3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we can get 250 then it would be brilliant
then asif can do his magic and rana could rediscover his touch

commy said good thing they are staying on
then no ball for SIX
commy is saying in the context of match not so sure if that was good idea for SA..

what a bunch of CROCK HEADS

anyone notice Malik has scores of 50+ and 41 .. and people said he was a FTB ..

What's the rain forecast for the rest of the evening? If it continues, it would not help Pakistani bowling and fielding.

Cloudy and overcast conditions are fine. But a constantly wet ball cannot help the bowlers.

Am I right?

if rain abandons this match then we better win the next match

we cannot lose this series

This little patch of play was quite brilliant for us- last noball 6 was the best we could have hoped for.
We may get a reduced match now.

extremely annoying...i for one want to see a game of cricket...and wet ball or no wet ball...paks are in a decent position in this game!

Good stuff. We have reached 250 from a position of 72 for 4. This games going down to the wire.

Its a competetive score. I just hope that the rain does not affect the bowling, because of the ball being too wet. But maybe it will move enough for the bowlers making it difficult for SA batsmen.

man this rain is annoying. should build roofs so that DN matches can go ahead regardless of weather, as they have done in Australia.

pacman said:
Its a competetive score. I just hope that the rain does not affect the bowling, because of the ball being too wet. But maybe it will move enough for the bowlers making it difficult for SA batsmen.
Ofcource the wet ball is going to affect the bowlers, especially the spinners.

whatever happens im just pleased pakistan did not bottle it and get out cheaply for 140. they are fighting and that is what is most pleasing. the batting seems to be getting into some kind of form before world cup. just need our main bowlers back and the present ones to hit form and we will have a fighting chance in world cup.

i remeber one of the saffies commentator critsing pakistan's fielding in the 5th over, 45 overs before pakistan will take the field. :))

Does anybody know what D/L says. What kind of score will SA need after 20 overs?

If they come back on it will be advantage SA. Pak will do well to get away with an abandonment.

It's pouring at the moment. Sucks. Kepler Wessels, former South African captain and the local boy, on air, was of the opinion that we shall get play at some point. He reckons it will be on and off but we should get in at least 20 overs of SA batting which will make this count as a game. We shall just have to wait and watch how it pans out.

BY (Cricinfo)

pak4life said:
i switch channels when he speaks his soo annoying

well after listening to the likes of cullian,donald, and the guy with the real annoying voice, Its a refreshing view from Akram.

looks like this game will come down to 20 overs. which really sucks from Pak point of view.

does D/L calculate a score, or they have to chase PK score in 20 overs? which was like 74..

DotCom said:
does D/L calculate a score, or they have to chase PK score in 20 overs? which was like 74..

It calculates a fair score so no they will not have to chase 74. However, even a total of about 110 will be easily chased if it comes down to a 20 overs game.

raining cats and dogs

always wanted to say that : )

match unlikely anymore...

They showed a shot of the ground- it was POURING. Likely abandoned game this- it would be a miracle if the ground can be playable now.

Ok ... if we are anticipating a shortened game, let's offer some conjectures on how much SA would need after 20 overs.

Baseline: Pakistan 249/8 in 50 overs. SA 250 to win.

If they haven't lost a wicket, even if they reach 80 runs in 20 overs, at 4 rpo, they would be at an advantage, and D/L rules will likely give them the game. They would need another 170 in 30 overs, at 5.66 rpo, with all wickets intact.

BUT ... if they have lost two wickets in the first 20 overs, they would need more runs on the board, to have the same advantage. Maybe 90-95/2, they might have an edge.

Clearly, early wickets would help Pakistan. If Asif can find his rhythm right away, and Rana does not release the cause a disaster at the other end, we can do this. Or, maybe, give Razzak the new ball. Maybe introduce Afridi very early, to take a stab at the early batsmen.

If there are constant interruptions, that ought to affect the batsmen; it might cost a few runs until they re-gain their bearings.

Bottom-line: We need to think outside-the-box, in unconventional ways. Can Inzi do it?

19.37 local time It's pouring at the moment. Sucks. Kepler Wessels, former South African captain and the local boy, on air, was of the opinion that we shall get play at some point. He reckons it will be on and off but we should get in at least 20 overs of SA batting which will make this count as a game. We shall just have to wait and watch how it pans out.

haha at cricinfo

either way i don't mind if match gets cancelled or continued.

if cancelled asif gets more rest and less likey to get injured. batsman have had a decent batting practise especially the three all rounders, malik,razzaq and mahmood. razzaq looks more hungrier to succeed which is a positive sign.

if it continues, we will see an interesting contest with the match evenly poised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back