West Indies vs India | 2nd Test | Kingston | 30th Jul - 3rd Aug | Day 1

18th 5fer in 35 tests.

He has been a changed bowler in the recent times. Has been bowling with a lot of loop and drift these days, especially after the world cup in Aus.

18th 5fer in 35 tests.

He has been a changed bowler in the recent times. Has been bowling with a lot of loop and drift these days, especially after the world cup in Aus.
*34 Tests

Yes, he has really worked on his Test bowling after the Adelaide omission.

Lol . Yet you are the one who dragged Yasir into this discussion and claimed that I'm ovrhyping Ashwin. Such insecurity :yk

Ashwin takes a 5-36 on a green first day pitch and someone makes a positive comment about Ashwin and Yasir is brought into the discussion. Amazing.

18 5-fers in 33 matches 1 inning

Just WOW

He is turning into a gun bowler. He is using flight to beat batsmen which was missing earlier. Keeping it simple and classical off spin doing the damage.

I didn't drag anyone. You asked the question. Should I quote it again for you?

Now Ashwin takes a fifer I a day 1 pitch. Hardy a square turner . It's clear why I meant. No spinner barring Warne/Murali has taken wickets consistently on pitches that don't aid spin and then you brought up Yasir s Lords performance. Then what happened at Old Trafford? :yk

Btw I actually think Yasir is more talented than Ashwin but you should stop being so delicate brother :)

He is turning into a gun bowler. He is using flight to beat batsmen which was missing earlier. Keeping it simple and classical off spin doing the damage.

Yep, his approach to bowling has clearly changed. Like they say, spinners develop with age. Just like wine..

Mishra to Gabriel, no run, worng'un from outside off, hits him in front, but the height is an issue, which is why Gould hasn't given this. Oh ho. Hawkeye shows it hitting. That's the fourth wicket Gould has denied India

India would have taken 14+ wickets by the end of this innings.

These guys can be sent as openers in the 2nd innings. Can't do much worse than Chandrika and Bravo..

Now Ashwin takes a fifer I a day 1 pitch. Hardy a square turner . It's clear why I meant. No spinner barring Warne/Murali has taken wickets consistently on pitches that don't aid spin and then you brought up Yasir s Lords performance. Then what happened at Old Trafford? :yk

Btw I actually think Yasir is more talented than Ashwin but you should stop being so delicate brother :)

I see plenty of turn.

You were clearly glorifying him as some ATG bowler because he averages below 25. All I said was he hasn't proven himself on non-turners.

Yasir has only played two matches outside Asia and he's started with a bang. Let him complete the overseas tour.

What a crappy bowler this Ashwin guy is.
Getting hit by tailenders for a 6 and a 4 in same over. :haha

I see plenty of turn.

You were clearly glorifying him as some ATG bowler because he averages below 25. All I said was he hasn't proven himself on non-turners.

Yasir has only played two matches outside Asia and he's started with a bang. Let him complete the overseas tour.

Turn is also dependent on the spinner, not just the pitch. Just because it is turning doesn't mean it is a dustbowl.

And Yasir averages worse than Ashwin in England (and everywhere else they have both played - SL, Bang).

ashwin needs 12 wickets in 3 innings to become the fastest to 200 wickets

India struggling to get this last wicket. Could be the deciding factor in this game.

Ashwin bowling better than Yasir. Indian seamers outbowling Pak trundlers. Not a good time for some folks !

Turn is also dependent on the spinner, not just the pitch. Just because it is turning doesn't mean it is a dustbowl.

And Yasir averages worse than Ashwin in England (and everywhere else they have both played - SL, Bang).

Is that right?:rosco

Wow, Ashwin is amazing.

This match is reminiscent of the second test of India's tour of England in 2011. Indian bowlers were on top till Broad decided to attack them and they started looking clueless. Same happening here

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

At least 60 runs extra for WI due to umpiring errors and good luck.

This match is reminiscent of the second test of India's tour of England in 2011. Indian bowlers were on top till Broad decided to attack them and they started looking clueless. Same happening here

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Broad had Bell with him. Anyway this inning is already over.

WI got 50 more runs that they should have thanks to the generosity of Ian Gould.

Now it is on the batsmen to show that those 50 extra runs won't make a difference.

This could be tough with Vijay out so only 2 of our batsmen are any good on a tough pitch.

Lol. Bishop accusing Mishra for "appealing as a matter of routine". Poor guy was very unlucky with umpiring today.

Is that right?:rosco

Wow, Ashwin is amazing.

Yes, another example would be the WorldT20 2016. Ashwin/Jadeja were turning it miles. Pakistani spinners couldn't.

Similarly WC Adelaide 2015, the only match in both Ashwin and Yasir played. Ashwin was turning it a mile. Yasir couldn't do so.

Lol. Bishop accusing Mishra for "appealing as a matter of routine". Poor guy was very unlucky with umpiring today.
You misconstrued it bro, he wasn't accusing. On the contrary, he was saying that it was so obviously out that Mishra thought appealing was just a matter of routine. It'd be given out anyway. He was infact just repeating the comments that he made when the incident actually happened.

Last edited:
You misconstrued it bro, he wasn't accusing. On the contrary, he was saying that it was so obviously out that Mishra thought it appealing was just a matter of routine. He'd be given out anyway. He said the same thing when that incident happened.

My bad. Just switched on the TV to see the match.

WI got 50 more runs that they should have thanks to the generosity of Ian Gould.

Now it is on the batsmen to show that those 50 extra runs won't make a difference.

This could be tough with Vijay out so only 2 of our batsmen are any good on a tough pitch.

No pasa nada. India lo gana con ojos cerrados ;)

Dhawan started off with 187 average.. now he's at 42. Will be interesting to see where ends his career with :)))

Just a matter of when Dhawan is going to get out.. he doesn't have the technique for this surface..

The mediocre Indian bowlers held this poor West Indies team under 200. I hope this doesn't trigger some people here

Yep, Viv's praising Rahul.. According to him, Rahul seems very relaxed and balanced at the crease and that is what he looks when he looks at a batsman for the first time.

Yep, Viv's praising Rahul.. According to him, Rahul seems very relaxed and balanced at the crease and that is what he looks when he looks at a batsman for the first time.
"Even though I am a WI supporter, I appreciate class."
Coincidentally the same words used by Dale Steyn 3-4 years ago to describe him.

Last edited:
Just a matter of when Dhawan is going to get out.. he doesn't have the technique for this surface..

One thing he does well is rotate strike and then cash in on the lesser bowlers

Viv singing the Gavaskar Calypso song !!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0V2UUuKcIeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

K L Rahul is the 2nd best opener in India. Pity he has to play only when either of Vijay or Dhawan gets injured. He can easily walk into some of the other international sides!

I'm unable to tolerate Manjrekar's mediocrity alongside Viv.. torture!

Did not expect Dhawan to survive the pacers on this pitch but he exceeded expectations, finally falls to a spinner

If Pujara fails in this innings, then he might as well pack his bags and go home because you just know Rohit will come in and absolutely hammer these Windies bowlers into oblivion.

Chase has actually bowled well in this innings so far. Hitting all the right lengths and getting the bowl to turn square.

If Pujara fails in this innings, then he might as well pack his bags and go home because you just know Rohit will come in and absolutely hammer these Windies bowlers into oblivion.

There could also be a case where Rahul might be asked to bat one down once Vijay returns. That guy's solid!

Back