ICC CT 2017 | Final : India vs Pakistan | 18th June, 2017 | The Oval | Pakistan Innings

a guy who took 2 wickets dropped for wicketless amir and imad, sums up pakistan team selection

I dont think its particularly defensive. they have a team they are comfortable with playing and winning with. why do you need to weaken batting.

If our batting goes down to #7 we are losing anyway

Shadab should not have been playing this match. , really poor strategy against india.

Would have been disaster bowling 3 spinners in morning session, but it's probably makes sense if a good score is posted.

I don't understand the selection of haris in the squad ! Good vaction though! !

Sarfaraz has clean shaved today. He means business! He want to look his best when he holds the trophy later in the day...

Indian team better watch out....:broad

Lol so it's just not us, even Pakistan are playing Imad/Shadab instead of Fahim/Rumman. Is this wicket gonna take any spin?

I dint know what the wrist slitting has begun. They know better than us and if in sarfaraz you trust, then trust he made the right call.

I am for some reason pretty happy we are bowling second. Let the sun Best down for another 3.5 hours and dry it up, it can only be good for us. Now our batsmen just need to bat full fifty and score at least 250, ideally 300 and 350 would assure a win.

Fakhar has got away with some chancy quick fire innings in 3 repetitively smaller chases - today his roll is to bat for long, which he can do given his List A average - will he do? Not sure.

I dint know what the wrist slitting has begun. They know better than us and if in sarfaraz you trust, then trust he made the right call.

I am for some reason pretty happy we are bowling second. Let the sun Best down for another 3.5 hours and dry it up, it can only be good for us. Now our batsmen just need to bat full fifty and score at least 250, ideally 300 and 350 would assure a win.

Sarfraz didn't make the call. Kohli did. :))

We will find out today how much truth was there to Aamer sohails statements..

The truth is already out there in open " we ain't playing on used pitches anymore".

I fully endorse Aamirs take.

India to bowl first

Good move by India
They chase very well
And we haven't batted first for a while

Need a solid start and around 280 minimum
Can see India chasing anything up to 330 easy
280 give us some chance

These trsundlers need to be smashed out of park, not handed down maidens in platter.

Last edited:
Even if Pakistan get 300+ (in a utopia) how will you get them out with spinners? I'm still annoyed.

LAck of intent and no idea of target already there

Expecting fakhar to fail

Friendly Sledge :D :

Yuvraj will be playing the sixth ICC ODI Final of his career; Pakistan are playing their the fourth ICC ODI Final in their history.

It's imperative that Azhar rotates the strike today, he somehow needs to find gaps

You drop Rummon who was one of the best death bowler. I would even pick Rummon over out of form Amir let alone Imad. Imad will give 100+ runs like Wahab today.

Fakhar should show the same intent as previous games. No need for this tuk tuk nonsense.

Leg side packed for fakhar. Smart Indian thinking already taking Pak by surprise

Friendly Sledge :D :

Yuvraj will be playing the sixth ICC ODI Final of his career; Pakistan are playing their the fourth ICC ODI Final in their history.

Pakistan v India head 2 head record

Pakistan Test wins: 100000000000

India Test wins: 3

Back