India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

The pitch looks very good for batting apart from some odd bounces. India may also struggle with the ball against BD later.

Akashdeep was batting sensible before this crap shot

He is very handy batter at 9 for Australia series where he will definitely Play.

Indian pacers should give hell to BD bats in this mini session.

Will be great to see Bumrah getting his test bowling average below 20. He is that good.

Wow bangladesh batsmen must be so happy not to have batted on yesterday morning against bumrah.bumrah is bowling like akram with all the swing.every ball is an event.

Late movement from Bumrah is creating problem for keeper.

Both batsmen looking like getting out every ball.

This morning, BD bowling was good but no where close to this kind of quality bowling, still they've managed to take 4 wickets cheaply.

India will be disappointed if they can't get another wicket before lunch.

Akashdeep is like a wasim akram for these bangladesh batters. 2 in 2

First 5 overs BD could have been easily 4 down. Now lost 2 back to back to be 3 down. Not a good start.

First 5 overs BD could have been easily 4 down. Now lost 2 back to back to be 3 down. Not a good start.
What do you think about akashdeep bowling . How wil he fare in Australian condition as 4th pacer after Bumrah,Shami and siraj.

Happy (and relieved) to see Akash in the squad over the trundler inc of Mukesh n co.

Good bowling so far from our boys, need to continue this good work post lunch.

Our mighty batting showing it's class
Indianss have bowled very well here so it's not a situation where they threw away wickets.

Good foot work and playing more staight was needed.

339/6 from 144/6 is a amazing score in 80 overs - Bang boyz done & dusted here !!!
said it yesterday . BD 26/3 & had IND bowled yesterday , they would have been all out for 120 . currently , real hot in Chennai !

4 left handers in the top 4. Joker captain thinks “they are capable” and backed them when Mahmudull Joy is fit to return, who has test 100 in SA conditions.

Little high school boy at 4 isnt any good away unless its a road, despite so many years of international cricket. Both the openers have joke of a technique to bat in test cricket especially when theres some movement there. Neither both the feet, nor have solid defence. Why Mushfiq who doesnt keep, bat at 4!

Indianss have bowled very well here so it's not a situation where they threw away wickets.

Who says we throw our wickets away? Our class batting has severe flaw in temperament technique greet and match situation

Two straight balls at 135-138 and both the little lefties
missed the straight ball! Not only these two a liability they dont give much options in the field esp at slip, taller player like Joy also adds more to slip fielding

What do you think about akashdeep bowling . How wil he fare in Australian condition as 4th pacer after Bumrah,Shami and siraj.
Not seen enough of him. First time seeing him. As 4th pacer, he shold be fine. Bumrah, Shami and Siraj move the ball both ways and bowl with very good control. Not sure how good control Akash has. Important thing will be to not have bowlers who leak runs. That's what made life very hard for Aus batting unit in the last 2 series.

4 left handers in the top 4. Joker captain thinks “they are capable” and backed them when Mahmudull Joy is fit to return, who has test 100 in SA conditions.

Little high school boy at 4 isnt any good away unless its a road, despite so many years of international cricket. Both the openers have joke of a technique to bat in test cricket especially when theres some movement there. Neither both the feet, nor have solid defence. Why Mushfiq who doesnt keep, bat at 4!
Need some batsman here. Mushfik will soon go, shakib is already gone. Liton is too inconsistent. Meraz can't be the revival of Alok kapali every time. Without a half decent batting the bowling attack can't do jack

BD's dangerous main batters (mushfiq fresh at the crease, litton and mehidy to come) are still to come.

Our bowers need to be as probing as they were in this little pre lunch session, in the coming session.

Hoping for a tough fight from rest of the BD batters.

Two straight balls at 135-138 and both the little lefties
missed the straight ball! Not only these two a liability they dont give much options in the field esp at slip, taller player like Joy also adds more to slip fielding
I think with ball moving around, you can get into trouble with ball cming in holding it's line. Not a good start, and if ball starts revessing, Bumrah will be very hard to face.

I think it will get much better to bat after lunch, need to make sure to not lose wickets immediately to capitalize on that.

BD's dangerous main batters (mushfiq fresh at the crease, litton and mehidy to come) are still to come.

Our bowers need to be as probing as they were in this little pre lunch session, in the coming session.

Hoping for a tough fight from rest of the BD batters.
Rescue act from the lower middle order will not work everyday. I think we are cooked. But we might avoid the follow on. That will be First innings defeat avoided in India, I will take that as progress(specially with our bradman level top order)

Wow bangladesh batsmen must be so happy not to have batted on yesterday morning against bumrah.bumrah is bowling like akram with all the swing.every ball is an event.
bumrah is better than akram.
best asian pacer of all time.

I think with ball moving around, you can get into trouble with ball cming in holding it's line. Not a good start, and if ball starts revessing, Bumrah will be very hard to face.

I think it will get much better to bat after lunch, need to make sure to not lose wickets immediately to capitalize on that.
Tamim at lunch break said conditions were good for batting when BD innings started ....

This is perfect pitch. Enough help for Pacers and as game progresse Spinners will also gets plenty of turn and bounce

Who says we throw our wickets away? Our class batting has severe flaw in temperament technique greet and match situation
Yah, it's poor technique. First 5 overs there was many unplayable balls so wickets then would have been different.

he
Not seen enough of him. First time seeing him. As 4th pacer, he shold be fine. Bumrah, Shami and Siraj move the ball both ways and bowl with very good control. Not sure how good control Akash has. Important thing will be to not have bowlers who leak runs. That's what made life very hard for Aus batting unit in the last 2 series.
he is way better than siraj the run machine.

If india want to win the another test series in australia then we have to prepare for head ,he is unstoppable at the moment .

Tamim at lunch break said conditions were good for batting when BD innings started ....
Sure, relatively what it was when Indian started to bat. I think that's why BD decided to not bat.

When Mominul bats, it seems when he takes the backlift the bat is too heavy for him, such sluggish effort. how this fella has so lastest this long in the xi shows how poor batting depth BD has, not many solid test quality enough batters have come through. Theres no proper decent experienced first class middle order batsmen coming through!

Rescue act from the lower middle order will not work everyday. I think we are cooked. But we might avoid the follow on. That will be First innings defeat avoided in India, I will take that as progress(specially with our bradman level top order)
I expect Mushfiq n shanto (I understand he is not among runs but looked better as he faced more deliveries) to frustrate our bowers post lunch (Add litton and mehidy, who always performed admirably against us).

You got more than a decent batting lineup to counter our attack.

I expect Mushfiq n shanto (I understand he is not among runs but looked better as he faced more deliveries) to frustrate our bowers post lunch (Add litton and mehidy, who always performed admirably against us).

You got more than a decent batting lineup to counter our attack.
Let's see. I hope batters don't think about the scoreboard and bat according to the merit of the ball

First target is to avoid follow on

he has left everyone for dead in asia. wasim never had bumrah's level of impact. just more longevity.
I can't agree. May be it's the fan in me saying as I grew up watching wasim. Let's agree to disagree here. I am a big admirer of bumrah too

Technique shown by both lefties were ultra poor. Both deliveries weren’t unplayable.

That's a bold statement if you are serious
He is in the same league. Can use the new ball, Old ball, Yorkers, Reverse, Seam, Awkward bouncers .... pretty much eveyrthing in test and in ODI he is actually harder to hit than Wasim. He has bowled more match changing spells away from home than any other Asian bowler in such a short career. Coming from some one who used to tune in to Pakistni matches just to watch Wasim.

Not better than Wasim due to longevity, but skill wise right up there. We are seeing a genius.

Technique shown by both lefties were ultra poor. Both deliveries weren’t unplayable.
Yah, those balls should have been negotiated. Not sure why so many left handers in BD line up. Having a mix will make life harder for bowlers.

Day 2: Lunch Break - Bangladesh trail by 350 runs

IND 376
BAN 26/3 (9) CRR: 2.89

Thought Akash deep was super impressive in his debut match.

I was hoping that he will get more opportunities after that single innings performance (against England, bowled at a brisk pace with superb line and length) but better late than never.

Let's see. I hope batters don't think about the scoreboard and bat according to the merit of the ball

First target is to avoid follow on
Just bat 5 overs at a time and not even thnk about follow on or anything. One goood partnership can do wonders. Day 2 and 3 is best time to bat in this pitch. Problem is - India has Ashwin and Jadeja as well so you have to keep playing well and can't relax. It's not just about seeing off pacers. Having said that spin will be not a huge factor on day 2, but in 4th inning it may be very hard to bat here.

For BD to be more consistent in test cricket away from home they need new better batters, more right handers, top4 needs fixing. What happened to Saif Hassan fella who looked promising for test cricket? Any BD poster knows?

Great to see competition for wickets amongst Indian bowlers.

Bangladesh are on their way to an innings defeat in both tests, as duly predicted.

Last edited by a moderator:
shanto needs a big score. He has failed as a batsman. His captaincy was poor yesterday too.

Looks like Akash Deep is a very good addition to Indian Fast Bowling Heritage/Culture which is prevailing from the times of Kapil Dev / Srinath / Prasad / Zaheer / Ishant / Shami / Bumrah..... This is a "fast-bowling" rich culture which is particularly good at "Bowling terrifically well" in "Test Matches" on "so-called Dead Indian Pitches"......

This is a severe slap on the face of "particular set of people" ;) who think that India cannot produce "Fast" bowlers and Indian Pitches are dead/slow pitches/graveyard where Fast Bowlers cannot do anything... Yes it is in a way right... Yes fast bowlers from other countries touring to India cannot do anything on these pitches, but "Indian" fast bowlers have enjoyed and learnt the art of bowling on these pitches (the length is the key here)...

Even useless (so-called) bowlers like "Prasad" have been effective on these pitches... But the thing is these fast (or at least fast-medium, if you are offended by calling them "fast") bowlers should not be put into ODIs/T20s (super flat pitches anywhere with batting friending rules) and their confidence shouldn't be damaged... This is what has happened to great bowlers like Prasad, Ishant, etc...

Similarly Akash Deep should probably be groomed as a "Test Only" bowler... If we develop many such test-only fast bowlers then we can give sufficient rest to Bumrah (who is needed everywhere) & he can be rotated properly... Only thing is these bowlers should also understand how to bowl/adapt in other conditions (seaming, swinging, bouncy...), at times they have failed in this... But if they are groomed to bowl in only tests (without asking them to bowl in LOIs) I am sure they can learn & be effective everywhere ("Prasad" is the best example of how good he can be in test matches everywhere... "Ishant" is the best example of how a bowler can lose his way if he bowls in LOIs where he is not good at... "Prasad" is also unfortunately ridiculed for his LOI failures! Otherwise he was such a classy bowler!)

Fantastic bowling by Siraj, there.

Looked more attacking (on the stumps) than even bumrah, so far.

captain joker is gone, going hard at that, should’ve left it. Guy always looks like in a hurry to get back in shade of the dressing room.always fetching and searching for the ball, seems like has no patience to bat long. Should never be in the test format.

Anyways..Have no fear the talented Liton Das is still here. Still to bat.

If Bumrah doesn't get you, Siraj will. If Ashwin doesn't get you, Jadeja/Kuldeep will

I can't agree. May be it's the fan in me saying as I grew up watching wasim. Let's agree to disagree here. I am a big admirer of bumrah too
You are free to rate whoever you wish.
I do rate bumrah slightly higher.

Back