3rd Test: 2nd Days play scoreboard and discussion thread [24/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First boundary off Ganguly. Younis moves to 159.

57 run partnership between these two now

388/3

MYK- 155
YY-30

Kumble trying to run out YK off his run up. Down the track YOYO and smashes jumbo for another 4 !!

Bob Woolmer said they were looking for a way to contain Kumble. This is probably it. Go after him and not let him settle down into a rhythm.

Raz said:
Bob Woolmer said they were looking for a way to contain Kumble. This is probably it. Go after him and not let him settle down into a rhythm.

totally agree- if u try to get defensive on kumble he will get to you- thats why kumble is not a good ODI bowler- agressive batsmen will alwats get him.

Hey- no one congratulated Kumble on his fine century [smilie=41.gif] [smilie=41.gif]

ali kc- oops, sorry thought you asked til close

probably 12 after this

Pakistan should play till about the 70-75th over today.

Let India play 15-20 overs.

Projected target 620

kashif77 said:
Raz said:

totally agree- if u try to get defensive on kumble he will get to you- thats why kumble is not a good ODI bowler- agressive batsmen will alwats get him.

Yeah he wilts when he goes for runs. In the last match we were too defensive against him and he really tied us up. Not so, so far in this match.

to be honest I think we should try to bat all day today

Hash-
I kinda agree ...if we still got wickets till like 600-625 we should go crazy and score as much as we can today. We do not want to bat on this pitch on the 4th-5th day

exactly ali

we should look to only have to bat once

Hash said:
to be honest I think we should try to bat all day today

yeah no declaration till Day 3- if we last that long ...

Indian Cheerleaders cheering to distract pakistan batsmen :)

Even though they were nuthing distracting about them !

ideally we should bat for about half of the first session tomorrow as well

over two days in the hot field for indian batsman.....they will be tired.

Early days though. Got to keep wickets in hand for that.

is bhajji getting alot of turn?in difference in pitch from yesterday for the spinners?

It wont be easy to get inidan team out twice without having a break in between, in these hot and humid conditions. I wouldn't agree with only looking to bat once.

partnership now worth 83! (4.41 rpo)

414/3

MYK- 174 not out
YY- 37 not out

no pressure on asim kamal......he can play his natural game.

These two are going to be still together at close.

No i think it turned in slightly, his normal delivery. Yoyo played against the spin and played a bit too late.

asim kamal slipping ....good job .. mess that pitch up!!

I dun care we have to win this test :p

YK needs to hang in there and take us to 600 !!

Yeah we need 600. Anything after that will be a bonus for us.

maidem from jumbo, outside the leg stump. Man i was enjoying Yoyo's onslaught on him

arghh batsmen not looking confident right now- they need to stay on the attack.

solid session for pakistan. its a pity they lost 2 wkts thou. pakistan need to bat another session and a half here... then declare. pakistan need time here to bowl india out twice on a very good track. batting to lng maybe a mistake...!

YK has to play agressor here and keep run rate maintained also.

lunch 417/4 looks very good thou

well dude, go to brain.net.pk and then click on
Brain TV (towards the right side of the page).
that would ask you to download a file called "listen.pls". now use a winamp player to play that file.
to dnld winamp, use the link right below Brain TV

gracie

They not showing it on Sony "due to technical problems at the ground"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badxhah said:
Raz said:
tahaiqureshi said:
dude..atleast its there!!!!!!

True. I didnt need it anyway as i have a stream already.

Raz is ur stream working ok ur is a blue screen

Its working but my stream is from sportingstreams. I.e its the from the Sony channel.

i dont no yet. Its 2 quid per month or 15 quid for the whole year. I might pay 15 for the whole year. Its well worth it. And u can watch other sports apart from cricket as well. Its like Sky Sports but on the Internet!

pakistan need to get a move on in this session. any go slow tactics will make sure theres less time for pak to try to get 20 wkts!

ya amjid but right now they have to make sure they dont loose quick wkts. just play out some overs and when they are settled get into the groove sp YK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back