3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIG said:
I am just irritated by both Razzaq and Azhar drawing away from Hall and playing shots so far away from their bodies...even YK did that.

YK does that on a regular basis. Remember the 3rd test.

any d/l experts?? whats the likely total SA will be chasing and off how many overs?

the bowlers have 3 matches (maybe just 2 this and next) to say hey select me for the squad. so they will bowl better. but if D/L makes it 150 off 30-35 overs then hard to do much unless we get 2-3 wickets in first 3-5 overs but still the bowlers have to perform

MIG said:
Rana - lost cause or unlikely hero today ?

Or will the game descend into one of those DL type farces ( 15 runs to get in 2 balls type thingy !)
rana might bowl well and there is a good reason; his hand will be wet today so the ball might slip out and get us some wickets

:))) :))) :)))

what is the forecast? is it just showers or alot more rain for next few hours

Hmm...this rain is persisting. Match abandoned wouldn't be so bad eh? Is it a flat track? Though after rain, Asif and Azhar could have some fun.

we may not be far from the average score but what is the average winning score on this ground?

D/L method - easy as Rooh Afza...

Example 1: Premature curtailment of Team 2's innings
Team 1 have scored 250 runs from their 50 available overs and Team 2 lose 5 wickets in scoring 199 runs in 40 overs. Play is then stopped by the weather, the rain refuses to relent and the match is abandoned. A decision on the winner is required.

Team 1's innings: this was uninterrupted, so the resource percentage available is 100%.

Team 2's innings: resource % available at start of innings = 100%
After 40 overs Team 2 have 10 overs left and have lost 5 wickets.
From table, resource % left at suspension of play = 27.5%
As play is abandoned all this remaining resource is lost.
Hence resource % available for Team 2's innings = 100 - 27.5 = 72.5%

Team 2 had less resource available than Team 1 so their target must be scaled down by the ratio of resources, 72.5/100
Team 1 scored 250, so Team 2's 'target' is 250 x 72.5/100 = 181.25
As there is to be no further play, the winner is decided according to whether or not this target has been exceeded. With 199 runs on the board, they have exceeded their required target by 17.75 and so are declared the winners by 18 runs.

Note : The above result is quite fair as Team 2 were clearly in a strong position when play was stopped and would very likely have gone on to win the match if it hadn't rained. Most other methods of target revision in use would, unfairly, make Team 1 the winners. The average run rate method gives 201 to win, the Current ICC method gives 227 and the parabola method gives 226. [Setting the target by the method of Discounted Total Runs - the Australian rain-rule - requires knowledge of the runs made by Team 1 from their most productive overs but the target would almost certainly be no lower than that required under average run rate and would probably be much higher so that Team 2 would very probably lose by this method as well.]

So by my calculations and taking into account the respective weights of Azhar Mahmood and Inzi, dividing by the times Rana will get a chance to prove himself, subracting the root of all the times our openers have failed...

Its clear that SA will need to score 34567 runs in 20 overs.... Jackman will then commit suicide...

PepsiCola said:
Hmm...this rain is persisting. Match abandoned wouldn't be so bad eh? Is it a flat track? Though after rain, Asif and Azhar could have some fun.
Batsman got some practice - bowlers get a rest!

MIG said:
I am just irritated by both Razzaq and Azhar drawing away from Hall and playing shots so far away from their bodies...even YK did that.

Kisi ka career toh bana hi tha

Time to click on the NAseem Vicky thread in TP and view those clips:)

MIG said:

So by my calculations and taking into account the respective weights of Azhar Mahmood and Inzi, dividing by the times Rana will get a chance to prove himself, subracting the root of all the times our openers have failed...

Its clear that SA will need to score 34567 runs in 20 overs.... Jackman will then commit suicide...

a-one calculation miggy bahi so if Sa makes 2000 runs they avoid follow on

MIG said:

:))) :))) :)))

Oxy said:
Batsman got some practice - bowlers get a rest!

when saleem elahi started his international career in pak we couldnt see his face those were the days when PTV coverage was on which they use the same camera for Unakahi shootting then took them telecast matches.
it was only when he came to Austraila we could see his face ..

MIG said:

Thank you very much for your thoughtful workings through the D/L method and as always it seems you know exactly what your talking about! :D

Last edited:
Usman said:
Thankyou very much for your thoughtful workings through the D/L method and as always it seems you know extactly what your talking about! :D

Buss kiya batain Bhai - ALLAH kuch hee logon ko yah zahniyat deta hai...ab hum kiya karain ?

any update on the weather ... what happened to Khalil btw ... haven't heard from him in a while ... wasn't he attending these matches?

Shahid A said:
any news?
A reliable source has just told me there is trouble in the dressing room. Azhar has resportedly told Inzi that he needs to lose weight. :D

LightSpeedGT said:
A reliable source has just told me there is trouble in the dressing room. Azhar has resportedly told Inzi that he needs to lose weight. :D
lol serves inzi rite for says that to azhar; he need to look at himself forst before others lol

:)))

shahid afr3d said:
wasim was a match fixer...

And you will get banned for saying something like that again - pls think before making any allegations on PP.

Noddy said:
welcome back imran nazir...
??? Why can't it be welcome back Akmal, Rana and Afridi? Give him a break its only his second game and beside who else has scored runs apart from Yousaf and Shoaib Malik.

Last edited:
Noddy said:
welcome back imran nazir...
??? Why can't it be welcome back Akmal, Rana or Afridi? Give him a break its only his second game and beside who else has scored runs apart from Yousaf and Shoaib Malik.

shahid afr3d said:
lol serves inzi rite for says that to azhar; he need to look at himself forst before others lol

:)))

They will lose weight together in the BIG LOSER program and we will see who is the bigger loser.

Good news for all. The rain has stopped and the covers are off. Play will resume very soon

ALLAH karay Kay Umpire Uncle SA ko Bohat hee barra target atta farmyain...

AOA, Does anyone know, the pitch conditions? I mean, I like to know, why our players gotten out so easily? was that a very fast, bouncy, seaming wicket or lot of grass? what was the reason? or was it like they threw their wickets? played badly?

lol uncle SA tells Smith he has to chase 250 in 40 overs. Smith "But Pak never even got close to 250!?"

Cricinfo:
Good news Rain has stopped. The covers were peeled away. The rope is being used to mow down the outfield.
Raining again. Oopsy it has started to drizzle again. Sucks.

Brian Jerling, 3rd Upm says that overs WILL be completed - so 50 over game !

covers off... but rain again...

why isnt the UCBSA being blamed here for organizing matches during rainy weather ?

surely PCB would be blamed for the rain if this was in PK..

and Rameez Baja would agree...

immubhai said:
AOA, Does anyone know, the pitch conditions? I mean, I like to know, why our players gotten out so easily? was that a very fast, bouncy, seaming wicket or lot of grass? what was the reason? or was it like they threw their wickets? played badly?
nothing in the pitch, akhi. all stupid shots. :12: :12: :12:

If the match does not restart in 30 mins, then the overs be be reduced.

Match will resume in 7 mins time confirmed by the umps and it remains a 50 over match.

pak4life said:
overcast wet conditions should help pak bowlers.

Swimming will be easier ?

On a serious note, gripping the ball will be difficult - its like when we have a lot of dew..lets hope the atmospheric conditions can be used by Pak bowlers.

For the moment, Mahmood just needs to hit some big shots...

<< Rashid >> said:
Notice how play seems to resume a lot more quicker when SA are on top.
When Pak are on top even the light bulbs mysteriously fuse!
But im's confused, do we as Pak fans want the match to resume or are we better off with a washout?

full toss yaar.. and lucky single b/c of overthrow... that should be a boundary yaar.. come on AZHAR

Ajju has totally forgotten how to bat. can't play a single big shot. playing as if is a freakin test match.

they might have a go in the last over only 2 wkts left don't want to get out before 50 overs, maybe that is why not hitting yet

Mahmood doesn't take advantage over a full toss!!!!!!!!!!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

azhar ... comon

Rana ... throw it out of hte park ... cooooooooomon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back