Australia vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2019 | Day 1 | Match Thread

Overseas players enjoy Adelaide. Lara has incredible record here. 610 runs in 4 tests. Very surprisingly this is one of Tendulkar's not so favorite ground. Kohli/Hobbs have got 3 centries here.

Rizwan actually is a pretty decent keeper. He is pretty safe and can sometimes take really good catches or blinders as well so not surprised with his reflexes and athleticism him standing up.

True, he is brilliant with gloves work and reflexes ..... it has nothing to do with the pace fast bowler is bowling at, on first morning of an Aussie Test.

Keeper standing up to opening bowler in pink ball cricket reminds me of indians best days

IN a way Abbas selection is good. He can play the workhorse role. He can plug one end. He could even buy some wickets

Musa has pace but nothing else going for him. He has no idea how to adequately use his natural talent. And I can’t believe this Abbas guy was getting so much hype.

The only good find is Rizwan. What an improvement over the dark days of Akmal bros.

Last edited:
Should try Shan Masood’s medium in these maybe for a over or two

I have to say i am a bit disappointed.
The bowling has been ok, but apart from the 2 deliveries from shaheen, one the wicket delivery and the following ball, theres been nothing threatening.

Short Wide Bang.

Woeful bowling from Musa. Does he even know what's a good line and length?

True, he is brilliant with gloves work and reflexes ..... it has nothing to do with the pace fast bowler is bowling at, on first morning of an Aussie Test.

So you are implying top keepers could have kept to Akhtar standing up?

Obviously keeper is only gonna stand up when someone balls around or below 130 kph. We have seen that with Philander, Pollock etc on the past.

It's getting worse for Pakistan. Naseem would have done way better than Musa, even though Naseem may have bowled fewer overs than Musa Khan (due to injury-prone etc. issues)

Musa's length has always been on the shorter side. His FC economy is 4, List A economy is 7 and T20 economy is 10.

Pretty flat wicket. Lights or cloud cover coming into play would be another matter.

Poor bowling! Disgraceful! The team management has no plan whatsoever. Bowling just short of a length. What is waqar contributing to this team? And I still cannot fathom why Musa was picked Naseem has the perfect length and pace for this pitch. Extremely disappointed and gutted ATM. Hardly any balls bowled trying to get lbw.. going to be another walk in the park for the aussies.

Musa Khan also having no-ball issues. Why on earth was he selected? His QeA performances have been mediocre (average of 37 and economy of 4 I believe)

Musa having a horror debut.

Can someone tell me where is Junaid khan ? He would have been ideal for a stage like this.

Abbas has good bowling action and release freely.
But absolutely no pace at all, bowling like shivam dube, if he add little pace he can trouble batsman.

He seems rattled take him out the attack, all the good bowling first up has been wasted

2nd no ball by musa!
I know this is his first test, but im not impressed by him
Pakistan should concentrate on shaheen, naseem, hasnain from the youngsters. And haris rauf, sameen gul and eshan adil.

None of the Abbas’ ball hitting the stump according to the graph

Warner would have been in the dressing room by now, if this was England or India here instead of Pakistan. Him against Broad , Shami, Bumrah etc on this wicket with the pink ball ..... I'll leave it here .

Australian grounds are considered tough on body pf pace bowlers and with Naseem being young probably management didnt wanna risk him here. Cant think of any other reason.

If this kid isn't ready then he should have not been selected for this tour

Useless misbah

So you are implying top keepers could have kept to Akhtar standing up?

Obviously keeper is only gonna stand up when someone balls around or below 130 kph. We have seen that with Philander, Pollock etc on the past.

I have actually seen WK (SAF Keeper, forgot name, Richardson may be), standing on wicket against Fannie De Villiars, at Kanpur I believe on 2nd innings, and Allen Knott few times in India ... but not sure, in Australia, on first morning, before lunch.

No, I don’t think top keepers would have stood up against Akhtar - even if he is bowling at half run up and at 125K ... not because of the pace, rather for reputation - even the best WK does know that, in between 125k, there will be some at 145k, which will make a fool of him. I guess, here Rizwan had his full confidence of Abbas..... anyway, he has gone back again.

Was looking forward to see Naseem Shah on my new 65’’ Q-led Samsung but so far some average bowling.

Lmao, just noticed we dropped Haris but kept Iftikhar. Misbah, you buffoon, how do you drop the guy with test hundreds instead of the hack with HS of 7.

For all.the height discussion some of the best to play the game have been around 5'7-5'10. Thinking of the last decade itself there has been steyn and ryan Harris. Finding the right length to.bowl in Australia can be a challenge. I remember the first test in the 16-17 australia saf series too where on the first morning saf bowled too short but sorted it out immediately the next day and rolled australia out.

Watching Abbas, yeah I didn't expect him to be very threatening at all and that's how it's going. All he is good for is keeping things quiet in these conditions.

Looks like we are playing the match with only one real wicket taking bowler and that guy, Shaheen, is also awfully inexperienced.

As I said earlier they should continue with same bowlers for Second test, IK should picked, he is ideal for this conditions.

Get Warner's wicket here from Shaheen. Bring Yasir to bowl at Smith and get his wicket

Pak fans are like Pakistani media channels impatience characters. First of all dont blame poor kid musa for being there, he should never have been selected for test cricket. Everything that is wrongly happening with Pak cricket in the last 3 months is Misbah fault. How can you take these kids and throw them infront of these hungry lions like Aussies in Australia.

Now wait till end of days play. Pakistan can make a comeback in late sessions. It takes time to adjust in Aussies conditions.

Poor bowling! Disgraceful! The team management has no plan whatsoever. Bowling just short of a length. What is waqar contributing to this team? And I still cannot fathom why Musa was picked Naseem has the perfect length and pace for this pitch. Extremely disappointed and gutted ATM. Hardly any balls bowled trying to get lbw.. going to be another walk in the park for the aussies.

I don’t think Naseem if fit ... and they are doing lots of hush hush with that. He wasn’t fit at Gabba either, but they kept the chance open (of bowling him, if he gets fitness back miraculously in between game), by keeping him on field for entire period. Here, Musa is extremely unlucky to be picked for Australia tour, then play in pink ball Adelaide Test. They over compensated with playing Imran at Gabba. Guy doesn’t have a good FC record, neither experience and here they have debuted him against Aussies with pink ball!!!!

Last edited:
According to what I’ve been told at the team hotel, he has sore shins and the team and management have been under strict instructions to lie about it.

Why lie about the injury- Its not like the management overbowled Naseem - he barely bowled 20+ overs in the only Australian innings he bowled in. Were the team management scared that they would be criticized for selecting a 16 year old?

Not too impressed by Musa’s line & length so far, he looks too raw & too short to be bowling in Australia.

Lmao, just noticed we dropped Haris but kept Iftikhar. Misbah, you buffoon, how do you drop the guy with test hundreds instead of the hack with HS of 7.

Yes pretty surprising especially in pink ball and under lights where technique will be tested. Pakistan’s infatuation with having off spinners in the side for the opposition lefties has been going on for sometime now. I dont mind but atleast produce some results with it.

Get Warner's wicket here from Shaheen. Bring Yasir to bowl at Smith and get his wicket

U want warner wk bring ifti chachu and bring field in and let him attack u. Thats the only chance he will play a bad shot. Azhar-Ali is a most incompetent captain i have seen the guy was a joke before and nothing changed now. I miss sarfraz bhai.

Back