India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Shouldn't mind declaring it as late as possible, because Indian Batsmen (Test Batsmen) deserve much needed booster for their averages (more importantly confidence). India has a rich heritage of batting culture and we should not lose this... Whenever batsmen apply, it should be encouraged... Pant, Gill, Jaiswal are the batting mainstay for India in coming years, they should all score runs and that confidence should rubb over when they bat overseas...

Ideally we should have semi-bowling friendly tracks in India (instead of too spinner friendly) and stretch the test match to 5th day as much as possible, only then we will be able to play positively in overseas tests (In overseas tests its usually batting shootout and our bowling unit is pretty good, so we just need to improve our batting)

Agreed.
But my point more was - When we win at home and our Spinners get 16 out of 20 wickets, and our pitches turn from 1st day 1st session, every one downgrades/down plays saying doctored/spin bowls/dustbowls/bunsen burner.
When we have a true pitch like this - the same crowd who jump up and down saying we only win at home because of the above reasons, go missing.
All i am saying is give more credit to what a brilliant pitch it was, at least on 1st two days....and i hope this is replicated all thru our domestic games.
Yea true. We are the best touring side anyway. Who cares about the noise

I agree it's a great pitch.

Shouldn't mind declaring it as late as possible, because Indian Batsmen (Test Batsmen) deserve much needed booster for their averages (more importantly confidence). India has a rich heritage of batting culture and we should not lose this... Whenever batsmen apply, it should be encouraged... Pant, Gill, Jaiswal are the batting mainstay for India in coming years, they should all score runs and that confidence should rubb over when they bat overseas...

Ideally we should have semi-bowling friendly tracks in India (instead of too spinner friendly) and stretch the test match to 5th day as much as possible, only then we will be able to play positively in overseas tests (In overseas tests its usually batting shootout and our bowling unit is pretty good, so we just need to improve our batting)
Exactly. oflate pitches have been very challenging in India. Many average in 30s in India. So when they get a chance they should make the most of it.

Rishabh Pant returns to Test cricket in style, smashing his sixth century after a 634-day break .

Whata player

and? poor cricketing and sports IQ bro.

Why not demoralize their bowlers. tire them out. let our bowlers get some rest.
I was talking about Bangladesh improvement from last test tour of india where they were beaten by an innings in both of the test.

Same result this time if we were enforce the follow on .

They were thinking that just like Pakistan they can win a test match in india .

Pant gone after scoring fabulous 109.

He was completed fifty from 88 balls which was slowest in india in test cricket .

Last 40 ball he scored 59 runs

I love the nature of Pant comeback, no sob stories, no media PR campaigns, nothing. Just came back in his usual cheerful self and delivered. Congrats.

Tbh, I'm not sure India should even target anything. Just bat until the pitch starts breaking up.

What a champion batsman.

He is the best keeper bat in history of cricket since gilly.
He is already better than Gilchrist if only Test Cricket is taken into consideration... Don't think Gilchrist has achieved what Pant did (i.e., winning test matches in India as compared to how Pant has won in Australia). Yes in ODIs Gilchrist is miles ahead, in fact Dhoni is better than both of them...

In tests: Pant > Gilchrist >>>> Dhoni
In ODIs: Dhoni >> Gilchrist >>>>>>>> Pant

In fact there are many more WK bats between Gilchrist & Pant in ODIs...

In the era of T20 Batsmen evolving every season from every corner of world, it is fascinating to see a LONE WARRIOR - Rishabh Pant - the only "dominant" emerging Test Batsman of this era who plays ultra-positively in test matches and makes it look exciting... I think the last man to do that was VVS Laxman!

When pant retire from test cricket he will be best ever Wicketkeeper batsman to play test cricket.

In his short career he has already play so many impactful teat innings

I think this experiment of KL Rahul in middle order (think this is the first time they are doing this in Tests) can be continued till Australia series and look how it goes... Without much experience in the middle order batting I think KL Rahul is not a bad choice to try in Australia... But if he fails there, he should be mercilessly discarded forever in any formats... (perhaps should play in only IPL)

I think this experiment of KL Rahul in middle order (think this is the first time they are doing this in Tests) can be continued till Australia series and look how it goes... Without much experience in the middle order batting I think KL Rahul is not a bad choice to try in Australia... But if he fails there, he should be mercilessly discarded forever in any formats... (perhaps should play in only IPL)
He is a mental midget. An average of 34 is pathetic.

Indian batters to score 3 100s in a calendar year at home at 3 position in Tests

Dilip Vengsarkar, 1979
Cheteshwar Pujara, 2012
Cheteshwar Pujara, 2016
Shubman Gill, 2024

Back to back test hundred for prince gill .

But but some fans think he is in downfall .
For our fans

Player who is in Indian team must perform like Bradman and everyone outside team needs just a few good IPL or domestic matches to be considered better than those who are already in the team.

Gill please don't throw your wicket.

Not out will increase your average .he need to increase his average close to 45 this season .

Jeez wasn't expecting waking up to this score card. No wonder Pakistanis claim to be better hosts :ds

He is already better than Gilchrist if only Test Cricket is taken into consideration... Don't think Gilchrist has achieved what Pant did (i.e., winning test matches in India as compared to how Pant has won in Australia). Yes in ODIs Gilchrist is miles ahead, in fact Dhoni is better than both of them...

In tests: Pant > Gilchrist >>>> Dhoni
In ODIs: Dhoni >> Gilchrist >>>>>>>> Pant

In fact there are many more WK bats between Gilchrist & Pant in ODIs...
Agreed.

Surprisingly KL is batting well now.

Should have declared after the next wicket. KL was looking good. Could have allowed him to make a 50.

Could have batted a bit more I reckon. Pitch is good for batting.
I heard some talk of rain tomorrow. That probably drove the declaration. Even so, pretty energy sapping time for the quicks to gave a bowl. Could've waited till tea I think.

Maybe he figures to let them bowl full bore till tea when they'll get a short break before the last session.

In the midst of all this, What is surprising or maybe not so, is the lack of appreciation of what a brilliant pitch this is....
Has pace for those bending their back - what a delight it is to see young Nahid Rana bowl - even on second day - the ball is flying thru, the one that got Yash was an absolute nutter...

This wicket Has seam movement,

this wicket has swing...especially reverse

This wicket Has bounce and most importantly the BOUNCE is EVEN

This wicket Has spin - the odd ball is turning

- The batsmen can hit thru the line ...its a true pitch

all in all just the fantastic template for a fab pitch and this should be done more often.

I remember Kapil Dev saying he felt Madras as chennai was called then had the most sporting wickets ( and also the most sporting crowds)...the wickets of 1978, 1979 and 1980 were right up there.
He loved the pace and bounce at chepauk every time he played there and has mentioned so many times.

I remember the quarterfinals 1996 WC - Aus vs NZ that pitch was wonderful as well...

And the we have this wicket, red soil and all....Why can't we produce such wickets......what an absolute diamond

As far as sporting wickets on SC goes, i remember 2015 in SL on our tour, those wicket were pretty sporty and supported all types of bowlers...

Rawalpindi wickets in Pak vs SAF a few years back were similarly wonderful....

Dharmshala - 2017 vs Aus, Matthew Wade was collecting them around his ears, even on the 4th day was another one....

Just goes to show two things....

a) If we put our mind to it we can surely achieve it.....can prepare such sporting wickets for future tests
b) for the perennial baggers of indian cricket, the guys who cry HTB and FTB on loop....just take another seat....

Give your appreciation for what has been a real wonderful wicket....sick of those same old raging turners...give credit where due.... :ds
yaar ye itne short forms itne acche well written out posts mei .... eye sores rehte hai hum jaise boorhey veterans ke liye

care to explain short forms ?

India could have played another 15 over and score another 100 runs ..

Nevertheless this is good batting pitch still Bangladesh should try to score 300.

Or enough time left for chase this score .more than 200 over left so they just need 2.5 run oer over. :kp

Day 3: Innings Break - India lead by 514 runs

BAN 149

IND 376 & 287/4 d (64) CRR: 4.48

Should have declared after the next wicket. KL was looking good. Could have allowed him to make a 50.
Yea agreed. Let him get some form

I dont like him but they are he'll bent on choosing him. So might as well hope he comes to form.

Gill will score a 50 tomorrow and KL Rahul will choke again.

Some fireworks from Pant and Jaddu. India will set a target in excess of 400.

BD will be bundled out for under 200 again. India will win by 200+ runs.
comment didnt age welll haan ? Gill made 110 plus , Pant ke Pataake 100 plus ...and even Bkl kela getting back into his old self with his place at Sarfarazs bat edge dangling close to his neck and Shetty sasur and Wife praying...bhuvan like presssure on old bkl

hopefully latter part comes true ..

India declared too early . pitch is still good for batting and this will give confidence to Bangladesh batsman going forward to 2nd test.

I love the nature of Pant comeback, no sob stories, no media PR campaigns, nothing. Just came back in his usual cheerful self and delivered. Congrats.
We might see Dhoni's pr pushing his 2011 world cup innings again. They do that everytime. I don't think anyone in the history of cricket has milked one innings as much as that man.

Good start. Bdesh can get to 400+ which will be a huge moral win.

Chasing 515 is very tough once you loose few wickets.

One wicket falls then it will lead to many more.

I think bdesh will get to 250 max all out

Day 3: Tea Break - Bangladesh need 459 runs

IND 376 & 287/4 d

BAN 149 & 56/0 (13) CRR: 4.31

Overcast conditions means pitch will not break .this is favorable for batting team .

This is exactly apposite for English condition where overcast conditions are favourable for bowling team's.

We already beat Australia with net bowlers at fortress gabba lol .
And yet you got clowned in wtc and wc 2023 when it really mattered. Comtinue being aussie bunnies. Australians rule cricket, Always have and always will.

Your Sachin is a fraud, Bradman exists 🫠

Back