India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Sad to see downfall of Gill. Disappointing fact is that he is not our of form but his lack of skill set and application is being exposed now just like Babar Azam. He has no game vs quality spin/pace. He is suited only in ODI as a anchor player just like Babar Azam. I am so sad. I had so much hopes from him.

Read post 943 . before this test he scored 2 century and 2 fifty in test cricket so how this is downfall ?

Yes he need to be more consistent but still he has all the skills to succeed anywhere .

Sad to see downfall of Gill. Disappointing fact is that he is not our of form but his lack of skill set and application is being exposed now just like Babar Azam. He has no game vs quality spin/pace. He is suited only in ODI as a anchor player just like Babar Azam. I am so sad. I had so much hopes from him.

KL is only player i dont to see in the team Because he is ultra negative while batting .

When kL started the career he was explosive batter but now he is become coward , buzdili player.

Gill and Kohli making hay when there is no pressure.

Not true there is pressure because they failed in 1st innings.

Pressure is not from Bangladesh team but from Indian fans and team

Gill has better stats in 2nd inning compared to 1st .
Gill kohli shouldn't play vs spin or swing.

Only flat and bouncy pitches.

As per the perennial negative nancies on this forum, We have the world's worst captain & Opener, number 1, Number 2, number 3 for any pitches, any conditions, any format against any bowling attack pace, spin, medium pace, quick bowling.

If Rav jadz had not scored 80 + rest assured he would be in this club and getting bagged by the same termites. However i am glad he has retired from t20.

@Mamoon - was right during the WC T20 2024 - when he said a large proportion of indian posters here are perennial serial whingers with the memory of ant & the concentration of a gnat who cannot see beyond the last ball bowled/last run scored/last innings/match/series.

As per BD posters - their team batting aint so hot, but their pace bowling is begginning to make its mark.
As per Pak posters - We wish we had about 5 guys from indian team and we lament the recent losses.
As per Indian posters - those guys named above can't knock the skin off a pudding and wont make the Uganda 2nd XI and we have volcanoes of talent waiting to explode and will easily replace the experience of the guys named above they are continously taking pot shots, come the Aus tour - we will victorious and slam Aus in every department/session/day/test if we replace the above named.

And some who are conspicious absent when india does well and will turn up to put the boot in with a fervour and regularity when india does not do too well, check the page 2 and 3 of this thread for some amazing examples of hilarity.
:ua
It's not just this forum even my WhatsApp groups with friends are full of this whinging.

Rohit who somehow lucked into a World Cup win
Kohli was past it 5 years ago
Gill is a talentless hack
Jadeja should've retired 3-4 years ago
Siraj is just hot air
We know better than the experienced cricketers in the selection committee who're just too conservative and biased.

They're always after the next big thing. It's pointless arguing.

Last edited by a moderator:
VK out, looks super rusty - wish he had played the FC games -Duleep trophy. i'd back him to come back roaring very soon irrespective of what other posters here are on all about.

Kohli and indian top order needs to quickly get out of this T20 mindset, a big test season ahead.

Kohli casually plays across the line to a nothing delivery and gets trapped in front.

That shot is a T20 shot. In Tesy cricket, it is unforgivable.

Kohli is a joke. I agree

He will become a pujara level player soon.
Do you realize both guys you have named have faced top class opposition in varied conditions and conquered them and at various times any team worldwide wold give anything to have them on their team sheert, where as you are sitting on your back side dissing them?

KL is only player i dont to see in the team Because he is ultra negative while batting .

When kL started the career he was explosive batter but now he is become coward , buzdili player.
Pant and kl played same number of balls but u can see the score difference. Atleast kl should strike at 50 .he came when pitchbwas easing up and stall the entire score. Even ravi sastri pointed it out.

Kohli has become a walking wicket nowadays. His form is so done and dusted.

Do you realize both guys you have named have faced top class opposition in varied conditions and conquered them and at various times any team worldwide wold give anything to have them on their team sheert, where as you are sitting on your back side dissing them?
Average 27 in the last 4 years .
Conquered where? He is trash now. We don't need him. He is a rubbish player.

Gill is good vs bounce and pace. Not vs spin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just this forum even my WhatsApp groups with friends are full of this whinging.

Rohit somehow lucked into a World Cup win
Kohli was past it 5 years ago
Gill is a talentless hack
Jadeja should've retired 3-4 years ago
Siraj is just hot air
We know better than the experienced cricketers in the selection committee who're just too conservative and biased.

They're always after the next big thing. It's pointless arguing.
Its the urge to become relevant and as our aussie friends call it ...the tall poppy syndrome....
you have to diss someone based on their last act....and the bigger the better....in website terms -its called eyeball capture..

His ageing body has lost the ability to feel faint nicks. He is a young looking uncle with six packs, that's the reality.
He doesn't look young. He is fit yes. He should stick to odi flat tracks

In their own den they will beat any team in history. Classic aus struggled to beat a much inferior version of india

Away from home india has the pace attack to trouble the Aussies. Peak bumrah peak shami peak siraj and ishant etc.

I just don't see any team beating peak version of virats india in india. They are just too good in Asian conditions. Not even classic Australia

And away from home it won't be easy for them either.
Classic Australia will be whitewashed badly. Ibs remember how ponting batted like a deer caught in headlights against Bhajji of all people. He literally looked like a tailender in 2001 series.

The same perennial whingers and stat peddlers will shut up and take another seat....till the next failure ....if in the next test one of the oldies scores big - as they are well capable off....just like vk did in T20 WC 2024 finals - although i did not support him opening at all...

Not very impressed with Indian batting, we are lambs to be slaughtered in Australia. We will thrash Bangladesh, but I leave with a sense of realisation today.

The same perennial whingers and stat peddlers will shut up and take another seat....till the next failure ....if in the next test one of the oldies scores big - as they are well capable off....just like vk did in T20 WC 2024 finals - although i did not support him opening at all...
Yes vk goat sarrr. Best only. Greatest of all time. Untouchable. Cristiano ronaldo of india.

Btw virat did nothing in t20 apart from the final

We won cause of only one man. Bumrah. The king. Goat Asian pacer of all time.

Not very impressed with Indian batting, we are lambs to be slaughtered in Australia. We will thrash Bangladesh, but I leave with a sense of realisation today.
From Last Australia tour our batting becomes strong but pujara was the main difference

Who can play Pujara role this time? My views is very different from all the posters , I think Useless KL can Play Pujara role with ultra negative batting.

For first test this is good team .
Rohit
Jasiwal
KL ( No option)
Virat
Gill
Pant
Ash/ Jaddu
Aakashdeep
Siraj
Bumrah
Shami

All said and done BD couldnt last a day on Chennai pitch, I blame their continuous loyalty to sweep shots...

From Last Australia tour our batting becomes strong but pujara was the main difference

Who can play Pujara role this time? My views is very different from all the posters , I think Useless KL can Play Pujara role with ultra negative batting.

Rohit
Jasiwal
KL ( No option)
Virat
Gill
Pant
Ash/ Jaddu
Aakashdeep
Siraj
Bumrah
Shami
Please
No kl. Rather watch paint dry.
Maybe jurel or sarfraz. Not him.
Drop virat. We can try some young guys from duleep.

Some real good talents there.

Btw virat did nothing in t20 apart from the final

We won cause of only one man. Bumrah. The king. Goat Asian pacer of all time.
Without Virat india would have not score 150 . Virat hold the one end that's why axar and Dubey smashed few runs .

Bumrah is diamond but Kohli contribution was also pure gold .

Rohit
Jasiwal
KL ( No option)
Virat
Gill
Pant
Ash/ Jaddu
Aakashdeep
Siraj
Bumrah
Shami
I feel DD Padikkal or Washi Sundar have the potential to play the ugly boring ball absorbing role that Che Pu played in 2018 and 2021. other than that a good XI but i feel we lack an out and out pacer and dont know the injury status of mayank yadav or if umrann is ever going to be selected before he is 40 years old and a 120kmph trundller -but either of the two or guys like kuldeep sen, Harshit Rana, kartik tyagi should be selected just on their ability to push the bats men onto the back foot, instead of siraj or akash

Rohit
Jasiwal
KL ( No option)
Virat
Gill
Pant
Ash/ Jaddu
Aakashdeep
Siraj
Bumrah
Shami
4 quicks is overkill I think. I think we should use Jadeja as allrounder and bring in Kuldeep for the Spin X-factor.

Rahul though hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he can play the Pujara role. It's a real worry.

Rohit
Jasiwal
KL ( No option)
Virat
Gill
Pant
Ash/ Jaddu
Aakashdeep
Siraj
Bumrah
Shami

Does KL have the mental discipline of Pujara though? I have heard stories of KL reminding people of Dravid in his early days, but I doubt he has it in him today.

I feel DD Padikkal or Washi Sundar have the potential to play the ugly boring ball absorbing role that Che Pu played in 2018 and 2021. other than good XI but i feel we lack an out and out pacer and dont know the injury status of mayank yadav or if umrann is ever going to be selected before he is 40 years old and a 120kmph trundller -but either of the two or guys like kuldeep sen, Harshit Rana, kartik tyagi should be selected just on their ability to push the bats men onto the back foot, instead of siraj or akash
Aakashdeep and siraj both are hit the Deck bowler which is perfect for Australian conditions.

Need atleast 18 man squad for long 5 test series so apart from Bumrah ,Shami, Siraj and akashdeep we need to find out two more pacer ( No Mukesh Kumar)

To get old is human too. Kohli has lost a lot of his natural gifts, its been way too obvious for many years now.
Agreed on the first part. lost a lot of natural gifts is a big call....
Any ways,
there is a difference between 'oh he has scored no 100's in the last few years' and ' oh he is a total failure in the last few years' , everything is not binary , black or white. it just shows the high standards to which we hold our team and especially VK.
For me at least, no doubt he will be back with a bang and yes - he is 110 percent inked in for the Aus tour and a guy of his experience is supremly required there, unless he fails miserably against bd and nz inthe remaining tests or some other dramatic thing happens.

4 quicks is overkill I think. I think we should use Jadeja as allrounder and bring in Kuldeep for the Spin X-factor.

Rahul though hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he can play the Pujara role. It's a real worry.
First test is at Perth, second day night and third at Gabba.

Australia will prepare green bouncy pitch so need to select 4 Pacers at least for first 3 test.

For MCG and SCG test we can play both Ashwin and Jadeja .

To me he was always somewhat overrated, along with Prithvi Shaw. Too bad India has given this chap so many chances. He should eb sent off to the domestics now till he improves his form.

I feel DD Padikkal or Washi Sundar have the potential to play the ugly boring ball absorbing role that Che Pu played in 2018 and 2021. other than that a good XI but i feel we lack an out and out pacer and dont know the injury status of mayank yadav or if umrann is ever going to be selected before he is 40 years old and a 120kmph trundller -but either of the two or guys like kuldeep sen, Harshit Rana, kartik tyagi should be selected just on their ability to push the bats men onto the back foot, instead of siraj or akash
Agreed. Sundar and paddikal are excellent choices. Forgot about them. Sundar dint do well in duleep but he will be handy in aus

Where is the left arm wrist spin version of Wasim Akram….looks like chucker is hogging his spot with his nakli batting pedigree

First test is at Perth, second day night and third at Gabba.

Australia will prepare green bouncy pitch so need to select 4 Pacers at least for first 3 test.

For MCG and SCG test we can play both Ashwin and Jadeja .
Agreeed on 18 man team for 5 test series, but i wonder how this part is decided? i mean who decides if squad is 14, 15 or 18 or whatever and does length of series/matches/country/conditions have a say in this or does ICC regulate this or is it the home board or the visitors?
Looking @ the itenary, i feel somehow if we reach MCG on boxing day being only 0-1 down -we've had done pretty well and give us a chance of nailing MCG and SCG.
imagine if we some how draw the first test - Perth - imagine the thunderflash down them Aus trousers....they are despo to claim the BGT having not won for so long and theire is real intent amongst them/team/press towards this....just imagine...:)

I have a question. Should India have made BD follow on instead of batting again?

India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test

BAN 149

IND 376 & 81/3 (23)

Day 2: Stumps - India lead by 308 runs

Agreeed on 18 man team for 5 test series, but i wonder how this part is decided? i mean who decides if squad is 14, 15 or 18 or whatever and does length of series/matches/country/conditions have a say in this or does ICC regulate this or is it the home board or the visitors?
Looking @ the itenary, i feel somehow if we reach MCG on boxing day being only 0-1 down -we've had done pretty well and give us a chance of nailing MCG and SCG.
imagine if we some how draw the first test - Perth - imagine the thunderflash down them Aus trousers....they are despo to claim the BGT having not won for so long and theire is real intent amongst them/team/press towards this....just imagine...:)
In bilateral series ICC doesn't have any authority . it's bcci choice if they select 15 or 18. Max they can select 18 .but host country only can pay for 15 or 18 this is im not sure . india can take as much they want but have to pay bill at own expense .

So we can say this test is heading for India win or Bangladesh still has some chance if they can bundle india under 150

Enough time left so draw chance is 1% .

I have a question. Should India have made BD follow on instead of batting again?
Nah. No way.
Its first test of a long season. We play like 10 test in 14 weeks or something similarly insane. I am so concerned about how we handle Jazz boom, with especially no Shami and hope Morkel, GG and team management know what they are doing. If this was the last test the FO was well and truly on.

In bilateral series ICC doesn't have any authority . it's bcci choice if they select 15 or 18. Max they can select 18 .but host country only can pay for 15 or 18 this is im not sure . india can take as much they want but have to pay bill at own expense .
I hope we take 18.
Rahi baat $$ ki.....BCCI have guzzled enough gadzillions and a few drops here and there, they wont even bat an eyelid

India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test

BAN 149

IND 376 & 81/3 (23)

Day 2: Stumps - India lead by 308 runs

IND v BAN, 1st Test: Bumrah's Chennai special wrecks Bangladesh on 17-wicket Day 2​

The conditions in Chennai continued to deviate from the norms of Test cricket in India as pace dominated the proceedings for the second successive day in the first Test between India and Bangladesh. After R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja's rescue act helped India recover from 144 for 6 to post 376 in their first innings, Jasprit Bumrah relished the conditions at the MA Chidambaram Stadium as he led the Indian bowling group that bundled the tourists for 149 in their first innings.

India lost openers Rohit Sharma, Yashasvi Jaiswal and Virat Kohli cheaply in their second innings and were 81 for 3 at the close of play, but they had enough -- 308 runs -- in the bank to feel confident of another home victory. After India did not enforce follow-on, Rohit and Kohli suffered rare twin failures in the first Test of the home season, but new coach Gautam Gambhir-led dressing room wouldn't be concerned much.

Unlike Thursday, the sun was shining brightly in the morning, but the red ball continued to dance to the tunes of the fast bowlers. India were able to add only 37 runs to their overnight score after which Bangladesh's first innings did not even last two sessions. 17 wickets, the most in a day's play in Chennai, fell on Friday and 14 of them were taken by the fast bowlers.

Jasprit Bumrah would have loved to have a crack at the Bangladesh batters as early as Thursday morning, but he was gleaming with confidence as he took the red cherry in his hand and opened India's bowling in the first session on Friday. Bumrah added to the tension in the Bangladesh dressing room as early as the first over of the innings, coming up with a series of unplayable deliveries before knocking the top of off-stump to send opener Shadman Islam back to the change room.

Bumrah relished the extra support for the fast bowlers from the Chennai pitch and got the Bangladesh batters hoping and ducking at the crease. The sustained pressure from the Indian bowlers worked in their favour as first-change bowler Akash Deep picked two wickets in his second over to leave Bangladesh reeling at 26 for 3.

Even during their historic 2-0 win in Pakistan, Bangladesh's top-order failed to come to the party. On Friday, the middle-order was not able to do the heavy lifting as India's superior bowling unit dictated terms. Senior campaigners Mushfiqur Rahim and Shakib Al Hasan were not able to anchor the innings like every Indian bowler, barring hometown hero R Ashwin.

Why didn't India send us to bat? I don't think we could have avoided the 3rd innings defeat in India in a row

In the midst of all this, What is surprising or maybe not so, is the lack of appreciation of what a brilliant pitch this is....
Has pace for those bending their back - what a delight it is to see young Nahid Rana bowl - even on second day - the ball is flying thru, the one that got Yash was an absolute nutter...

This wicket Has seam movement,

this wicket has swing...especially reverse

This wicket Has bounce and most importantly the BOUNCE is EVEN

This wicket Has spin - the odd ball is turning

- The batsmen can hit thru the line ...its a true pitch

all in all just the fantastic template for a fab pitch and this should be done more often.

I remember Kapil Dev saying he felt Madras as chennai was called then had the most sporting wickets ( and also the most sporting crowds)...the wickets of 1978, 1979 and 1980 were right up there.
He loved the pace and bounce at chepauk every time he played there and has mentioned so many times.

I remember the quarterfinals 1996 WC - Aus vs NZ that pitch was wonderful as well...

And the we have this wicket, red soil and all....Why can't we produce such wickets......what an absolute diamond

As far as sporting wickets on SC goes, i remember 2015 in SL on our tour, those wicket were pretty sporty and supported all types of bowlers...

Rawalpindi wickets in Pak vs SAF a few years back were similarly wonderful....

Dharmshala - 2017 vs Aus, Matthew Wade was collecting them around his ears, even on the 4th day was another one....

Just goes to show two things....

a) If we put our mind to it we can surely achieve it.....can prepare such sporting wickets for future tests
b) for the perennial baggers of indian cricket, the guys who cry HTB and FTB on loop....just take another seat....

Give your appreciation for what has been a real wonderful wicket....sick of those same old raging turners...give credit where due.... :ds

In the midst of all this, What is surprising or maybe not so, is the lack of appreciation of what a brilliant pitch this is....
Has pace for those bending their back - what a delight it is to see young Nahid Rana bowl - even on second day - the ball is flying thru, the one that got Yash was an absolute nutter...

all in all just the fantastic template for a fab pitch and this should be done more often.

I remember Kapil Dev saying he felt Madras as chennai was called then had the most sporting wickets ( and also the most sporting crowds)...the wickets of 1978, 1979 and 1980 were right up there.
He loved the pace and bounce at chepauk every time he played there and has mentioned so many times.

I remember the quarterfinals 1996 WC - Aus vs NZ that pitch was wonderful as well...

And the we have this wicket, red soil and all....Why can't we produce such wickets......what an absolute diamond

As far as sporting wickets on SC goes, i remember 2015 in SL on our tour, those wicket were pretty sporty and supported all types of bowlers...

Dharmshala - 2017 vs Aus, Matthew Wade was collecting them around his ears, even on the 4th day was another one....

a) If we put our mind to it we can surely achieve it.....can prepare such sporting wickets for future tests
b) for the perennial baggers of indian cricket, the guys who cry HTB and FTB on loop....just take another seat....

Give your appreciation for what has been a real wonderful wicket....sick of those same old raging turners...give credit where due.... :ds
Yes, a very good pitch where Pacers, spinners and batsmen - All can do well if they are good. Even bounce so no lottery stuff.

Yes, a very good pitch where Pacers, spinners and batsmen - All can do well if they are good. Even bounce so no lottery stuff.
yes....thats my point. If india replicate this in domestics/FC cricket/age group tournaments.... we will breed good pacemen, good spinners....expose our young/domestic batsmen to conditions they are likely to face overseas which means they will improve.....
And an important and most ignored part....we will breed good slips men, good close in fielders.... as with decent carry, nicks will fly hard and long and all close in guys will be tested leading to their improvement....
The groundsmen at Chennai need to be complimented....
But knowing our media/our supporters - its like washing water off a ducks back...no one will care or comment....
Fact is such pitches make for compelling viewing....instead of the same old tired 'lets spin to win' spin dustbowls....

There were no ijjat on line. india is always to good in India
feel ur pain -aumar bangla bandho...khela hobe....but i have enjoyed watching your guys on our shores....off course it is easy for me to say it - the results are in our favour, at least till now....but keep the faith bro - in your guys

Ravi Shastri's 'Top' Reply As Tamim Iqbal Probes Him on Pitch Rating After 17 Wickets Fall on Day 2​

A record-breaking 17 wickets fell on the second day of the first Test of the two-match series between India and Bangladesh at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Friday.

India spared Bangladesh the ignominy of a follow-on but grabbed an overall lead of 308 with seven wickets in hands to seize control of the opening test.

The previous record for the most wickets to fall on a single day at the Chepauk was 15, which happened day 3 of the Chennai Test against West Indies, as well during day four and day two in the first and second Tests against England during their 2021 series.

After the end of day’s play, former Bangladesh cricketer Tamim asked former India captain as well as caoch, Ravi Shastri on JioCinema: “With the new system of pitch ratings after every match, how will you rate this pitch”

“Top billing, it’s a good cricket pitch,” Shastri replied.

“Yes, it has something for every bowler.” Tamim added.

The hosts posted 376 in their first innings, a remarkable recovery from a precarious 34-3, riding a match-defining seventh wicket partnership of 199 between Ravichandran Ashwin (113) and Ravindra Jadeja (86).

Seamer Jasprit Bumrah then wrecked Bangladesh, who folded for 149 handing India a significant lead of 227 in the bowler-dominated contest.

After seventeen wickets tumbled on a frenetic day two, India reached 81-3 at stumps. Shubman Gill was batting on 33 with Rishabh Pant on 12 at the other end.

India are looking to extend their lead at the top of the World Test Championship rankings as they begin a fresh Test season of 10 matches.

Yeah one hell of a pitch this is. Ind Vs Aus in this pitch would have been a banger

Ravi Shastri's 'Top' Reply As Tamim Iqbal Probes Him on Pitch Rating After 17 Wickets Fall on Day 2​

A record-breaking 17 wickets fell on the second day of the first Test of the two-match series between India and Bangladesh at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Friday.

India spared Bangladesh the ignominy of a follow-on but grabbed an overall lead of 308 with seven wickets in hands to seize control of the opening test.

The previous record for the most wickets to fall on a single day at the Chepauk was 15, which happened day 3 of the Chennai Test against West Indies, as well during day four and day two in the first and second Tests against England during their 2021 series.

After the end of day’s play, former Bangladesh cricketer Tamim asked former India captain as well as caoch, Ravi Shastri on JioCinema: “With the new system of pitch ratings after every match, how will you rate this pitch”

The hosts posted 376 in their first innings, a remarkable recovery from a precarious 34-3, riding a match-defining seventh wicket partnership of 199 between Ravichandran Ashwin (113) and Ravindra Jadeja (86).

Seamer Jasprit Bumrah then wrecked Bangladesh, who folded for 149 handing India a significant lead of 227 in the bowler-dominated contest.

After seventeen wickets tumbled on a frenetic day two, India reached 81-3 at stumps. Shubman Gill was batting on 33 with Rishabh Pant on 12 at the other end.

India are looking to extend their lead at the top of the World Test Championship rankings as they begin a fresh Test season of 10 matches.

i guess very few times-one of the rare occasions in indian cricket that pitches were praised so much, even by opposition...

Agree with Shastri.

This is a good pitch.

A total of 17 wickets fell on Day 2 between India and Bangladesh at Chepauk.

This marks the highest number of wickets to fall in a single day of Test cricket at the venue.

TMVGnWU.jpg

A total of 17 wickets fell on Day 2 between India and Bangladesh at Chepauk.

This marks the highest number of wickets to fall in a single day of Test cricket at the venue.

TMVGnWU.jpg

I don't think pitch is to be blamed. BD batted poorly. Also, India batted a bit poorly (apart from Jadeja and Ashwin).

Not really, your bowling unit has impressed, can't take them for cannon fodder any more
Thanks for the appreciation of our bowling. Yes, the batting unit here seems very fragile to me , especially Moninul,Shakib,Shanto,Shadman all are too much inconsistent. Cant face quality pace or seam bowling. Even in this innings Liton, Mehedy and Mushfiqur (he got out to a brilliant delivery) were those 3 who always seemed to be the batsmen who can bat longer. These 3 were instrumental in our Pakistan wins. You just can't rely on one department.

Batting should've been better.

They didn't apply themselves properly.

Bowling has been okay.
Bangladesh's main headache has always been the batting and not finishing the lower order of opposition early in tests in last few years .

Bowling has been quiet okay now excep that Shakib has not been the same bowler anymore and Taijul (whose spot Shakib takes always) is far better bowler than Shakib at this moment.
Some hype was created for this series (usually we were super duper underdog in India until this series) and that hype made me feel that ijjat duub geya.

Back