ICC CT 2017 | Final : India vs Pakistan | 18th June, 2017 | The Oval | Pakistan Innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The Final: India v Pakistan

Date: Sunday June 18

Time: 10:30 BST

Venue: The Oval, London

How to watch: Link

HEAD-TO-HEAD

128 matches; India 52; Pakistan 72; no result 4

THE FORM

The mother of all battles. Cricket’s biggest showdown. In short, India v Pakistan is much more than a game, and that game just so happens to be only the second time the two sides meet in the final of a world event!

In many ways, it’s incredible that these two sides are actually meeting on this grand stage after India’s convincing triumph in the group stage, essentially forcing their rivals to go undefeated to stay alive.

But how things have changed in the two weeks since! Pakistan stunned the world’s No. 1 side in South Africa and also destroyed England, the tournament favourite. And what’s a Pakistan winning run without one of those mad scrambles, like the one that came against Sri Lanka? Out of nowhere, Pakistan has lifted itself to set a date with destiny.

India, meanwhile, have done exactly what was expected. Apart from a blip against Sri Lanka, they have been clinical and looked the team to beat in the competition. The batting has looked as strong as ever, but, incredibly, India now also have one of the best bowling attacks in world cricket.

In fact, it’s in the bowling department where there’s hardly anything to differentiate between India and Pakistan. Both sides have brilliant pacers who are backed by tidy spinners. They also have a knack of picking wickets in the middle overs – a phase of the game that has turned out to be the most crucial after the new fielding restrictions. India and Pakistan have got 18 wickets each from their four matches between overs 11 and 40.

Where India stands out though is its ability to handle pressure in big matches. In Mickey Arthur’s own words, Pakistan played the occasion last time instead of the opposition. This time, the occasion is much bigger, but Arthur has promised that their plans are based on “us” rather than “them”. If they can do that, the Edgbaston match and all the other previous encounters could well be history.

CONDITIONS

There is a reserve day for the final but it’s unlikely to be needed, for the sun has been out through the week in London and is forecast at 30 degrees tomorrow. It automatically means that teams from subcontinent will feel at home, and hopefully produce some of their best cricket.

The pitch is fresh and wasn’t used for any of the earlier games in the tournament. It makes for a fascinating contest as the conditions are batsmen-friendly, but the sides playing have the best bowling units.

THE MATCH-UP

India’s middle order v Pakistan’s middle-overs bowling.

Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli have been in such good form that the middle order has hardly been needed to bat in the competition. That could well work against India on the big day as Pakistan has been brilliant in the middle overs, getting the ball to reverse from around the 30th over. Junaid Khan, Mohammad Amir – who has been cleared fit to play – and Hasan Ali have breathed fire with the old ball, and if they can create some early inroads, India’s middle order might have a tough task in hand.

THE WILDCARDS

India:
Yuvraj Singh: He didn’t get to bat or bowl in his 300th ODI, but Pakistan will be aware of the threat that Yuvraj poses if he does get a chance. The left-hander turned the course of India’s innings, and thus the match, when he smashed a 32-ball 53 against Pakistan in Edgbaston. He’ll have a big job against a rejuvenated attack this time, but Yuvraj too is known to lift his game for big occasions.

Pakistan:
Babar Azam: Azam is among Pakistan’s biggest strengths with the bat, already making five centuries and six half-centuries in just 28 ODIs. He hasn’t made massive runs in the Champions Trophy so far, but did make crucial contributions against South Africa and England. On a batting-friendly track, Azam at No. 3 could well play a pivotal role for Pakistan.

WATCH OUT FOR…

Fakhar Zaman: The opening batsman is the difference between the Pakistan side that was destroyed by India at Edgbaston and the one that has got on a dream run since. Zaman has scores of 31, 50 and 57 at a strike-rate above 117, giving Pakistan the much needed quick starts. He’s in form, he’s daring and fearless. Just what Pakistan will need to ease its nerves on a big day.

Teams (from)

India: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (capt), Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Mohammed Shami, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav.

Pakistan: Sarfraz Ahmed (capt, wk), Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Junaid Khan, Rumman Raees.

India won the toss and elected to field.

7e81520e-d4c6-4587-bbc3-b79ead16efbe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a big day today for both sets of fans, lets not forget its just a game. May the best team india wins.
😉😉

5 Man-of-the-Match awards for Kohli in only 17 matches against Pakistan, across formats. Only two Indians - Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar - have won more such awards across formats against Pakistan, while MS Dhoni also has five, but from 45 matches. Kohli averages 96 in wins against them, and 7.20 in defeats.

3 Instances of Junaid Khan having dismissed Kohli in ODIs. Kohli has scored only two runs off him in 22 balls, giving him an average of 0.66, and a strike rate of 9.09.

1649, Shoaib Malik's ODI aggregate against India, at an average of 48.50, and a strike rate of 89.57. India are clearly his favourite ODI opponents: almost a quarter of his ODI runs, as well as four of his nine hundreds and his highest ODI score, have all come against India. Since January 2000, no Pakistan batsman has scored more ODI runs against India than Shoaib Malik.

Here Is How Ground Looks At the Moment

Screenshot_2007-01-01-21-22-37.png

After looking at Hafeez, my expectations are:uak

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55356;&#56821;&#55356;&#56816; Pakistan have arrived at the The Oval for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CT17?src=hash">#CT17</a> final! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvIND?src=hash">#PAKvIND</a> <a href="https://t.co/HYfpWrNa29">pic.twitter.com/HYfpWrNa29</a></p>— ICC (@ICC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC/status/876344553401446400">June 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Junaid vs Kholi,

Amir vs Rohit

the fire is to lit in just 1hour and 15 more minute, Oh God...

45 minutes until the toss. Sarfraz needs to be aggressive during the toss so we can win the toss and bowl first.

Pakistani trundlers are getting smashed today. Jeetega bhai jeetega India jeetega. :aag:

Not confident about Pak winning but I hope they give their best and not show up like they usually do against India.

Morning all. Feeling the butterflies in my stomach, been a long time since I last saw us in an ICC tournament final.

Will need to raise our game big time to beat this India team. Need to handle the pressure of the occasion a lot better than we did in the group match.

Couldn't sleep last night!

Didn't get to sleep till around 3 o'clock and was waking up after every hour or so.

C'mon guys - let's get this show on the road already!!

In-Shaa-Allah the bois need to bring the cup home!!!

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] @Sqaure Drive [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

drone analysis just shown now on feed channel

pitch is dry and has assistance for spinners

Amir for Raees would be an interesting choice given Amir hasn't been picking wickets lately, Pak squad will be looking to take wickets and Raees can provide that luxury.

nasir hussain has done the pitch report and calling this pitch as a belter.but drone analysis is showing some assistance for spinners

Didn't get to sleep till around 3 o'clock and was waking up after every hour or so.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] @Sqaure Drive [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

Lol same here, pre-match anxiety has well and truly kicked in. :bumble2

InshaAllah we got this, just hope the boys don't get overawed by the occasion.

Can't believe they play football just one hour before the start, you can so easily slip and land your foot wrong and be out of the game.

Lol same here, pre-match anxiety has well and truly kicked in. :bumble2

InshaAllah we got this, just hope the boys don't get overawed by the occasion.

Yea man absolutely!!

Remember 2009 - Dilshan the leading run scorer of the competition getting worked over and dismissed by Amir within the first over and after that there was no coming back for SL. Hoping India to have a similar fate here today once Amir dismisses Dhawan in the first over In-Shaa-Allah!

:chacha

Yea man absolutely!!

Remember 2009 - Dilshan the leading run scorer of the competition getting worked over and dismissed by Amir within the first over and after that there was no coming back for SL. Hoping India to have a similar fate here today once Amir dismisses Dhawan in the first over In-Shaa-Allah!

:chacha

And hopefully Hasan can play the role of Abdul Razzaq and run through their top order iA. :afridi

not sleep well before the match and who knows affter the match :45:
just win is remedy

Looking forward to see indain fans cry after the match.Go boys dstroy them!
#no mercy

crinfo- "Don't worry, rain is not even forecast. It is to shield from the 25-degree sun instead" That's the biggest "psych" on the biggest day.

Man I've never had so much Anxiety in my life.....I am literally talking to myself here :danish :danish :danish

All my fingers and feet are numb right now.....A few hours ago Roza was kicking in since it's almost Evening here however NOW EVERYTHING HAS JUST GONE INTO A HALT !!!!!

Somebody play some God Damn Lullaby here I am like HAVING A PANIC ATTACK !!!!!!!!

I'm telling you the weather today in London is HOT, it's literally BAKING. This makes the conditions so much better for batting.

Man I've never had so much Anxiety in my life.....I am literally talking to myself here :danish :danish :danish

All my fingers and feet are numb right now.....A few hours ago Roza was kicking in since it's almost Evening here however NOW EVERYTHING HAS JUST GONE INTO A HALT !!!!!

Somebody play some God Damn Lullaby here I am like HAVING A PANIC ATTACK !!!!!!!!

What about 2011 WC SF?

I'm telling you the weather today in London is HOT, it's literally BAKING. This makes the conditions so much better for batting.

Should Pakistan bat first then? If Fakhar stays we will be able to set a large target.

If it is of some comfort, as god as my witness this is calmest I have ever been for a Pakistan vs India contest [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION]. Just sit back and relax!

Look on the bright side, this at least isn't a World Cup.

the first 10 overs of the game (regardless of who bats first) will determine which way this game will go... if India bat first and get off to a flyer I think it'll be hard to contain them. Regardless, praying for team Pakistan! C'mon boys let's make history!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There'll be a moment silence ahead of toda's match in memory of all the tragedies that have occured around the world during Champions Trophy</p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/876359774799048705">June 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So the match starts @6-30 PM IST. I meant the hockey. Just after the first innings.

If it is of some comfort, as god as my witness this is calmest I have ever been for a Pakistan vs India contest [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION]. Just sit back and relax!

LET'S GET ITTTTT!!!! :pakflag2 :aag

Raees has been dropped from what I am hearing and Pakistan are playing both Imad and Shadab. We are doomed

Average first innings score in the last six games at the OVAL is 267"

but today is a belter

Poor stuff from sky, they have Ramiz of all people in the opening promo for the final; we are live on air now. Good job guys! now am even more hyped!

So this is it. India vs tournament favourites Pakistan. Hopefully we put our best and win. Jai Shri Ram!

I know our chances are ver low...
But i still support my team
go green go

Back