Umar Akmal : Mega Discussion Thread

Why love them so much ?

You like the way they attack for 30 runs and get out at the worst possible time ?

Forget the fact that none of the Pakistani batsmen are good enough.

What makes you love them ? The pre-meditated heave ? or how they come down the pitch and get stumped by a mile ?

You forgot the Green Lipstick.

Hehe, bringing a batsman at short notice to Cape Town to face Steyn and co. isn't the brightest idea in the world.

Re: Bring Back Umar Akmal! | Umar Akmal Discussion Thread [Merged]

This is where you need someone like Umar Akmal....

They need to move on a bit.

lol @ 7-2 if umar would have walked in.. he would have been a walking wicket with his expansive drives while the bowl was moving around.

lol @ 7-2 if umar would have walked in.. he would have been a walking wicket with his expansive drives while the bowl was moving around.

Maybe...

Maybe not.

His record suggests he is better than most pakistanis in tough conditions.

Refer to post 1112.

^^

So you would put a batsmen on the presumption that he had a 50 50 chance of making it count ,

versus Younis kHan, Azhar Ali and what Misbah did today ?

^^

So you would put a batsmen on the presumption that he had a 50 50 chance of making it count ,

versus Younis kHan, Azhar Ali and what Misbah did today ?

Not over Misbah Younis and Azhar.

But over any of the other 180 million pakistanis....

Who would you kick out ?

At the moment I can only think of Hafeez.

or if Umar wants to keep , over Sarfraz. But he needs to learn to bat first before learning to keep properly.

So I am interested who would you replace in the team today ? : )

Taufeeq
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Akmal

Jamshed for Taufeeq if he is genuinely injured.

I reckon he was sent home so Jamshed could play.

That shows Hafeez the door. Okay thanks.

That will work for me.

As long as he comes when either we are in so deep trouble that it doesnt matter what he does, or we are in such a good position, it doesn't matter if he throws it away : )

That shows Hafeez the door. Okay thanks.

That will work for me.

As long as he comes when either we are in so deep trouble that it doesnt matter what he does, or we are in such a good position, it doesn't matter if he throws it away : )

Lol.

I want him to succeed whatever the situation of the game. .

He is one of the few players that at least tries to play to the situation.

Lol.

I want him to succeed whatever the situation of the game. .

He is one of the few players that at least tries to play to the situation.

Lmao.

Just when i thought we were agreeing on something.

You say the most ridiculous statement in the whole of Pakpassion.

Rofl.

Lmao.

Just when i thought we were agreeing on something.

You say the most ridiculous statement in the whole of Pakpassion.

Rofl.

He does try. .. he fails in execution many times. ... but he really does try.

You have to watch him carefully to be able to see. ... I wouldn't expect you to notice cos I don't think u watch him closely enough. :)

But it's end results that matter rather than what you try and do.

Drop Hafeez , Umar Akmal would be the perfect number 6 , He will keep ticking the scorecard along and the pressure on misbah on the the end will be less.

Umar should do a Kamran and practice with the gloves. I think he could make a very good keeper batsmen.

How many more pages is this thread going to keep going for
its seems like its never going to end :umarakmal

How many more pages is this thread going to keep going for
its seems like its never going to end :umarakmal

It all depends on when the selectors get the message.... :)

I think over the next 2 years U Akmal will develop into a world class player Misbah's time as ODI captain is limited and Akmal will play up the order once he's ousted as captain and also will get back in the test team in 6 months time for Hafeez or Farhat or Faisal because they aren't good enough.
Shafiq and Azhar will be solid players but Jamshed and Akmal have the x factor which can take us to another level.

We could have done with his positivity today. .

Not at all. We deserve tuk tuks and its consequences

so people who wanted him to prove in domestic cricket as well got their answer..averaging in the 60s this season..

I have been a big fan but of late he has been disappointing. Especially in the last odi v India, how easily he just gave his wicket away. I think he should bat 3 v SA in the ODI's. If he fails then I feel Harris Sohail or other batsman should be given a chance

How many hundreds in domestics for Umar?

It was always about Hundreds for an Umar Akmal comeback in Tests

How many hundreds in domestics for Umar?

It was always about Hundreds for an Umar Akmal comeback in Tests

2 100+ scores,2 around 80 scores and one 50+ score in last 8 innings is not that bad..

why he scores at 100 strike rate,patience is the key ingredient of test cricket,even the greatest run scorer of all time ramesh tendulkar has scored 15000 runs at 55 strike rate,umar is in urgent need of this ingredient.

How come he loses his brain when he is batting for the national team ?

Or perhaps domestic pacers suck.

Yep,he generally scores at a quick strike rate,but it is because of his range of strokes,ability and bowling quality...He does slog but rarely .....It is according to the sityation...For example in President Trophy when conditions were difficult to bat .his strike rate was low....

At the same time he needs to curtail his strokes and be more responsible in his batting approach....

why he scores at 100 strike rate,patience is the key ingredient of test cricket,even the greatest run scorer of all time ramesh tendulkar has scored 15000 runs at 55 strike rate,umar is in urgent need of this ingredient.

He scored 72 in boundaries in 17 deliveries and he ran 47 runs, So he played 40 odd dot deliveries. 45 dot deliveries in 108 deliveries he faced is isn't all that bad.

We needed Umar Akmal in this series. ...

I hope people now see why. ..

Taufeeq
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Akmal

As I said before the series, Umar Akmal is the best midle order in Pakistan an the moment in every format.

Younis is also still good!

As I said before the series, Umar Akmal is the best midle order in Pakistan an the moment in every format.

Younis is also still good!

can't believe he was dropped despite having a good series against WI..and instead he was selected for a mickey mouse tournament HK sixes..they only dropped him because he was a positive player who'd play his natural game and try to keep Pakistan in the game with his positive approach and not play selfish Tuk tuk cricket coming from school of Misbah's batting..

it was only a matter of time before kids were going to bump this thread. Best batsman in every format? Jeeeez :facepalm:

it was only a matter of time before kids were going to bump this thread. Best batsman in every format? Jeeeez :facepalm:

Who said he was the best batsman in all formats? ..

Just two of them and amongst the best in tough conditions of the current lot!!!

Can u click the link above?

Although Shafiq has done well, I still rate Umar Akmal as a better batsmen then him.

Umar Akmal would have been brilliant for PAK over in SA with his positive attacking approach. He puts the bad balls away and doesn't let the bowlers settle and this is exactly whats needed for PAK.

He should replace Hafeez in the test team. Azhar must open and Umar at 5.

You got to feel for umar in tests becuase he's done that quiet well considering just about all of his matches were outside the subcontinent.
Except one that was in the uae

Khan ji, please read through the thread. You'll find plenty more garbage posts along with that best batsman of all formats. And how does he qualify as our best ODI batsman? he was dropped for 2 of the last 3 odis for crying out loud !

You got to feel for umar in tests becuase he's done that quiet well considering just about all of his matches were outside the subcontinent.
Except one that was in the uae

Fairness and Pakistan cricket don't really go hand in hand. ...

Sadly under Misbah I don't see Umar getting into the team regardless of his performances.

The quicker we get rid of Misbah, the better for PAK and people will realize once he's gone how bad he actually is!

Sadly under Misbah I don't see Umar getting into the team regardless of his performances.

The quicker we get rid of Misbah, the better for PAK and people will realize once he's gone how bad he actually is!

Looks like u were right,,,,,

Its clear to see that Misbah does not like Umar.. Misbah is ruining his career. This guy is meant to be the 'saviour of PAK cricket' :facepalm:

Its clear to see that Misbah does not like Umar.. Misbah is ruining his career. This guy is meant to be the 'saviour of PAK cricket' :facepalm:

I'm a misbah fan but this is incredibly silly

Does anyone want :umarakmal back for the next game?

Is it about time?

What's it going to take?

It seems like Umar Akmal haters are more obsessed with him than his fans....

Why on earth is there a hate obsession with him?

Is it the green lipstick?
Do they hate that he reached no 10 in the world?
Do they hate that he is one of only three pak players ever to AVE over 35 and SR over 80?

What is it you exactly hate?

It seems like Umar Akmal haters are more obsessed with him than his fans....

Why on earth is there a hate obsession with him?

Is it the green lipstick?
Do they hate that he reached no 10 in the world?
Do they hate that he is one of only three pak players ever to AVE over 35 and SR over 80?

What is it you exactly hate?

I am also fan of umer akmal but would like to point out that it is not hatred but fair criticism from the folks..what umer is missing is a sense of RESPONSIBILITY after playing so much at intl level..nobody has any concerns with his talent but he should have matured by now..

Absolute nonsense...Misbah has played cricket at top level and performed as a player and captain as well as doing Pakistan a great service...Umer akmal deserves some time out of team to get mature...

I am also fan of umer akmal but would like to point out that it is not hatred but fair criticism from the folks..what umer is missing is a sense of RESPONSIBILITY after playing so much at intl level..nobody has any concerns with his talent but he should have matured by now..

Hes aged 22.

One of only 3 Pakistan players ever to average over 37 and SR over 80.

He's our best batsman.

Give him a break.

Last edited:

Hope that Umar Akmal isn't given a 10 year break. ...

Chotta needs to be given a bit of license.

This is a PakPassionate plea to the powers that be....

Do NOT ruin the career of a youngster who has the talent, the confidence and the charisma to become the next in line to the throne...

:jm :inzi :yk :moyo ....... :umarakmal ?

Umar Akmal is the best talent we have produced in over 10 years.

Young players with that talent need to be NURTURED.

He will learn NOTHING while he is out of the side.

The only way he will learn is to bat with :yk and :moyo. Those two only have a few months/years left in the side....

If we havent DEVELOPED some of the youngsters before they leave, I fear for Pakistan crickets future.

If you think the last 4 years have been bad.... wait til :yk and :moyo are gone.

He should be allowed to play with NO PRESSURE..... the pressure should be on the seniors not the juniors,,,,

Bring the boy back... give him the tools to be the best.... dont let yours or his ego get to your head....

Think....

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=108910

Dont MAKE him into an also-ran in this list...

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=3063968&postcount=30

How many other of our 20 year olds have had a record like this.....?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/317273.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting

Looks like he is being turned into an also ran. ...

Epic facepalms.

Can we start the bring back Umar Akmal campaign?

When the ball connects they praise him as a fearless player unlike other Pakistanis and when he misses the ball they call him reckles.....

When the ball connects they praise him as a fearless player unlike other Pakistanis and when he misses the ball they call him reckles.....

The whole point is that what he has achieved so far is being wasted. ...

We are talking about a 22 year old with an average close to 40 and SR over 80 and a world ranking of 15.

MR_KHAN_JI , is not active here these days...:(

I think Umar needed to rest mentally...

Lol.

Khan_ji is always around. ... Its just good for people to have a break from his nonsense once in a while.... :)

Looking at that batting line. ... Its a good job Misbah has had a new lease of life...

ZomgOmgOmg his brother performed 2nd time in his career ZomgOmg let‛s have his whole khandan play now including his great great grandsons

XOXO OMG like Omg

Last edited:

mr khan ji is related to Umar Akmal.. or maybe he is umar Akmal himself

I thought I was just his agent?

I just feel that in a a failing batting line up its a crime not to have your highest ranked batter playing.

Its good to have a laugh once in a while.... ;-)

PS: did u see his great innings yesterday?

lol I gave him credit in one of the threads. It was great but did u see after how many innings it came? See I dont have anything personal against any of the players..as long as they benefit the team Im all up for it and will eb the first one rooting for them..but you cant really justify this.

But good inning none the less!

P.s. tareef karo tou bhi khush nahin hotay Khan :yk

lol I gave him credit in one of the threads. It was great but did u see after how many innings it came? See I dont have anything personal against any of the players..as long as they benefit the team Im all up for it and will eb the first one rooting for them..but you cant really justify this.

But good inning none the less!

P.s. tareef karo tou bhi khush nahin hotay Khan :yk

Its all :yk.

I don't personally rate Kami. I just like his cover drives.

But I only want him replaced when we have someone who we genuinely think will contribute more to the side.

So he can't get into the side cos of this bunch?

He deserves a run. The last time he was in England during the spot fixing series, he scored a few runs IIRC.

He deserves a run. The last time he was in England during the spot fixing series, he scored a few runs IIRC.

He averages close to 40 with an SR of 80+

He has three 50s in his last 10 innings.

Of course he deserves to be in the team but, whomever is selected in his place, needs support or don't support Pakistan at all.

Of course he deserves to be in the team but, whomever is selected in his place, needs support or don't support Pakistan at all.

I don't see anyone running around with Indian or Australian flags; we are supporting the team of course and we don't "hope" that the likes of Farhat and Malik fail. Not sure what you are going on about.

I think Umar should be in the side but lets not forget he himself has often gone cheaply in the midst of a batting collapse. I can think of three such instances in his last 10-15 innings. Not a mentally tough chap.

Back