West Indies vs India | 2nd Test | Kingston | 30th Jul - 3rd Aug | Day 1

Attack is the best approach for the windies .
Indian bowlers lose it when they are hit around .
How does chandrika make this team .

Sanjay finding ways to irritate Viv as well in the comm box..

Rather it is Richard's whining that is annoying. According to Cricinfo commentary Blackwood was out to Mishra but given not out. Then Blackwood is lbw to Ashwin and Hawkeye shows that it would hit the leg stump but Richards keep whining about Blackwood being given out.

I was a touch disappointed with Ashwin.

He didn't flight it like he did in Antigua.

Maybe its intentional but I wanted to see THAT flight.

I do think Richard's concerns were understandable. The ball was a 50-50 decision with so much spin. Glad it was kissing the leg stumps.

Thank God WI doesn't have great pacers and spinners on this pitch.

This is a very good pitch for bowling.

what a poor shot by Samuels. Windies can't hack Test Cricket.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Checked the scorecard and there is this Chase guy playing who has played only 30 FC matches, how is he there?And Samuels has hit a 6 and gets out next ball :facepalm:

Ishant looking like a beast nowadays. He softened up Samuels for Ashwin.

Why is Ishant leaking runs like it's a T20?

Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, hat-trick of short and wide deliveries. A poor poor over. Samuels sits back to cut it handsomely. On top of the bounce, and through point. This is majestic
Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, short and wide again. Again Samuels goes hard at it, and even though he has edged it, the ball flies past gully safely
Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, short, wide, sits up, Samuels adjusts for the slow pace and thrashes this in front of square. Up and over cover. No half measures

Why is Ishant leaking runs like it's a T20?

Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, hat-trick of short and wide deliveries. A poor poor over. Samuels sits back to cut it handsomely. On top of the bounce, and through point. This is majestic
Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, short and wide again. Again Samuels goes hard at it, and even though he has edged it, the ball flies past gully safely
Sharma to Samuels, FOUR, short, wide, sits up, Samuels adjusts for the slow pace and thrashes this in front of square. Up and over cover. No half measures

It's Ishant, you know!
Bowls a beauty and then complements it with a short and wide one :sami

He didn't pick up wickets intentionally in the first test to give confidence to Shami and Yadav.
this is the humility and generosity of the great man. He already has so many wickets he knows that they needed it more than him.

7th no ball of the innings for Ishant. Ishant ne Ajay Jadeja or Azharuddin ke sath dosti rakhi hein :Srini

7th no ball of the innings for Ishant. Ishant ne Ajay Jadeja or Azharuddin ke sath dosti rakhi hein :Srini

He's a good Hindu brother. He would never do that like those two. Jai Shri Ram :)

We should lose this match intentionally in order to make the series a bit more interesting. Otherwise it will turn into another one sided bore fest.

Indian bowling attack on fire. India will beat them within 3 days.

Yeah as if SL pitches don't turn. Let's also not ignore the difference in quality of the batting lineups. So it doesn't mean anything.

Which spinner has taken wickets on pitches with no turn - Herath? Swann? Only Warne/Murali had that ability to take the pitch out of the equation

Yeah as if SL pitches don't turn. Let's also not ignore the difference in quality of the batting lineups. So it doesn't mean anything.

Yep, Ashwin's performances are bad and not worth. Now can we continue watching the match? :)

Ashwin to Holder, no run, beautiful comeback from Ashwin. This is that swerving swinging delivery, Holder is playing for the offbreak, and has had his outside edge beaten. There is a big appeal from India, but Umpire Dar says the sound has come from the bat hitting the ground

Mohammed Shami to Bishoo, no run, how is that not out?. There is no DRS. We have to live with Umpire Gould's call. Short of a length, angling in, holds its line as Bishoo backs away while defending. Takes the edge off the shoulder of the bat. Not given by Gould

Mohammed Shami to Bishoo, no run, almost an action replay. They are wondering what they need to do to make Gould lift his finger. This is two almost identical edges in a row not given but we don't have DRS. Again short of a length, again Bishoo backing away and hanging his bat out. Again he edges it. Again Gould is the only non-West Indian who thinks this is not out

Windies getting all the luck here.

Ashwin will end up as the best off spinner ever (barring murli of course , he wasn't really a finger spinner).

It doesn't offset anything. He won the damn game.

Against an English team without Stokes and Anderson. :) Good effort by the lad but he had no business getting thrashed like that in the next game . Especially for s bowler who can get wickets on a flat pitch.

I think Ashwin is overrated and it has nothing to do with him being Indian or anything. Hes an amazing Test all rounder but I find his bowling slightly overrated in all formats.

Ishant sharma is one garbage bowler giving away 50+ runs in 10 ovrrs that also against "D" grade team

So the poor spinner gets another wicket. We're not complaining though :)

The insecurity of some people here. :23:

Kar le. Kar le.

After tomorrow no one will be in the mood to post in this thread.

Back