Australia vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2019 | Day 1 | Match Thread

U want warner wk bring ifti chachu and bring field in and let him attack u. Thats the only chance he will play a bad shot. Azhar-Ali is a most incompetent captain i have seen the guy was a joke before and nothing changed now. I miss sarfraz bhai.

Azhar is a good and sharif guy. Why would he do such a thing that involves attacking?

Need to get Warner to play test cricket at normal pace in Australia

Gilly made an interesting point about Abbas bowling in UAE where low bounce complemented his accuracy. Over here they can leave the ball on length.

U want warner wk bring ifti chachu and bring field in and let him attack u. Thats the only chance he will play a bad shot. Azhar-Ali is a most incompetent captain i have seen the guy was a joke before and nothing changed now. I miss sarfraz bhai.
What saraz will do in test cricket?
Forget about captaincy, first of all he is not deserve place in test team.

Shaheen is one guy i think will have a promising career. He has some things going for him. He is not fully ready yet though.

Pakistani bowlers only have one plan against all batsmen "Ball wicket to wicker"

Pakistani fans are too fickle - one can now see why Abbas was dropped on the flat Gabba pitch - nobody can feel threatened by his 125 k darts

Last edited:
Guys our chief selectors for the next 5-10 years will be garbage.

All these retired players are nepotistic.

Watch the likes of Fawad Alam, Sarfraz, Akmals, Shehzad, etc, be recalled.

Shoaib Malik to me could be a guy who can pick youngsters and revive PAK cricket.

What saraz will do in test cricket?
Forget about captaincy, first of all he is not deserve place in test team.

Sarfraz was a decent Captain in every format. He just lost his way as a batsmen for some reason. Its not like past wk keeper batsmen of Pakistan have set fire in Australia.

Guys our chief selectors for the next 5-10 years will be garbage.

All these retired players are nepotistic.

Watch the likes of Fawad Alam, Sarfraz, Akmals, Shehzad, etc, be recalled.

Shoaib Malik to me could be a guy who can pick youngsters and revive PAK cricket.

When was Fawad Alam recalled? And who is the person that favors Fawad?

No one is blaming Master Yoda Misbah for being greedy and accepting all three posts. Such a shameless guy misbah is i never thought I would say that.

Musa is bog average and Abbas just cannot do it on these pitches

It’s gonna be a LOOOONG day

Gilly made an interesting point about Abbas bowling in UAE where low bounce complemented his accuracy. Over here they can leave the ball on length.

Yea good analysis. Also explain why he was poor in South Africa

Prolly should bowl it a bit fuller.

For Australia Misbah should have considered these bowlers.

Rahat Ali
Fahim Ashraf as an allrounder
Junaid Khan
Amir Should have told come out of retirement and play or find another country to play for.

Along with naseem and abbas.

I am really angry at Mohd amir. We invested so much into this guy, the world was against us playing him, but we backed him, and how he repaying us is a joke. He should be scrapped off a contract, need to be told you will play or you can call an early retirement from all the formats.

I am really angry at Mohd amir. We invested so much into this guy, the world was against us playing him, but we backed him, and how he repaying us is a joke. He should be scrapped off a contract, need to be told you will play or you can call an early retirement from all the formats.
Not really. PCB mismanaged his workload. Too many useless T20s.

But but but hey #1 ranking :sarf :ma

Yeah, the whole mess has been created by Aamir prioritizing white ball cricket over tests - but isn’t it really strange that a country which has a history of glorious quicks is now struggling to find quality quicks (except Shaheen Afridi). Remember a time when Pakistanis would make fun of the Indian medium pacers bowling 125 & call them trundlers - well, we should look at Abbas bowling today, compare it with how the Indians bowled last summer in Australia & think how the tables have turned on us!!

Hopefully the management finds some real good prospects fast!!!

Check his average against left handers in the last two years instead of fake Lol'ing.
At this point it's just plain jealousy which is keeping people from not acknowledging how well these bowlers are doing

We r being too judgemental abt it. The pitch is flat and not like gabba. So I think yasir will help to stop Aussies scoring more than 350 here.

Dude, that Gabba pitch was the flattest i had ever seen it to be - besides the bounce in the first hour it was an absolute road, credit to our batsmen for messing it up.

If the pitch freshens up due to the drizzle, under the lights pak still have a massive chance.....think yassir will be a big factor tonite....good luck pak...

Looks like Pakistan will bowl till dinner tomorrow and get bowled out after in dinner session

Yeah, the whole mess has been created by Aamir prioritizing white ball cricket over tests - but isn’t it really strange that a country which has a history of glorious quicks is now struggling to find quality quicks (except Shaheen Afridi). Remember a time when Pakistanis would make fun of the Indian medium pacers bowling 125 & call them trundlers - well, we should look at Abbas bowling today, compare it with how the Indians bowled last summer in Australia & think how the tables have turned on us!!

Hopefully the management finds some real good prospects fast!!!

In terms of finding talent, Nasim shah is there he will be a class bowler in 2 years time. Shaheen is developing fine, it is his first tour, hasnain is there too. It will take time but i think their coaching will be even more crucial who will coach them and how. Nasim should only play t20 and odis for 1 year before being called for tests. Musa khan is another find, he will come good he is young you cant fault him for misbah pathetic selection. Rahi baat india ki well they have a great system now within the country money is coming so investing to find talent will become easier. For pakistan 10 years of isolation and away from home, zero income being generated, i am surprised why we haven’t been bankrupt yet.

Dude, that Gabba pitch was the flattest i had ever seen it to be - besides the bounce in the first hour it was an absolute road, credit to our batsmen for messing it up.

It was but batting first cost us on a green pitch early moisture and bundled out. It only became flat after first day.

In terms of finding talent, Nasim shah is there he will be a class bowler in 2 years time. Shaheen is developing fine, it is his first tour, hasnain is there too. It will take time but i think their coaching will be even more crucial who will coach them and how. Nasim should only play t20 and odis for 1 year before being called for tests. Musa khan is another find, he will come good he is young you cant fault him for misbah pathetic selection. Rahi baat india ki well they have a great system now within the country money is coming so investing to find talent will become easier. For pakistan 10 years of isolation and away from home, zero income being generated, i am surprised why we haven’t been bankrupt yet.

So with Aamir not playing & the young bowlers still needing time to develop, do we just write off the test championship? Is their anybody in the lineup good enough to partner Shaheen at this particular point of time? And i dont think we can blame the isolation alone - we also have the overbloated & mismanaged PCB to thank for this mess.

Forget Smith...seems like a after a below average Ashes, Warner has taken the onus to complete the demolition job

Pakistan has really messed up by not grovelling to Amir to play.

The rain has pushed Dinner back to the Batting Danger Hour - it’s 7 to 7.40pm now.

So batting will be under full lights after Dinner, which is usually easy here.

This was the day to have Amir bowling with Abbas and Shaheen, with Faheem as fourth seamer.

It would have been 50-4 at Tea and 150 all out at Dinner in these conditions.

But instead they have Musa!

Good early wicket gave me hope. Now I am expecting a 300 run partnership between the current two at the crease.

In the last match Abbas was the missing link.

This match, Amir who has retired is the only thing stopping Pakistan.

Have anyone considered that these are merely excuses?

If suddenly Australia end up 100/5, Abbas would be Wasim reincarnate on Pakpassion.

Both Musa and Hasnain are just awful, and Abbas is turning into Imad Wasim. Perhaps it is time to call him a spinner who doesn’t spin the ball.

Hopefully we won’t see Pakistan play Test cricket in Australia for about 15 years. We waste the time of the Australian players and the Australian fans, while people based in Pakistan ruin their sleep for nothing.

It's sad and I feel bad for Musa.

A former cricketer like Misbah should understand what a bad debut can do to someone's career in Pakistan. It's incredibly unfair to throw him into the lion's den like this.

In the last match Abbas was the missing link.

This match, Amir who has retired is the only thing stopping Pakistan.

Have anyone considered that these are merely excuses?

If suddenly Australia end up 100/5, Abbas would be Wasim reincarnate on Pakpassion.

Abbas wasn't the missing link he was just a far better option than Imran Khan. Abbas isn't a threatening bowler here because the extra bounce doesn't allow him to threaten the stumps, but he does keep things quiet. Imran though brought absolutely nothing to the game, no real pace and not accurate enough to keep the scoring rate in check.

Amir might have been threatening today given the cloud cover. He isn't an exceptional bowler but he knows how to work at a consistent line and length as is required in Test cricket and he has plenty of experience in these conditions.

With Amir's retirement I probably would have looked at Ehsan Adil. He is doing well this season and has plenty of FC experience. Plus his height and bounce might have been handy here. Again there is no guarantee he would do well but given his FC experience I would hope he has some sense on how to work at a line and length. Far better then throwing absolute novices out there.

At the moment though it's like watching an under 19 team out there against Australia. You just get the feeling that it's utterly and completely hopeless.

Amir had zero impact on the 2016-17 tour, he would not have made much difference 3 years later either

After a long time, courtesy to rain, I am watching old PAK game - that back foot shot by Mohsin off Rackeman... I doubt when we’ll see such shots again from PAK batsmen after the UAE show.

If the likes of Amir, Wahab , Faheem etc were playing this series and the results were the same, everyone here would have asked why Naseem and Musa are not included.

As someone said before , the easiest way of getting your stakes high in Pakistan cricket is to just not play. You'll be automatically talked in higher regard.

If the likes of Amir, Wahab , Faheem etc were playing this series and the results were the same, everyone here would have asked why Naseem and Musa are not included.

As someone said before , the easiest way of getting your stakes high in Pakistan cricket is to just not play. You'll be automatically talked in higher regard.

Totally correct.

I’ve always maintained that the best way to up your reputation amongst Pakistani fans and get hyped is to miss a series or two.

And LOL at Faheem. He is a gully Mohalla all rounder. Wahab would have gotten spanked around. Amir would have been only one who would have been an improvement on the lot out there but he’s no world beater in tests either so the results wouldn’t have changed.

Exactly.

TBH, Amir and Wahab would have been spanked. Faheem even more.

And a perfect example is Abbas. PPers turned him into McGrath when he didn't play the 1st test, even worse pitch for him.

He must have been thanking his stars at that time.

It’s twilight zone and the ball is 22 overs old - may not be 6/42, but can we expect 3/43 here..... in Pink Ball Test, at Adelaide?

Ball is doing quite a bit.

If Abbas can't strike even here, then he should be permanently dropped along with Imran.

So far so good. Misbah’s plans of destroying our cricket is coming into fruition. Soon every Pakistani will regret ever supporting this team. Than and only than will we open our eyes.

Absolute brilliant Fielding.

Pakistan Cricket at his best, one minute down, next minute down!

Even with the pink ball our bowlers cannot take wickets. Pathetic. Waqar is such a failure of a coach. This Musa guy doesn't look international material at all. Even Anwar Ali or Bhatti are better than him.

Like others have suggested before me, Why doesnt Abbas bowl a bit fuller than he normally does if he has problems with the ball bouncing too high

Back