If PP was a school...

James would be the kid who is constantly fighting with subcontinental kids whenever they say his name:
''It's not Jaaamas, Jimmy, Jam or Zamas, it's James!''

James would be the kid who is constantly fighting with subcontinental kids whenever they say his name:

Good thing we don't have a Charles on this forum. South Asians so often pronounce it Char-las.

Surprisingly, I was watching an old British show on Netflix called Father Brown, if memory serves me right. It stars an Irish Catholic priest who solves murders. His fellow clergymen call him Char-las on occasion. Is this an Irish thing?

not forgetting the khalifa bros who say it is a name of spanish arab origin, correctly pronounced as al-hamas.

James, ElRaja, Cpt. Rishwat, DV, Javelin and Saqs would be part of one large group definitely.

KB-24 would be great to have in the classroom as well.

How did you come to this conclusion?

This question is always the hardest one to answer for me. My conclusions about people are just like that, without much of a reason, but aren't quite negative or capable of hurting:).

Dhoni would be that annoying friend who sends you poetry texts and lame jokes all day long but will be good company.

At least for a while.

The bit about sending jokes is not quite accurate, but the other one is..... quite an interesting one. It has a balance. I can sense things even without ever seeing a person`s face, due to which this act of sharing my boring little pieces is done with great care.

James, ElRaja, Cpt. Rishwat, DV, Javelin and Saqs would be part of one large group definitely.

At least two of those don't quite belong to the same category. So they will require a bit of tolerance for each other to survive as a group.

James, Convict, RA and Ozgod would definitely be in the cricket team. Just to balance out the all rounder pak players who have no idea how to field. Our team would need some balance between the big hitters and fast bowlers.

:)))

I'd expect that in this hypothetical school that you and I would get on well.

James, Convict, RA and Ozgod would definitely be in the cricket team. Just to balance out the all rounder pak players who have no idea how to field. Our team would need some balance between the big hitters and fast bowlers.

That is hilarious:)))!

Which two?

Cpt. Rishwat and Javelin, obviously.

Bullet Drive would be the guy who is accused of being homosexual(no offence intended),considering his love with Umar Akmal,Ahmed Shahzad,Nasir Jamshed,Shahid Afridi,etc.

He goes to DHONI183(class monitor) and complains grumpily. DHONI183 writes a few poems for his dear friend which are mistaken as love-letters by Bullet Drive - he starts doubting himself and his preference between men and women.
:yk

Note:-My aim is not to offend anyone. I apologize if I did so.

:))

Ever told a Yank or Canadian that you wear thongs on the weekends?

Instant lols.

I download the Hamish and Andy podcasts and whenever they'd mention 'thongs' I was like 'waaaa?!' lol it was only after they showed their European Gap Year show here in the UK that I realised what you guys actually mean :))

Last edited:
I download the Hamish and Andy podcasts and whenever they'd mention 'thongs' I was like 'waaaa?!' lol it was only after they showed their European Gap Year show here in the UK that I realised what you guys actually mean :))

It was the other way around for me when I visited the US. It was summer and someone mentionned "Tongs are sexy" and, in my mind, it was like "Is this guy some Tarantino-like freak?".

SOPL would be a great classmate. Sounds a helpful and genuine guy.

Easy going but not someone you'd like to answer a question for you.

SOPL would be a great classmate. Sounds a helpful and genuine guy.

Easy going but not someone you'd like to answer a question for you.

Yaar, I can also provide Rawal's love advice too if you want me to.

Though it would probably ruin the relationship with your teacher instead...

Supporter of Pak legends would be the student who would struggle to abide by the word limit in essays and articles during exams.

I believe that he would be a good person to have as a classmate.

Supporter of Pak legends would be the student who would struggle to abide by the word limit in essays and articles.

That is probably true for the most part - in nearly all of my GCSE exams, I had to request extra paper.

In one of my English Literature exams, I wrote a colossal 14 sides.

By the way, has anybody noticed my posts being a lot shorter nowadays? I'd like to think that they are.

If you ask him love advice, he will rewrite you the ars amandi and you will still be single at 60, waiting for the last chapter to be finished.

Supporter of Pak legends would be the student who would struggle to abide by the word limit in essays and articles during exams.

I believe that he would be a good person to have as a classmate.

How true :)))

96NotOut and cricket083 would be the girls who are always talking about Junaid Khan. They would be always admiring Junaid's skills and Mamoon would be always reminding them that Junaid can't swing the new ball,can only be effective with the old ball and is a decent bowler who is glorified by some people.

They would be the most talkative students.

Or tell them you would like to roll a fag after dinner and watch their jaws drop.

Nah. Ask them if they want to light a fag

Though Durry is more common slang in Australia

Hahaha top thread Saqs good read. Made up for that Steve Smith one :))

Here's my list from the peeps I have a fair understanding of

SnS - top kid and my wingman

Tees, Riddle and Space cat - the funny kids/class clowns

Shaz - the kid who would go around stabbing other kids with pencils etc

Lahori, Leathers, Webguru, Buffet, Convict, Kiri, Red, Saurav, Sid, Saqs, Ozgod, Imranq, Creed etc - the easygoing kids who are mates with pretty much every one else

Random Aussie - the class bully and the kid who would bring a banana for lunch every day :yk

Dhoni - teacher’s pet and goody two-shoes

Justcrazy - the kid who would carve out that he was there on every desk he could get his hands on

Rizzy, Ibad, Shayan, Doc - school prefects

Mamoon, Aman - the kids who would get Friday detentions every other week

James, W63 - the kids who would start arguing with the teachers during class every chance they get

Energetic - the kid who would whine and moan about every thing

Freelance - the kid who would bring the bat, ball etc and then have hissy fits and threaten to leave with the gear if he doesn’t get his way

96NotOut and cricket083 would be the girls who are always talking about Junaid Khan. They would be always admiring Junaid's skills and Mamoon would be always reminding them that Junaid can't swing the new ball,can only be effective with the old ball and is a decent bowler who is glorified by some people.

Yeah and we would always be defending Junaid,I have a lot of things to defend him invariably:p and I would also not be giving much damn to those guys who are against Junaid..
I am not too talkative in real and don't make hullabaloo in the class but I think if we were together we would have alot to talk about:p

Last edited:
Here's my list from the peeps I have a fair understanding of

SnS - top kid and my wingman

Tees, Riddle and Space cat - the funny kids/class clowns

Shaz - the kid who would go around stabbing other kids with pencils etc

Lahori, Leathers, Webguru, Buffet, Convict, Kiri, Red, Saurav, Sid, Saqs, Ozgod, Imranq, Creed etc - the easygoing kids who are mates with pretty much every one else

Random Aussie - the class bully and the kid who would bring a banana for lunch every day :yk

Dhoni - teacher’s pet and goody two-shoes

Justcrazy - the kid who would carve out that he was there on every desk he could get his hands on

Rizzy, Ibad, Shayan, Doc - school prefects

Mamoon, Aman - the kids who would get Friday detentions every other week

James, W63 - the kids who would start arguing with the teachers during class every chance they get

Energetic - the kid who would whine and moan about every thing

Freelance - the kid who would bring the bat, ball etc and then have hissy fits and threaten to leave with the gear if he doesn’t get his way

I am the king of detentions no doubt :afridi

Pakistan Legend would be the guy about about whom nobody would believe that he is just 14 :p.He would be a good student giving me tips on how to study Maths and he would be one of my good friends..

Last edited:
I would definitely take first position in class no doubt about that.

I am about to murder a poster:viv! *Hint: he is quoted below.*

The bit about Mamoon bhai is just plain hilarious:)))! He is.... he manages to argue everything!

Are they really girls? :danish

Why do you think I'm a guy? :20:
You have replied to her Introduction thread.
( http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=188360 )
:manzoor
You keep a check on who replies to which thread?

I'm not talkative, more of the listening kind. But yes, I would mention JK a LOT, you can bet on that.

Mamoon, well, I guess I'd get along with him, but his opinion of Junaid would really tick me off and I'd be willing to go to all crazy lengths to prove him wrong.

^ He's right about Junaid.

Completely off about Amin and Akmal though.

Last edited:
Why do you think I'm a guy? :20:

I'm not talkative, more of the listening kind. But yes, I would mention JK a LOT, you can bet on that.

Mamoon, well, I guess I'd get along with him, but his opinion of Junaid would really tick me off and I'd be willing to go to all crazy lengths to prove him wrong.

I completely forgot.

To be honest, I am pretty good at judging the gender of a person from his/her texts, posts etc but you and that 83 girl are quite secretive in this regard.

Amin isn't up to international standard, I've seen enough of him to finish with that conclusion.

I completely forgot.

To be honest, I am pretty good at judging the gender of a person from his/her texts, posts etc but you and that 83 girl are quite secretive in this regard.

Just another proof that English is inferior to Urdu, French, Farsi,Spanish and just about any other language out there.

Your eyes can only deceive you for so long before reality sets in.

^ He's right about Junaid.

Completely off about Amin and Akmal though.
Not you too... *groans* Isn't one enough?

I completely forgot.

I'm taking secrecy as a compliment, though I am surprised. The way the two of us go on about Junaid (I go on about other athletes too sometimes), how could you not tell?

Junaid has some obsessed fans. Doesn't make you a girl :afridi

I have gone through numerous introduction threads of many posters just to get some information about them. I just remembered that Mamoon had posted in her thread - which was proved when I checked her thread again to confirm it. I have a very good memory.:amir

Just another proof that English is inferior to Urdu, French, Farsi,Spanish and just about any other language out there.

Because english is a *******ised language.

It's a German language where more than half the words are from Latin and takes whatever it wants from other languages. Which is one of the reasons why it has become the de facto international language.

Because english is a *******ised language.

It's a German language where more than half the words are from Latin and takes whatever it wants from other languages. Which is one of the reasons why it has become the de facto international language.

Unsophistication is not always a good thing. And I was talking about the grammatical absence of a genre, it has nothing to do with vocabulary assimilation.

English is the de facto international language because, like Latin, it is an imperial language. Its standing is due to the might of England and the US, not its imagined linguistic syncretic qualities.

If you want examples of "prestige" languages, look at Greek, French and Farsi. Those are the languages which were adopted by the mighty of this world even when their homelands had a weak political power.

I am not good with oriental languages but I would imagine Cantonese has a similar influence.

Last edited:
Unsophistication is not always a good thing.

English is the de facto international language because, like Latin, it is an imperial language. Its standing is due to the might of England and the US, not its imagined linguistic syncretic qualities.

If you want examples of "prestige" languages, look at Greek, French and Farsi. Those are the languages which were adopted by the mighty of this world even when their homelands had a weak political power.

You've got a pretty weak understanding of European history. France was the undisputed dominant power in Europe for centuries. Up until 1870 really when Prussia/Germany overtook it.

The use of French as a major language in Europe was because of it's power and prestige.

English did develop because of trade and engineering but also because it's a very simple language.

Last edited:
You've got a pretty weak understanding of European history. France was the undisputed dominant power in Europe for centuries. Up until 1870 really when Prussia/Germany overtook it.

The use of French as a major language in Europe was because of it's power and prestige.

English did develop because of trade and engineering but also because it's a very simple language.

I said "even when", which means a singular occurrence and not overall.

France was never the undisputed dominant power in Europe after the Middle Ages. It had some periods (early XVIth cent., XVIIIth and early XIXth) but, even in those times, Spain/Habsburgs, Austria-Hungary, Prussia or England benefitted of an equal or better standing. Napoleonic europe is the only such time but French was the prestige language of Europe much before that and, if anything, European powers would have been scared of the ideals and turbulence of the Revolution. Never did France have a power such that half of War and Peace would be in French due to its realism. Which reminds me that Russian is another language that I would place with the others.

If trade and simplicity was anything to go by, we would incontestably all be talking Dutch.

Last edited:
Not you too... *groans* Isn't one enough?

I'm taking secrecy as a compliment, though I am surprised. The way the two of us go on about Junaid (I go on about other athletes too sometimes), how could you not tell?
I'd love to say something nice about Junaid, but he's just been very average since that Indian series. Even that 5'fer against Lanka wasn't anything to write on about.

I said "even when", which means a singular occurrence and not overall.

France was never the undisputed dominant power in Europe after the Middle Ages. It had some periods (early XVIth cent., XVIIIth and early XIXth) but, even in those times, Spain/Habsburgs, Austria-Hungary, Prussia or England benefitted of an equal or better standing. Napoleonic europe is the only such time but French was the prestige language of Europe much before that and, if anything, European powers would have been scared of the ideals and turbulence of the Revolution. Never did France have a power such that half of War and Peace would be in French due to its realism. Which reminds me that Russian is another language that I would place with the others.

If trade and simplicity was anything to go by, we would incontestably all be talking Dutch.

In theory equal. Prussia for instance was never equal in influence until the 1860s and 1870s. And even then its succesful wars in the period before German unification only happened due to their alliance with Russia.

Austria-Hungary was always second rate although Austria at its strongest was in theory an equal. However the fact that the Austrians only commanded theoretical influence over the Empire and the fact that they also had to concentrate most of their attention on the Ottoman Empire ruled them out.

Britain's influence on mainland Europe was mostly it's ability to finance whoever it's allies were.

France has the prestige, the economic strength, the military strength and the population to make French the lingua Franca. That was also aided by many of the English nobility speaking French (Richard the Lionheart for instance couldn't even speak English).

So English without the Latin?

In theory equal. Prussia for instance was never equal in influence until the 1860s and 1870s. And even then its succesful wars in the period before German unification only happened due to their alliance with Russia.

Austria-Hungary was always second rate although Austria at its strongest was in theory an equal. However the fact that the Austrians only commanded theoretical influence over the Empire and the fact that they also had to concentrate most of their attention on the Ottoman Empire ruled them out.

Britain's influence on mainland Europe was mostly it's ability to finance whoever it's allies were.

France has the prestige, the economic strength, the military strength and the population to make French the lingua Franca. That was also aided by many of the English nobility speaking French (Richard the Lionheart for instance couldn't even speak English).

I said A, B, C OR D, not A, B, C AND D. Sementically, each of these powers would have to be equal or superior to France at a single point in history to make my sentence true. Of course, these are the kinds of nuances that English is very bad to vehiculate.

Secondly, languages play a vast part in the state of a country and, in reverse, the state of a country also molds its language. A commonly used example is that Greek has at least a dozen words for thinking while Latin has almost the same number for killing (whether you are beheading with a blade, percing with a blade, percing with a tellum, executing,...). So, France prestige and economic strength could be correlated with its language. The point I made about imperialism still stands, France was never in a situation where it had a fourth of the world's territory and population under its power.

When Turks came down from central Asia to eastern Iran, Afghanistan and India at the time of the mughal dynasty, they abandonned Chagatai Turk to speak and write in Persian even when most of their subjects didn't speak the language. Why didn't Normans do the same? Why did they adopt French and not keep Nynorsk (or whatever it was that they spoke at the time)?

So English without the Latin?

I speak both and, yes, they are similar but Dutch is much simpler. It has a tendency to make neologisms through composites of simple words that no other language I know has (other than perhaps Latin). Tenses and other grammar elements are also much easier. This not very scientific but I would call it the ''action'' language by excellence.

And, from a trade perspective, you can't really beat the Dutch, especially if you consider Flanders+Holland.

Last edited:
I said A, B, C OR D, not A, B, C AND D. Sementically, each of these powers would have to be equal or superior to France at a single point in history to make my sentence true. Of course, these are the kinds of nuances that English is very bad to vehiculate.

Secondly, languages play a vast part in the state of a country and, in reverse, the state of a country also molds its language. A commonly used example is that Greek has at least a dozen words for thinking while Latin has almost the same number for killing (whether you are beheading with a blade, percing with a blade, percing with a tellum, executing,...). So, France prestige and economic strength could be correlated with its language. The point I made about imperialism still stands, France was never in a situation where it had a fourth of the world's territory and population under its power.

When Turks came down from central Asia to eastern Iran, Afghanistan and India at the time of the mughal dynasty, they abandonned Chagatai Turk to speak and write in Persian even when most of their subjects didn't speak the language. Why didn't Normans do the same? Why did they adopt French and not keep Nynorsk (or whatever it was that they spoke at the time)?

I speak both and, yes, they are similar but Dutch is much simpler. It has a tendency to make neologisms through composites of simple words that no other language I know has (other than perhaps Latin). Tenses and other grammar elements are also much easier. This not very scientific but I would call it the ''action'' language by excellence.

And, from a trade perspective, you can't really beat the Dutch, especially if you consider Flanders+Holland.

The French did not have the same empire as the British because they lost the Napoleonic Wars.That is the only difference. They along with Russia were still significant colonial powers.

The Normans would have adopted French because they were a new imported upper class and because they were still subjects of the French King.

The French did not have the same empire as the British because they lost the Napoleonic Wars.That is the only difference. They along with Russia were still significant colonial powers.

I am talking about when French actually became the vernacular and literary language of all main courts in Europe which, I think, is around XVIIth and XVIIIth century, as opposed to English which rose to proeminence when the British controlled a quarter of the world in terms of territory and population.

The Normans would have adopted French because they were a new imported upper class and because they were still subjects of the French King.

But they were also the new imported upper class in England? In France, they adopted French but they didn't in England.

I am not trying to malign English speaking people. It is to your credit that you brought your language where it is today. I said that English and Latin are imperial languages and, clearly, Latin is my favourite language of those I have studied (over Greek even). However, in terms of prestige and possibilities, I don't think all languages are equal and both Latin and English don't really compare to those I mentionned.

Endymion and Convict, the two kids who get into a big fight on the school oval which is watched by the entire school.

This somehow results in an odd friendship

In this story, inevitably, one of the two kids is new at school. I guess that would be me. :amir

I am talking about when French actually became the vernacular and literary language of all main courts in Europe which, I think, is around XVIIth and XVIIIth century, as opposed to English which rose to proeminence when the British controlled a quarter of the world in terms of territory and population.

But they were also the new imported upper class in England? In France, they adopted French but they didn't in England.

I am not trying to malign English speaking people. It is to your credit that you brought your language where it is today. I said that English and Latin are imperial languages and, clearly, Latin is my favourite language of those I have studied (over Greek even). However, in terms of prestige and possibilities, I don't think all languages are equal and both Latin and English don't really compare to those.

Yeah and in the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries France was the undisputed dominant power in continental Europe.

The Normans in England weren't subjects of the Englishman so they didn't have to learn English. In Normandy however they were subjects of the French King. Plus the Plantagents of course owned significant holdings in France and indeed many spent more time in France than England.

Don't worry. I haven't thought you were maligning anything at all. I'll also freely admit your superior knowledge about languages. But I do believe that the relative simplicity of the English language pays some role in his status as the de facto international language.

I do recall reading that English becoming the language of engineering played a role in its spread in Europe

Yeah and in the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries France was the undisputed dominant power in continental Europe.

That was also the time of the founding the french academy by Richelieu, which participated in spreading French. It was also a time where France's literary output was simply remarkable (Corneille, Racine, Moliere, Descartes, Pascal Malherbe,... for the more famous one) which, IMO, contributed a lot to the prestige of French in Europe.

However, France was still at odds with Spain-Austria etc... which didn't have as much competition with the Ottoman Empire (stagnation phase and rise of Peter's Russia). It also had to face England's growing strength, inconsistent relations with germanic protestant states and alienation with the south due to gallicanism.

The Normans in England weren't subjects of the Englishman so they didn't have to learn English. In Normandy however they were subjects of the French King. Plus the Plantagents of course owned significant holdings in France and indeed many spent more time in France than England.

The Plantagenets were not really a norman dynasty per se, it was more of a mix of everything with a french root. Your point on them not being subjects of the Englishmen is true but there are countless cases of foreign ruler adopting the local language to gain legitimacy with the locals, especially considering their later relationship with the French Crown.

Don't worry. I haven't thought you were maligning anything at all. I'll also freely admit your superior knowledge about languages. But I do believe that the relative simplicity of the English language pays some role in his status as the de facto international language.

I do recall reading that English becoming the language of engineering played a role in its spread in Europe

I don't know about engineering but it may be true that a simple language would be preferred in the scientific fields so as to not have to find neologisms or use words rather than symbols and jargon. Dutch would be the best such language but they may not have had enough scientific output. But, then, how do you explain that, in anatomy, biology or chemistry, terminology almost always goes back to latin and greek?

Kaayal is definitely the schizophrenic kid who talks with herself most of the time, sometimes in English like today, mostly in a weird demonic language that, some say, is arabic backwards.

Every teacher says she should get help but her parents don't believe in mental diseases and take her to pheers who hit her with chappals to get the djinn/chural out.

All the kids at school are dead scared of her, except for Leatherface who likes to hang out with her and Dhoni who has a heart full of pity and compassion for this broken thing.

Last edited:
Lol now i understood why you asked me the malayalam word for schizophrenia :))

but how dare you call my language weird and demonic:viv

i will take revenge for this by gauging your eyes out with the help of leatherface.:akhtar

Lol now i understood why you asked me the malayalam word for schizophrenia :))

but how dare you call my language weird and demonic:viv

i will take revenge for this by gauging your eyes out with the help of leatherface.:akhtar

''Using that many Ms can't be the sign of people with good intentions.''

I would have said before reading that thread about a woman lighting someone up on fire.

Now, I'll just go into hiding and hope that nobody tells you leatherface is skinny and scared of blood, let alone gauged eyes.

Back