ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Which team will win the highly anticipated match between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The India vs. Pakistan match in the 2023 World Cup promises to be an electrifying encounter that cricket fans around the world are eagerly anticipating. This historic rivalry on the cricket field never fails to deliver high-intensity drama and excitement.

Both teams have a rich cricketing history and a strong fan following. India, a cricket powerhouse, boasts a formidable batting lineup with stars like Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and KL Rahul. Their bowlers, including Jasprit Bumrah and Ravindra Jadeja, are equally capable of making an impact. India will be looking to continue their winning streak against Pakistan in World Cup matches.

On the other hand, Pakistan, known for their unpredictable yet talented squad, is led by Babar Azam, one of the most elegant batsmen in modern cricket. Pakistan's bowling attack, featuring Shaheen Afridi and Hasan Ali, can trouble any batting order on their day. Pakistan will be hoping to break their World Cup jinx against India and secure a historic victory.

The match is expected to be a test of nerves and skill, with both teams striving to outperform each other. The toss and pitch conditions may play a crucial role in determining the outcome in Ahmedabad.

In terms of recent form and team dynamics, India enters the contest as the favorites, but in cricket, anything can happen on the day. As fans, we can only wait with bated breath for this epic clash between two cricketing giants. Regardless of the result, it's certain to be a match that will be remembered for years to come.

It depends so much on if our bowling can show up. If Shaheen Shah can rise to the occasion, then game on.

Let's be honest. It was a great chase but Sri Lanka let us off the hook in several ways.

The big boys will treat our bowling much more ruthlessly and there won't be so many fumbles in the field.

Our bowling has zero bite at the moment. Our best pacer is Hasan Ali, our best spinner is Chacha.

That should say it all.

If Shadab isn't dropped we won't win and neither will we go to the semis. Write it down boys.

We needed someone like Abrar Ahmed. But oh well..

If Shadab isn't dropped we won't win and neither will we go to the semis. Write it down boys.
Shadab and Nawaz both are occupying spots. It’s gonna be a dark dark World Cup with these two in the XI.

Abdullah Shafique
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Mohammad Rizwan
Ifthikar Ahmed
Agha Salman
Usama Mir
Shaheen Afridi
Hassan Ali
Haris Rauf

Mir IN - Shadab OUT

Agha IN - Nawaz OUT

Fakhar IN - Imam OUT

Agha and Ifthikar can bowl 5 overs each, they’ll be just as threatening with the ball than Nawaz.

We chased 340 without Imam, we don’t need him. May as well play an out of form Fakhar.

Shadab is bowling like he’s playing baseball, Mir needs to come in.

I just want Shadab and Imam to be dropped. Bring in Usama and Fakhar back.

The pace of Hasan and SSA is also a worry.

Imam, nawaz need to be dropped.

Pakistan need to play a proper front line spinner.

Fakhar is a better option then snail imam

The thing is Mir isn't anything special either. Sharma, Kohli and KL will have him for breakfast.

Definitely a step up from best friend Shadab.

We needed a finger spinner who could actually turn the ball. Unfortunately no player comes to mind. Wrist spinners are going to travel in India, as the bashing of Zampa on a spinning track proved the other day.

Pak 8-0 against SL.

Going to be 0-8 against India.

SL should've smoked 380 today. Very poor from them in the last 20 overs. India will not let go of the opportunity if they are only 2 wickets down by the end of 30 overs.

I'm penciling in another Kohli and Rohit century against Pakistan.

Pakistan has to play Usama Mir instead of Nawaz and continue playing him. Usama Mir's 3/75 is much better than Nawaz's 0-60 or 1-60.

But whoever they play, it's a forgone conclusion. Don't even waste your time watching the match.

We have the option to consider dropping either Nawaz or Shadab and bringing in Abrar.

Finger spinners can find more success compared to wrist spinners in this world cup.

Middle overs is key for both. Advantage Ind here as Pak has Nawaz Shadab and Ifti as bowlers vs India who have Jadeja Ashwin . India still huge faves

Abdullah Shafique
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Mohammad Rizwan
Ifthikar Ahmed
Agha Salman
Usama Mir
Shaheen Afridi
Hassan Ali
Haris Rauf

Mir IN - Shadab OUT

Agha IN - Nawaz OUT

Fakhar IN - Imam OUT

Agha and Ifthikar can bowl 5 overs each, they’ll be just as threatening with the ball than Nawaz.

We chased 340 without Imam, we don’t need him. May as well play an out of form Fakhar.

Shadab is bowling like he’s playing baseball, Mir needs to come in.
Your points make a lot of sense, it would be perfect if Shadab went off injured and Abrar came in

OTOH if India lose, boy the backlash and the pressure on them from then on will be unbearable..

Still believe you bat 1st if you win toss , dew or no dew. Pressure of chasing will be ridiculous..

It’s over Joever for India.

I’m saying as a brand.

They put too much pressure on themselves just like with the aane do advertisements during our last tour.

Too much anti Pak rhetoric. That makes this match feel like do or die for them. Especially because it’s in their own backyard.

There’s no Dhoni or cool headed people this time around to ease tension. There’s jazbati and emotional players like Kohli and Pandya who we should target.

If we lose, no big deal. It’s not like it’s the first time.

If we win, their own fans will burn the place down.

Green wash incoming. In Sha Allah.

Take the green pill before it’s too late, Neo.

I didn't care because before today I was expecting a right spanking, but now with the hope it's worse.

The thing is logic says India look unbeatable but this win could give Pakistan a real lift.

Indian outman us in every department but definitely today chances look better than before.

With Abdullah doing well no point playing Imam in his current form. We should take the risk of playing Fakhar. Usama, I’m not too convinced, but the way the other two spinners are bowling it doesn‘t make a difference who plays, it’s likely they’ll get tonked for 70-80. Today’s win will definitely boost our morale and hopefully the pacers will put up a much better show.

Your points make a lot of sense, it would be perfect if Shadab went off injured and Abrar came in

Abrar is probably the best spinner in the team right now, but I think Mir isn’t too bad, plus his batting is just as good as Shadab’s.

Still believe you bat 1st if you win toss , dew or no dew. Pressure of chasing will be ridiculous..
Good point. Someone correct me but I believe only in 2003,india won by chasing. Other than that it has been pakistan flopping batting 2nd every ODI WC.

Best chance for pakistan is put up decent total and hope pressure can help.

With Abdullah doing well no point playing Imam in his current form. We should take the risk of playing Fakhar. Usama, I’m not too convinced, but the way the other two spinners are bowling it doesn‘t make a difference who plays, it’s likely they’ll get tonked for 70-80. Today’s win will definitely boost our morale and hopefully the pacers will put up a much better show.
hopefully fielders can hold onto the catches as well

How is Pakistan trundler pace factory cope with India
How are you feeling after the trolling you did all day?

Must be difficult speaking after all those 345 runs were shoved down your throat by Rizwan and Abdullah.
Trolling? I appreciate good cricket no matter who is the playing .but don't you think both Pakistan and Sri Lanka bowling attack were pathetic???

How is Pakistan trundler pace factory cope with India

Trolling? I appreciate good cricket no matter who is the playing .but don't you think both Pakistan and Sri Lanka bowling attack were pathetic???
Pathetic or not, come back and troll when India chases down 345 in a World Cup against Netherlands, let alone Sri Lanka.

You want me to pull up your disgusting posts from the match thread?

Ok first win a match against India in world cup .only 3 more day to go .
We might get smashed by 200 runs or 10 wickets, doesn’t change the fact that you have 345 runs shoved down your throat tonight after your pathetic attempts at trolling today.

Enjoy the moment for now, must feel nice.

I'd play Fakhar. Gun fielder in the outfield and tell him to just slog every ball. Much better than Imam.

It’s over Joever for India.

I’m saying as a brand.

They put too much pressure on themselves just like with the aane do advertisements during our last tour.

Too much anti Pak rhetoric. That makes this match feel like do or die for them. Especially because it’s in their own backyard.

There’s no Dhoni or cool headed people this time around to ease tension. There’s jazbati and emotional players like Kohli and Pandya who we should target.

If we lose, no big deal. It’s not like it’s the first time.

Green wash incoming. In Sha Allah.

Take the green pill before it’s too late, Neo.
How and Why? It last happened in 1996 against SL when India went from 99/2 to 120/8 .Times have changed a lot in the last 25 years or so where the fan rants/antics would not be physical but on social media.
If India looses, that not end of the World Cup for them.

If we lose, no big deal. It’s not like it’s the first time.----PAK facing aus next if they loose.

We might get smashed by 200 runs or 10 wickets, doesn’t change the fact that you have 345 runs shoved down your throat tonight after your pathetic attempts at trolling today.

Enjoy the moment for now, must feel nice.
Lol first becouse your trundler bowling attack conceded 344 that's why . Few day ago India bowlers bowled them 50 runs

Sorry but Shadab has to go. Club level bowler, he is bowling full tosses.

Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Usama
Hassan
Rauf
Shaheen

This is the team Pakistan needs to play against India. Fakhar needs to be used instead of Imam and he needs to be used in middle overs.

hopefully fielders can hold onto the catches as well
Yeah, that too is a major problem. but if things start going well then it rubs off on all aspects. Which is why the first hour of that game will be absolutely critical.

Let's be honest. It was a great chase but Sri Lanka let us off the hook in several ways.

The big boys will treat our bowling much more ruthlessly and there won't be so many fumbles in the field.

Our bowling has zero bite at the moment. Our best pacer is Hasan Ali, our best spinner is Chacha.

That should say it all.
This is spot on. If Pakistan were to chase today's score with India's bowling unit instead of the dollies by SL, then it could have been a different script.

Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Usama
Hassan
Rauf
Shaheen

This is the team Pakistan needs to play against India. Fakhar needs to be used instead of Imam and he needs to be used in middle overs.
I was just thinking this, Babar should open and we should play Usama Mir.

No matter who wins, the hype and fan support is now back for Pakistan. Ever since Asia Cup loss and the squad announcement, the support and spirit was not there. This win against Sri Lanka has boosted the confidence of all the fans and team members.

No one had made such a big chase in a world cup. It was never done before, and Pakistan did it.
Hopefully the India game is a good one and Pakistan goes without shadab.

This is spot on. If Pakistan were to chase today's score with India's bowling unit instead of the dollies by SL, then it could have been a different script.
oh bhai, thing is, in 48 years no team has chased down such a score.

oh that I agree. Regardless of the quality of bowling, the ability to pace the innings against score board pressure and loss of 2 early wickets is amazing.

Credit where due. Pakistan played brilliantly to pull off "one of the chases" in the history of ODI cricket. Well played, Pakistan. Having said that SL is slightly above AFG and below BAN with how they are playing ODI cricket/currently positioned.

Credit where due. Pakistan played brilliantly to pull off "one of the chases" in the history of ODI cricket. Well played, Pakistan. Having said that SL is slightly above AFG and below BAN with how they are playing ODI cricket/currently positioned.
did their bowler wellalage not take 4 wickets (or more) against India?

Shaheen
Hasan
Rauf
Shadab
Nawaz
Iftikhar

Vs

Bumrah
Siraj
Kuldeep
Jadeja
Ashwin
Hardik

No chance for Pakistan. India are playing 6 genuine wicket taking options. Pakistan only has 1 wicket taker, that too relatively: Haris.

India blows Pakistan in bowling. A statement you wouldn't have said for the past 50 years at least

not supporting his inclusion, I just don’t think Usama is a huge upgrade over him and will end up being equally toothless.
He bowls some loose balls but at least he turns the ball, Shadab just offers no threat whatsoever

Hope Gill is fit by then, he loves the Ahmedabad pitch.

Kuldeep will be a real challenge for you guys. Kohli and Pandya always step up against Pakistan, hope the rest of our boys are up to the task.

My team

Gill
Rohit
Kohli
Kishan
Rahul
Pandya
Jadeja
Shami
Bumrah
Kuldeep
Siraj

Shaheen
Hasan
Rauf
Shadab
Nawaz
Iftikhar

Vs

Bumrah
Siraj
Kuldeep
Jadeja
Ashwin
Hardik

No chance for Pakistan. India are playing 6 genuine wicket taking options. Pakistan only has 1 wicket taker, that too relatively: Haris.

India blows Pakistan in bowling. A statement you wouldn't have said for the past 50 years at least
Shami ahead of Ashwin for me, he has a terrific record in Ahmedabad.

Wonder if the odds of Pakistan winning changed with the thrashing of Sri Lanka

At least Pak can approach the game in a more relaxed manner, next two games are tough for you guys, vs India and Australia. Even if you win one out of these two I guess very good chance of making the semis.

did their bowler wellalage not take 4 wickets (or more) against India?
The team got bundled out for 54 in Asia cup final. Barely qualified for Asia cup final with Afghanistan messing up NRR calculation. From a winnable position, barely managed to win against Pakistan.

played qualifiers to qualify for the worldcup. Not a top team for sure.

Pak bowling is looking mediocre, but batting is really good. We must go with 4 genuine bowlers plus Jadeja, Pandya.

Of course it did. 2 out of 2 is a very good moral booster for Pak. The SL attack is poor but to register a recored chase, just prior to the game vs india will be a huge boost for the team.

Pak bowling is looking mediocre, but batting is really good. We must go with 4 genuine bowlers plus Jadeja, Pandya.
They were played both game against poor team so far .now Pakistan next two game are against india and Australia . If they win even one match then i can say they have strong team otherwise just minnows bashing.

They will proberly go with the same xi however I will proberly look to play Wasim Jnr instead of Nawaz or Shadab.

I'd play Fakhar. Gun fielder in the outfield and tell him to just slog every ball. Much better than Imam.
Won't happen. Despite the win today, let's get back to reality.

Babar is still captain, meaning the winning 1q drama won't change even if they are obvious weak links.

Tbf I don't blame Babar for the opening dilemma. It's between fakhar and imam, one of.badly put of form but is an X factor, the other even in form loses you the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back