ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Which team will win the highly anticipated match between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should’ve brought in Ihsanullah?
Bro, he is injured. his chapter is closed for this WC. Maybe the upcoming t20 world cup is his comeback tournament if he recovers and performs well but I don't think that he will be playing many matches during this time.
Right now, To be honest, we don't have any backup and replacement ready in case one of our main bowlers gets injured during this ongoing WC.

From an Indian perspective for Pakistan X factors

Shaheen
Iftikar

Others can also deliver.
Maybe its time for Babar to lead by example and we can go in with the following squad

1) Abdullah Shafique
2) Babar Azam
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Mohd Rizwan
5) Iftikhar Ahmed
6) Salman Ali Agha
7) Mohd Nawaz/Mohd Wasim Jr
8) Usama Mir
9) Hassan Ali
10) Shaheen Afridi
11) Haris Rauf

Shadab has been out of form for a while and will get slaughtered by India. Better to pick Usama Mir against. I am also nervous of playing Nawaz as India will feast on him too therefore better to have an extra pace option in Wasim Jr.
I believe Nawaz and Shadab are more in the side for batting cover for a potential top/MO collapse. I believe that is what they expect primarily from them. It gives an elongated look to the batting. 3 + 3 +2 = 8 players who can bat. Hasan/Shaheen can bat a bit.

Thanks to the win again SL, a loss here is not catastrophic. I don't think Pakistan will win unless India have a very bad day at the office.

Fakhar needs to come in for Imam without doubt, that's the only likely change. Experimenting with Agha as opener should be done after the India game.

Thanks to the win again SL, a loss here is not catastrophic. I don't think Pakistan will win unless India have a very bad day at the office.

Fakhar needs to come in for Imam without doubt, that's the only likely change. Experimenting with Agha as opener should be done after the India game.

India isn't going to have a bad days. They aren't known to have bad days. Only way I see Pakistan winning is if they actually turn up, and you never know with how unpredictable Pakistan is, they just might.

And for that to happen, Pakistan need to take wickets in the first 10 overs. Period.

Genuine question: should pakistan bat first or bowl?

India isn't going to have a bad days. They aren't known to have bad days. Only way I see Pakistan winning is if they actually turn up, and you never know with how unpredictable Pakistan is, they just might.

And for that to happen, Pakistan need to take wickets in the first 10 overs. Period.

Pakistan should bowl first defo if they do win the toss.

Yes Pakistan is world no. 1 team right now according to ICC rankings .they should be clear Favourite for 14 October game. They just coming from world record chase which was Arguably best ever match by Pakistan according to fan's .
I know you are joking but this would be true if India was ranked #8. Instead Pakistan is ranked #1 and India #2 and they switch places basically everyday. Add in the home advantage I think it’s pretty clear India are favorites but Pakistan has a solid chance.

Anyone know what the pitch will be like? I think Afghanistan today actually gave a good blueprint for how to bat the middle overs. They also managed to play Kuldeep Yadav alright.

The only thing I really fear is Pakistan losing many wickets up front. If Bumrah strikes quick, it’s going to empower Siraj to search for movement. We need to either play very defensively up front or go for the attack and put the pressure back on the opening bowlers.

The rest of the bowlers seem bearable to me. Unless the pitch is spinning. Then Yadav well get 7 wickets and it’s over 😂

No doubt, bowl first.

** Unpopular Opinion **

Shadab is much better bowler under the captaincy of Sarfaraz...

Because he knew he had to play for his position. With his bff now the captain, he is under no pressure and knows he will be picked regardless of his form or performance.

I know you are joking but this would be true if India was ranked #8. Instead Pakistan is ranked #1 and India #2 and they switch places basically everyday. Add in the home advantage I think it’s pretty clear India are favorites but Pakistan has a solid chance.

Anyone know what the pitch will be like? I think Afghanistan today actually gave a good blueprint for how to bat the middle overs. They also managed to play Kuldeep Yadav alright.

The only thing I really fear is Pakistan losing many wickets up front. If Bumrah strikes quick, it’s going to empower Siraj to search for movement. We need to either play very defensively up front or go for the attack and put the pressure back on the opening bowlers.

The rest of the bowlers seem bearable to me. Unless the pitch is spinning. Then Yadav well get 7 wickets and it’s over 😂
Afganistan Played well in middle over becouse there was no pressure( No one expected
That they will win ) for them . But Pakistan is favourite here so they have lots of pressure that's why they can't Play the way Afganistan played in middle over. Pitch is most likely batting friendly where avarage score around 290 .Dew can also play some parts .
I'm More intrested in what will be caption chose after winning the toss as india - Pakistan game batting first is way to go (ODI)

I still remember Waqar getting the thrashing of a lifetime by Jadeja as if it happened yesterday. I have probably forgotten more Pakistan matches than the number of cakes these guys cut after every minnow bashing. But maybe you are right, I probably have never known Pakistan team in all these years 🙂. What a pity!
If you look records, Kohli has failed to produce runs against Pak in home conditions. If we manage to take rohit and kohli wickets early on then we may have a chance

Shami and Ashwin should be in, Siraj and Thakuar out against Pakistan
No Ashwin please .its not a spinner pitch and we already have two .
Shami in place of Thakur should be ideal change but knowing team management they will Play thakur

TBH, none is sure. I don't think Pakistan is loosing sleep over middle order bowlers like Jadeja/Ashwin/Thakur. They only have to survive Bumrah/Siraj, which again ain't difficult if the idea is to just play them out. Kuldeep and Pandya in the middle order can take wickets and considering Pakistan's batting game plan is oriented towards 15-45 overs, so my sense is batting first might be useful for Pakistan. Get 275+ and they will have a strong chance.

If we have an extra batsman I would even drop Zimbabar, along with parch Imam and play Fakhar and new batter. Shadab needs to be dropped for Abrar. But Babar will never let it happen.

If we have an extra batsman I would even drop Zimbabar, along with parch Imam and play Fakhar and new batter. Shadab needs to be dropped for Abrar. But Babar will never let it happen.
I don't think that anybody is gonna be agreeing here to drop Babar. Babar is a top-class player. He will rise soon. I believe that his form is gonna be back pretty soon, maybe in next match against india.

If you look records, Kohli has failed to produce runs against Pak in home conditions. If we manage to take rohit and kohli wickets early on then we may have a chance
Those records have bare significance as they happened over a decade ago, at a time when Kohli was a young man & not yet the leading star of the side. Rohit was a clueless dud who was rotting at middle order & easily the most despised player by his countrymen. Pak's bowling attack at that time consisted of Gul, Junaid, Irfan, Hafeez, Malik & Ajmal. Three genuine match winners, two economical spinners with questionable action & a literal giant who popped out of nowhere & scared the **** out of Indians. You can't expect similar impact from current bowling attack which has a couple of lollypop spinners & spray gun trundlers. Apart from Kohli Rohit Ind have at least two more dangerous batsmen in Pandya who always feasts against Pak & KL who seems to find a new leaf ever since his comeback. There was no x factor like Bumrah & Yadav in that Indian bowling attack which helped Jamshed to bully & outbat them. Basically a lot of "if"s & "but"s need to happen for Pakistan to achieve the miracle.

Who will be your skipper? Rizwan? Shaheen? Chacha?

In times like this when everyone is divided about batting or bowling first, I actually hope Pakistan loses the toss so that we don't have to make the decision

Afganistan Played well in middle over becouse there was no pressure( No one expected
That they will win ) for them . But Pakistan is favourite here so they have lots of pressure that's why they can't Play the way Afganistan played in middle over. Pitch is most likely batting friendly where avarage score around 290 .Dew can also play some parts .
I'm More intrested in what will be caption chose after winning the toss as india - Pakistan game batting first is way to go (ODI)
No body believes Pakistan are favorites. Not Pakistani fans, not Indian fans, and not even neutrals.

Just read this forum, most Pakistani fans are expecting a bad beating.

Chasing against Bumrah, Kuldeep, and Siraj will be too much for Pakistan, They should bat first and try to set a decent target.

The problem is that, given the nature of pitches no one knows what will be the safe target. I guess a minimum of 300 is needed. Even 300+ might prove too easy for India given the state of our bowling attack.

FMpsnmj.png

** Unpopular Opinion **

Shadab is much better bowler under the captaincy of Sarfaraz...
That's not an unpopular opinion lol.

Sarfi would scold every bowler if they weren't bowling properly, he literally screamed at hasan Ali for his stupid celebrations when the match was far from over lol.

Babar is dosti yaari towards shadab. Also shadab has the biggest ego I have seem

TBH, none is sure. I don't think Pakistan is loosing sleep over middle order bowlers like Jadeja/Ashwin/Thakur. They only have to survive Bumrah/Siraj, which again ain't difficult if the idea is to just play them out. Kuldeep and Pandya in the middle order can take wickets and considering Pakistan's batting game plan is oriented towards 15-45 overs, so my sense is batting first might be useful for Pakistan. Get 275+ and they will have a strong chance.
275 is like 200 of the 2010s. Pakistan would need a minimum of 300 even to have an outside chance.

Who will be your skipper? Rizwan? Shaheen? Chacha?
Rizwan for sure. This guy has lots of dedication and actually perform in pressure matches. Shaheen is same choker like Babar but don't think he has same stubbornness like Babar

Chasing against Bumrah, Kuldeep, and Siraj will be too much for Pakistan, They should bat first and try to set a decent target.

The problem is that, given the nature of pitches no one knows what will be the safe target. I guess a minimum of 300 is needed. Even 300+ might prove too easy for India given the state of our bowling attack.
Bumrah is great but Shiraj? People thinks like he is 2nd coming Mcgrath/Donald/ Malcom/Wasim. Pandya actually twice better bowler than Shiraj.

Bumrah is great but Shiraj? People thinks like he is 2nd coming Mcgrath/Donald/ Malcom/Wasim. Pandya actually twice better bowler than Shiraj.
To be honest, Pandya is not that great of a bowler either but Pakistan has a habit of giving wickets to these sort of medium pace players. I could see Thakur even taking wickets against us for that reason.

Rizwan for sure. This guy has lots of dedication and actually perform in pressure matches. Shaheen is same choker like Babar but don't think he has same stubbornness like Babar
Shaheen is chocker alright but definitely not as big as Babar. You compare their relative performances in big matches, you will see Shaheen is usually far more consistent than Babar. Infact in major white ball matches where stakes were high, Shaheen only flopped twice big times, the recent Asia cup disaster & 21 semifinal. Other than those, he was decent to excellent. The only mentionable performances that Babar has been able to put up (which are goated & repeated million times everyday by the fanclub) are coincidentally the same matches Shaheen had set up with his bowling (19 wc nz, 21 wc ind & 22 wc nz). Shaheen is trundling at the moment & really bowling poorly, but still he doesn't deserve to be boxed in the same brackets of failure with Babar.

To be honest, Pandya is not that great of a bowler either but Pakistan has a habit of giving wickets to these sort of medium pace players. I could see Thakur even taking wickets against us for that reason.
Thakur is the exact kind of bowler Babar & Rizwan enjoy & always relish on. If he plays & they don't dominate him then all hopes are gone I guess(at least for Babar).

Bat first.

Bowling first works in T20I if the pacers dent the batting team and they don't have enough time to recover. As we saw in Asia Cup rained off match, India still went on to score 260 after being under the pump. Pakistan will not be able to chase big against India.

Just read this in my vernacular news outlet in Tamil. Apparently, very strict orders have gone out to local administration to further improve the experience Pak players had in Hyderabad including, but not limited to,
  • Jay Shah is taking a personal interest to ensure Pak players are well looked after
  • 5000 police personnel for security
  • Ensuring that they were welcomed with White shawls instead of the Saffron they received in Hyd
  • Ensuring there is little/no protests against the team
  • This is because they are conscious some of the Pak media are intent on making mountains of a mole hill if any issues surface lol
A bit high handed some may think, however, kudos for the intent

Link here for anyone who speaks Tamil. Be warned that it has lot of pop-ups - https://tamil.mykhel.com/cricket/pa...W1*MTY5NzEwMzE2NC4xLjAuMTY5NzEwMzE2NC4wLjAuMA..

Can Babar become the first captain to beat India in WC games in both formats?

Half the WC is won with a win on the 14th!

Team wise I think it may be a 50/50 between Shadab and Usama or May they risk it and play 3 spinners in Ahmedabad.

England vs NZ game showed nothing doing for the bowlers anyway.

Shaheen off colour too, with the whole campaign in sight - could we unleash wayward Waseem and hope for magical balls inbetween! Have seen him bowl fast and on a probing line before.

Imam could well be on last chance Saloon.

May be we drop Imam and Shadab and play with Agha and Usama.

Send Ifti to open and swing.

Babar only bats well around Rizwan and Iftikhar these days.

Some outside the box thinking would be well appreciated, need to surprise India somewhere!

Thakur is the exact kind of bowler Babar & Rizwan enjoy & always relish on. If he plays & they don't dominate him then all hopes are gone I guess(at least for Babar).
When India - Pakistan were played last time thakur and Pandya got the wicket of Babar and Rizwan respectively

Shubman Gill batted in the nets for 1 hour.
-Gill is trying his best to be fit for the Pakistan clash!

My only hope is Pakistan wont be consistent with bat in back to back matches :(. Otherwise, Pakistan is a clear winner as per me. Shaheen is not gonna flop back to back

My only hope is Pakistan wont be consistent with bat in back to back matches :(. Otherwise, Pakistan is a clear winner as per me. Shaheen is not gonna flop back to back

Shaheen is injured and half fit.. hence there wont be any prrformance from him.. India are the clear favorites.. Pak will be badly thrashed by India

When India - Pakistan were played last time thakur and Pandya got the wicket of Babar and Rizwan respectively
Yes they did but that doesn't change the fact that Shardul is just the type, 130-135 innocent pace with no venom. RizBar always feast on bowlers like him. Specially Babar who is currently clueless against all kinds of spin & any decent pace above 140, so the trundler is the only hope for him to contribute something to the scoreboard.
Pandya is different, he is actually underrated. He uses his height really well, has a mean bouncer, can move the ball if pitch offers assist & generally very disciplined.

Yes they did but that doesn't change the fact that Shardul is just the type, 130-135 innocent pace with no venom. RizBar always feast on bowlers like him. Specially Babar who is currently clueless against all kinds of spin & any decent pace above 140, so the trundler is the only hope for him to contribute something to the scoreboard.
Pandya is different, he is actually underrated. He uses his height really well, has a mean bouncer, can move the ball if pitch offers assist & generally very disciplined.
Agree . thakur get wickets because pressure build by others bowlers and batsman attack him for some runs where he gets the wickets. Thakur is real defination of Trundler.

Shaheen is injured and half fit.. hence there wont be any prrformance from him.. India are the clear favorites.. Pak will be badly thrashed by India

Let's see, apparently he had a swollen ring finger the other day against Sri Lanka
If that's the case, he should recover by Saturday, inshallah

Agree . thakur get wickets because pressure build by others bowlers and batsman attack him for some runs where he gets the wickets. Thakur is real defination of Trundler.
If Ind goes with him in any of the ENA matches I can assure you he will be mauled & if Ind loses, will be the biggest factor.I can't believe how a genuine match winner like Shami is being wasted only for some fake perception of extra 15/20 runs.

It is cricket's fiercest rivalry, watched by millions, sparking raucous celebrations in victory and wild accusations in defeat, but when India and Pakistan clash at the World Cup, there has been only one winner.

India have defeated Pakistan seven times out of seven at the tournament since they first met in Sydney in 1992, a run that Babar Azam's side will hope to end in Ahmedabad on Saturday.

Is it luck? Have India benefitted from winning five of the seven tosses? Are Pakistan more susceptible to pressure?

We played seven games and our neighbouring country reminds us every second day about the 7-0, Pakistan legend Wasim Akram told AFP.

Frankly speaking, I can't single out one reason for the losing streak.

Inzamam-ul-Haq, who ended up on the losing side for Pakistan on four occasions, believes pressure has been a factor.

Maybe India handled the pressure better than us on the day of the match and winning most of the tosses also gave them an advantage, said Inzamam.

Even when Pakistan won the toss twice their luck did not change.

They were outdone by Sachin Tendulkar's brilliance in the chase at Centurion in South Africa in 2003 and by Rohit Sharma at Manchester in 2019 when India were sent in to bat.

The defeat at the 2019 tournament cost Sarfaraz Ahmed the captaincy.

Due to a quirk of the playing format, Pakistan and India never met in the first four World Cups.

Both were favourites to meet in the final when they were co-hosts in 1987, but each fell in the semis.

The first encounter happened in 1992 at Sydney, a low-scoring affair which was remembered more for Pakistan's Javed Miandad jumping up and down in a bizarre attempt to mimic India wicketkeeper Kiran More.

Pakistan failed to chase a modest 217-run total, losing by 43 runs.

However, that defeat was soon forgotten when Imran Khan's team staged a remarkable recovery to win their first and only 50-over World Cup title.

Four years later, Pakistan lost again by 39 runs in India's backyard in Bangalore.

The defeat resulted in a furious reaction back home -- skipper Wasim Akram was even alleged to have feigned injury.

It was hellish, recalls Wasim. No one digested that defeat and we had to return home under tight security and couldn't go out of our homes for days.

At the 1999 World Cup, Wasim and his team were subjected to a match-fixing inquiry after they lost by 47 runs to India and slumped to a shock loss to Bangladesh.

They still managed to finish as runners-up.

Despite boasting an intimidating three-pronged pace attack of Wasim, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar, Pakistan lost their 2003 World Cup encounter by six wickets.

A high-profile semi-final also went to India by 29 runs in Mohali in 2011, a match where respective prime ministers Manmohan Singh of India and Yousuf Raza Gillani of Pakistan watched from the stands.

To be honest, I don't know the reason why we always lost, Shahid Afridi, the skipper in 2011, told AFP.

We played so well to reach the semi-finals and fell short in Mohali. I also heard some silly things but it was a matter of respect and as captain I told my players to give their best.

A packed house in Adelaide saw Virat Kohli's century subdue Pakistan by 76 runs in the 2015 World Cup.

Pakistan once again fell short in 2019, again in Manchester, as they lost by 83 runs in a rain-hit game.

So can it be eighth time lucky for Pakistan when they renew their rivalry in Ahmedabad on Saturday at this World Cup?

That jinx will be broken one day and this current Pakistan team is capable of doing that, said Wasim.

We broke the Twenty20 World Cup jinx after five defeats in 2021 in Dubai, so the 50-over jinx can also go.

Source: France 24

I think it's a very important toss to win. Bowl first the way to go. There's the obvious possibility that India can score 375+ and give Pakistan no chance but Pakistan should back themselves to chase anything up to 350 on that Ahmedabad wicket.

The jinx will be broken someday. No one doubts that.that.
Law of averages is bound to catch up someday.
But will it? This year? Or will it be 2027? 2031? 2035. Hmmmm
We will all know by sunday.

Shubman Gill batted in the nets for 1 hour.
-Gill is trying his best to be fit for the Pakistan clash!
Yes please play a half fit Gill and then abuse him when he inevitably does not perform.

Must be the 1996 WC match . All the streets of Bombay were empty . Don’t think I have ever seen something like that
Everyone holds a phone these days. And many things to worry today (job, money, business, etc) unlike 90s. Other entertainment means too, gadgets... So most people are fine if they just follow the scores, if there's liesure definitely they will catch the show! So we can't expect old kind of outburts! Usually all the noise are in social media now and they are exhausted after that!

Player of the match in India Vs Pakistan ODI World Cup :-
1992 - Sachin Tendulkar
1996 - Navjot Sidhu
1999 - Venkatesh Prasad
2003 - Sachin Tendulkar
2011 - Sachin Tendulkar
2015 - Virat Kohli
2019 - Rohit Sharma

2023 - ?

Half fit Gill is far better than our fit stat pad Zimbabar
A half fit player is just exactly that. Half fit. Even if its Viv Richards or Sobers. Going with half fit player is like going to a game with 10.5 players and more so especially since no substitute runner allowed .
Better gamble with Kishan or sky guy than with unfit Gill. Kishan has played a meaningful knock recently against Pakistan about a month ago.

Right now it looks a bit of a mismatch. With the new ball Shaheen isn't quite in that rhythm. Imam and Babar haven't scored runs at the top. Not to mention the spin attack looks rather toothless.

Unless and until that changes somehow. India will be clear favorites.

Hasan Ali, if you look at his record, has never been outstanding with the new ball. So, on days, if Shaheen Shah Afridi gets stuck, there could be problems, Aaqib said.

If you look at Wasim Junior, there are a lot of games where he hasn't even completed his quota of 10 overs, he added.

Aaqib also suggested that Haris Rauf is most effective as a one-change bowler, using his pace to control the middle and death overs.

Haris Rauf is best suited for one change. With his pace, he can control the middle overs and death overs bowling, Aaqib concluded.

These are not ODI bowlers yet. Bowling 10 overs is a different thing. We played just 12 ODIs last year, Shoaib Akhtar said.

As far as bowling is concerned, I will support them. This same bowling unit will start to perform in the upcoming two or three matches. I can understand the disappointment, but don't give up on them, he added.

These are not ODI bowlers yet. Bowling 10 overs is a different thing. We played just 12 ODIs last year, Shoaib Akhtar said.

As far as bowling is concerned, I will support them. This same bowling unit will start to perform in the upcoming two or three matches. I can understand the disappointment, but don't give up on them, he added.
Wholeheartedly agreed with the express.

To Win Match......

India :- should drop Shardul and Ishant Kishan, play SKY....

Pakistan :- Babar should come down at 4 or 5 and give chance to in form batsmen, Pakistan pacer should control line & length, in last match shaheen bowled 2-3 wides in an over which may prove costly against India, when Pakistan team enters stadia arena, there may be 20% additional pressure on them when they see 1,32,000 spectators for the first time, here team management's role is important to reduce this pressure.

Fakhar
Abdullah
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Chacha
Usama Mir
Hasan Ali
Wasim
Shaheen
Rauf

Lol the tail is ridiculous but with everyone in the XI able to bash a few runs it might be worth a gamble 😂

In reality Shadab will keep his place and maybe we’ll see Wasim in place of Nawaz for India.

He's well overdue vs India but my gut says Kuldeep or Bumrah will get him. Rizwan is due a failure too. Our batting rests on Shafique and Ifti to do something unless Fakhar is included.
I'm looking at a Saud special. The lefties will have the best chance Vs Kuldeep and jadeja

Bro, he is injured. his chapter is closed for this WC. Maybe the upcoming t20 world cup is his comeback tournament if he recovers and performs well but I don't think that he will be playing many matches during this time.
Right now, To be honest, we don't have any backup and replacement ready in case one of our main bowlers gets injured during this ongoing WC.
It's already happened. Naseem Shaheen and Rauf was an EXCEPTIONAL TRIO.
Just complemented eachother perfectly and in most cases our spinners could come in with a bit of arrogance too as the scoreboard wouldn't be that threatening

Fakhar
Abdullah
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Chacha
Usama Mir
Hasan Ali
Wasim
Shaheen
Rauf

Lol the tail is ridiculous but with everyone in the XI able to bash a few runs it might be worth a gamble 😂

In reality Shadab will keep his place and maybe we’ll see Wasim in place of Nawaz for India.
Nawaz has to play. We need lefties to combat their spin

The jinx will be broken someday. No one doubts that.that.
Law of averages is bound to catch up someday.
But will it? This year? Or will it be 2027? 2031? 2035. Hmmmm
We will all know by sunday.
If pak lose how will we know by Sunday whether it will be 2027 2031 or 2035

To Win Match......

India :- should drop Shardul and Ishant Kishan, play SKY....

Pakistan :- Babar should come down at 4 or 5 and give chance to in form batsmen, Pakistan pacer should control line & length, in last match shaheen bowled 2-3 wides in an over which may prove costly against India, when Pakistan team enters stadia arena, there may be 20% additional pressure on them when they see 1,32,000 spectators for the first time, here team management's role is important to reduce this pressure.
Drop Ishan, who will open? SKY never opened in life! To put him in a crunch match straightaway and then baying for his blood, once he fails! Ishan didn't do too bad, he is a hack, but in Indian condition should do ok. He also played against Pakistan, quite well. I would have preferred Shami over Shardul, but Aswin might also come in, if the pitch is like that.

Eerie feeling to see Pakistan practicing at the Ahmedabad stadium!

1697124635609.png

1697124653875.png

1697124714379.png

1697124741284.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now it looks a bit of a mismatch. With the new ball Shaheen isn't quite in that rhythm. Imam and Babar haven't scored runs at the top. Not to mention the spin attack looks rather toothless.

Unless and until that changes somehow. India will be clear favorites.

But pakistan's best bet is still Shaheen Shah Afridi. That is one achilles heel for India. Any left arm seamer with a bit of movement.

Somehow not getting that Ind-Pak WC game feeling. Not sure why.

I NEVER expected it to have Bangalore 96, Centurion 03 or Mohali 11 kind of craze but even Adelaide 15 and Manchester 19 had more hype. This game is somehow giving me the 1999 WC clash where there was zero hype as India was already out of super 6.

Someone pls tell me how to get excited for this el Classico

:inti

I NEVER expected it to have Bangalore 96, Centurion 03 or Mohali 11 kind of craze but even Adelaide 15 and Manchester 19 had more hype. This game is somehow giving me the 1999 WC clash where there was zero hype as India was already out of super 6.

probably because there is nothing much riding on this match. Both teams can afford to lose this match and move on as they have won their first two games. Actually, Pak has the best chance to win now. There is absolutely no pressure on them. No tournament pressure, they have four points and good NRR, no expectations as they are playing in India and couple of poor performances by bowlers means, they will be under no expectations to upset Indians. India also can afford to lose the match and shrug off and move on. India will surely be embarrassed to lose in front of raging fans, but result will have little to no impact on their overall campaign. India still has to play against three minnows (NED, BD and SL) and they can probably win one among SNE.. lets see

I always love India/Pak encounters. It brings the best out of both sides. Pakistan raises their game. Even Bangladesh raises their game whenver they play India. This time Pak ranked world no.1 India world no.2 . Probably the first they are evenly matched since 2003 i think. My only gripe is this cringeworthy celebration planning just for this match instead of opening ceremony and the most recent "rest day" just for India Pakistan encounter makes me wonder why the heck other teams have to play? All games should be t reated equally by officials regardless of how fans view it. Looking forward to it.

probably because there is nothing much riding on this match. Both teams can afford to lose this match and move on as they have won their first two games. Actually, Pak has the best chance to win now. There is absolutely no pressure on them. No tournament pressure, they have four points and good NRR, no expectations as they are playing in India and couple of poor performances by bowlers means, they will be under no expectations to upset Indians. India also can afford to lose the match and shrug off and move on. India will surely be embarrassed to lose in front of raging fans, but result will have little to no impact on their overall campaign. India still has to play against three minnows (NED, BD and SL) and they can probably win one among SNE.. lets see
Yes Pakistan have more chance of winning this match rather than India .
I'm very sad as our ODI world cup streak going to end in next 48 hour .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back