Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 1 [Update Thread]

Even crap balls take wickets. Haramisons was a nothing ball.

btw, i am not superstitious. Just look at the record, whenever we come towards a interval, we can't keep calm. Just look back to the lords test.

oh wait Younis got out too? Whats going on here?

Man Afridi really needs to do something today...

Dear Wrist Slitters,

Have a cup of Pakistani chai (or maybe a sweet lassi) and relax. We will win this match.

Yours faithfully,
Hash

Two bad shots in row... :(

We were all set to take the first session honours at 90 some for 2, but no...

:( :(

Pepsi™ said:
panesar will get murdered by yousuf on this ptich

MURDERED
Yeah ... right !!! :))) :))) :)))

no offence guyz ... but it seems a bit weird now, doesn't it ?? :D

Miandad's bhanja Faithal really has his job set up for him. Scoring a century on a pitch where the whole team before him had racked up a score of over 50 against a poor attack is one thing, this will be a totally different situation. I hope Im wrong but it was very stupid to sacrifice Butt and Kamran for Faisal

aamir said:
Two bad shots in row... :(

We were all set to take the first session honours at 90 some for 2, but no...

:( :(
Sigh, now what oh what will we do

Now you see why I don't rate Younis as highly as many on here do

And its lunch...Even with Pak's long line up..they're in huge trouble. They could very well be bundeled out today...

Hash said:
Dear Wrist Slitters,

Have a cup of Pakistani chai (or maybe a sweet lassi) and relax. We will win this match.

Yours faithfully,
Hash

here here....

Ok I've worked it out

If Inzy and Iqbal score 100s, Pakistan get to

293/4

if Razzaq scores a 100, and Afridi a 100, then Pakistan get to 493/6!

Nearly 500 runs - easily done!

tsktsktsk...people on cricbuzz continue to accuse yousuf, inzi, and myk of flat track bullying...such ignorance!

Pepsi™ said:
tsktsktsk...people on cricbuzz continue to accuse yousuf, inzi, and myk of flat track bullying...such ignorance!
People on Cricbuzz are dumb, and need to get lives, and most of them are Indians!

zMario said:
Ok I've worked it out

293/4

:23: :23: :23:

pretty sure some more adjustments are due ... :D

zMario said:
Ok I've worked it out

293/4

heh minus about 250 and id say thats about right

oh man i missed the last 10 mintues!
and guess what both Yousuf and Younis are gone!!

come on guys 250....that's all i ask for!

After two early setbacks, we were looking comfortable at 90/2. But Panesar struck perhaps the most important blow to Pakistan. Why did Younis play the cut shot fully knowing that he was dealing with Harmison and only 5 balls were left to lunch?! Not good thinking by our two premiere batsmen.

Hopefuly Inzi and Faisal can bring some stability and provide a good base on which Afridi could build on

Big Mac said:
Now you see why I don't rate Younis as highly as many on here do

how many times does this guya have to prove people like you wrong???
the bloke has been a consiustent scorer for pakistan and is in the 10 ten test ranking...

Daoud said:
Miandad's bhanja Faithal really has his job set up for him. Scoring a century on a pitch where the whole team before him had racked up a score of over 50 against a poor attack is one thing, this will be a totally different situation. I hope Im wrong but it was very stupid to sacrifice Butt and Kamran for Faisal

Id like to know why are you against Faisal. All this has happened because Pakistan did not want to keep Afridi out and still want a long batting line up.

Imagine Afridi at 6...lol
Afridi needs to be dropped.

Salman and Farhat should have opened after their good batting in the tour game.

Butt , Farhat , Younis , Yousuf , Inzy , Faisal , Akmal, Razzaq/Nazir , Gul , Sami , Kaneria

zMario said:
You guys aren't taking the positive approach - WE CAN STILL WIN THIS GAME!

yes but we will have to pull something of a karachi in our bowling performance and get a lead somehow after the first pair of innings are completed

The_Cricket_Devil said:
yes but we will have to pull something of a karachi in our bowling performance and get a lead somehow after the first pair of innings are completed
without asif and akhtar

IMMY69 said:
the bloke has been a consiustent scorer for pakistan and is in the 10 ten test ranking...

Yet another example of how flawed the rankings are isn't it?

When he manages to score a decent amount of runs against a team not called India then I'll think about revising my opinion of him.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
No, we need a Kandy (Asif bowling SL out for 79!)

IMMY69 said:
flat tack bully

Oh surprise surprise. The whingers are out.

Younis is one of the best batsman in the world. Those calling him flat track bullies don't know what they are babbling on about. He can only score runs on the pitches he plays on. And he never looked in any bother whatsoever today on a pitch which is by no means flat. He just got out due to a rush of blood.......NOTHING to do with the pitch.

Anyway...93 for 4 and yes it is England's session. Amazing how 2 overs can swing a test (another thing for the wrist slitters to learn). Inzi is still there and once again we are going to need something big from him. Faisal is a fighter and he will need to hang around as well. Razzy and Afridi will both deliver in this innings.

We get 250+ and towards 300 and I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that we will win this match (bar the weather ofcoarse)

inzidabest said:
Id like to know why are you against Faisal. All this has happened because Pakistan did not want to keep Afridi out and still want a long batting line up.

Imagine Afridi at 6...lol
Afridi needs to be dropped.

Salman and Farhat should have opened after their good batting in the tour game.

Butt , Farhat , Younis , Yousuf , Inzy , Faisal , Akmal, Razzaq/Nazir , Gul , Sami , Kaneria
When we include Sami in our 4 bowlers, Afridi is a must. Im not against Faisal but I'd prefer Afridi. However for the sake of the team I hope he does well

now we need big 100s from inzy and some fifties from lower oder batsmen

I read in paper this morning that this OT pitch may tempt Sami to take off the handbrake he left on at Lord's!

Interesting comment.

did u see that akhtar interview, yeaaaaaaaah!

he ready to gooooooo!!!!

Rana said:

he ready to gooooooo!!!!

Did you see how he ignored the question about getting married... :))

I have absolutely no doubts that Pakistan can win if they reach 300. Once again Pakistan would have acheievned nothing out of this test match looking at a long perspective.

Kamran Akmal opening..thats crazy and i suspect Inzy pushed for it more than Bob.

Rana said:

he ready to gooooooo!!!!

what did he say exactly? (for those of use who can't watch!)

Hash said:
Oh surprise surprise. The whingers are out.

Younis is one of the best batsman in the world. Those calling him flat track bullies don't know what they are babbling on about. He can only score runs on the pitches he plays on. And he never looked in any bother whatsoever today on a pitch which is by no means flat. He just got out due to a rush of blood.......NOTHING to do with the pitch.

Anyway...93 for 4 and yes it is England's session. Amazing how 2 overs can swing a test (another thing for the wrist slitters to learn). Inzi is still there and once again we are going to need something big from him. Faisal is a fighter and he will need to hang around as well. Razzy and Afridi will both deliver in this innings.

We get 250+ and towards 300 and I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that we will win this match (bar the weather ofcoarse)
Really? Good support then :D

shabbu1 said:
what did he say exactly? (for those of use who can't watch!)

basically he said that people are wrong in saying that he has recently reformed because he has always been a team man and that he is just stating the facts in that he has been a very important factor in victories for pakistan

he wants to come back asap he hates when he has to watch from the stands because he feels frustrated

Faisal Iqbal better show up, I saw his innings at Karachi but I still do not rate him. It was excruciating to see him flailing about and exposing his leg-stump at Lords. He really needs to come through.

Akhtar said that he is ready to play 2moro if he has to but thats up to the team not him!

he said that hew dont wanna get married because hes passionette about cricket and his wife will start coming between him and his cricket so therefore hes not interested

Countering Harmison has been a big problem for our batsmen. It took about 3 overs to get the first run off him, and his figures uptill then were just awesome. 3-3-0-2! And now he has snatched Younis aswell. On the other hand Sajid Mahmood, who is a similar sort of bowler, has been thrashed all over the park

As of now we are in big trouble, we will need something really special from our bowlers to bowl England out twice inorder to win the test match!

I TOLD you all that england were the better team, they can bowl out pakistan 3 times in 5 days :)))

but you all were angry with me saying that i was saying bad things about pak :))) :)))

NOW THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED......I PREDICT PAK WILL BE 225 ALL OUT MAXIMUM :D

ENGLAND WILL PROBABLY GO ON TO MAKE 400 PLUS......PAK DONT HAVE ANY FIREPOWER NOW :))) :)))

caribbean fan said:
I TOLD you all that england were the better team, they can bowl out pakistan 3 times in 5 days :)))

but you all were angry with me saying that i was saying bad things about pak :))) :)))

NOW THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED......I PREDICT PAK WILL BE 225 ALL OUT MAXIMUM :D

ENGLAND WILL PROBABLY GO ON TO MAKE 400 PLUS......PAK DONT HAVE ANY FIREPOWER NOW :))) :)))
We'll see...

How are the Windies doing now? Lost to India recently?

caribbean fan said:

:))

caribbean fan said:

remind me to laugh!

Well, if Pakistan don't lose a wicket in this session, and in the post-tea session lose only 1 wicket, I'll be somewhatly happy.

west indies b team who in england look stronger than the first team and they ask for less money than them money grabbers!

300 and Pak can win. But guys when will Inzy and Bob not be desparate and not try stupid things

West Indies Cricket

17.gif

17.gif

17.gif

Back