Australia vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2019 | Day 1 | Match Thread

Bumrah and Shami are around 5’9, 5’10 but that didnt prevent them to succeed at test level. Its aboult the about the ability to hit the right lengths and skills one has.

Conditions are suitable for swing bowling. But i am not sure these bowlers are genuine swing bowlers. One is line and length bowler who tries to move off the seam. Other two look like back of the length bowlers. They hit the pitch hard.

So Australia as usual won the first session with just 1 wicket. Our bowling is a serious let down for long time. Batting as usual is garbage.

Unless they closely examine their wrist position at the time of loading the delivery , it is hard to tell what they are trying to do with the ball.

Musa shouldn't have been selected for this format.

First Misbah picked Imran Khan with an average of 45+ this season and then Musa with an average of 37.52. It's pathetic to debut a young player in a format he's never found success in. :ibutt

Jason Gillespie on ABC Radio is being absolutely dismissive of Musa.

“Repeatable action but very short, and he bowls with a bent knee and is bowling far too short for the conditions. I don’t see what makes anyone think he is ready for Test cricket”:

This seems like an even worse attack than first match

Naseem and shaheen were decent enough now we only have shahen left

Don't think Musa will last long in international cricket. He's more like a Bangladeshi or Afghan bowler in terms of ability

135k to 140k is more than enough to trouble any batsman in the world as long as you maintain a channel and work on a plan.

Just aesthetics he hasn’t made them play enough

For some reason he was not able to bring the ball back in. That would have been lethal. Looks like the ball is not swinging much, it might in 3rd session

Everyone: "Steve Smith leaving the ball is horrible to watch"

Labuschagne: "Hold my Gatorade"

This is Adelaide. Only place where spinners will get some purchase. They might as well bring Yasir on when the batsmen are relatively new to the crease.

Not a good idea to stand upto stumps in Australia regardless of the pace of the bowler. You could get hurt.

Jason Gillespie on ABC Radio is being absolutely dismissive of Musa.

“Repeatable action but very short, and he bowls with a bent knee and is bowling far too short for the conditions. I don’t see what makes anyone think he is ready for Test cricket”:
Musa is clearly not ready

Only Naseem looks international class out of all youngsters

This is such an embarrassing selections tbh. Cant get over this how naseem shah wasn't picked over musa. Naseem was troubling the batsmen

Just a few months ago, stuart broad didn't let david warner move. He'd bowl outswingers from around the wicket on to the 4th stump.

In last Test, regarding why Imran & why not Abbas, I actually wrote that, on that Gabba track, had Abbas played, may be we could have seen Rizwan’s brilliance with gloves, standing on wicket against a fast bowler ...... but didn’t think that I’ll see it at Adelaide, in pink ball Test .... that too on first day, before lunch.... well done, Rizwan.

145.5 kph from Musa. If only he can get the radar right

Considering he's shorter than Azhar Ali and can't stick to a single line and length for more than 2 balls in a row without any seam or swing.... Yes he should be bowling 170kmh

Australia is thoroughly enjoying this short stuffs given that they can leave on the length or smack when it is not at the stumps.

Woke up and saw cricinfo commentary. Seems like Musa is bowling way too short and keeps getting hammered. Muhammad Sami-esque

145.5 kph from Musa. If only he can get the radar right
He won’t.

He’s bowling 6 feet too short. Worst quick bowling I’ve ever seen in Australia. Ever.

Musa is appalling.

Don't think Musa will last long in international cricket. He's more like a Bangladeshi or Afghan bowler in terms of ability

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/fDzM81OYrNjJC" width="480" height="286" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/happy-excited-shocked-fDzM81OYrNjJC">via GIPHY</a></p>

A big crowd attendance today as well [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] what is your excuse this time that musa khan is playing they all here to see him lol

In last Test, regarding why Imran & why not Abbas, I actually wrote that, on that Gabba track, had Abbas played, may be we could have seen Rizwan’s brilliance with gloves, standing on wicket against a fast bowler ...... but didn’t think that I’ll see it at Adelaide, in pink ball Test .... that too on first day, before lunch.... well done, Rizwan.

Rizwan actually is a pretty decent keeper. He is pretty safe and can sometimes take really good catches or blinders as well so not surprised with his reflexes and athleticism him standing up.

Musa is clearly not a Test bowler. he is bowling ODI/T20 lines. as soon as warner adjusts, musa is Toast

Musa resembles those afghanis who can bowl thunderbolts but don't know how to use them effectively. Not a test cricket material.

This kid is too short to play test, could be a good odi/t20 bowler.
Hasnain would have been better , if naseem was unfit.

Rizwan actually is a pretty decent keeper. He is pretty safe and can sometimes take really good catches or blinders as well so not surprised with his reflexes and athleticism him standing up.
Yeah I think he’s as good as BJ Watling and Shane Dowrich. Saha is the best rn though.

Musa Khan releasing the pressure made by Abbas and Shaheen. You can tell Musa Khan is bowler is aggressive but one major issue he has is he's always trying to impress/ intimidate the batsman with bowling bouncers all the time. I noticed this in that one t20 he played and now and that's why he keeps bowling short and gets smashed, he will struggle more with his short height. And Brett Lee did a good analysis and talked about how Musa Khan bends his front leg in release which causes him to lose some pace, although his pace has been decent.

Is it me or does Warne seem to be hitting on Isa in the comms?

He won’t.

He’s bowling 6 feet too short. Worst quick bowling I’ve ever seen in Australia. Ever.

Musa is appalling.

With his action and height (I read some where between 5’6”, to 5’9”.... I tend to remain at lower limit - task for you Doc. - if you meet him in loony, please do cross check ... and do consider the heel), if he tries to bowl on good length, it’ll be a juicy roshgolla (a Bengali sweetmeat), for hitting on the rise, squire, at Adelaide. This one I have to say was a pick to fail the kid - he never had much of a chance here.

He won’t.

Musa is appalling.

Poor bowling till now I agree but worst quick bowling is bit of an extra exaggeration. He is inexperienced in FC cricket let alone test cricket. Accuracy and channel bowling develops with time.

I agreed with you regarding Ehsan Adil as he is definitely one of the most improved bowler in last couple of years, can now bowl around 140kph and has really good height as well along with experience of FC.

Back