ICC CT 2017 | Final : India vs Pakistan | 18th June, 2017 | The Oval | Pakistan Innings

First impression is that PAK openers are trying to out muscle the ball rather than time & place it.

If PK bowled this 1st over Ind would have hit at least a boundary. There lies the difference between the batting line-ups.

First impression is that PAK openers are trying to out muscle the ball rather than time & place it.

What is your view on the toss and what is your prediction for the game :akhtar

Azhar will play his as usual tuk tuk innings regarding the pitch and we will not score over 220.

LAck of intent and no idea of target already there

Expecting fakhar to fail

I think they have taken a cue from indian strategy book, play slow for first 10, save wickets and go all guns blazing in the end.

Whatever they are trying to do , its working for now.

Azhar should have put those 2 half volleys away but other than that India have started well with the ball.

Already too much tuk tuk - need to attack early.

They are getting their eye in dammit! let their nerves settle in a final as well!

Yeah that's Test matches for you, we need strike rotation at least, they're muscling the ball rather than timing and touching it.

I think they have taken a cue from indian strategy book, play slow for first 10, save wickets and go all guns blazing in the end.

Whatever they are trying to do , its working for now.

They are not India by any means so its a patheic strategy

The really annoying thing is while all tickets have been sold, you won't find every seat being occupied at the ground because tickets have been sold upwards of £400, maybe the unsold tickets will be sold at lower price as the game progresses but even then there are always some which go unsold. ICC should have done a better job clamping down on the selfish people looking to gain on 10x the face value :mad:

What is your view on the toss and what is your prediction for the game :akhtar

Toss favored PAK - Sarfu would have bowled under this scorching sun with 3 spinners & lowest I could see is IND posting 325. Never, gone chase that with Azhar at top.

Now, they can play with free mind, build a partnership & momentum. Anything over 275, reverse swing will come into play.

Prediction - anything less than 275, India's match to lose. PAK should defend 300+

These two look scared. You can see it in their eyes. Ask your bowlers to bounce them out Kohli .

Toss favored PAK - Sarfu would have bowled under this scorching sun with 3 spinners & lowest I could see is IND posting 325. Never, gone chase that with Azhar at top.

Now, they can play with free mind, build a partnership & momentum. Anything over 275, reverse swing will come into play.

Prediction - anything less than 275, India's match to lose. PAK should defend 300+

Any chances of reverse swing

Back