West Indies vs Australia [Super 8s/Game 1] - Aus Inns Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
West Indies won the toss & chose to field first

Australia team
AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, RT Ponting, MJ Clarke, A Symonds, MEK Hussey, SR Watson, GB Hogg, NW Bracken, SW Tait, GD McGrath

West Indies team
CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RR Sarwan, MN Samuels, BC Lara, DJ Bravo, DR Smith, D Ramdin, JE Taylor, DB Powell, CD Collymore

Last edited by a moderator:
pitch report: very hard and dry. Should be good pace and bounce, team winning the toss should bat.

overcast conditions.

toss: ponting calls heads, its a tail.

Lara wins the toss, and bowls!

Pitch report: This a brand new venue, and so little is known about the surface, but the groundsmen hope it offers much more than the old Antigua Recreation Ground which was a notorious featherbed. Michael Holding reckoned the shaved surface has been rolled well, so it keeps together, and that cracks won't open up easily. It looks hard, real hard, which should encourage the side that bats first.

Incidentally, Andrew Miller, our man at the ground, informs me that its been drizzling all morning and the local weather men say the clouds are likely to linger. Watch this space for more...

This is the ground with the highest 4th innings total to win a test match, as well as Lara's 375 and 400

good to see Symonds back..also waiting for Lara to come big on the Ausies..got a feeling we are in for a Lara special today..

SUNNY said:
good to see Symonds back..also waiting for Lara to come big on the Ausies..got a feeling we are in for a Lara special today..

Yes you do tend to have that feeling. The bigger the game the better he normally plays especially against the aussies.

7-0 off 2

A wayward over - infiltrated by a couple of gems.

keep them comming guys, stuck at work... The jammat i follow teaches me to refrain from using cricinfo...

Salman said:
keep them comming guys, stuck at work... The jammat i follow teaches me to refrain from using cricinfo...

I'm a very bad sinner

Hayden has faced 14 balls, not yet off the mark. 10-0 after 4

10-1
Gilly gone for 7.

Crap crowd again at this lovely stadium.

Its a joke. Sure the final will be a sell out, but what ios the point in bringing the tournament here if the average fan cant afford to go?

They're still watching it on tv!

I just move Gilly into my Fantasy team about 30 mins ago. :(

Oh my god. Ponting gets 4 leg byes first ball. So close to the diving keeper.
It was a good ball to get rid of Gilly.
1/14

Oxy said:
10-1
Gilly gone for 7.

Crap crowd again at this lovely stadium.

Its a joke. Sure the final will be a sell out, but what ios the point in bringing the tournament here if the average fan cant afford to go?

They're still watching it on tv!
I heard that the tickets are about $30. And the average wage is $47 a week!

Great fielding on the boundary there. Saved four. He has his army paint on his face.
Next ball is smothered on the way to the batsmen making 3.

Inswinging Yorker said:
hey man i paid 90 us for a ticket for the india/slanka match

bought 2...but darn it was worth it :D :19: :14:
I think the cheapest tickets are $30AUD.

Lovely shot down the ground straight into the stumps.
Stump cam view looks awesome of that shot.

Haydos at his best as his charges the ball and smacks him back over his head for four.

As I speak. There is a massive mix up and Punter just gets back.

What amazing fielding there! Punter creamed that. But the fielder did excellent to stop that.

Aus 1/56
10 overs

Ponting 24
Hayden 17

The powerplay hs been taken.

Punter full stretch and he drives that to the cover boundary for four.

There's something about Ian Bishop's commentating which just annoys me. Cant quite put my finger on it though...

Punter is certianly doing the business leading from the front. Top marks

Mo. said:
There's something about Ian Bishop's commentating which just annoys me. Cant quite put my finger on it though...

Its called the mute button

Nope. He is outta here! Great fielding by Sarwan. That brings Clarke to the crease.
2/76

It just might be Pontings World cup....no challengers

Fantastic fielding by Sarwan to dismiss Ponting!

76-2

My fantasy players are having a nightmare.

Can I pull my team out?

usman_ash14 said:
you think Windies can win this or not
Both teams can win. It's just a matter of the team with the most runs on the board.

This camerawork is shocking. As soon as the batsmen hit's the ball, they change camera angles. It looks retarded.
Hirer the Ch9 cameramen. They're awesome.

Haydos! Why are you backing up so far!
5 throws. 4 misses! Fricken hell! They would've been out 5 times if they hit each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back