Australia v England | 3rd Ashes Test | Perth | Day 1 | 13/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azlan Khan

T20I Debutant
Runs
We are about 1 hour away from the 1st day's play of the 3rd Ashes Test at Perth.

England are 2-0 down, can they comeback from here?

Both Captains will be playing their 100th Test Match. Let's see who get's the better of each other.

Australia keep winning the toss and batting first. We can use this as an excuse for the series defeat.

"the team who wins the toss wins the game".

Australia won the toss and elected to bat first.

The Aussies are unchanged, while England have brought in Tim Bresnan for Monty Panesar!

England have yet to name their best XI so far in the series!

Feel sorry for Monty he out bowled Swann yet gets replaced, if England wanted to play the best team it should have been Monty and Finn for Swann and Stokes

For the sake of the series I hope England wins this...

It looks very difficult based in how Eng has played so far.

Off Topic: I have tried to play the instrument used in opening ceremony here but found it very difficult. Have any of you tried?

Last edited:
England really needed that toss win. Shame.

Think Bresnan back if he's fully recovered was the right option.

If Eng can take one more here then they can try to get Clarke cheaply.

If Warner stays for the 40-50 overs then he is going to score too many runs.

Last edited:
Off Topic: I have tried to play the instrument used in opening ceremony here but found it very difficult. Have any of you tried?

I've never played a didgeridoo, but I think it's incredibly tough unless you have lungs the size of a racehorse.

Out Watson.

God he sucks. I don't like him at all.

Now if Eng can get Clarke here they can put Aus under pressure.

Day 1, Drinks - Australia 57/2 after 12 overs. Chris Rogers and Shane Watson back in the hut.

Australia playing in ODI mode here

They really want to unleash Johnson on the pommies ASAP

It looks very difficult based in how Eng has played so far.

Yeah I can play the didgeridoo. Not so hard when you get the hang of it.

Yeah I can play the didgeridoo. Not so hard when you get the hang of it.

Awesome.

I found it hard when I tried it last time in Aus. A person in our family can play it well though so I probably need to sit with him.

Quick game's a good game boys

The rate Aus is going , if team can bat for the 80-90 overs then Game is over for Eng.

Last edited:
Awesome.

I found it hard when I tried it last time in Aus. A person in our family can play it well though so I probably need to sit with him.

You just close your lips and blow through them like you do when drunk. That makes the noise then you just play around with it to make the other sounds. Circular breathing is hard to learn because it has to be unconscious.

damn the Aussies are really pummeling the English here

I feel the two wickets that they lost, affects of it have already been neutralized

You just close your lips and blow through them like you do when drunk. That makes the noise then you just play around with it to make the other sounds. Circular breathing is hard to learn because it has to be unconscious.

Thanks. Will keep it in mind next time.

lol Warner...

England are leaking runs like an old pipe sewer.

Micheal Clarke gone, trying to attack Swann, but I guess that is a part of his game

Australia 106/3

Fark man if that's not Twatto's last Test match for a while then there is no justice. That was a hopeless shot.

Fark man if that's not Twatto's last Test match for a while then there is no justice. That was a hopeless shot.

Not exactly a bunch of good candidates in domestic making runs.

But if we win this Test and secure the Ashes, I reckon Watto will get fired and we can blood a noobie.

Does anyone get the feeling that the English might pull off a rare win here? They look a different unit from the last couple of tests, maybe its just me.

Does anyone get the feeling that the English might pull off a rare win here? They look a different unit from the last couple of tests, maybe its just me.

They'll have to have a big change in attitude against the short ball, but we are no certainty to win this.

He fell into the most obvious trap ever!!
Make the batsmen go for the drive and then suprise them with the bounce,and watto obliged as he always does :)))

As a neutral I hope England wins the next 2 tests and we have a cracker of a 5th test.They look good so far but their batsman have to man up and take some punishment for that to happen.

Not exactly a bunch of good candidates in domestic making runs.

But if we win this Test and secure the Ashes, I reckon Watto will get fired and we can blood a noobie.

Well he better take fifer in this match eh. Absolute passenger at the moment.

Who's this snapperhead commentating with Brayshaw and Chappelli?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm just not used to him commentating on cricket but Brayshaw's voice irritates me

Probably won't get the 90 overs in today unless they extend

Who is this third commentator?? Is that Haydunce?

I'm thinking we will finish around 250

Warner gone for 60, caught of the bowling of Swann

Must say that was a needless shot by Warner, there was a 100 out there for him, but I guess that is his style of play

Now, Eng is in real trouble here. Unless Haddin makes some runs again, it's going to be tough.

Good captaincy from Cook, held his nerve and kept Swann on against Warner because he could tell that there was a chance of holing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back