Zainab Abbas leaves India after furore over ‘Anti-Hindu’ statements on social media

emranabbas

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pakistani presenter Zainab Abbas leaves India over 'safety concerns'

According to a media report, Zainab Abbas was recently in India to cover the ICC World Cup. However, her stay took an unexpected turn when an Indian lawyer filed a complaint against her with accusations of making derogatory remarks on social media platforms against India and the Hindu religion.

Sources close to her assert that she has been falsely accused and that her past social media activity was taken out of context.

They argue that Zainab's tweets from years ago were unrelated to her work as a presenter and should not have led to her deportation from India.

Currently, Zainab Abbas is in Dubai.

It is pertinent to mention here that Indian lawyer Vineet Jindal officially lodged a complaint against Zainab Abbas, regarding a series of old tweets that have resurfaced on X, formerly known as Twitter.

These tweets are alleged to contain content considered "anti-Hindu" in nature.

Vineet Jindal claimed that these anti-Hindu tweets were originally posted approximately nine years ago under the username "Zainablovesrk," which has since been changed to "ZAbbas Official," the currently active X account of Zainab Abbas.

SAMAA​

Last edited by a moderator:
People will be embarrassed if those tweets were posted here.

She made mistakes as a kid and should apologize unconditionally for that to hindus

What are those anti-Hindu statements?

Sorry Zainab, that kind of disgusting stuff is not considered freedom of speech in our part of the world. Do that in Canada or some other backward nation. Please leave us alone.

I had so much respect for this lady but not anymore
To be honest, she was a kid then. Let’s not be too judgemental . We all did it under anonymity at some point.

Her mistake was she did it on Twitter and it remains in record.

I feel sorry for her actually in a way.

She should just say sorry and move on.

TBH that Trendulkar guy in 2014 was big troll too and used to make Pakistani's very angry on twitter. So any response to him must have been in the heat of the moment thing.
She is a professional and was not a child. Those comments are bigoted.

Is it her official account though?

If true, she deserves it.

It just seems so out of character for her to make any comments like that though. I suspect that it could be a possible fan account?

Honestly, Im shocked and disappointed.

What was her age then and was she famous.

This happens, although this is just stupidity knowing that being on Twitter by the real name will catch up with you in this world.

Next: Fir registered against against Mohammad Rizwan for offering namaz on field during match - deport

hahaha man these kind insecure to the Indians can stoop to any level. With this mindset these sanghis are not gonna get any where

Not confirmed but don't think court can give verdict without any proof.
I think she has voluntarily left India. Good decision as she could be hurt.

I hope it’s not true though because I thought she was an open-minded person. And these posts are not made when she was a child, this was only 10 years ago so she would have been in mid 20s.

I think she has voluntarily left India. Good decision as she could be hurt.

I hope it’s not true though because I thought she was an open-minded person. And these posts are not made when she was a child, this was only 10 years ago so she would have been in mid 20s.
No one will hurt her .just they don't want her to work in World Cup in India after what she did to their sentiments

Deportation is a bit far but she should have been suspended from her role if those tweets are true.

Racism and bigotry of any form must not be tolerated. I don't think the Tendulkar one is particularly bad but the cow urine one is horrible.

Just because its not part of our culture doesn't mean that we should make fun of hindus drinking or using cow urine. It's sacred to them and we should respect their beliefs. A presenter mocking the beliefs of 1 billion people makes working in that country untenable.

Why can’t they just stop tweeting. When you mock other’s religion it will have some consequences. Really poor stuff from her. But deporting her seems very strict.
It’s better than leaving her there and putting her life at risk

Why is Waqar Younis still there? He has made questionable remarks “offering Namaz in front of Hindus”, surely the same applies to him?
There was already Rumours of file the petition against him but don't know what happened after that .

Why is Rizwan the only one doing Namaz in a match though? There are plenty of Muslim cricketers participating in this World Cup
Wait till Saturday when he prays infront of 130k non believers !!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the sanghid don't understand is that if you get so insecure and start banning people by scrutinising every single comment then you guys yourself will be stuck to your own beds. Not defending the comments as they were disgusting to say the least

Who is to say that the Muslim cricketers in the World Cup are not loyal to their religion? Are they being disloyal by not praying openly during a game like Rizwan is?

Everyone has their own faith. Muslims must pray 5 times and pray during the time of a prayer. if Rizwan is batting and there is namaz time what is wrong in praying during drinks break.?

Wait till Saturday when he prays infront of 130k non believers !! Doubt hel come out of the stadium alive
So he knows exactly what he is doing? Choosing when and where to display his spirituality, and this is not instinctively ingrained within him to pray wherever he is?

Everyone has their own faith. Muslims must pray 5 times and pray during the time of a prayer. if Rizwan is batting and there is namaz time what is wrong in praying during drinks break.?
So if it’s not wrong, why bring this up in this thread and say that Indian Gov will also deport him? It’s your guy who brought this up

Why is Waqar Younis still there? He has made questionable remarks “offering Namaz in front of Hindus”, surely the same applies to him?
You will have to prove that he is mocking hindus here. Difficult to do with such an ambiguous statement.

So he knows exactly what he is doing? Choosing when and where to display his spirituality, and this is not instinctively ingrained within him to pray wherever he is?

You’re throwing curved balls at him.

I have seen Muslims all over the world. They all have their own way of showing devotion. Not all pray 5 times but many of them do ye their best.
To each their own but yes some people are by nature exhibitionists.

You will have to prove that he is mocking hindus here. Difficult to do with such an ambiguous statement.
You don’t have to prove anything to the Indian government. They will simply act and deport him, no one will be able to do anything about it.

His comment was clearly intended to make the Muslim man look superior to the Hindu public

[
Next: Fir registered against against Mohammad Rizwan for offering namaz on field during match - deport

if u are referring to above. poster is referring that india will make a case out of anything.
So if it’s not wrong, why bring this up in this thread and say that Indian Gov will also deport him? It’s your guy who brought this up

To be honest, she was a kid then. Let’s not be too judgemental . We all did it under anonymity at some point.

Her mistake was she did it on Twitter and it remains in record.

I feel sorry for her actually in a way.

She should just say sorry and move on.
Yes if she can apologise then we can move on as she was not mature at that time .

She ought to offer an apology and move forward. As a Muslim, none of our teachings advocate using derogatory remarks about any other religion; it is strictly prohibited. Nevertheless, this does not imply that she is the sole individual who has engaged in such behavior. I can cite several instances involving Indian journalists, politicians, and military personnel who have insulted our religion and made derogatory remarks about our beloved Prophet PBUH on national TV. However, as previously mentioned, this should never serve as an excuse for us to denigrate their religion.

I think you have to draw a line somewhere otherwise anything and everything will be criminal.

What Waqar did was just a matter of being in bad taste.

What Zainab did here, that’s like the top of the top offense in any religion, using derogatory language for a dirty. That’s just too low a thing to do. Definitely criminal in nature.

She ought to offer an apology and move forward. As a Muslim, none of our teachings advocate using derogatory remarks about any other religion; it is strictly prohibited. Nevertheless, this does not imply that she is the sole individual who has engaged in such behavior. I can cite several instances involving Indian journalists, politicians, and military personnel who have insulted our religion and made derogatory remarks about our beloved Prophet PBUH on national TV. However, as previously mentioned, this should never serve as an excuse for us to denigrate their religion.

If any Bharatiya used this language for Islamic prophets, the Muslim world would be well within their rights to deny them entry or work permit in their country.

This is absolutely fair enough.

You’re throwing curved balls at him.

I have seen Muslims all over the world. They all have their own way of showing devotion. Not all pray 5 times but many of them do ye their best.
To each their own but yes some people are by nature exhibitionists.

Exactly not everyone prays 5 times but some people are devoted and they anyhow pray. M rizwan is one of them and also we shouldn’t judge someone that they are praying or praying just to show off we dont know their intentions.

Exactly not everyone prays 5 times but some people are devoted and they anyhow pray. M rizwan is one of them and also we shouldn’t judge someone that they are praying or praying just to show off we dont know their intentions.

I agree with you.
On the other hand if other 11 Muslims on the field do not indulge in religious exhibitionism, let’s not draw conclusions that they’re now religious or devoted Muslims.
people have their own ways

In Pakistan cricket, we have seen certain cricketers use the religion card to gain prominence. Maybe Rana bhai is coming from that angle and is thus cautious of such approach.

I agree with you.
On the other hand if other 11 Muslims on the field do not indulge in religious exhibitionism, let’s not draw conclusions that they’re now religious or devoted Muslims.
people have their own ways

In Pakistan cricket, we have seen certain cricketers use the religion card to gain prominence. Maybe Rana bhai is coming from that angle and is thus cautious of such approach.
He will tell you that I simply hate Rizwan, therefore my honest views about him hold no value

Who is to say that the Muslim cricketers in the World Cup are not loyal to their religion? Are they being disloyal by not praying openly during a game like Rizwan is?

It's a matter of personal choice. The decision not to pray on the field doesn't imply a lack of loyalty. Just as one has the liberty to consume energy drinks, relax, lie down for rest, or sit on a chair during breaks, similarly, if someone opts to pray during the break time, there's nothing wrong in it. It is a personal choice, and we should refrain from being judgmental in such instances.

Shall we all start banning the hindutva extremists who spew venom and advocate killing of Palestinians and other muslims around the world? I guess our hindutva forum members would also agree with such treatment then

Please do if they go to Pakistan.

You don’t have to prove anything to the Indian government. They will simply act and deport him, no one will be able to do anything about it.

His comment was clearly intended to make the Muslim man look superior to the Hindu public
Some Pakistanis make such remarks which have subtle racist undertones.

I can remember Razzaq and Tanvir.

Ahmed Shehzad and his hellfire comments.

Rameez Raja was very careful to limit his criticism to Modi government and not drag religion.

It seems they don't understand that this is wrong. Something like how one pakistani cricketer made racist remarks against a SA cricketer.

This is lack of education, courtesy and awareness.

Please do if they go to Pakistan.

Some Pakistanis make such remarks which have subtle racist undertones.

I can remember Razzaq and Tanvir.

Ahmed Shehzad and his hellfire comments.

Rameez Raja was very careful to limit his criticism to Modi government and not drag religion.

It seems they don't understand that this is wrong. Something like how one pakistani cricketer made racist remarks against a SA cricketer.

This is lack of education, courtesy and awareness.

Tbh, not everyone can understand everything about other religion. What's sensitive and what's not.

We dont’t have credible evidence whether it was her or her account yet people are quick to make comments. I know people have a tendency to follow the majority patterns/what is trending or norm approach but in such delicate situations which can destroy a person completely, one has to be rational and logical.

Assuming she has done what is being reported, she could apologise but what she has said in the past, does not define who she is today. There is a thing called growth.

she shouldn't have been deported. Only deeply insecure nations behave this way.

We dont’t have credible evidence whether it was her or her account yet people are quick to make comments. I know people have a tendency to follow the majority patterns/what is trending or norm approach but in such delicate situations which can destroy a person completely, one has to be rational and logical.

Assuming she has done what is being reported, she could apologise but what she has said in the past, does not define who she is today. There is a thing called growth.
First News Breakout from your "Samma Tv"

First News Breakout from your "Samma Tv"
I don’t see Pakistani/Indian channels as reliable especially when they dig out screenshots without verification if those screenshots are indeed from her.

Give it 24 hours, I’m sure a lot will be clarified. I make judgements when investigation, conclusions are done; not when the news first pops up. As I said, logical approach.

Zainab like most of the Pakistani celebrities and upper class people, is based in Dubai.
I am confident that this news is false and she went to Dubai for some personal reasons.

As a big fan/supporter of her work and cricketing knowledge, I will be heart broken if this turns out to be true.
I pray to Guru Nanak Ji that this is false news.

Zainab like most of the Pakistani celebrities and upper class people, is based in Dubai.
I am confident that this news is false and she went to Dubai for some personal reasons.

As a big fan/supporter of her work and cricketing knowledge, I will be heart broken if this turns out to be true.
I pray to Guru Nanak Ji that this is false news.
Most Pakistani celebs don’t live in Dubai lol

While the tweets were not in good taste I don't think they deported her. Most probably she felt unsafe after the tweets went viral and chose to leave by herself. I don't think, anyone would really try to harm her as it is a non issue except some people online.

Zainab Abbas, a Pakistani sports presenter and commentator, left India for personal reason, not deported, ICC.

Source: Arab News

There is just one God. You can call it by whatever name.

I have read that even in Hindu religion they believe in just the one formless supreme god.

All the rest are said to be demi-gods.
But main belief is that God is one and formless.

If you don’t know the intent then just leave it be. As I’m assuming that you’re implying he’s reading salah/namaz for the cameras. Some People who pray always like to offer the prayer right on start time (which is recommended I believe for Asar and Maghrib) or for Rizwan this would be the earliest opportunity, So good on him.

It's really bad from Zainab; over the last few years, she has completely transformed her image from a very intelligent and funny person to someone with a very cringeworthy. Although she studied in the UK, of course, her basic education is from Pakistan, so it is quite understandable.

Zainab wasn't wrong tho, Indians shouldn't be upset with facts

Zainab wasn't wrong tho, Indians shouldn't be upset with facts
Have you visited India? Do you have anything to prove your "facts"? Even if we consider it a fact for a moment then why does she bother visiting a smelly place. Isn't it better that she has now left to her country which is heaven on earth. Even Nupur Sharma made some factual comments. Would you accept that too?

What she said was wrong and she needs to apologies for it.

The good thing about social media is that while you can say anything you want, you cant hide it.

What she said was wrong.

Have you visited India? Do you have anything to prove your "facts"? Even if we consider it a fact for a moment then why does she bother visiting a smelly place. Isn't it better that she has now left to her country which is heaven on earth. Even Nupur Sharma made some factual comments. Would you accept that too?
I have visited india and even the posh areas smells bad. the toilet issue is real..

If she came up with these tweets, I'm quite shocked that someone of her education and background would post such hateful things.

this is the site that first posted news could be fake the name says it all

Its not fake. Its good investigative journalism

The mother of zainab account was seen tweeting zainabs old usrname so its zainab and not a fake one

What she said was wrong and she needs to apologies for it.

The good thing about social media is that while you can say anything you want, you cant hide it.

What she said was wrong.

what she said was 9 years ago at the time she had nothing to do with world cup or ICC so this has not been done while she was at her work place or employed by a company

secondly she wouldn't come out with this stuff out of nowhere, seems like she is replying to something if you look at the posts you can see people tagged.

someone could have said something about her religion first and she is responding

it be only fair to punish both parties

If she came up with these tweets, I'm quite shocked that someone of her education and background would post such hateful things.
Those tweets were 8-10 year old so maybe she was not mature at that time .so a apology is enough from her to settle this matter

Back