand in the crease and chop it down to third man but it just came back in a touch to take the bottom edge onto the stumps

YK has done plenty through his career 2 ones that come to fore in the 011 world cup against Australia. and recently in india

Kumar to Younis Khan, OUT, the middle stump has been flattened! Not a big inswinger, but enough on that to take the inside edge as Younis comes forward to play a loose drive towards cover. And just like that, Pakistan are two down

Younis Khan b Kumar 6 (19m 15b 1x4 0x6) SR: 40.00

now pls answer my question

Last edited:
we clearly have different perceptions of what is throwing your wicket away. i admit umar does it more than other yet 2 things remains, the other do it as well and despite umar doing such things he still has a better record than the rest.
Azhar ali :

Misbah :

Shafiq :

Azhar didn't throw his wicket away in the First ODI against Australia we were batting fist and he didn't time the ball and got out.

Against Kumar he did what he needed to got out but batted until the ball got a bit old making life easy for the other Batsman.

Shafiq was trying to score some runs in the power play overs when batting first what's wrong with that?

After scoring 65 runs when batting first he tried to be aggressive and got out,again i don't see what's wrong with that?

Again with Misbah Pakistan were batting first we needed to score quickly Misbah tried to score quickly and got out.

Only Azhar played a rash stroke and got out while chasing and that too after seeing the new ball off.
Except one of Azhar all these dismissals came when Pakistan were Setting a target and not chasing.
I don't think you know what "throwing your wicket" is.

Last edited:
Azhar didn't throw his wicket away in the First ODI against Australia we were batting fist and he didn't time the ball and got out.

Against Kumar he did what he needed to got out but batted until the ball got a bit old making life easy for the other Batsman.

Shafiq was trying to score some runs in the power play overs when batting first what's wrong with that?

After scoring 65 runs when batting first he tried to be aggressive and got out,again i don't see what's wrong with that?

Again with Misbah Pakistan were batting first we needed to score quickly Misbah tried to score quickly and got out.

Only Azhar played a rash stroke and got out while chasing and that too after seeing the new ball off.
Except one of Azhar all these dismissals came when Pakistan were Setting a target and not chasing.
I don't think you know what "throwing your wicket" is.

when umar makes a 50 and gets out he gets flamed, even if he mistimes a bowl its a brain fart. In regards to misbah i see 40 from 89 then getting out as irresponsible as 35 from 28. we differ in opinion thats fine.

I cant help but notice that to this point you have not answered my original question : Do you think Asad, Azhar, Misbah, Yk are all better odi batsmen than akmal?

Also despite all of his failings why does umar have a considerably better record than asad, azhar, yk and arguably misbah despite batting the lowest out off all of them ?

Last edited:
when umar makes a 50 and gets out he gets flamed, even if he mistimes a bowl its a brain fart. In regards to misbah i see 40 from 89 then getting out as irresponsible as 35 from 28. we differ in opinion thats fine.

I cant help but notice that to this point you have not answered my original question : Do you think Asad, Azhar, Misbah, Yk are all better odi batsmen than akmal?

Also despite all of his failings why does umar have a considerably better record than asad, azhar, yk and arguably misbah despite batting the lowest out off all of them ?

Umar scores a Fifty while chasing gets us too a good position than throws his wicket away causing a collapse.
That is something that Misbah,Yk,Azhar and Shafiq don't do.
And Azhar and Misbah both have a better record than Umar Akmal.

Umar scores a Fifty while chasing gets us too a good position than throws his wicket away causing a collapse.
That is something that Misbah,Yk,Azhar and Shafiq don't do.
And Azhar and Misbah both have a better record than Umar Akmal.

you are still avoiding the question. umar has cost us games but he has still won more than any of the other players mentioned. the recent 61 against sri lanka, and that 48 against australia on a 2 paced track come to mind.

thing is why do those collapses happen, is it because we have 2 batsman who avg in there low 30s.

Now azhar vgs 41 with a strike of 64. he avgs less than 30 at 3 at a lower strike. Is that still better?

Misbah is the one where i see both sides of the argument.

But pls answer my questions

and to remind you why is it despite his failing he still has achievements, still has won more games in the past 4 years than the rest and is still the top ranked player by some distance, surely that merits at least a chance at the top order. If he fails then drop him

@Ahmed 778

I think u need to read my Player A vs Player B thread. ...

@Ahmed 778

I think u need to read my Player A vs Player B thread. ...

Lol u explicitly stated that, that thread was not comparing Umar Akmal to anyone in any respect.

Such hypocrisy when defending someone u love : )

Haven't gone through this thread and don't intend to do so. I just hope that the Akmalistas are not claiming that Umar should have been playing in South Africa.

Lol u explicitly stated that, that thread was not comparing Umar Akmal to anyone in any respect.

Such hypocrisy when defending someone u love : )

Its not at all. That player is not umar akmal.

That thread is making a specific point about brain farts vs average.

Ahmed was talking about brain farts and averages so I referred him to that thread so that he could think about that a bit more and understand the difference.

Last edited:
Its not at all. That player is not umar akmal.

That thread is making a specific point about brain farts vs average.

Ahmed was talking about brain farts and averages so I referred him to that thread so that he could think about that a bit more and understand the difference.

But you said that both players play the same way when I asked about irresponsible batting vs responsible

But you said that both players play the same way when I asked about irresponsible batting vs responsible

Yes. And that's why Player A is not umar akmal. Umar Akmal plays differently to other players.

If u complain about Akmal cos he plays differently then that thread is not relevant at all.

If u compare brain farts and average specifically. .. Then that thread is relevant for that specific point only.

If we were talking about Misbahs brain farts vs his average I would refer to that thread for that point specifically as well.

Think of that thread like an education exercise about a specific point.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't so I can explain it better.

Last edited:
A cricketer with tons of talent is totally useless without a brain

Example : Habibul Bashar of Bangladesh.

Umar can replicate his stats after a couple of more years.

you are still avoiding the question. umar has cost us games but he has still won more than any of the other players mentioned. the recent 61 against sri lanka, and that 48 against australia on a 2 paced track come to mind.

thing is why do those collapses happen, is it because we have 2 batsman who avg in there low 30s.

Now azhar vgs 41 with a strike of 64. he avgs less than 30 at 3 at a lower strike. Is that still better?

Misbah is the one where i see both sides of the argument.

But pls answer my questions

and to remind you why is it despite his failing he still has achievements, still has won more games in the past 4 years than the rest and is still the top ranked player by some distance, surely that merits at least a chance at the top order. If he fails then drop him

Out of 71 please tell me at least 4 in which he took us to the end while chasing by contributing at the end.
Misbah has won us more games than Junior Akmal.
And no i would never play a player like Umar Akmal with such a bad temperament i consider Shafiq,Misbah and Younus better players than him.

The main thing is Azhar averages 41. That is enough to statistically prove him as a better player than Umar Akmal.

No the collapse happens because Umar Akmal throws his wicket away when the team is settled and this more than often causes a collapse.

Shafiq's contribution enabled us to win that game against Austalia and he scored 44 runs that game if you are gonna fanboy some player at least remember correct stuff about them.

Out of 71 please tell me at least 4 in which he took us to the end while chasing by contributing at the end.
And no i would never play a player like Umar Akmal with such a bad temperament i consider Shafiq,Misbah and Younus better players than him.

The main thing is Azhar averages 41. That is enough to statistically prove him as a better player than Umar Akmal.

No the collapse happens because Umar Akmal throws his wicket away when the team is settled and this more than often causes a collapse.

Shafiq's contribution enabled us to win that game against Austalia and he scored 44 runs that game if you are gonna fanboy some player at least remember correct stuff about them.

So how does a player "cause" a collapse?

Look at who has the most mom awards in that time period, yes shafiq played well but didn't convert his start , it was umar who won the game along with razzaq. I think I have given plenty of credit to shafiq when it's due the issue is your the one who doesn't give any where its deserved and blindly hate someone. The fact you think azhar Ali, shafiq and umar are better Odis players shows your bias. I suppose by your logic azhar Ali is better than inzamam, anwar and Ijaz Ahmed

So how does a player "cause" a collapse?

The team is at 255/6 chasing 300 15 over left two Batsmen at the crease Umar and Razzaq, both are set the partnership is now of 80 runs Umar is on 65 and Razzaq on 40.
Umar decides to come down the track and misses the ball completely and gets stumped.
In the next 3 overs the rest of the Pakistani Batsman get out.
It's weird that you do not even know what a "collapse" is in cricket.

Look at who has the most mom awards in that time period, yes shafiq played well but didn't convert his start , it was umar who won the game along with razzaq. I think I have given plenty of credit to shafiq when it's due the issue is your the one who doesn't give any where its deserved and blindly hate someone. The fact you think azhar Ali, shafiq and umar are better Odis players shows your bias. I suppose by your logic azhar Ali is better than inzamam, anwar and Ijaz Ahmed

Umar was excellent in the first year or two of his career but since than it has just been poor performances from him from time to time.
It is 2013 not 2010.
Accept the fact and than we will talk.

Umar Akmal Man of the Match awards,
njWahmw.jpg

The last time he got a Man of the Match award was in 2011.

And Hafeez has 9 MOM Awards more than Umar Akmal.

Now i won't argue with you or any other Akmal fan and try telling them why Umar Akmal is not worthy of a place in the Test Squad because wasted 3-4 days doing so and i don't want to do that i would have continued if you posted a logical argument or even some correct stats to support it but you haven't and i can't convince you because your love for Umar Akmal is just to great it's like convincing an English fan that Pakistan is the best team in the world.

The team is at 255/6 chasing 300 15 over left two Batsmen at the crease Umar and Razzaq, both are set the partnership is now of 80 runs Umar is on 65 and Razzaq on 40.
Umar decides to come down the track and misses the ball completely and gets stumped.

So did akmal cause the other batsmen to get out?

Did he tie up their shoe laces together?

And i considered Umar the best Pakistani Batsmen till about the Srilanka series in 2011 than his failure's made me realize the truth.
I don't have anything against him personally if he improves his temperament i will think of him the same way but right now he is not worthy of a place in the Test Squad.

You are lying through your teeth. There is no Odi where got our for 65. The closest I can match to your description is this match agaisnt SA http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakista.../461570.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary. When umar got out we were 222/6, razzler was on 29. Pakistan needed 92 from 60, a run rate of 9.3. He got out trying to maximize the power play. Still stupid but no as bad as you are trying to make people believe. I mean honestly your credibility is shot

Umar was excellent in the first year or two of his career but since than it has just been poor performances from him from time to time.
It is 2013 not 2010.
Accept the fact and than we will talk.

Umar Akmal Man of the Match awards,
njWahmw.jpg

The last time he got a Man of the Match award was in 2011.

And Hafeez has 9 MOM Awards more than Umar Akmal.

Now i won't argue with you or any other Akmal fan and try telling them why Umar Akmal is not worthy of a place in the Test Squad because wasted 3-4 days doing so and i don't want to do that i would have continued if you posted a logical argument or even some correct stats to support it but you haven't and i can't convince you because your love for Umar Akmal is just to great it's like convincing an English fan that Pakistan is the best team in the world.

& Hafeez has been playing 10 years of international cricket.

No they got good balls.
Umar Akmal did not get out to a good ball.

Did Misbah get out to a good ball?

Did Hafeez get out to a good ball?

Our captain got out to arguably the worst delivery possible. Slipping down the leg side and Misbah simply guided it into leg slips hands. He gave him slip practise.

Misbah's dismissal was a lot worse then Umar's but Umar gets most criticism because his last name is Akmal + because he's an attacking batsmen.

Attacking batsmen will get out in unusual ways, deal with it.

You are lying through your teeth. There is no Odi where got our for 65. The closest I can match to your description is this match agaisnt SA http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakista.../461570.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary. When umar got out we were 222/6, razzler was on 29. Pakistan needed 92 from 60, a run rate of 9.3. He got out trying to maximize the power play. Still stupid but no as bad as you are trying to make people believe. I mean honestly your credibility is shot

Oh my god.
It was an example.

:facepalm:

Our captain got out to arguably the worst delivery possible. Slipping down the leg side and Misbah simply guided it into leg slips hands. He gave him slip practise.

Misbah's dismissal was a lot worse then Umar's but Umar gets most criticism because his last name is Akmal + because he's an attacking batsmen.

It was an example.

Hey Afridi attacks?

Please be honest. You like him too ?

Oh my god.
It was an example.

Then why did you mention it , you stated it as a fact and referring to the MoMs we have been talking about the middle order this entire time, not once haven't I mentione Hafeez, plus he is an alrounder, you conveniently forget things a lot.

Though i guess its okay to make up presice examples to bash players one doest like ?

Anyways i won't argue anymore you people are just not going to accept the simple fact that Umar has not done well enough to warrant a place in the side i hope you start using your brain when it comes to Umar Akmal.

Then why did you mention it , you stated it as a fact and referring to the MoMs we have been talking about the middle order this entire time, not once haven't I mentione Hafeez, plus he is an alrounder, you conveniently forget things a lot.

Though i guess its okay to make up presice examples to bash players one doest like ?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I was giving him an "EXAMPLE" of what a collapse is.

Lol Yaar.. if you guys accept the fact that

Umar Akmal is nothing more than a "Tullay Baz" who hits out and "jis din chal gaya uss din we'll win and jis din nai chala we will lose".. then I'll concede the fact he needs to be in the Pakistan team : )

He is rather a reformed tullay baaz. A better version of Afridi with some defensive potential.
But he has neither the patience, nor the desire to plan out an innings.

He is impatient and restless like Afridi.

We need him because we always have depended on "Tullay Baaz" players to win the game for us.

I think that's a fair deal :D

Lol Yaar.. if you guys accept the fact that

Umar Akmal is nothing more than a "Tullay Baz" who hits out and "jis din chal gaya uss din we'll win and jis din nai chala we will lose".. then I'll concede the fact he needs to be in the Pakistan team : )

He is rather a reformed tullay baaz. A better version of Afridi with some defensive potential.
But he has neither the patience, nor the desire to plan out an innings.

He is impatient and restless like Afridi.

We need him because we always have depended on "Tullay Baaz" players to win the game for us.

I think that's a fair deal :D

If you had even a miniscule of cricket knowledge you would see that :umarakmal is a rubbish slogger.

They tried to turn him into an Afridi and he failed...

Anyways i won't argue anymore you people are just not going to accept the simple fact that Umar has not done well enough to warrant a place in the side i hope you start using your brain when it comes to Umar Akmal.

Test side I agree with you but its beyond me how you can look past him in limited overs. At the end of the day I want pakiatan to win, and I truly believe pakiatan especially in limited overs need umar akmal and that he needs to be given a go in place taken by failures like younis khan, if he fails there drop him

If you had even a miniscule of cricket knowledge you would see that :umarakmal is a rubbish slogger.

They tried to turn him into an Afridi and he failed...

Now let me rephrase that.

If you had even a miniscule of cricket knowledge, you wouldn't be defending his horrendous timings of getting out.

There is a common adage in cricket. YOU MUST FINISH the job at hand and not leave it to the next batsmen.

And all you spout on the forums is "What were the next batsmen doing?"

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling him a "Tullay Baaz"

But the guy who does not know how to play according to the needs of the situation and just plays the way he wants....

Is as worse as the guy who gets out on a 15 or 20 because of a technical error.

If you really had some knowledge of cricket, you wouldn't be making such atrocious statements as he scores runs and all that blah.

I don't care if he scores five hundreds and gets out just before we are about to win. He has failed.

I don't care if he never makes a hundred but strokes a 34 not out 5 times to lead us to victory, I would support those runs more.

Winning is all that counts. Not hypothetical scenarios and lame excuses.
When you are set, YOU MUST finish the job.

That is as simple as cricket is. Now make some other excuse to defend him. Thank you : )

Umar Akmal has been fined 50% of his match fee for breach of PCB code of conduct during QA Trophy Match' Was wearing boom boom shirt !

Now let me rephrase that.

If you had even a miniscule of cricket knowledge, you wouldn't be defending his horrendous timings of getting out.

There is a common adage in cricket. YOU MUST FINISH the job at hand and not leave it to the next batsmen.

And all you spout on the forums is "What were the next batsmen doing?"

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling him a "Tullay Baaz"

But the guy who does not know how to play according to the needs of the situation and just plays the way he wants....

Is as worse as the guy who gets out on a 15 or 20 because of a technical error.

If you really had some knowledge of cricket, you wouldn't be making such atrocious statements as he scores runs and all that blah.

I don't care if he scores five hundreds and gets out just before we are about to win. He has failed.

I don't care if he never makes a hundred but strokes a 34 not out 5 times to lead us to victory, I would support those runs more.

Winning is all that counts. Not hypothetical scenarios and lame excuses.
When you are set, YOU MUST finish the job.

That is as simple as cricket is. Now make some other excuse to defend him. Thank you : )

You are right that akmal needs to do me to finish things off.

But he finishes things off more than many others.

Only one player in the team can score the winning runs.

7 batsmen need to contribute.

Akmal contributes more than anyone else.

Plus he knows how to play to the needs of the situation better than most others.

He just fails when he tries to slog.

I only defend the fact that he is our BEST ODI batsman.

And

I am one of the only people that actually recognises his ACTUAL faults.

The kids and doctors appear to criticise his lipstick or made up fallacies

Plus he knows how to play to the needs of the situation better than most others.

He just fails when he tries to slog.

Lol.

If I accept every point of yours, please explain this ?

1. Jadeja to Umar Akmal, 2 runs, he takes his chance as he tries to slog is out of the ground, but it takes a top-edge which lands safely at deep midwicket as fielders are in.

2. Jadeja to Umar Akmal, OUT, he charges out and is stumped by a mile! He gave away the trick too early and Jadeja altered his length by dropping it short. Realising that he was no where near the pitch of the delivery, he tried to defend it, but the ball squeezed through the gap between the bat and pad and Dhoni completed the stumping in a flash

48 runs required in 13 overs

3.24 RR

Yeah , he knows for sure how to play according to situation....

Lol.

1. Jadeja to Umar Akmal, 2 runs, he takes his chance as he tries to slog is out of the ground, but it takes a top-edge which lands safely at deep midwicket as fielders are in.

2. Jadeja to Umar Akmal, OUT, he charges out and is stumped by a mile! He gave away the trick too early and Jadeja altered his length by dropping it short. Realising that he was no where near the pitch of the delivery, he tried to defend it, but the ball squeezed through the gap between the bat and pad and Dhoni completed the stumping in a flash

3.24 RR

Ball kept low but still was an error from Umar. It happens in cricket.

Look at Smith yesterday. He was batting on a 100 and just needed to go around a run a ball. He played a silly stroke and gave his wicket away. He's a legend of the game. It can happen to any one.

Ball kept low but still was an error from Umar. It happens in cricket.

Look at Smith yesterday. He was batting on a 100 and just needed to go around a run a ball. He played a silly stroke and gave his wicket away. He's a legend of the game. It can happen to any one.

I didn't say whether it happens to tons of people or no one.

That was just a response to "Playing to the needs of the situation" cuz Mr. Khan Ji apparently feels that he plays "according to needs of the situation"

Oh and btw, Smith almost cost his side a win by doing that. Lucky last ball six. : )

I only defend the fact that he is our BEST ODI batsman.

And

I am one of the only people that actually recognises his ACTUAL faults.

The kids and doctors appear to criticise his lipstick or made up fallacies

Not the best anymore.. Jamshed has overtaken him.. and I am sure if Haris Sohail is given a chance he would do better than U.Akmal aswell..

Your best batsmen is the one that wins you the most matches and I am sorry but Junior has only around 10 match winning innings in his 4 year career..

But I guess there is no arguing with fanboys/agents..

My point is too show some facts. The akmal haters are just as bad as the akmal haters, they make comments with little basis and then deride or ignore anyone trying to correct them

I have often said this : blind love or hate for any cricketer is bad

Fine I agree with you that Akmal is a talented player.

Now would you agree that as of now he should not be in the team, and should play first class cricket?

If not, please identify the player he should replace

Lol.

3.24 RR

He brain farted. We all know he brain farts.

But he scores more runs than anyone else does. .. Before he brain farts.

He is very good at playing to the situation. ... better than anyone else in our odi team.

But he continues to brain fart after paying to the situation and scoring plenty runs... Ie make mistakes.

Not saying he's great. Just better than all the others

I can see haters are even more vibrant and passionate about criticizing him than his fans who admire him.....And the reason is simple that their expectations are bit too high ...

I guess discussion is now about his ODI place in Pakistan side.... So for last 10 ODI innings for batsmen stats are:

Umar Akmal= 77,28,30,36*,3,0,55*,52,0,25....Average 38.25

Hafeez = 14,0,0,6,4,23,78,0,76,21....Average 22.2

Younis Khan= 12,2,52,1,5,4,1,58,10,6....Average 15.1

Shoaib Malik = 14,2,0,17,0,7,23,34*,24,5....Average 12.6

Misbah Ul Haq = 27,0*,57,32,26,35*,25,16,2,39....Average 32.38

Asad Shafiq = 0,18,65,4,5*,25,38,56,9,27....Average 27.44

Only Jamshed has performed better than him in ODIs but his sample size is relatively small but he has performed better than him in recent past......Wanna play with only one batsman?..The hate is just unbelievable...It is a strange excuse that he is not world class so he can not be in Pakistan side.....

I can see haters are even more vibrant and passionate about criticizing him than his fans who admire him.....And the reason is simple that their expectations are bit too high ...

I guess discussion is now about his ODI place in Pakistan side.... So for last 10 ODI innings for batsmen stats are:

Umar Akmal= 77,28,30,36*,3,0,55*,52,0,25....Average 38.25

Hafeez = 14,0,0,6,4,23,78,0,76,21....Average 22.2

Younis Khan= 12,2,52,1,5,4,1,58,10,6....Average 15.1

Shoaib Malik = 14,2,0,17,0,7,23,34*,24,5....Average 12.6

Misbah Ul Haq = 27,0*,57,32,26,35*,25,16,2,39....Average 32.38

Asad Shafiq = 0,18,65,4,5*,25,38,56,9,27....Average 27.44

Only Jamshed has performed better than him in ODIs but his sample size is relatively small but he has performed better than him in recent past......Wanna play with only one batsman?..The hate is just unbelievable...It is a strange excuse that he is not world class so he can not be in Pakistan side.....

Owned the haters.

If Imran Farhat can score 308 and number of centuries this season then why the best batsman in Pakistan can not score a 200 or some centuries to earn his call up..?

If Imran Farhat can score 308 and number of centuries this season then why the best batsman in Pakistan can not score a 200 or some centuries to earn his call up..?

Made few hundreds in President's trophy. Unfortunately his captain misbah tries his best to keep him out of the team.

Why would this thread get bumped?! This batting line up is settled, no need for sloggers.

Made few hundreds in President's trophy. Unfortunately his captain misbah tries his best to keep him out of the team.

No,he did not score any hundred in President trophy ..Though he averaged good and scored the most runs in the final ..So far he has scored only one century this season...But still has 2 or 3 games of Q.A trophy left to score a big hundred....

He did better than most of these batsmen in President Trophy..But still better things are expected from Pakistan's best batsman ....Needs couple of big hundreds desperately..

Last edited:

He is only Pakistan's best ODI batsman. .
He's nowhere near the best in tests.

He is only Pakistan's best ODI batsman. .
He's nowhere near the best in tests.

Just because of 1 unlucky dismissal people have labelled him a failure at the test level....He has played all the matches away and still was one of the highest run getter in the team. All these ftb's playing looks like a joke outside subcontinent.

Just because of 1 unlucky dismissal people have labelled him a failure at the test level....He has played all the matches away and still was one of the highest run getter in the team. All these ftb's playing looks like a joke outside subcontinent.

I agree with you entirely. ...

But he still isn't the best.

Misbah
Younis
Azhar

Are all currently ahead.

ok 4th best in test, still he deserves his selection.

Definitely. ...

And I am convinced that I'd he played for a year he would be getting better and better.

Back