Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Adelaide | Jan 26, 2017 | Australia Innings

He should ideally resign but I dont see what fielding coaches can do about basic catching when the players get under pressure and drops dollies

why do you think players keep dropping? and what is the role of the fielding coach?

4 an over from here will get Australia to 300. Can they do that with all wickets in hand with our magnificent captain

Captain has completely abandoned ship

Afridi was a poor captain but at least during a game he wouldn't hide

I think this is worse then moyo

Clarke, 'The bowlers are confused, the captain is confused and the Aussies are completely dominating.' This... sums up Pakistan's performance today in a nutshell

The thing is Amir is supremely unlucky.

* Its his bad luck that he had to play under a corrupt captain.

* Its his bad luck that he actually got caught.

* Its his bad luck that he keeps beating batsmen but batsmen luckily dont edge.

* Its his bad luck that ball didnt come in to his hand. He was in the perfect catching position but bad luck kept the ball away.

Australia can score 210 in next 14.5 overs and even Simbabwe would have done better than our bowlers

No, because Kohli actually scores runs instead of just "looking good". Are you seriously saying BK who performs everywhere is not as good as Amir

In my opinion BK is not as good as amir - ofcourse you have every right to disagree with me

why do you think players keep dropping? and what is the role of the fielding coach?

Fielding coach can teach techniques to fielders but they have to take those catches on the field. Dropping difficult slip catches, diving catches might be because of technique but dropping dollies? That you learn from the moment you step into the cricket field

Wahab Riaz has literally been the best bowler in the team 1st match after being dropped.

He shouldn't play 2 consecutive matches ever :yk

Fakkhar, Amad, Aamer Yamin....
As Sarfrazian said Fakhar is rubbish against anything bowled in excess of 135 KPH.

Inzi did select Aamad but Mickey didn't think he was ready.

Amir Yamin is rubbish. A hack with the bat and bowls 125-130 KPH in-swingers with the ball.

Imagine if Australia finish their innings in full 50 overs with no wickets lost..

Has that ever happened before?

Tendulkar and Warner now tied with most 150 plus scores in odis, but it took him 329 innings. Warner has matched him in only 92 innings. Phenomenal. Before I get killed, I am not saying he is as good as Sachin

The thing is Amir is supremely unlucky.

* Its his bad luck that he had to play under a corrupt captain.

* Its his bad luck that he actually got caught.

* Its his bad luck that he keeps beating batsmen but batsmen luckily dont edge.

* Its his bad luck that ball didnt come in to his hand. He was in the perfect catching position but bad luck kept the ball away.

Any bowler swing balls in first few overs.Its Australian batsmen who knows how to survive those balls

Can't blame the coach for that dropped catch. As easy as it gets. Ultimately it's the players who're out on the field executing what they've been practicing in the nets/drills. But of course, have to make someone the sacrificial lamb, so the axe will fall on Rixon.

As Sarfrazian said Fakhar is rubbish against anything bowled in excess of 135 KPH.

Amir Yamin is rubbish. A hack with the bat and bowls 125-130 KPH in-swingers with the ball.

But bro one of saad ali or saud shakeel has to be selected in the ODI squad instead of hafeez. Saud can bowl too.

Shahzaib Hasan can replace Azhar since this is an era of hitters.

Can these two make world record by being 'Carrying bat though the innings'*opening couple in ODI? :D

Yamin isn't a hack with the bat

Good pressure created by wahab and junaid. only 5 runs given. Wicket coming now

I've given up on Pakistan cricket.

All the upcoming cricketers are trash.

There are Sydney Club Cricketers better than the majority of Pakistani FC cricketers.

Fielding coach can teach techniques to fielders but they have to take those catches on the field. Dropping difficult slip catches, diving catches might be because of technique but dropping dollies? That you learn from the moment you step into the cricket field

Do you know about a bloke called Myles Downey? If you don't do google him and you will have a much better understanding of coaching ..

I am not contending that players are innocent ... rather fielding coach surely can do a better job .. they share the blame...

400 is the minimum here! But Australia should aim for highest ODI score here and even 500!

Chapel is right. We should be prepare well become going to Australia. This is so embarrassing

What the hell is Head doing, losing momentum like that? Very poor batting given the circumstances.

On swinging conditions, bk is better than amir. On flat tracks, amir is better. This is my opinion only.

Respect your opinion. By the way .. I think its high time that you make your wicket prediction .. come on .. :)

400 is the minimum here! But Australia should aim for highest ODI score here and even 500!

They should be glad to reach 400 too... More than that seems impossible as of now. Leave 500.... 153 off 13 overs left to do 400...

Do you know about a bloke called Myles Downey? If you don't do google him and you will have a much better understanding of coaching ..

I am not contending that players are innocent ... rather fielding coach surely can do a better job .. they share the blame...

What could a fielding coach have done here?

Ok, am unable to emmbedd this image

Last edited:
Highest ODI totals without losing any wicket :
256/0 in 34.1 overs by England vs Sri Lanka,Edgbaston, 25 June 2016
231/0 in 39.3 overs by Sri Lanka v England, Colombo, 26 May 2011.
228/0 in 42.1 overs by Pakistan v Zimbabwe, Harare, 11 Sept 2011.
221/0 in 46.5 overs by West Indies v Pakistan, Melbourne, 23 Feb 1992.
201/0 in 23.3 overs by India v New Zealand, Hamilton, 11 Mar 2009.
200/0 in 44.4 overs by West Indies v India, Barbados, 3 May 1997.
197/0 in 30.0 overs by India v Zimbabwe, Sharjah, 13 Nov 1998.

Warner should be more aggressive if Australia wants to score 450. There is nothing in our bowling

Imagine if Australia finish their innings in full 50 overs with no wickets lost..

Has that ever happened before?

It has never happened but there have been a few instances where no wickets were lost during the innings

It has never happened but there have been a few instances where no wickets were lost during the innings

So that's a world record then..

Junaid is bowling well with these yorkers outside off.

The only thing i observed about Pakistani players is lack of practice in all the aspects of game. Do they really have net session between the matches or they just choose to attend parties ?

I am happy that at least BCB is trying Jonty Rhodes as our fielding coach.

Last edited:
This is genius, we know the batsmen are struggling with fatigue so as long as we keep dropping catches we can stop a fresh batsman arriving at the crease and taking the score to 450.

Fielders on the boundary with head on 99. Azhar is the worst captain ever

Back