England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 12/8/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
England 238 & 234/5 (74.0 ov)
Australia 270
England lead by 202 runs with 5 wickets remaining .
It is expected that 40 to 45 overs might be lost today due to rain . Forecast for day 5 is absolutely clear & we will have 98 overs of play .
Pitch is still playing reasonably well & i do not see Cook declaring at all . Presuming England bat for around 30-35 overs & get 100 more , Australia is likely to have around 100 overs to chase 300 odd runs on day 5 . Your predictions please ?
I think England will win the test in last 30 minutes of day 5 :)

I think England will win the test in last 30 minutes of day 5 :)

I agree with this.

It will be tight, whatever happens. Yorkshire managed to chase down 339 on this ground earlier in the summer. They didn't have to face Swann, though.

I agree with this.

It will be tight, whatever happens. Yorkshire managed to chase down 339 on this ground earlier in the summer. They didn't have to face Swann, though.

Root scored 180 on the last day and went berserk. He was dropped several times in the slips though on the way.

New ball coming. That seems to mean wickets on this deck. Hello Mr Harris.

HUGE wicket.

Now England could be cleaned up with the new ball.

What will Matty and the bowlers manage?

Ball one bounces 6 inch low, ball 2 6 inch too high. Don't want to see that if you have to bat last on this!

England are now counter-attacking Bird who looks like he is not even in the same league as Harris.

Harris is such a quality bowler, if he stayed fit he could've been better than Steyn.

tv2.jpg

Glad they didn't drop Harris for this Test. He's unplayable atm. If we can keep the Poms to about 260 it will be very difficult but doable. Any more than that will be impossible IMO even given the amount of time left.

Bird has to try and control his line and length a bit more he's starting to leak a considerable amount of runs.

Harris bowling grenades at one end. Bird bowling a nice selection of delicious pies st the other.

These young bowlers.. Starc.. Pattinson.. Bird.. are not doing well. It's the old dogs Siddle and Harris who are.

The new ball is easier for tail enders to hit but also easier to nick. Double-edged sword!

Do we have a Harris in our lineup. The pitch only seems to suit bowlers who have a shorter than full length. Only Broad has that naturally... perhaps spin?

The next innings will probably define Khawaja's career.

At times, this English batting looks like never ending. Had this been any other average attack, the bottom half of England would've feasted on it scoring heaps of runs in no time.

Brezza underlining his value to the team again. Vital knock from him, helped keep the tail together after Bell went early.

Harris into 7 overs now. 7 th wicket of the inning. 4th of the spell. Vicious bowling.

OMG Smith just dropped the Test match

Awww Bressie!

Brilliant by Lillee 2.0 here. Can he get an eightfer?

Harris and this monster spell evokes Jimymy at TB now. Terrifying.

And Anderson cant hold on for 2 more runs. I remember the days when he could hold a bat.

Farken Smith cost an extra 13 runs and he didn't even bowl

This is a long way from the England teams of my youth, when after Botham came Bob Taylor and then four #11s.

298 to win! I think Chef would have taken that at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back