Umar Akmal : Mega Discussion Thread

Re: Bring Back Umar Akmal! | Umar Akmal Discussion Thread [Merged]

I hope Akmal gets a chance to make a comeback soon.

Lol

Let him get into the side first!

He is an absolute must.

Hes the only batter that actually shows some urgency batting

I said we would only know what we are missing once its gone.

Finally back. ...

What did we learn what whilst he was out?

He was dropped unfairly. But selected unfairly as well after terrible domestic performances. But I guess he will do better than Mr. Malik and Mr. Farhat.

He was dropped unfairly. But selected unfairly as well after terrible domestic performances. But I guess he will do better than Mr. Malik and Mr. Farhat.

it was fair to call him back, cuz he shud never have been dropped, hes been performing at international level, him being dropped whithout a good reason hurt his domestic performance.

it was fair to call him back, cuz he shud never have been dropped, hes been performing at international level, him being dropped whithout a good reason hurt his domestic performance.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

It's almost like he needs to start again. Will need a few games to settle in rather than hit the ground running.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

It's almost like he needs to start again. Will need a few games to settle in rather than hit the ground running.

I'd rather he did start all over again. Forget everything and play the eay he played when he made his debut. His first year in cricket was phenomenol

I'd rather he did start all over again. Forget everything and play the eay he played when he made his debut. His first year in cricket was phenomenol

Interesting.

Another case of over (bad) coaching?

Interesting.

Probably not.

Umar Akmal's technique is actually better than it was when he came in. He used to shuffle around a lot.

I remember in Australia, at times, he just kept moving around and getting plumb LBW to deliveries that did nothing by Watson.

I think he's just lost confidence.

Interesting.

Not over coaching i think. Too much drama and lack of confidence. He was dropped from the test side although he performed decently, faking injury for his brother, forced to keep, unfair criticism, u dont live up to your talent crap, dropped unfairly in ODIs as well, never given confidence to bat up the order etc.

All this probably got him confused and shattered his congidence.

Not over coaching i think. Too much drama and lack of confidence. He was dropped from the test side although he performed decently, faking injury for his brother, forced to keep, unfair criticism, u dont live up to your talent crap, dropped unfairly in ODIs as well, never given confidence to bat up the order etc.

All this probably got him confused and shattered his congidence.

I think in addition to all that (which is true), people have attempted to FIX his batting. .. and when someone gets worse as a result of the fixing, u could argue its bad coaching.

I've had optimistic/positive things said about him before, I just don't go OTT like some :p

Yeah he's back....

But I'm not losing any sleep over him.

If he fires fans will say " I told you so"...

If he doesn't fans will say "He was unfairly dropped so out of touch"

If he gets out at the wrong time "Well at least he scored 32 runs"

If he drops a catch "Wow, at least his lipstick shows his passion"

Somewhere along the lines, also drop a tight underwear as an excuse, and you have hordes of fanboys summing up the mental state of Pakpassion and Pakistani fans.

Yeah he's back....

But I'm not losing any sleep over him.

If he fires fans will say " I told you so"...

If he doesn't fans will say "He was unfairly dropped so out of touch"

If he gets out at the wrong time "Well at least he scored 32 runs"

If he drops a catch "Wow, at least his lipstick shows his passion"

Somewhere along the lines, also drop a tight underwear as an excuse, and you have hordes of fanboys summing up the mental state of Pakpassion and Pakistani fans.
Mr.negative & sarcastic is here!

Let's hope he succeeds.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373090583835.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373090583835.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 154

Shot selection. .. And keeping cool.

That's what he needs to focus on.

No other batsman in the PAK team plays with as much as passion he does. So sad to see the way this young kid is treated. Only 23 years of age yet is our top ODI batsman. Amazing talent.

This WI tour, he will prove to the world what a great player he is and how stupid it was to drop him for the CT squad and the SA tour. This will only happen IF Misbah allows him to bat up the order in his natural position which is 4, not 6. Too many times I have seen U.Akmal come in at an impossible task e.g. required RR of 9-11. Or when the RR is 4 and it needs to be accelerated.

The best batters bat 3 4 5.

The finisher or new kid on the block has the No 6 position.

No other batsman in the PAK team plays with as much as passion he does. So sad to see the way this young kid is treated. Only 23 years of age yet is our top ODI batsman. Amazing talent.

This WI tour, he will prove to the world what a great player he is and how stupid it was to drop him for the CT squad and the SA tour. This will only happen IF Misbah allows him to bat up the order in his natural position which is 4, not 6. Too many times I have seen U.Akmal come in at an impossible task e.g. required RR of 9-11. Or when the RR is 4 and it needs to be accelerated.

If he fails in WI, what excuse are you going to use?

Majority of your posts are just about Umar Akmal, you are obsessed with him.

If he fails in WI, what excuse are you going to use?

Majority of your posts are just about Umar Akmal, you are obsessed with him.

This is what our greats were averaging after 71 games.

Anwar 35
Miandad 37
Moyo 37
Inzi 41
Misbah 41

Everyone scores and fails. ....

Bring Back Umar Akmal! | Umar Akmal Discussion Thread [Merged]

This is what our greats were averaging after 71 games.

Anwar 35
Miandad 37
Moyo 37
Inzi 41
Misbah 41

Everyone scores and fails. ....

Sorry, but Umar is not in the same league as the guys mentioned.

Sorry, but Umar is not in the same league as the guys mentioned.

Same league? Not at all. You have to wait until he has played more before deciding leagues.

Those guys made their names after 200 games. After 70 games they were talented newbies doing very well.

Fact is he is averaging the same as our players that turned into legends at the same stage of their careers.

Even Pakistani greats start in an average sort of way.

Unfairly dropped from the team.
He is best batsman in current Pakistani lineup.
And now he have points to prove he'll definitely do well.

hope he does well... i am looking forward to him and hopefully he wont just give us that quick fire 40 but a long innings... . Well he was dropped unfairly at that time so hope he has not lost confidence and is ready to score some runs.

Same league? Not at all. You have to wait until he has played more before deciding leagues.

Those guys made their names after 200 games. After 70 games they were talented newbies doing very well.

Fact is he is averaging the same as our players that turned into legends at the same stage of their careers.

Even Pakistani greats start in an average sort of way.

And Umar has yet to play at home . . .

Yes. I am sure our legends played plenty of home games in their first 71 games.

Think it's definitely time to change his batting position, replace his position with Hafeez.

Should make him bat at 3 or 4, and build the team around him and Jamshed. Not Misbah or Hafeez.

Bring Back Umar Akmal! | Umar Akmal Discussion Thread [Merged]

Yea, like Umar is the only one in the lineup who has not played at home recently. Silly excuse :facepalm:

Can people see why Akmal should be batting up the order.

Strikes at 90ish and can't slog.

If i were Pak captain, i would actually have Umar open the inning. But then again, i am just blessed with supreme wisdom. Hoping Misbah will see the light soon.

If i were Pak captain, i would actually have Umar open the inning. But then again, i am just blessed with supreme wisdom. Hoping Misbah will see the light soon.

Too risky having one of ur only 2/3 good batters batting there.

Brave men dont think about risks. Dhoni didn't care while promoting himself in world cup final.

very good inning why cant out think tank see that Umar shold bat up the order.

Why does Umar Akmal come to bat in horrible situations 90% of the time?

We want him to be the next Kohli, but it seems like we always put him in a horrible situation.

Like one in ten occasions he comes to bat when things are nicely set (like the first odi).

Just so unfair on him. Horrible horrible stuff.

Can never play his natural game

I don't think what happened was a consequence of the horrible situation. Rather it was poor shot selection and lack of concentration. Im a huge of his but what he did was poor, very poor.

Quite true. His innings should be handed to him on a silver platter and he should get to set the field for the bowlers he's facing.

Waste of talent by PCB/Zardari/Ijaz Butt/Misbah/Whatmore.

Stop with the excuses.......

Its these horrible situation where your true class is shown....

Yeah. Right. Excuses start right away. He hit a full toss right back to the bowler. I'm sorry, there are no excuses for today. Most of his innings end in the 10-39 range. He fails to move on. He has mental blockages. He came in a tricky situation, it was by no means "horrible".

He came in with 171 runs required from 183 balls.

I don't think he should be compared to Virat Kohli but if you want to throw his name out there, that's nothing compared to what Kohli's bowlers make him chase.

he himself is horrible...

please give this excuse to Dhoni and he will answer u better...

end of thread...

shame. the mental side of the game is not very strong, i am afraid.

^^ Exactly "Mental Blockage" is the word... All the players r suffering from this... Nothing else is that big an issue...

yes.he should come in only when its 20 required of 100 balls then he can score winning runs.Otherwise if there is a situation where umar has to play some cricket,dont send him at all.retire hurt before coming in.

We want him to be the next Kohli, but it seems like we always put him in a horrible situation.

Like one in ten occasions he comes to bat when things are nicely set (like the first odi).

Just so unfair on him. Horrible horrible stuff.

Can never play his natural game

Kohli comes in with the required run rate over 7.5. Akmal came in with RRR below 6

Why do we compare akmal and Kohli in terms of performance?

It really counts for zilch,
Given Pakistan's poverty akmal still gets into the team quite easily

Kohli is light years ahead but that has little to do with this

Last edited:
Kohli comes in with the required run rate over 7.5. Akmal came in with RRR below 6
lol exactly, Kohli has won games from positions far tougher than Akmal and I'm yet to see him get out to a spinners full toss btw. He's chased 300 numerous times and even though he's respected and therefore planned against A LOT more than Akmal, he continues to churn out runs like water.

Sometimes you find yourself in an era of crap and that's life, if Akmal was so great he would stand out like Misbah does in a bunch of nobodies but he's just not consistent enough.

yes.he should come in only when its 20 required of 100 balls then he can score winning runs.Otherwise if there is a situation where umar has to play some cricket,dont send him at all.retire hurt before coming in.

this

Well said. Comparisons to kholi are laughable . Kholi is light years ahead

Back