Bangladesh v India | Match 40, World Cup | 2nd July, 2019 | Edgbaston | India innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
With their unbeaten streak in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 halted by hosts England, the Indian team will be looking to make quick amends against a spirited Bangladesh side.

Overview

Bangladesh v India
Edgbaston, Birmingham
2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, Match 40
Tuesday, 2 July; 10.30am GMT, 9.30 am local

India’s 31-run loss on Sunday, 30 June, was only their third defeat in ICC World Cup matches this decade. While the loss did not have any bearing on the second-placed side's position in the points table, the Indian team needs to win at least one of their last two games to make a smooth entry into the top four. Against England, chinks in India's gameplay came to the fore; a lacklustre performance by the spin department, coupled with the approach of the middle-order in a failed chase, will be a point of contention as they aim to quickly regroup.

Bangladesh’s hot-and-cold tournament has now come down to them needing wins in both their remaining games, and then hoping for a favourable outcome from New Zealand’s next fixture. While their batting unit has shown stomach for fight, consistently posting high scores, the bowling department has let them down in crunch situations. The side will be buoyed by the possible return of Mahmudullah in the middle-order, who is recovering quickly from his calf injury, and is expected to make it to the playing XI.

Key players:

Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh): As has been the case throughout the tournament, Bangladesh will be heavily banking on their talismanic all-rounder to see them through. Currently ranked third in the tournament's run-getters’ list, Shakib’s experience will be key for Bangladesh in a must-win game against an Indian side that is expected to come back hard. His unflappable batting in the middle overs, coupled with his wily left-arm spin, could be crucial in a potentially high-scoring game.

Rohit Sharma (India): The Indian opener has peaked just at the right time, posting three centuries so far, despite coming off a patchy run of form ahead of the tournament. Against England, he might not have been at his fluent best, but ensured that he occupied one end, anchoring India towards the target alongside Virat Kohli. Rohit's only World Cup game against Bangladesh came in the 2015 quarter-finals, where his 137 took India through to the next round. Given his recent form, India will be banking on him to come up with something similar in Birmingham.

Conditions

It's expected to be sunny in Birmingham on Tuesday, with hardly any chances of rain. After witnessing 300-plus scores in both innings of the England-India game, the Edgbaston surface could produce another run-heavy match.

Squads

Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Abu Jayed, Liton Das (wk), Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Mithun (wk), Mohammad Saifuddin, Mosaddek Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Tamim Iqbal

India: Virat Kohli (c), Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/en/1260586

• India have won four matches on the bounce versus Bangladesh in men’s One Day
Internationals; they have tasted victory in eight of their last 10 against the Tigers.
• Bangladesh and India have faced off three times before in ICC Men’s Cricket World
Cup matches; the Tigers winning the first such encounter in 2007 before India
registered back-to-back wins over the men in the green (2011 & 2015).
• Bangladesh and India have faced off once before in a men’s ODI at Edgbaston;
India recording a comprehensive nine-wicket victory at ICC Champions Trophy 2017
with Rohit Sharma hitting an unbeaten 123 and Virat Kohli an unbeaten 96 for the
victors.
• Bangladesh have played three previous men’s ODIs at Edgbaston, losing all three of
them; tasting defeat to India, England and South Africa at the Birmingham venue.
• India’s defeat last time out versus England was only their second in their most recent
18 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup matches (W16); the other loss coming at the hands
of Australia in the 2015 semi-final.
• Bangladesh’s last game against Afghanistan saw Shakib Al Hasan become only the
second man ever to score a half-century and take a five-wicket haul in an ICC
Men’s Cricket World Cup fixture (Yuraj Singh v Ireland, 2011), it was also the first 5-
wicket haul for a Bangladesh player in an ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup match.
• Virat Kohli requires a score of 35 to become the leading run scorer in men’s ODIs at
Edgbaston, the India skipper averages 154.5 at the venue from six innings.
• Virat Kohli (India) has posted more runs in men’s ODIs between Bangladesh and India
than any other batsman; he’s managed to score 654 runs across his 11 knocks
against the Tigers, doing so at an average of 82.
• Tamim Iqbal is in line to make his 200th ODI appearance for Bangladesh; he’ll
become only the fourth man to record that many caps for the Tigers (Mashrafe
Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim & Shakib Al Hasan being the others).
• In India’s most recent game (against England) Yuzvendra Chahal returned the most
expensive bowling figures ever by an Indian player in an ICC Men’s Cricket World
Cup match, his 10 overs going for 88 runs.

Capture.JPG

Bangladesh vs India | World Cup 2019 | Match 40 | Birmingham | July 2nd 2019 | Match Thread

Must win game for Bangladesh.

They are very well capable of beating India. Shakib has been in terrific form and will be key to Bangladesh overhauling India.

India's middle order woes are well documented. It can be countered that India were more worried about NRR than winning against England to ensure safe path to semis, but I dont think they have the luxury of taking Bangladesh lightly. Bangladesh might not have a fearsome bowling attack, but Indian openers normally start slowly and if the pitch is slow, Bangladeshi spinners could induce mistakes by choking the Indian batsmenin the middle overs.

Bangladesh need to beat both India and Pakistan to qualify for the semis and will come out with all guns blazing. On the other hand, they might put pressure on themselves and falter.

India might have to rest some players or risk injury. I suspect the following changes to the team.

Bhuvan (in) - Bumrah (rest)
Chahal (rest) - Jadeja (in)

Bangladesh expected to field same side.

Win toss, bat first will be the mantra even though both team are capable of chasing.

Lets hope this game is a cracker!

Dhoni is going to vent his anger today, Didn't Dhoni make a 76 ball 110 against BD in the warm up? He loves medium pacers, offies. Probably will struggle against shakib. But he is not a big turner.

Bdesh batting lineup is perhaps stronger than India and if they bat second then my money on Bdesh to win. India might play DK instead of Jadhav, who can utilize the short boundaries much better.

India's downfall started yesterday...they cannot even reach semis now

Bdesh batting lineup is perhaps stronger than India and if they bat second then my money on Bdesh to win. India might play DK instead of Jadhav, who can utilize the short boundaries much better.

DK may come in only for psychological reason. This could be the match when Pandya could be promoted instead of being sent after 40 overs.

India's downfall started yesterday...they cannot even reach semis now

Kohli 81
Rohit 55
Mahi 48
KKD 46

vs BD . Others have not played enough.

Rahmi 35
tamim 33
Shakib 35
Sarkar 31
Mahamdulla 35

vs India

I consider Rahim, Mahamdulla as the threats. Rahim always comes alive against us even thought he has failed a few times.

All eyes will be on India. Should win by a comfortable margin.

Bangladesh aint chasing anything over 230 against this Indian team.They were struggling against KulCha in the warmups and now with Shami in and pitches slowing up during chasing, it will be incredibly tough.

Dhoni is going to vent his anger today, Didn't Dhoni make a 76 ball 110 against BD in the warm up? He loves medium pacers, offies. Probably will struggle against shakib. But he is not a big turner.
BD bowlers somehow bowl to his strength which is length deliveries in his arc. He always goes beast mode against their bowlers which kinda hurt us in the long term.

BD is in good form. A professional side. Quiet a few of them made debut when kohli was still playing under-19. In terms of number of players, BD has more experienced players. We have only one which is a curse.

It really doesn't matter who wins tomorrow, only way PAK can qualify is to beat BD and hope NZ does the turn around everyone wants here in PP. With that being said, who are you PPers supporting tomorrow? IND or BD?

PP would want Desh to win because that would mean if SL can upset Ind later on then Pak will have 2 teams who are on 11 pts and can go past at least 1 on NRR by winning big.

Their game against Afg was so crucial , should have won by at least 100 runs/ 40 overs :facepalm:

Fizz is going to be an issue considering its the same pitch.

Have a feeling BD will win

Basit Ali syndrome lol. I know they can beat. They have come close to beating a few times only to falter at the end. India is under the pump not for finding a spot in semis. Their integrity questioned by some. They were questioned for favoritism. There are lot of things that need to happen to keep this loss against England a distant memory. Rohit and Kohli are their biggest headaches. If they get rid of them soon they can even sense a victory as BD has a better balanced batting line up than India. If somehow the pitch is not that bowler friendly like y day BD will keep it close. Having said that even with Jason Roy and Bairstow absolutely going nuts, India missing an obvious edge, despite chasing a big total came close enough. Don't expect India to roll over.

Hopefully non believers are smashed and get punished for the sin they committed in the game against England.
They will surely get what they deserve and will be knocked out of the world cup.

Since when did it become a SIN to lose a game of cricket against a superior team?

Guys people are entitled to have an opinion and so does [MENTION=90888]Itachi[/MENTION]

I will be curious to know what criteria BD need to fulfill in order to be considered deserving of SF spot in the future tournaments.

Many people feel BD is not deserving because although they have same number of wins as Pak, none of their wins have come against table toppers. India won against Aus, lost to Eng and would have probably won against NZ. Aus Won against NZ and Eng and lost to India. Pak won against Eng and NZ. So it is fair to say although BD and Pak have same points, Pak might be more deserving candidate to be in SF. But finally if someone makes it in this format, they would have had to win atleast four wins. So can't say they are not deserving, may be less deserving :)

Also, somehow BD has not developed the tournament culture compared to Ind, Pak and SL. ALl three won big tournaments fairly early in LOIs, although they played tests for long time except SL. May be that could also be the reason most don't rate BD. But i personally feel they are doing great and will develop a lot better in future. But as a BD fan be ready to see a dip once your golden generation goes and it will be shame if your golden generation retires without any major trophies

That's a joke. Shakibs hundred against Eng, Mushfiqs hundred against AUS were just for padding stats. They were never in the hunt. Bangla bowling is bad and India's bowlers dont have many bad games. If BD bats first, it will be a good game. If India bats first, the game will be one sided.

Guys people are entitled to have an opinion and so does [MENTION=90888]Itachi[/MENTION]

I will be curious to know what criteria BD need to fulfill in order to be considered deserving of SF spot in the future tournaments.

Provocative opinion will sometimes generate aggressive response. It is natural.

His comment was not provocative to me though. It was just stupid. He thinks he is really smart when he is just an idiot. Better to ignore probably.

Last edited:
That's a joke. Shakibs hundred against Eng, Mushfiqs hundred against AUS were just for padding stats. They were never in the hunt. Bangla bowling is bad and India's bowlers dont have many bad games. If BD bats first, it will be a good game. If India bats first, the game will be one sided.

Agree with you here. Shakib's ton against England was useless because BD stopped trying (target was too high). If India bats first and posts 350+, game over for BD.

1. I am not trolling nor my "hate" against Bangladesh team is exposed. I openly say, Bangladesh is the team I dislike due to the lack of gravity from the players. When I see Bangladesh playing, I feel some teenagers playing gully cricket where they do think any type of reaction is OK. On international level, I expect professional players to maintain some level of respect towards the game and sorry, the nagin dance just doesn't cut it. "Hate" will be a strong word but dislike will be more appropriate.

2. There will always be some deserving candidates. In exams, interviews you will always feel some people have the edge over others. It doesn't mean the deserving candidates will always get the job. But more probability is, they will. Here, India and Pakistan has more probability of winning against Bangladesh than Bangladesh against these two teams. This statement alone is enough to conclude that these two teams deserve to be champion rather than a team who defeats a top team once in a blue moon and congratulations are flying everywhere.

3. Getting personal with calling stupid is not something that suits a veteran respected poster in pp. Kindly avoid these kind of words here as you will be encouraging others to follow the same path.

Thank you.

Liked your fall back tactics - yes, your post needed it. Let me respond your points, so that I don't need to do it again.

1. No, Bangladeshi players have the same gravity like other players, as per the definition of physics. Bangladesh players are among the most educated and gentle players around. Yes, there are individuals which doesn't feel into that category, but there are players like Tamim, Mahmud, Miraz, Mustafiz, Liton, Soumya.... as well. It's foolish to generalize any team for individuals.

Bangladesh players are among the most respectful players around - forget about Indian or Pakistani Captain, some of the Aussie or English players have lot to learn from few Bangladeshi players about on field manners - but again, I don't want to generalize here.

Coming to Nagin dance, this is something becoming boring now. Some of you are trying the old Joseph Goebbels tactics - keep repeating a lie unless it's established. For your case - keep referring a false allegation until the accused accepts - it won't happen. Trust me, I have kept the explanation of "Nagin Dance" copied here, It won't take me longer to copy & paste, you are wasting time for something you have read several times.

Here is for once again, which should stop you wasting our time in future - Nagin Dance is personal celebration of Nazmul, which he is entitled for, as long as it's not abusive of suggestive (vulgar). Hathura being BD Coach for three years knew this and he instigated quite a silly staff among his players - mocking Bangladesh players after SRL had won a game or two. Still, it wasn't a big issue and in 1st game of Nidahas trophy Bangladesh players restrained from abusing SRL .... until it was over used by SRL players and their fans. BD players just returned the compliment after the controversial game. That was for a particular purpose and for a short period - it wasn't used for any other team, neither repeated in Asia Cup, won't be either in future if Lankans had learned their lesson.

On contrary, it was quite shallow for your favorite AFGs to mock BD players after winning T20 games with that Nagin dance, which you must not have noticed ..... don't worry, next time if you again "dislike" BD team for the "Nagin dance" saga, I'll remind you about this post.

2. There is always deserving candidates, and always there will be some less deserving candidates getting the job - that's life. But, there still remains a question - who determines about who is deserving .... a competitive exam/interview .... or an internet troll? I guess, it's safer to say that candidates who scores more in competitive exam deserves more .... what a random troll thinks hardly matters.

I agree with your last comment here IND has a higher probability of winning against BD, not sure about PAK though - unless they win next game, they'll end with a clean sweep of 0-5 between two World Cups; for your "probability", I hope PAK players do win it.

No, probability doesn't determine who deserves what - than SAF should be in SF now and IND-ENG should play the Finals, or may be ENG should get the trophy .... we have been wasting past 7 weeks time here.

No, Bangladesh doesn't win against top teams once in a blue moon - and even so, they deserve SF (& congrats as well) if they make it among top 4 of the table.

Accept, you "Probability" logic doesn't "deserve" more attention here, otherwise I'll keep wasting my & your time. That part was a bit uncalled for - particularly from someone "impressed" by the talented efforts of Afghans in this WC. You think, people are dumb here not to expose double standards? Get a life and don't try to invent new "deserving by probability" formula - a Nobel isn't waiting for you.

3. That's quite nice of you - expected as well, I am sure this time you had read your own post before responding.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people feel BD is not deserving because although they have same number of wins as Pak, none of their wins have come against table toppers. India won against Aus, lost to Eng and would have probably won against NZ. Aus Won against NZ and Eng and lost to India. Pak won against Eng and NZ. So it is fair to say although BD and Pak have same points, Pak might be more deserving candidate to be in SF. But finally if someone makes it in this format, they would have had to win atleast four wins. So can't say they are not deserving, may be less deserving :)

Also, somehow BD has not developed the tournament culture compared to Ind, Pak and SL. ALl three won big tournaments fairly early in LOIs, although they played tests for long time except SL. May be that could also be the reason most don't rate BD. But i personally feel they are doing great and will develop a lot better in future. But as a BD fan be ready to see a dip once your golden generation goes and it will be shame if your golden generation retires without any major trophies
Yes, it’s a shame our best ever batting lineup has been accompanied by absolutely toothless bowling.

Yup, if india bat's first no chance for BD to win

Bangladesh should play for NRR if they bowl first. No chance whatsoever they will be getting anything from this game if that happens. Try to reduce the margin of defeat, so that they are in a good frame of mind going into the Pakistan game.

If they bat first, things can get interesting. India cannot chase 300+ even against Bangladeshi bowlers.

I agree many things of your post - but you are telling me that a side losing to this hopeless WIN side inside 35 overs deserves more than BD, even if they finish lower on the table? Or a side playing at home to conditions tailor made for them, still lost to 6th & 9th ranked team when condition was slightly against their strength, deserves more than a team that might leap frog them in points table? Come on - where is the "spirit of supporting underdogs", that flows in abundance when AFG talent is on show?

For your 2nd para, doesn't it's applicable for IND of 1983 as well? Playing out 60 overs for 135/3 chasing 334 in 1975, losing to associates SRL in 1979 ....... does that make IND less deserving in 1983?

Yaar, what some of you are trying to do is giving justification to an absolute sh!tty post, because I used quite harsh/"unsophisticated" words; AND trust me, I have done that deliberately, so that it ends early. For that, one thing I have learned from PP is that I can give the best cricket explanations from tactical, technical or historical perspectives, and most of you will appreciate that was well - unfortunately, it'll entice more trolling, because the purpose is trolling, not cricket.

Best wishes for tomorrow's game - after 3 days break, and 3 weeks vacation approved, I am "not expected" to watch tomorrow's game even in CI :( My boss is a German-Canadian, who in learning cricket from me .... trust me, our boys has an easier task tomorrow.

Minnows vs giant. Bangladesh should have had win earlier matches in order to keep their hopes alive.... Even though with this immature team, they shouldn't be in SF of a wc, sometimes fluke does happen.

England or Pakistan will always be THE deserving candidate for SF. I'll prefer losing against England or Pakistan in SF rather than winning against Bangladesh in SF because at least in those cases, the quality of the tournament will be intact and someone just didn't enter SF because some teams had off day.

Bro your comments are derogatory towards a team out of personal dislike. As an indian to another indian, i understand where the dislike comes from but still calling them "minnow" and stating that they don't deseve the SF spot is just being petty at this point. If you honestly have watched this WC, they have out performed even some of our expectations.

"the quality of the tournament will be intact and someone just didn't enter SF because some teams had off day" - This comment makes no sense if you think Pakistan deserves a semi-final shot. That would mean England had an off day with both Pakistan and SriLanka? Instead of Pakistan and Bangladesh, it would have been England and SouthAfrica fighting for that last spot. Your bias comments makes no sense here. Make up your mind homie.

There is a good chance we lose out of contention for the semis today. WI, SL, SA, Afghan have all been eliminated before us.

But, considering a couple of key important points here:

1) Barring Afghanistan, Bangladesh is the only team that has not toured England in a while. We last toured them 9 years back. India, Pak, WI have toured them recently, others have played full series here as well. Only thing working in our favor was being able to play the Champions Trophy.

2) March 15 Christchurch attack: A good chunk of our team were in the vicinity of the christchurch mosque attack where they might not have been shot at but they saw dead bodies lying around as well as heard gunshot. The boys still might have a bit of trauma in him.

Hopefully our boys play their A game. We need to play better than we have played in the entire tournament in order to beat India today. Difficult but very much possible. Let's hope we win the toss too :D

I think it will be a great game today. Bangladesh is a solid team and can definitely beat India. India may be favourites but they have weaknesses that BD (and everyone at this point) is aware of. Those underestimating BD and calling them names are naive and not to be paid attention to. BD is on rise and they just need a few match winning bowlers to get them counted amongst top 3. India should bench Jadhav and play DK/Jadeja.

Stop posting personal and irrelevant stuff on this thread.

Bangladesh has a better record against India in world cups than Pakistan has. Bangladesh has defeated India in world cup once ! I have not forgotten the date. It was 17 march 2007. Hopefully today the better team will perform better and win.

India may have better players, but Bangladesh has a better team combination. There middle and lower middle order batting is miles ahead than India and they have great variety in terms of batsmen with different capabilities. Finally when stuck against the wall they will show better fight than all teams in this cup except Australia.

Bangladesh has more batsmen than us lol. We need to bowl well. They have a couple of left handers too.

TBH ban middle order is far better than us. Still don't know whey always choke against us. Failing to chase 2 runs of 3balls. Scoring 58 while chasing 105 in odi, can't defend 5 runs of 1st ball.. Hope this continues..

TBH ban middle order is far better than us. Still don't know whey always choke against us. Failing to chase 2 runs of 3balls. Scoring 58 while chasing 105 in odi, can't defend 5 runs of 1st ball.. Hope this continues..

BD has conversion issues. Also they rarely handle higher asking rate well against better bowlingunit

If BD bats first game on for me India can’t chase above par score or for instance no one can chase above par in pressure World Cup games

All the best Bangladeshi brothers. I will be happy if we make it to the semies but if we don't and Bangladesh does, i will be happy then as well.

Pakistan should still hope for an Indian win i feel like. If Bangladesh loses today, they can’t qualify which means they won’t go the extra mile against Pakistan in hopes of qualifying.

• India have won four matches on the bounce versus Bangladesh in men’s One Day
Internationals; they have tasted victory in eight of their last 10 against the Tigers.
• Bangladesh and India have faced off three times before in ICC Men’s Cricket World
Cup matches; the Tigers winning the first such encounter in 2007 before India
registered back-to-back wins over the men in the green (2011 & 2015).
• Bangladesh and India have faced off once before in a men’s ODI at Edgbaston;
India recording a comprehensive nine-wicket victory at ICC Champions Trophy 2017
with Rohit Sharma hitting an unbeaten 123 and Virat Kohli an unbeaten 96 for the
victors.
• Bangladesh have played three previous men’s ODIs at Edgbaston, losing all three of
them; tasting defeat to India, England and South Africa at the Birmingham venue.
• India’s defeat last time out versus England was only their second in their most recent
18 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup matches (W16); the other loss coming at the hands
of Australia in the 2015 semi-final.
• Bangladesh’s last game against Afghanistan saw Shakib Al Hasan become only the
second man ever to score a half-century and take a five-wicket haul in an ICC
Men’s Cricket World Cup fixture (Yuraj Singh v Ireland, 2011), it was also the first 5-
wicket haul for a Bangladesh player in an ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup match.
• Virat Kohli requires a score of 35 to become the leading run scorer in men’s ODIs at
Edgbaston, the India skipper averages 154.5 at the venue from six innings.
• Virat Kohli (India) has posted more runs in men’s ODIs between Bangladesh and India
than any other batsman; he’s managed to score 654 runs across his 11 knocks
against the Tigers, doing so at an average of 82.
• Tamim Iqbal is in line to make his 200th ODI appearance for Bangladesh; he’ll
become only the fourth man to record that many caps for the Tigers (Mashrafe
Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim & Shakib Al Hasan being the others).
• In India’s most recent game (against England) Yuzvendra Chahal returned the most
expensive bowling figures ever by an Indian player in an ICC Men’s Cricket World
Cup match, his 10 overs going for 88 runs.

View attachment 93334

Bumrah needs a five-wicket haul against Bangladesh to become the joint-fastest Indian bowler to take 100 ODI wickets along with Mohammed Shami. If manages to pick up 5 wickets against Bangladesh then He would become joint 6th fastest to 100 wickets overall along with Trent Boult (56) and Mohammed Shami (56).

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...sive-record/story-LKQL822Ryl9hnAMDfQRsUM.html

There is a talk of playing both Bhuvi & Jadeja in place of Chahal & Jadhav.

Bumrah is on 94 ODI wickets? wow... It feels like he has just started ODI career.

I should follow cricket more often :jimmy

Sabbir playing for Riyadh :facepalm: Oh man

Mashrafee Sabbir and Rubel - Three deadweights in the team now

Dinesh Karthik brought in the team as the opposition is Bangladesh.

I can't listen to this Lakshman guy speaking English in his typical Telugu accent! And his points are absolustely boring. Mayanti has better cricketing knowledge than this boring man! I can listen to her all day.

Its about time viewers were shown when the coin actually lands.how do we know who won the toss.

Another used pitch. Poor planning by the ICC. Not sure why this match is being played at Edgbaston soon after Sunday.

Bangladesh to their credit have fared decently in this tournament. They should be happy if they end up beating either India or Pakistan and leave the tournament on a good note.

It will be funny if India lose their remaining matches and has to rely on NRR to bail them against Pakistan and NZ ...
on second thoughts .. No it’s not funny .. India please win ...

Another used pitch. Poor planning by the ICC. Not sure why this match is being played at Edgbaston soon after Sunday.

England aren't playing and India have ATG spinners so ... yeah .. Everything being done to make sure India wins.

India have no where to go if Bangladesh attack Chahal and Hardik.. gamble playing with only 4 players who can bowl..

India won the toss and opt to bat

Capture.JPG

One of the spinner is not playing. Had it been done for India, we would have included both spinners.

Bangladesh would have surely chosen to chase if they won the toss? Their strength is batting and they won't trust their bowlers to pick up wickers while bowling second to India?

Back