Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 1 [Update Thread]

banana_246 said:
I dont know why ur getting so angry. All I said was Pakistans weakness in technique showed today, and they struggle against pace bowling (Just like NZ). It's quite true.
He's annoyed b/c your pseudo diplomatic approach doesn't hide your true intentions, nor the clearly obvious smirk you maintain while typing.

Just b/c you attempt to disguise a dig as an actual cricket critique, doesn't mean we forget about the bs you consistently spew forth on that other forum, and in previous posts on PP.

We know who you are, where you are coming from, and what you seek.

But hey, good try.

Daoud said:
When he dropped 3 catches in the previous test, it only makes things worse. Drop him out of the team, out of a plane, off a cliff, something...

Just throw him into space. Should do us all a favour.

the Great Khan said:
cmon make em play ...sami has again left his brain in karachi!!

Bingo look at how many time harmison and especially hoggard made the batsman play and miss with the new ball

Alibhai said:
He's annoyed b/c your pseudo diplomatic approach doesn't hide your true intentions, nor the clearly obvious smirk you maintain while typing.

Just b/c you attempt to disguise a dig as an actual cricket critique, doesn't mean we forget about the bs you consistently spew forth on that other forum, and in previous posts on PP.

We know who you are, where you are coming from, and what you seek.

But hey, good try.

yaar give him a break

Pakistan need to block these singles. Take half chances of catches coiming their way, take wickets and put pressure on england. Rameez raja should stop commentating. I am not impressed by his negative approach, he said that pakistan and india have similar conditions back home but india performs better on bouncy wickets ! Ya right rameez, having a go at pakistan for bad technique on bouncy wickets.

what the hell kamran misses to take the ball and it goes for 4 byes !

you know were lucky freddie wasnt playing or God knows what the score would have been..not much better probably..cmon lads lets get some wickets!!

invincible said:
do i hear an excuse ?? :28: :28:

No not a excuse, a chance missed. We don't make excuses like english and indians. Cause english and indians are bad losers.

Bilsher007 said:
having a go at pakistan for bad technique on bouncy wickets.
comon mate ... u've gotta agree to what he said ... pak have been surviving all these years thanks to their amazing bowling line up ... now that their main string bowlers are injured, it shows up how weak they are as a team ...

as we speak - good shot by strauss ...

Bilsher007 said:
No not a excuse, a chance missed. We don't make excuses like english and indians. Cause english and indians are bad losers.
no need to blame others mate ... i dont think i gave any excuses despite indian failures ... some might ... but there are sour grapes everywhere ...

PlanetPakistan said:
yaar give him a break
Done deal.

It's the first comment i've ever made toward him on any forum, so I guess that qualifies under 'break given'.

This doesn't mean I have to continue to sit idle and watch him play the glasses wearing, neat-haired innocent victim.

according to a cricinfo commentator:

The pitch here is under the spotlight and it does not look to be good enough for a Test. The sideways movement is fine, but the bounce is too inconsistent. Panesar’s third ball crept along the ground while others have flown head high. If this was a county match the pitch inspectors would be heading up the M6.

sami not using the bounce of the pitch effectively ... the english openers are the backbone of their batting line up ... once they are dismissed - i think half of the job is done ... the other half lies in pieterson's dismissal :)

Sami bowling great deliveries to trescothick. Invisible man just buzz off for now. Indians nad english are the worst cry babies around.

Bilsher007 said:
Sami bowling great deliveries to trescothick. Invisible man just buzz off for now. Indians nad english are the worst cry babies around.

bilsher bhai no need to take shots at invincible he hasn't said anything wrong

Bilsher007 said:
touched a nerve i see ... but in all honesty - i meant no offence ...

neways - signing off on ur request ...

So what if it wasn't out ? Hey every lil bit counts, who knows the umpire might have called it, if there was fly running towards his eye or something.

Much better line by Sami in this over. Good attempted yorker to finish the over, but Trescothick deals with it easily

the picth maybe a bit dodgy but you still have to put the balls in the right area's..sami just isnt good enough..

Stop the 'india v pak' thing, what does that have to do with today?
Gosh. Men are so stupid.

I can't believe pakistan choose to bat first on this bouncy track. Gul needs to do what he did 2 years ago against india at lahore and sami needs to show his worth, do or die for him this match. Our bowlers need to hole us out from this situation INSHALLAH.

Still no wicket. But who am I kidding? How are we gonna get one with crap bowling and dropped catches. Thats 4 for Imran Farhat in this series!!!

invincible said:
touched a nerve i see ... but in all honesty - i meant no offence ...

neways - signing off on ur request ...

Invisible man just wait when india will have a miserable i will be the first to be rubbing salt and red chillies into your wounds i promise you. Just for for that day.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
I do not think so in fact it is harder being taller and as a keeper as your reactions are naturally not as fast

Keeper has an astoundingly difficult job, and our Kami has done phenomenally well in both forms of the game. Its just that everyone has bad days

according to a cricinfo commentator:

The pitch here is under the spotlight and it does not look to be good enough for a Test. The sideways movement is fine, but the bounce is too inconsistent. Panesar’s third ball crept along the ground while others have flown head high. If this was a county match the pitch inspectors would be heading up the M6.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Keeper has an astoundingly difficult job, and our Kami has done phenomenally well in both forms of the game. Its just that everyone has bad days
Or bad series?

just goes to show what may have been if farhat had held on to the catch and if strauss was out

And the boundary haul continues...

England 26/0

Most of the scoring done by the extras and Strauss

Strauss 15*
Trescothick 1*

Pepsi™ said:
Still no wicket. But who am I kidding? How are we gonna get one with crap bowling and dropped catches. Thats 4 for Imran Farhat in this series!!!

Bowling's not too bad, it's just not as good as it needs to be.

what rot
just cos batsmen didnt get it all their own way
up to pak batsmen to adjust to a fast wicket - they couldnt at perth either

Back