Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapori said:
Which of our players keeps laughing during Raufs deliveries?

like 'ahh ahh ahahaaaa'?

Imran Farhat - it more like 'Oi hoi hoi'

I think Ajmal should be given the bowl now again..mj will be looking to attack rauf now

Great over - in context. Watson clearly not happy.

Changes his bat.

Rudi send it back!!

Now having a word with leg umpire

Wow
this is really the personification of nervous 90s

If he was batting on 20 odd, he would atleast attempt to hit many of those balls with a very clear intention

SHows what our bowers are capable of.

Our batsman really need to be flogged.

1st NZ, now here

Good plan here,
somethings about to happen now

*sallu* said:
Ever heard of setting a batsman up?
I think he has bowled 2 overs off outswing,even 1 over is enough to set batsman up..What if you set a batsman up for 2 overs and then 'the much anticipated' inswinger goes off line... :13:

1 single, and if watson gets the strike to rauf.....the whole plan goes to waste

Oh well done by Butt
Important to keep the pressure on

Seen Sheen said:
I think he has bowled 2 overs off outswing,even 1 over is enough to set batsman up..What if you set a batsman up for 2 overs and then 'the much anticipated' inswinger goes off line... :13:

Thats just a chance you have to take in test cricket

He might not be setting the batsman up anyways

But since Watson is soooooo nervous in the 90s they want him to reach out for the ball
It is defintely easier for you if its coming towards you to hit than having to reach out for it when you're nervous

Thanks for that -

Love the tension for Watson - Never understood test matches when I was little - It will never die especially with crowds like this!

Tony Greig has just cursed Watson guys

Wicket coming up

Chuffed said:
Damn, he's got it now, the century is certain.
out before his century. please Mr. Watson you have done enough damage:) time to go home before your 100

Asif swinging it out to the lefties is well
Wow, they really are going to stick with this plan

Good to se

Next bowler should bowl straight and fast to Watson, he wouldn't be expecting it.

Worth gttng up early in the morning and watching our bowling attack...

Credit to Rauf - Hes hitting the deck and utilising his lankiness and just floating it!! Is his action the right-hand version of \S.Tanvir?

Chuffed said:
Next bowler should bowl straight and fast to Watson, he wouldn't be expecting it.

Nope
I'd rather he reach out for the ball
Much more difficult to middle a ball away from you when you are so nervous

And for Watson right now the word nervous is an understatement

*sallu* said:
Thats just a chance you have to take in test cricket

He might not be setting the batsman up anyways

But since Watson is soooooo nervous in the 90s they want him to reach out for the ball
It is defintely easier for you if its coming towards you to hit than having to reach out for it when you're nervous
You have to give yourself best chance to get the batsman out,and the best chance is when you bowl an inswinger or bowl at the stumps...Ok,nothing against bowling wide to him but,he might even chase at one,But bowling an inswinger wont do any harm to the cause.. :asif

If it's swinging with the old ball now, imagine the 4th innings. Pakistan are in serious trouble.

Just gotta keep it tight - each over they play is one less we have to deal with :D

Seen Sheen said:
You have to give yourself best chance to get the batsman out,and the best chance is when you bowl an inswinger or bowl at the stumps...Ok,nothing against bowling wide to him but,he might even chase at one,But bowling an inswinger wont do any harm to the cause.. :asif

Ask our fishers and they will tell you how easy it is to get out to a ball outside off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back