India (119) clinch a thrilling victory against Pakistan (113/7) by 6 runs in a low-scoring game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan bowlers kept the Indian batters in check, and on this tricky wicket, I think this total will be difficult to chase. But let's see what Babar's team has to offer. Hoping for a really good contest.

Squads:

India
Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson, Kuldeep Yadav, Yashasvi Jaiswal

Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam(c), Usman Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Amir, Imad Wasim, Abrar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Abbas Afridi

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Damn, ball not going to boundary.

Pathetic start from Arshdeep and India are already in trouble

Naturally you’d expect bowlers to go for the dopamine dosage and look for swing esp Singh. However, I hope we don’t see much of that because of the sun and moist decreasing. @KingKhanWC

Pitch lookin easy, so this will be a comfortable chase. :rizwan:bobs

Nice over, just need to keep this up.

RizBab can play their natural game. Just don't lose wicket. Pakistan got this

Ok am off to work, hope to see :bobs:rizwan finish the game quickly in case run rates becomes a factor in the future.

This is the only time it makes sense for these two to open like I’ve said many times. So make it count

Lol, Bumrah is not even first change. Well done Rohit

Siraj is dangerous also aside Bumrah.

Riz struggling a bit just needs to hang in there, no risks required.

This will be close. I still fancy Ind because we don't have any belief. But IA I have egg on my face and we win.

This match and team looks very suspicious.

When you are defending such low totals, your best bowler must be opening. Not coming when the score is 40/0.

If this means kicking out players like Rohit, Kohli, SKY, Axar and Jadeja, I am all for losing in the first round itself.

This should be a comfortable win for Pakistan. Already knowing the target and also a low one makes it much easier on this pitch. No need to take huge risk, just play regualr Rizwan Babar cricket.

This is the only time i want Riz and Babar to really get stuck in, i don't have much hope after these two

Good reality check for Ind this.. hope the washed up seniors rohit kohli jadeja are forever thrown out of ind t20 team.. would even include pandya in there

Thank heavens kohli and co will not be milking this win for eternity again.. pak making 120-0 is the best thing for ind cricket..

I had said this before this whole game was giving me CT 17 vibes with Pak players feeling getting so much flak for their food , dayum

India drops another.

Lol when pakistan does badly in the field pakistani commentators go crazy. When india drops 2, oh his foot wasnt there, oh it was hard

This Indian team is reminding me of Brazil from 2006 World Cup.

Big names. But, sloppy.

Back