India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Whatever may be the lead ,We have to bat again . all washed up ,unfit players have to practice and kl should should be thrown out irrespective of his score
Kl
Rohit
Kohli
All should be booted out.

Gill on very very very thin ice. Like a molecule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shakib Al Showroom Hasan needs to retire from international cricket. Waste of space, complete passenger in the side. You made your taka paisha! Now go deal with your businesses. Let it go. You cant last forever. Hanging around wasting a spot.
Does Bangladesh have his replacement?

India is going to badly humiliate Pakistan in Test Cricket. Pakistan is very lucky that we haven't faced India in that format for a good 17 years. We are way behind India even in ODI Cricket. The only format where we have competed is in T20 Cricket thanks to the nature of the format.

Bangladesh need a major surgery batting wise. Wth even they do in practice?
Every one knows match will be played on red soil pitch ,which have more bounce compared to black soil.But bng players were practising on black soil from day 1 and even there the were finding tough to cope with the bounce .They were hoping to win than to fight in the match

Shakib Al Showroom Hasan needs to retire from international cricket. Waste of space, complete passenger in the side. You made your taka paisha! Now go deal with your businesses. Let it go. You cant last forever. Hanging around wasting a spot.
Bangladesh don't have any other option though.

Every one knows match will be played on red soil pitch ,which have more bounce compared to black soil.But bng players were practising on black soil from day 1 and even there the were finding tough to cope with the bounce .They were hoping to win than to fight in the match
Longer the format, harder to beat India. Especially away from home.

India is going to badly humiliate Pakistan in Test Cricket. Pakistan is very lucky that we haven't faced India in that format for a good 17 years. We are way behind India even in ODI Cricket. The only format where we have competed is in T20 Cricket thanks to the nature of the format.
It's all down the brilliant pace attack of india. Without them they would never be so dominant. Even at home.

BD batters in test cricket need a lot of thing, need better applications, patience, need to learn better defence, need to learn to leave the ball well especially on 5th stump! Not all of the ball has to be met on the bat. They love to feel the ball on the bat bat. They're very stubborn in their ways of going about it, seem like wont change anything. this is test cricket batting has to be applied differently, at least try killing off some time out of the match. This aint LOI. Understand the format batting sense!
Bangladesh don't have any other option though.
bro he is 37. Are we going to hear this even when he is 47? Theres plenty of options there better or not doesnt matter what matters is getting newer player to give them time to develop. Naeem Hasan is very good option, Taijul is a better bowler and can stick around with the bat late order.

Kl
Rohit
Kohli
All should be booted out.

Gill on very very very thin ice. Like a molecule.
Problem with both rohit and kohli is that they are partners in crime.one can't be booted ,but both have to be booted out at once.Most probably I think rohit will go after wtc finals (for goodness sake) .
Two washed up senior players for aus tour is really embarrassing and risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kohlis team from 2015 to 2021 was one of the strongest teams of all time.
How?

2016 India was

1) Rahul
2) P Patel
3) C pujara
4) Kohli
5) K nair
6) M vijay
7) R asking
8) Jadeja
9) umesh uadav
10) Amit Misra
11) Ishant sharma

With bhuvi or shami occasionally chipping in

By 2017 dhawan as opener and rahane and Rohit in middle order were playing. The sqauds overall didn't change much fron 2015 to 2021? The exception being bunrah being added by 2018 but he wasnt anywhere close to the bowler he is now, neither was shami.

India was winning but I fail to see how 2015-2021 India is superior to Classic test Australia even in their own den.

Ironically 2024 India test on Paper is stronger it's just that their suffering from the 2003 pakistan dilemma in that almost all their players are burnt corpses ans shells of their past selves.

Longer the format, harder to beat India. Especially away from home.
Yeah i agree but atleast they should have common sense and willingness to learn.every pitch is not paddy fields like mirpur where pacers looks like spinners and get away

Both openers need dropping after this series I can bet my car none of the openers, heck even top 4 will score a century this series, openers wont score a single 50. Shakib needs to go from test. Mominul also has to be booted. Give a new younger middle order batsman chance in place of Mominul. Taijul is the main left armer in test for BD, always been.

How?

2016 India was

1) Rahul
2) P Patel
3) C pujara
4) Kohli
5) K nair
6) M vijay
7) R asking
8) Jadeja
9) umesh uadav
10) Amit Misra
11) Ishant sharma

With bhuvi or shami occasionally chipping in

By 2017 dhawan as opener and rahane and Rohit in middle order were playing. The sqauds overall didn't change much fron 2015 to 2021? The exception being bunrah being added by 2018 but he wasnt anywhere close to the bowler he is now, neither was shami.

India was winning but I fail to see how 2015-2021 India is superior to Classic test Australia even in their own den.

Ironically 2024 India test on Paper is stronger it's just that their suffering from the 2003 pakistan dilemma in that almost all their players are burnt corpses ans shells of their past selves.
In their own den they will beat any team in history. Classic aus struggled to beat a much inferior version of india

Away from home india has the pace attack to trouble the Aussies. Peak bumrah peak shami peak siraj and ishant etc.

I just don't see any team beating peak version of virats india in india. They are just too good in Asian conditions. Not even classic Australia

And away from home it won't be easy for them either.

Problem with both rohit and kohli is that they are partners in crime.one can't be booted ,but both have to be booted out at once.Most probably I think rohit will go after wtc finals (for goodness sake) .
Two washed up senior players for aus tour is really embarrassing and risky.
Another big mistake both of them are committing for years is not playing FC cricket at all. That's very arrogant on part of them.

Does Bangladesh have his replacement?
Yes, there are options. Not exactly like his calibre or profile but good enough. Life and cricket goes on. Cant hold on to a player who is past it. Cant bowl, cant bat. What has he done last 5 innings with the bat? Taijul can bowl left arm spin, bowl long spells and can also stick around with the bat. Shakibs batting is nonexistent last many series’s.

Both openers need dropping after this series I can bet my car none of the openers, heck even top 4 will score a century this series, openers wont score a single 50. Shakib needs to go from test. Mominul also has to be booted. Give a new younger middle order batsman chance in place of Mominul. Taijul is the main left armer in test for BD, always been.
Momin spends too much time on pakpassion, then how will he be agood batsman?

That is how you make wickets and take home advantage. Pakistan management can never learn because they have big egos as well as artificial superiority complex. No team can lose to bangladesh in test in 2 tests and still call their selves top team. We are officially a minnow

The wickets in Rawalpindi were perfect. Unfortunately Pakistani pacers lack international standard fitness for test cricket. We also lack quality spinners in international cricket.

The wickets in Rawalpindi were perfect. Unfortunately Pakistani pacers lack international standard fitness for test cricket. We also lack quality spinners in international cricket.
Problem is spinners. They also aren't good batsmen. Pacers will be fine.

In their own den they will beat any team in history. Classic aus struggled to beat a much inferior version of india

Away from home india has the pace attack to trouble the Aussies. Peak bumrah peak shami peak siraj and ishant etc.
Peak bumrah is current, not past. By 2023 after injury not only was he an improved bowler but people started comparing him to atg legends and top 5 best bowlers ever, Before that no one thought he was the best.

Indian fans hyped him in the same way they hyped Gill at one point to be the successor to kohli and rohit and that fell flat and similarly they hyped rahul at one point, But international fans just viewed him as a solid prospect with a funny action.

It was only after injury where it became apparent that this guy is the greatest pacer India has ever had.

As for Ishant, Ishant is overhyped sorry to say, Siraj and shami were peak at that time period though I agree.

Also which series are you talking about? Classic Australia beat 2004 india in their own den? Every series they had Australia mostly won besides one off games where india won? And one off games happen, 2017 india was >>>>>>>>> Pakistan but lost by 180 runs simply because it wasn't their day that day?

Also classic india isn't as weak as people think, their batting is superior to modern era and even Kohli's india. Dravid, Sehwag, Sachin and Laxman are terrific players and its laughable to think that pujara or rahul compare

Problem is spinners. They also aren't good batsmen. Pacers will be fine.

Pacers need massive improvement as well especially in terms of fitness. You can't play Test Cricket starting off your spells with the new ball at 140-144 for 4-6 overs and then dropping down to 130-133 km/hr for the rest of the test match. This is the problem with all of our pacers. They need some serious work fitness wise.

Peak bumrah is current, not past. By 2023 after injury not only was he an improved bowler but people started comparing him to atg legends and top 5 best bowlers ever, Before that no one thought he was the best.

Indian fans hyped him in the same way they hyped Gill at one point to be the successor to kohli and rohit and that fell flat and similarly they hyped rahul at one point, But international fans just viewed him as a solid prospect with a funny action.

It was only after injury where it became apparent that this guy is the greatest pacer India has ever had.

As for Ishant, Ishant is overhyped sorry to say, Siraj and shami were peak at that time period though I agree.

Also which series are you talking about? Classic Australia beat 2004 india in their own den? Every series they had Australia mostly won besides one off games where india won? And one off games happen, 2017 india was >>>>>>>>> Pakistan but lost by 180 runs simply because it wasn't their day that day?

Also classic india isn't as weak as people think, their batting is superior to modern era and even Kohli's india. Dravid, Sehwag, Sachin and Laxman are terrific players and its laughable to think that pujara or rahul compare
Why are youb conflating odi and t20 with tests though?

Besides aus have crap history in t20 anyway. They took aeons to win one.

Anyway in tests both at their absolute best, I see kohlis india winning at home. And punter or Waugh's Aussies winning in their country.

What I do believe is india vs aus in aus will be closer than india vs aus in india given how strong India's bowling attack at their best would be.
And when did aus beat infia in India apart from one series in 2004?
In that era I mean post 90s.

That too when tendu missed 2 games.

Hope Bharat makes them bat twice and finishes this in 3 days. This series to me is more of a statement to our true favorite rivals, Pakistan. How did you even get whitewashed by this bunch? :facepalm:

Who cares about Ozzies and Indians playing against each other when India and BD are playing.

Personally, dont care if this is a peak or a mediocre Indian test team, as long as they win thats all that matters- 90s and late 80s were a painful decade for Indian test fans.

Hope Bharat makes them bat twice and finishes this in 3 days. This series to me is more of a statement to our true favorite rivals, Pakistan. How did you even get whitewashed by this bunch? :facepalm:
Nha BD pacers are good. It's batting that is mediocre.

Simples they dont have Ash & Jaddu- they got Shadab & spinner of the month.

Why are youb conflating odi and t20 with tests though?

Besides aus have crap history in t20 anyway. They took aeons to win one.

Anyway in tests both at their absolute best, I see kohlis india winning at home. And punter or Waugh's Aussies winning in their country.

What I do believe is india vs aus in aus will be closer than india vs aus in india given how strong India's bowling attack at their best would be.
And when did aus beat infia in India apart from one series in 2004?
In that era I mean post 90s.

That too when tendu missed 2 games.
I'm not conflating odi and t20 with test brother? I just gave an analogy that one off games being won isn't a good metric to determine who's superior. It's why I used the India vs Pakistan ct example. If you wish I can use a test example? Zimbabwe beat classic pakistan in test in 1995 in that one game?

Who cares about Ozzies and Indians playing against each other when India and BD are playing.

Personally, dont care if this is a peak or a mediocre Indian test team, as long as they win thats all that matters- 90s and late 80s were a painful decade for Indian test fans.
Back in 80s and 90s Pakistan gdp was better. They performed better. Since it declined their performances dropped too

Reverse for India.

Can we finish them off by 150? We can just put in 250 and give them 500ish to chase on Day 4. Will be a good workout for the whole team.

Bumrah looks strong and robust, very fit. He looks like he'll have a long injury free career.

Bumrah looks strong and robust, very fit. He looks like he'll have a long injury free career.
He is very muscular now. He has put on solid weight. Strong fast and athletic. He has a good 5 years in him inshallah

That's that - under 150. We'll bat obviously but very satisfying to get them with this kind of lead

That's that - under 150. We'll bat obviously but very satisfying to get them with this kind of lead
Why it's Bangladesh? India is the strongest team and their in their home den? This should be customary for you guys.

Before pakistan became a minnow, Pakistan didn't celebrate victories against Zimbabwe or bamgaldesh either

Nah. They need to bat time and score 400 + and bury Bangladesh in the Chennai heat.

Why it's Bangladesh? India is the strongest team and their in their home den? This should be customary for you guys.

Before pakistan became a minnow, Pakistan didn't celebrate victories against Zimbabwe or bamgaldesh either
Bangladesh is a much improved team - especially in the pace department and are coming here after sweeping another test team in their own den. We were worried about our own match fitness after not playing tests for a while and with batters out of form

It's pretty satisfying to be reminded that we're still very very good despite all the doom and gloom.

Just tuned in , terific bowling by india....a pity Jazza didnt get a 5ver or Rav Jadz didnt get a 100....spirited bowling by BD in morning but not so good battting.
I feel good decions not to F O as this is first test of abot 10 tests in 14 weeks or so. Hope the bowlers put their feet up and our guys make up for top order failures in the first innings and fill their boots.
All my indian friends and colleagues at work were full of praise for Nahid Rana, as a lover of pace bwoling i enjoyed him running in and bowling with fire. This dude gives a different dimension to BD bowling , esp when they go overseas.

BD batsmen must understand the value of strategically defending their wicket, even if it leads to a slower scoring rate. By consuming more balls, they not only prolong the game but also provide essential breaks for the young bowlers, allowing them to recharge and perform at their best. In a team sport, it's crucial for batsmen to prioritize the overall strategy and resist the impulse to play bad shots and get out!

Instead of KL Rahul, India should really try to pick someone who can bowl bit of part time spin... Its time to groom such talents... In fact Axar Patel is a much better batsman than KL Rahul (at the moment). On paper it may look outrageous with 6 bowlers and just playing 4 top order batsmen, but in reality it is indeed a good combination!

Jaiswal being unnecessarily impatient. There's a lot of time and he should make a habit of ruthless run scoring. Otherwise he'd soon find himself being in Gill's place.

Just imagine how much better we'd have been if not for these washed up oldies like Rohit & Kohli and nobodies like Rahul.
Sarfaraz can change the game quickly but team management and captain pick a 32 year old guy with 34 average

Sarfaraz can change the game quickly but team management and captain pick a 32 year old guy with 34 average
If they are concerned about sarfaraz pace playing skills,they should have asked him to play in county and improve.Team management wants kl to stick around as long as possible. In worst case,they can ask Jurel,Mushir to get better for the 5th spot.

And that 34 average has come after him playing 50 tests! Anyone will improve after being given so many chances but not Rahul!

Gill vs england in last test series

9 innings ,456 runs ,2 hundred and 2 fifty average 56 .

2nd highest scorer pf that series behind jaiswal.

Soome People's really have short term memory

Shakib Al Hasan was spotted doing during Day 2 of the Bangladesh vs. India Test match in Chennai

With Bangladesh struggling at 36/4, Shakib walked in and started his innings with some crisp boundaries. But what caught my attention - and everyone else's on social media! - was him biting his helmet string while facing the Indian bowling attack.

I was wondering, what's up with that? But then I heard former India cricketer Dinesh Karthik explain it on air. Apparently, Shakib's teammate Tamim Iqbal revealed that the string helps him keep his head straight and avoid it falling towards the leg side while facing delivery.

It makes sense, considering Shakib has been struggling with vision problems. Remember how he consulted an ophthalmologist in London earlier this year? And this isn't the first time we've seen him do something similar - he was also spotted biting his jersey during the Global T20 Canada

eiDjve8.jpg

If they are concerned about sarfaraz pace playing skills,they should have asked him to play in county and improve.Team management wants kl to stick around as long as possible. In worst case,they can ask Jurel,Mushir to get better for the 5th spot.
He trash Mark wood in England series

Personally I'm still very reluctant to drop any of Rohit, Kohli or Gill ahead of the Australia series. We know they're still capable of plenty and we don't have any outstanding talent pushing for their place. There's also no time to prepare their replacements for the cauldron that is the Border-Gavaskar series.

Rahul on the other hand has long outstayed his welcome and has 2 players in Sarfraz and Jurel who're both excellent lower order batters clamoring for his place with solid recent performances. I hope the selectors are brave enough to take the call to give them time to bed in over the next 4 tests.

Many people specially CSK fans are waiting for Gill to fail .losser
So soothing to watch Gill bat. So much class, technique and time. I find it impossible to believe that this is a batter that will not succeed if we nurture properly.

Gill test average is 36 which is not justified but still he is good enough to play for india in all formats .

He need to be more consistent in test cricket to increase the average close to 45 in next 1 year

Gill test average is 36 which is not justified but still he is good enough to play for india in all formats .

He need to be more consistent in test cricket to increase the average close to 45 in next 1 year
jaiswal and Abhishek better than gill in t20

Our batsmen (excl Ashwin/Jadeja) won't be able to look our bowlers in the eye and ask them to bowl again.
True but as game goes to day 4 pitch will break so Ash/ Jaddu can exploit the condition better.

Still plenty of time left so no hurry.

Tuk tuk Raj not good enough slow in t20 he really struggle in south Africa And in the same match Sai Sudharsan done really well against pace
Even in duleep trophy he is failing while playing on spicy fast bowling pitch(one pitch is imported from Brisbane and other a regular indian patta) .That guy is a stat padder .you can see all the usual suspects like iyer, gaikwad falling on bouncy pitch.

This Test has shown that BD batting needs serious work. Apart from Litton and Mehidy, rest are all inconsistent/terrible.

Bowling is okay right now.

Back