Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Sydney | 04/01/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daoud

Test Debutant
Runs
About an hour and a half away. Weather seems to be ok for now
Will be interesting to see how close to Australia's total India can get to and whether they'll even be able to take a lead or not

India need partnerships here and need the two passengers from 1st test yuvraj and Dhoni to come to the party. I can see india getting 400 here and make the game a 1 inns affair which could suit indias spinners if aussies go out all out attack when they bat again!

Players on the field
Ind looking for 436 runs today
Tendu starts with a single off Lee
Ind 217-3

Did it rain? I can't tell. pitch looks the same and it is bright and sunny

Ponting out of ideas. brings Hogg in. Let's see if he bowls right or left handed
Ind 233-3

Ponting now has brang Michael Clarke into the attack

Tendulkar come's down the crease and hits Hogg for 6

3/292

Hogg go's around the wicket Ganguly try's to go for another and hit's it up in the air to mid-off and Hogg take's the big wicket of Ganguly

4/293

Last edited:
close shout for LBW against Tendu by Clarke. Benson says no. Hawkeye says hitting top of middle and leg

Just saw Ganguly's replay and he smashed his bat on the crease in disgust.
Yuvraj not looking comfortable against Hogg
Ind 297-4

man i hope india dont' settle into that horrible defensive mindset that ganguly and laxman worked so hard to shed. I can see tendulkar going into it after ganguly got out.

Lunch: Ind 322-5.

Let's hope last 5 wickets can score at least half of what Oz last 4 scored!

I would say AUS are slightly ahead now but the pitch would certainly help the 2 Indian spinners so there is still hope.

Dhoni in :59: :59: :59: :59: .........

Dhoni ct behind off Lee
Ind 330-6
Gilchrist gets 400 dismissals - 363 catches and 37 stumpings

Dhoni nicks it to Gilly of the bowling of Lee Dhoni out for 2

6/330

Kumble in

Tendulkar nearly out the bowl after edged it just past Hussey

Mercenary said:
What you wasting your prayers for? This isnt Asia :D

I think he prayed since Sydney pitch conditions were closest to one you can get in Asia...

Mercenary said:
What you wasting your prayers for? This isnt Asia :D
My admiration doesn´t have anything to do with Asia.

Poor shot by Dhoni.

Kumble ct behind off Lee.

Ind 345-7.

Dravid is looking better now. atleast he stayed for a session or so. Though a chakkka would have been good

Hugely disappointed with Dhoni and Yuvi .Yuvi got beaten by pure pace .What the heck was Dhoni doing :12:

siddharth said:
Hugely disappointed with Dhoni and Yuvi .Yuvi got beaten by pure pace .What the heck was Dhoni doing :12:

Dhoni is a FTB period. If I was a selector, I would select karthik inplace of him whenever india plays in Aus or SA.

siddharth said:

looks like chose wrong ball to hit

phoenix-suns said:
Dhoni is a FTB period. If I was a selector, I would select karthik inplace of him whenever india plays in Aus or SA.

or partiv patel

phoenix-suns said:

If my memory serves right, Dhoni was not a failure in SA compared to how other Indian batsmen fared ...

LightSpeedGT said:
Sachin playing a super knock!
Not that super(according to his own standard) but very sensible.

some one tell Bhajji to calm down ,geez he is a nut head . :po:

So if this test eventually draws, will the Australian record some X (15 or 16) consecutive test win would end? or they have to loose one to end it? I mean, is the original record about "consecutive wins" or "consecutive no-loss" or so?

siddharth said:
Not that super(according to his own standard) but very sensible.

some one tell Bhajji to calm down ,geez he is a nut head . :po:
Yeah, I haven't been able to watch today so I'm just going by his stats. 85 and heading for a hundred against a quality Aus attack is good going - especially when the team needs it.

Now imagine if Aus would've been bowled out for under 230 or so..

purplehaze said:
So if this test eventually draws, will the Australian record some X (15 or 16) consecutive test win would end? or they have to loose one to end it? I mean, is the original record about "consecutive wins" or "consecutive no-loss" or so?

It eill end. This record is about consecutive wins excluding draws.

Too early to predict it will be a draw though.

Gilchrist drops a hard chance of Harbhajan going over his head.
Ind392-7

gilli doing his best to impersonate kamran here..

purplehaze said:
draws or loss break the streak they are talking about. if draws were included then Aus already has 19 wins without losing a match. I think that one drawn match against SA was the 16th match of you count backwards

Amjid Javed said:
India need partnerships here and need the two passengers from 1st test yuvraj and Dhoni to come to the party. I can see india getting 400 here and make the game a 1 inns affair which could suit indias spinners if aussies go out all out attack when they bat again!

Man, u r right, but even u wud have had some doubts after you saw the
Yuvi, Dhoni , Kumble procession!

401-7
SRT 92*
Harbhajan 32*

Last edited:
Congrats Sachin.
I think v r watching SRT-V.3.0

From the time he played in the ireland one day future cup onwards,
we are seeing a new sachin tendulkar with a greater resolve and ability to absorb pressure than at any other point in his 17 years career.

though he failed to score any hundreds in one dayers or tests, he has contributed immensely to the team's cause in the England test series win, even more in the one day series there and the subsequent series against Pak.

This augurs well for the team.
way to go.

424-7,

almost 200 runs in 2 sessions for 4 wickets.
Good fight back.
At last, Aussie fans have got what they wanted- some fighting spirit by India.

qaiser said:
ur guess as good as mine
i.e. we don't know

Tait is scheduled to play in a 20-20 game against Queensland today.
if he comes up with a very good performance, it may help him in pushing Johnson out of perth test.

Incredible stuff from India! They are only 40 runs away from taking the lead. Superb stuff from Bhajji! Excellent knock. I think 500 is really probable, since they are playing at a good rate too.

But I can't say anything about a result. Tomorrow is day 4, and the second innings of the match won't have even ended (maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back