England (117/0) thrash USA (115) by 10 wickets to book semi-finals spot

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
On Sunday, June 23, at the Kensington Oval in Barbados, the 49th game of the current T20 World Cup 2024 will see defending champions England face off against co-hosts USA.

In the last game, pursuing a target of 181 runs, Jos Buttler & Co. smashed West Indies in their backyard to start their Super Eight campaign on a positive note. However, the former champions lost by seven runs because they were unable to match South Africa's style of play.

However, since the beginning of the Super Eight round, the debutants have not been able to get back to their winning ways despite an incredible group stage performance.

j8EgvyJ.jpeg

Squads:

England
Squad: Philip Salt, Jos Buttler(w/c), Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley, Ben Duckett, Will Jacks, Tom Hartley, Chris Jordan

United States Squad: Steven Taylor, Andries Gous(w), Nitish Kumar, Aaron Jones(c), Corey Anderson, Milind Kumar, Harmeet Singh, Shadley van Schalkwyk, Nosthush Kenjige, Ali Khan, Saurabh Netravalkar, Monank Patel, Jasdeep Singh, Nisarg Patel, Shayan Jahangir

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

On this wicket, England are going to hammer them.

USA had a nice time giving fans the moment of the tournament but now its time for these guys to back to their real jobs.

Yet another meaningless match into the supposed quarter finals arranged for this world tournament.

Things are gonna get pretty interesting after england victory here.

Jones ready to make an impact against England

Aaron Jones shared his determination to win the game against England, confident that his side will give their best to ensure the same in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024.

With a nine-wicket loss to the West Indies on June 21, USA stand on the brink of exit from the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, albeit having displayed some exceptional performances throughout the tournament, making their way into the Super Eights comfortably, by defeating Pakistan and Canada.

In Group 2 of the Super Eights, South Africa sit at the top of the table with wins against England and USA, having registered four points, whereas England and West Indies occupy the second and third spots respectively, with two points each. USA are currently at the bottom with no points to their name as of yet. Though not mathematically out of it yet, USA will need several permutations and combinations to fall their way to qualify for the next round.

Stand-in captain Aaron Jones considers their next match against England important for the side, and shared his desire to win every game when he dons the USA kit, irrespective of who the opponent is. The North American side take on England on June 23 in Barbados.

Summing up their T20 World Cup campaign and highlighting its importance in the rise of associate cricket in the USA, Jones shared, “I think the game against England is important. For me personally, every time I put on a US jersey, I want to win the game, regardless of who we're playing against.

“I think over the last couple of weeks, starting from winning the series against Bangladesh, it really and truly opened the eyes of everybody in the world, not only for US cricket, but associate cricket in general.”

“And then obviously moving on to beating Pakistan in the World Cup, and then having a close game against India and then a close game against South Africa. People know that associate cricket is on the rise I would say.”

USA will go all out against England looking to add another remarkable feat to their fairytale campaign, but Jones doesn’t feel any pressure taking on the defending champions to achieve that.

“I don't think (there) is any pressure. I think when we first started the World Cup a lot of people didn't think that we would be here right now.

"Obviously, we always believed, even before the World Cup started, that we could beat any team in the world. And as I say, every time you put on your jersey and you go and play for your country, you want to win,” stated Jones with optimism.

“So definitely we want to win the game against England and finish well, although we can't advance in the next round for sure.”

“For me personally, I will go into the game just looking to win the game and doing as best as possible as a team and me personally as well. And then let's see what happens after that.”

ICC

Another rain affected game, one of the few teams that can take on India will now be eliminated…SA have scraped through almost every game they’ve played in, can’t expect anything special from the serial chokers.

There's forecast for scattered showers. 64m and 62m square boundaries, 74m down the ground. The pitch looks dry and it's grass-less. There are a few rough patches, but nothing alarming for the batters. A good wicket to bat on.

Quite sunny at the moment but the weather forecast doesn't look that promising as the day progresses, so you can probably expect a rain-curtailed game. A win for England is most likely to guarantee them a semis spot, so let's see what we have in store. England have an explosive batting unit and a fiery pace bowling unit. USA have a big challenge ahead of them. Can they put up a fight, or will they succumb to yet another defeat? All our questions will be answered soon. Stay around for the toss and teams..

Jos Buttler: We will bowl first. An early morning start, it will be tacky to start, that's the reason to bowl. Everyone's good and getting ready, has been a quick turnaround. We got a tough game, USA have played some tough cricket. We know what we have to do. I think the boys have bowled well, hopefully today's the day.

England will look to win this game with high margin. I will follow this game. I hope USA puts up a fight

Aaron Jones: Wanted to bowl first. We are going to go hard, it's a good wicket. We are going to play fearless cricket like always. We need to be more disciplined. Going to come back stronger today.

Toss Update:

England win the toss and opt to field
Teams:

United States (Playing XI): Steven Taylor, Andries Gous(w), Nitish Kumar, Aaron Jones(c), Corey Anderson, Milind Kumar, Harmeet Singh, Shadley van Schalkwyk, Nosthush Kenjige, Ali Khan, Saurabh Netravalkar

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt, Jos Buttler(w/c), Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley

England is too powerful with bat and ball for USA. The huge gap in quality will be exposed in this game as was against West Indies. (y)

Nitish Kumar and Aaron Jones would both have to score 50+ for there to be any interest in this match

Pakistan commentators in this match too considering this was supposed to be PAK v ENG

My favorite deep fielder these days is Harry Brook. The way he takes catches, stops is gorgeous to watch.

They got what they deserved sent packing. ICC should have made sure American pitches were decent mighty Indian batting line up got bowled out within 20 overs by Pak there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey Anderson is the worst player on USA side.
USA should’ve kept Unmukt Chand and left out Corey.

I feel Andres Gaus is the most talented USA batsman. Unfortunately he is already out.

I feel Andres Gaus is the most talented USA batsman. Unfortunately he is already out.

Their mantra is keep hitting till no.11 In a way it is good. But you need to be a bit more calculative as you evolve into a regular nation. People will start reading you analyzing you. You will be finding it more difficult.

Their mantra is keep hitting till no.11 In a way it is good. But you need to be a bit more calculative as you evolve into a regular nation. People will start reading you analyzing you. You will be finding it more difficult.
What hitting?

They are going at 7.32 RPO on a batting paradise against a middling bowling attack.

USA can't afford to lose quick wickets like th last game. They need to get a partnership going. Looks like 180 plus wicket. Need to bat really good to gt there though.. Adil Rashid will be a handful though

Scotland are the most impressive associate level team by far in this World Cup.

The batting is really at par with full member teams.

This Jones guy is literally missing everything against Livingstone lol

This is hw
Scotland are the most impressive associate level team by far in this World Cup.

The batting is really at par with full member teams.

This Jones guy is literally missing everything against Livingstone lol
He is a clever bowler. He was the one who tied India down in 2022 semi final. His figures were 3 overs 19 runs agianst india.

Wow that has to be one of the worst innings by a top order batsman in this Super 8 stage.

His control percentage might be in the negative.

Back