Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 1 [Update Thread]

zMario said:
Hmmm, can Razzaq get a wicket?

Quite possibly.. but they need to hurry up and get Kaneria on there before England get too many runs.

UsmanCHADDA said:
England have too strong a batting line-up to be intimidated by our bowling attack

actually with jones in bad form and without plunkett they have a longer tail then at lords...

Abdul Razzaq to Cook, no run, Razzaq is struggling to find his line to left handers. Last over he was all leg side, this time its outside off (cric info)

umarbeast said:
I don't mind losing this game as long as Sami is kicked out of the team.

you know i really do not like these type of comments. We need to back whatever XI we have and it really it is not Sami's fault he could've easily had 2 wickers by now.

Kaneria on now. Interesting period now for Pakistan. If he doesnt strike, I have no idea who will! An ordinary spinner like Panesar picked 3 wickets today...lets see what Dani does

even though afridi played like crap he did score the third highest score in the innings

England in quite a good position

49/1 in 15 overs

Strauss 29*
Cook 5*

Sami 1/16 (wkt of Trescothick)

And its tea. Session, and the day so far belong to England. Pak have to pick up at lease 2 more wickets today to be somehwat satisfied. But 3 or 4 would be great.

write off harmy at ur peril, an amazing performance and an amazing team. If we get to 300 we will win the test.

jonnyboy21 said:
write off harmy at ur peril, an amazing performance and an amazing team. If we get to 300 we will win the test.

Mixture of good bowling and pathetic, careless batting by us. Harmison was mostly spraying the ball around. The bounce was just too intimidating and that was the main reason why we collapsed

How many times our middle order the Inzamams and Yousafs have to save us. It is a law of the averages and sometimes Something's Gotta give

This is only Day one.........we have rain predicted and pakistan's fighting spirit.........even if we lose.....2 more tests remain and we can still win both

You know what, if I didn't sign up to write the Day's review, then I wouldn't be up still watching our murder

CricketJunoon said:
How many times our middle order the Inzamams and Yousafs have to save us. It is a law of the averages and sometimes Something's Gotta give

I agree. Our middle-order was due a failure after terrific performances over the past couple of years. IMO the top order has to deliver, Farhat has to be dropped now. 3 innings which have produced absolutely nothing and 4 catches in the series already

zMario said:
You know what, if I didn't sign up to write the Day's review, then I wouldn't be up still watching our murder

Aw poor guy! So how will you describe Pakistan's atrocious performance today?

STOP THE SAMI BASHING!!!

Please people give the guy a rest. He got a wicket, what else do you want. In fact he got two, Farhat just didn't want to take the catch.

I am honestly starting to think that either Sami and Farhat are very bad freinds or Strauss, COllingwood, and Cook have given him a fairly good deal

UsmanCHADDA said:
Aw poor guy! So how will you describe Pakistan's atrocious performance today?
I don't know - I have a good mind of going to sleep and submitting Cricinfo's Bulletin, I'm thinking about it

Players coming back from tea, INSHALLAH pakistan will get atleast 3 or 4 wickets. Go Pakistan.

ShowStopper said:
:)) what happened Guys?

Well...uh...we have just embarassed ourselves infront of a packed Old Trafford crowd :) Thats all that has happened

Ok on to the final session now. Hope we do good

Pakistan are either really recharged to get some wickets, or just looking bleak.

I'll take the latter.

Back