3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
LightSpeedGT said:
I can hear commentators saying there are no more black clouds..

If we get another six of the last ball, will there be more black clouds? :D

CricketBuff said:
bowlers run-up and fielding conditions will be too dangerous, may result in injuries !!

Good point. If this is the case, the Pakistani management should not be willing to play if there's a risk for their players. This should be communicated to the match referees. Clearly, the fieldiing side has more at stake in difficult conditions.

Still no news on the rain stopping or the covers getting off - on cricinfo / cricbuzz

"mzk123: i think ss should stop playing cricket and sell coconut oil like all m******s do"

Crazy! On Cricbuzz chat....!

LightSpeedGT said:
rain has already stopped dude.

hard roller being used.

And do they say anything about the target being revised, when it might start, will Pak bat the last ball, etc etc?

if the outfield is wet they wont be able to get boundaries..

they will have to try to go over the top !

Umpires having concerns about the outfield. Patches of the outfield too wet.

Pak mostly concerned about injuries probably. Obviously.

So Azhar got a run a ball, yet has been criticised for his slow play?? Weird"!

just imagine this match goes down to 20 overs then how match will safies have to chase??????

I just heard a commentator say that if play starts at 9pm, then target will be 193 off 33 overs.

Oxy said:

After Afridi's innings the other day i dont think a strike rate of 100 is good enough for some of the PPers.

20.41 local time No rain but it's still pretty wet out there. The officials are in a huddle. Rudi runs his right hand on the grass. Wet. Shake of head. Bit of wind is blowing. More wait in store for us.

Update Rain has stopped but the outfield is not dry yet. Inzamam is out there with the umpires. So is Bob Woolmer. Both don't look too happy with the outfield. Can't risk a injury with World Cup just around the bend.

Cricinfo Update.

i think we might lose this if it goes down to 193 from 33 overs!

Oxy said:

Another case of stats being misleading. His entire stay at the wicket, except for may the cut four four and the other four to midwicket, was very un-inspiring.

Rana said:
i think we might lose this if it goes down to 193 from 33 overs!

Why so? The required run rate for SA would be higher than what it would've been had they been chasing 245 from 50.

ahmadrulz said:
Why so? The required run rate for SA would be higher than what it would've been had they been chasing 245 from 50.

but they are capable of chasing that kinda score in 20 overs with maybe only the loss of 1 or 2 wickets!

There will be a pitch inspection after 9.00 pm local time. Current local time is 20:51.

Crininfo

Azam6380 said:
Cullinan smashing Azhar and Razzaq....Great fielding from Shoaib too...

We need to get Cullinan soon. I predict a catch at cover off the bowling of Mahmood :D .

the_game said:
We need to get Cullinan soon. I predict a catch at cover off the bowling of Mahmood :D .
we lost that match by 3 wickets

zulu won the match for them saala

i advise pak supporters dont watch the end of the pak-sa world cup match

Rana said:
but they are capable of chasing that kinda score in 20 overs with maybe only the loss of 1 or 2 wickets!

They'd chase 196 in 20 overs for the loss of 1-2 wickets?! Thats a brave, brave statement to make won't you say?

Pankaj jain is angry. "If play can not be permitted for wet conditions in the outfield, then why the hell they cover only the square. With so much money involved in cricket can't they cover the entire playing area?"

Cricinfo!!

our main bowlers after asif are afridi and malik, and the wet ball will not suit the spinners

48.6 Saqlain Mushtaq to Klusener, two runs, swinging down the wicket,
top edge, Saeed is under it at mid off, what an important catch
this will be, could Pakistan get back into it? DROPPED!

and they won the match with that drop

ahmadrulz said:
Pankaj jain is angry. "If play can not be permitted for wet conditions in the outfield, then why the hell they cover only the square. With so much money involved in cricket can't they cover the entire playing area?"

Cricinfo!!
:19:

the_game said:
Brilliant fielding from Wasim. What a captain!
I still remember that. Ran and dove, dragging the ball back at the boundary. If that wont inspire you, I dont know what will

Daoud said:
I still remember that. Ran and dove, dragging the ball back at the boundary. If that wont inspire you, I dont know what will

Imagine Inzi doing that :D !

wasim should be a role model for current lazy idiots in the team

wasim had diabetes and still fields like that

even razzaq in those times could move about

I am all confused, if the play is resumed and they use some whacky calculation and allow Sa to chase something like 125 in 20 overs. I think this is not fair, this will be a piece of cake for them, I am not sure, would appreciate someone to explain what is the procedure here.

Play starting in ten minutes. Reduced to 29 overs. A big rainstorm is moving in though.

the_game said:
Pakistan really should have won this after SA were 58 for 5.
This was during the midst of them really having a whip around us. 16-0 :6:

the_game said:
Pakistan really should have won this after SA were 58 for 5.

Yeah, cant beleive we lost...I keep checking the scorecard on cricinfo expecting it to change...! :)))

play starts in 10 minutes, pak shd bowl the overs as slow as possible as more rain on the way in one hour.

lets hope the run rate is very nearly 6

then if we can get early wickets and rain coems down again but after 20 overs
we should win this match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back