3. [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=141246]anikrc1[/MENTION]

Players must have played at least one test, and debuted after Jan 1 1970.

The total tests of all players one ones team must not exceed 700. Use espn to find no. of tests as different sites can give different no.s

<iframe width='900' height='480' frameborder='0'src='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MU3Bfi5VwYHrNDw0FFYJRJ4FmzFjW6Rkb0GMZgR0LHw/edit#gid=0&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION], [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], will you be drafting together?

[MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION], [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], will you be drafting together?

I haven't got his response yet but he already had a partner in last draft [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION].

I haven't got his response yet but he already had a partner in last draft [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION].

Sorry, mixed up you and last_knight

have 9 currently, as holding for [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]. One more participant to come

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

Still think the budget and players prices according to bowling/batting averages would have been more interesting. Not sure capped tests would make it any different to the previous test draft. All one has to do is pick a couple of 1940's/50's players who played very few tests or someone like Barry Richards/Mike procter and then can pick anyone without having to worry about the number of tests played.

Guys, I'll opt out this time, a little busy over the next few days. Let's get some other users in this time ;-)

1. TherealAB
2. Thunderbolt14
3. Madgenius
4. FC
5. JS
6. AB Fan
7. Anikrc1
8. Andy0204
9. FDP

So, 9 names in. [MENTION=8973]mohaN[/MENTION] must confirm again to make it ten. Think I haven't missed anyone.

Still think the budget and players prices according to bowling/batting averages would have been more interesting. Not sure capped tests would make it any different to the previous test draft. All one has to do is pick a couple of 1940's/50's players who played very few tests or someone like Barry Richards/Mike procter and then can pick anyone without having to worry about the number of tests played.

Completely agree. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] ,including only post 70s cricketer will make this better,otherwise it will be a copy of the last draft.

interesting idea. The issue for me is all-rounders, and how they should be counted in terms of bowling. Alternatively it could be total runs and wickets which would make that easier

Completely agree. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] ,including only post 70s cricketer will make this better,otherwise it will be a copy of the last draft.

Good idea. That sounds like fun.
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] could you please edit the OP. Also, can you please state that a player has to have played tests, to stop clive rice OP

Last edited:
interesting idea. The issue for me is all-rounders, and how they should be counted in terms of bowling. Alternatively it could be total runs and wickets which would make that easier

All rounders would cost double. So someone like Imran Khan with sub 25 bowling avg and 35+ batting avg would be quite expensive

1. TherealAB
2. Thunderbolt14
3. Madgenius
4. FC
5. JS
6. AB Fan
7. Anikrc1
8. Andy0204
9. FDP

So, 9 names in. [MENTION=8973]mohaN[/MENTION] must confirm again to make it ten. Think I haven't missed anyone.
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] is confirmed in

All rounders would cost double. So someone like Imran Khan with sub 25 bowling avg and 35+ batting avg would be quite expensive

What would you define as an AR. E.g. is Greg Chappell an all rounder. What about Alistair Cook with the boiwling average of 7

Good idea. That sounds like fun.
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] could you please edit the OP. Also, can you please state that a player has to have played tests, to stop clive rice OP

Changed.

Let me know when you have the detailed rules and the order sorted out and I'll update and create the spreadsheet.

What would you define as an AR. E.g. is Greg Chappell an all rounder. What about Alistair Cook with the boiwling average of 7

Batsmen with average of 25+ and bowlers with average under 35 should only be qualified and we can put several criteria in it and define the cost, what say?

Last edited:

Part timers with abnormal bowling averages could be excluded from AR's list by having some criteria like anyone with less than a wicket per match won't be considered an AR?

good ideas [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION], Ab Fan. How about the batting averages of all players are counted, while only bowlers with more than a wicket/match are counted. Total batting average has to be < 350, and the bowling average has to be > 100. Thoughts?

1. TherealAB
2. Thunderbolt14
3. Madgenius
4. FC
5. JS
6. AB Fan
7. Anikrc1
8. Andy0204
9. FDP

Yes I am in, thanks.

good ideas [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION], Ab Fan. How about the batting averages of all players are counted, while only bowlers with more than a wicket/match are counted. Total batting average has to be < 350, and the bowling average has to be > 100. Thoughts?

Or we can have something like this:

Budget-and-Points-allocation.png

So I am assuming that "players after 1970" means players who debuted after 1970, which means nobody can pick Gary Sobers for example.

Or we can have something like this:

Budget-and-Points-allocation.png

good, although I think the budget could be a but lower. Also, budget should be the same no matter what no. of all rounders is. If a player is worth points for both categories, they count for both

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] is this ever going to begin?

Order

1. [MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=141246]anikrc1[/MENTION]

Players must have played at least one test, and debuted after Jan 1 1970. The total tests of all players one ones team must not exceed 700. Use espn to find no. of tests as different sites can give different no.s
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] could you please insert this post, and a spreadsheet, into the OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Will 700 be enough or shouldn't we make it as 800?Afterall, we don't want any of our modern era players go unpicked.

One we know. Looking forward to other Ten in Bhaijaan XI.

Bhaijaan XI has earned the distinct reputation of being the most anticipated XI during the drafts.

It has only been possible by resisting the temptation to going with the popular opinion and instead focussing on assembling a truly gifted team of great, exciting and larger than life personalities

[MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION], start the proceedings...

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] just email [MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION],tell him draft has begun and it's turn.

Think we should start with some other posters, no point waiting longer.

Weekdays anyways will be slower.

Anyway, Bhaijaan XI are #2 in the draft and i am very certain no one here is crazy enought to waste 200 test matches on one pick so if i am not around please pick my guy for me. You know who he is. :))

[MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION] you are online,it's your turn please select the player.

:))) [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] I’m very excited for your team

Rules are that we skip people who don’t respond within 24 hours I believe. So the pick will be freelance cricketer

That time was reduced to 12 hours I think before the start of ODI draft but the problem here is that this is the first pick of the draft. Also, not sure if everyone else is aware of the draft being started.

Tbh he was online and didn’t make his pick, it’s also been more than 12 hours. I don’t see the issue with skipping and he can make his pick as soon as he gets online

Ladies & Gentlemen, the 1st draft pick of another draft (twice in a row), arguably the greatest cricketer who ever lived, the one and only, The Great SACHIN TENDULKAR

_20180425_000207-770x750.jpg

Lulz 200 out of the 700 tests allowed for the entire team gone right there :))

Brave and Gutsy pic from our Bhaijaan but SRT is the greatest test batsmen since 1970s for me as well till date.

Thanks my dear brother.

There is no greater joy than seeing this man in my XI. It immediately forms a personal bond with the XI.

I feel more invested in the draft this way.

To each their own, but at Bhaijaan XI, we will live a bold life.

Back