India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

If India get to 450, it’s over for BD even if the pitch remains super flat for the remaining days.

This has to be one of the worst over management i have seen. 10 overs behind .. that is pathetic.

On paper descriptions are the same for Shadab and Ashwin, right arm spin bowling all-rounders.

Bangladesh won 1st and 2nd session but India won 3rd by huge margin so its India day overall

Good recovery from Bharat .. well played Ashwin and JAdeja..
Ball is spinning now, so this total is already a match winning one

India is not a batting team these days. Bowling team which is why they win more matches. Back then we could only draw matches.
It doesn't matter. I already told you they'd collapse like a house of cards given their current condition if they were to face any classic team especially in the old days with tougher PP rules in whiteball.

That's why it's important for them to develop a strong batting line up for the next few years as even bunrah won't be around forever, By 2031, Bumrah will also likely be gone or fizzled due to the age of bowling at 36-37 unless he maintains James Anderson level fitness which is a doubt considering he got injured for 2+ years.

India isn't doing themselves any favours by carrying dead weight atm and even now they have not properly found a solid replacement for dhawan, Gill isn't the answer and jaiswal is to early to tell.

Very soon they'll be lacking a 1,2,3. Rohit and kohli should have retired in 2024 from all formats, by 2025 ct they'll ve even worse and more inconsistent then they were in 2024 wc and theirs no guarantee of them clicking at the right time.

Australia is already moving on and finding proper bowlers like hardie so rohit will no longer have the rubbish of starc to exploit either

Yes the pitch has eased out, much easier to bat now. But Shakibs pie bowling literally tossing them up like no care in the world, he has no control! Looks absolutely ordinary here.
how did he got 9 wickets in county match

@Devadwal will you still laugh at my 450 target? Unless tomorrow morning we do anything silly, we should cruise there.

Have to say with Ebadot and Shoriful, BD have got a very good bowling attack. Better than Pakistan, England and New Zealands. Really impressed with their bowling riches. Need to find a couple of decent spinners and they will be a serious threat all around.

Bdesh won 2 sessions, India won the last.

Another 100 runs will close the door for desh

Nope...1st session was even stevens. 1st hour belong to BD and next hour to India.

2nd session was even stevens too with BD picking 3 quick wickets but 80 run off partnership between Ash-Jad

3rd session was one sided for India.

Bangladesh has not won any session today and just manage to drew couple.

#FACTS

Ashwin hits first Test ton in three years to lift India to a dominant position

Ravichandran Ashwin hit a brilliant counterattacking hundred to take India to a strong position at stumps on day one of the Chennai Test.

Three years since his last Test hundred, which also came at the very same venue, Ravichandran Ashwin cracked his sixth Test hundred to lift India from the gloom on day one of the first Test against Bangladesh.

Opting to bowl first, Bangladesh had India on their haunches after a terrific opening spell from Hasan Mahmud, who accounted for Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill and Virat Kohli early on.

Mahmud also sent back Rishabh Pant to snare his fourth before India lost a couple more quick wickets. At 144/6, the onus was on the all-rounder duo of Ravindra Jadeja and Ashwin to save India and they did so in spectacular fashion.

Ranked No.1 and No.2 in the ICC Men's Test all-rounder rankings, Jadeja and Ashwin stitched together an unbeaten 195-run stand to take India to stumps with the score reading 339/6.

Ashwin, who was in top form at his home ground in Chennai, smashed his first Test century in three years to finish unbeaten on 102* at stumps on day one with Jadeja 14 runs away from reaching triple figures.

Ashwin's last Test hundred came at the same venue against England in 2021. Like in this Test, Ashwin then saved India from a tricky situation in the second innings. Walking in at 86/5, Ashwin made 106 to help India to a fighting total.

With good bounce and carry, India struggled early on against the new ball, but Ashwin stated that he liked batting on the pitch.

"On a surface like this, it's better to go hard like Rishabh [Pant] does," Ashwin told Ravi Shastri at the end of the day's play.

"It's an old-school Chennai surface with bounce and carry. When there is width, you can give it a tonk. Jadeja was of real help, there was a point where I was sweating and tiring but Jaddu helped me through that phase. He's been solid and one of our best batters in the last few years. He told me we don't have to convert twos into threes, which helped me immensely."

ICC

It doesn't matter. I already told you they'd collapse like a house of cards given their current condition if they were to face any classic team especially in the old days with tougher PP rules in whiteball.

That's why it's important for them to develop a strong batting line up for the next few years as even bunrah won't be around forever, By 2031, Bumrah will also likely be gone or fizzled due to the age of bowling at 36-37 unless he maintains James Anderson level fitness which is a doubt considering he got injured for 2+ years.

India isn't doing themselves any favours by carrying dead weight atm and even now they have not properly found a solid replacement for dhawan, Gill isn't the answer and jaiswal is to early to tell.

Very soon they'll be lacking a 1,2,3. Rohit and kohli should have retired in 2024 from all formats, by 2025 ct they'll ve even worse and more inconsistent then they were in 2024 wc and theirs no guarantee of them clicking at the right time.

Australia is already moving on and finding proper bowlers like hardie so rohit will no longer have the rubbish of starc to exploit either
Odi is a dead format. No one cares.

Only test and t20 matters now

But yes odi wc is the most prestigious white ball trophy.
Sadly lot of interest in odi has declined.

@Rajdeep Don't think we can score 450 . Fresh new ball , morning moisture will help Pacers and they just need to break this partnership .

But from 144-6 to score near 400 is great recovery by us and almost shut the door for Bangladesh .

Odi is a dead format. No one cares.

Only test and t20 matters now

But yes odi wc is the most prestigious white ball trophy.
Sadly lot of interest in odi has declined.
How can it be dead when Australia and England are playing odi? And theirs more interest for it then for their t20 game?

This whole odi dying thing was propagated by the indian media for IPL hype and because Pakistani players hid behind the excuse of Pdi is dead, no bilaterals we only play t20.

It's not dead at all, and the format isn't going anywhere

@Rajdeep Don't think we can score 450 . Fresh new ball , morning moisture will help Pacers and they just need to break this partnership .

But from 144-6 to score near 400 is great recovery by us and almost shut the door for Bangladesh .
we got medicine serve to us of recovery from 6 down

we got medicine serve to us of recovery from 6 down
This is normal things for india in test cricket at home . lower order batting by Pant ,Ash ,Jadeja and axar won a lot of game for india in past decade .its has nothing to do with Bangladesh . Bangladesh is lucky that Axar is not playing otherwise 450+ was on .

Whenever india play Ash, Jadeja and axar ( 3 + 2) combined we are playing with 13 players.

I was ready to brag, Bangladesh is no match for Indian test side etc etc but now I have to brag about this comeback. Koi nahi, choti choti khushiyan. Learnt from lot of legendary posters.

Absolute travesty to pick KL ahead on Sarfaraz and other deserving youngsters, not sure why he is given such a long rope, even the likes of Rahane had few match drinking innings but this clown who averages 27 in the last 5 Yeats has never scored when needed.

Was in meetings for work so only seen the score now. This was tremendous batting and a match winning partnership. I think Bangladesh will be so demoralised that it could be an innings defeat.

Bangladesh we know is a terrible side, I will never forgive Bangladesh for making Stuart Binny look like Glen McGrath.

However

India sucks also, the batting is terrible and they will get bulldozed in Australia if this is the batting effort they are going to put out.

How can it be dead when Australia and England are playing odi? And theirs more interest for it then for their t20 game?

This whole odi dying thing was propagated by the indian media for IPL hype and because Pakistani players hid behind the excuse of Pdi is dead, no bilaterals we only play t20.

It's not dead at all, and the format isn't going anywhere
Odi bilaterals is dead. No one cares.

Odi world cup yes. Everyone cares.

Just tuned in, Good hard fought test cric at its best.
Terrific disply of swing by Hassan, good pace by Nahid Rana - i feel BD have a star in theeir midst, this guy will make batsmen hop in better bowling conditions of aus or saf.
for our guys, Gill played a shocker of a shot, VK has been out in that way so many times - i hope Gambo/team management correct this quickly, Rishabh played an absolute delight of a cameo, KL looks rusty , Yash is the future and was delighted to see his legside and on driving.
But take a bow Namma VeeraTamil Ashwin and appno bhaiyaad Ravi Jadzaa....awesome by both.
As a lover of pace bowling I truly enjoyed Rana bowling, dude bent his back and had a lot of our guys hopping.
wonderful fightback by India, tommorow new ball is due and will make for compelling viewing....(if only i didnt have to work :) )

This is normal things for india in test cricket at home . lower order batting by Pant ,Ash ,Jadeja and axar won a lot of game for india in past decade .its has nothing to do with Bangladesh . Bangladesh is lucky that Axar is not playing otherwise 450+ was on .

Whenever india play Ash, Jadeja and axar ( 3 + 2) combined we are playing with 13 players.
I am just making a parody post comparing our recover from 26/6 in recent test.

you cant say it has nothing to do with BD, Jadeja and Ashwin played really well but BD also looked hopeless in session 3. there was not determination of getting our acts together and try bowling to a plan when ashwin was hitting us

Seeing SA against Afg, I cant wait for them to come to BD. Need that test win vs SA. I guess test win vs India will have to wait until we get them again 74/7 in mirpur

Seeing SA against Afg, I cant wait for them to come to BD. Need that test win vs SA. I guess test win vs India will have to wait until we get them again 74/7 in mirpur
Bangladesh has a shot of winning a test in England and SA with their current bowling. While series is a long way away, they have a shot at winning a one-off test. SA batting is not that good and England can play reckless cricket. Bangladesh can cash in.

I think we missed Shariful badly here. He is so vital to our bowling line up. He is left armer ,has decent pace, can swing both way. Taskin is not our first choice any more. I was disappointed to see him bowl like this. Even Khaled could have bowled better.

Before day started, I would've taken 339/6 considering the heavyweight batting of India.

But, letting them reach 339/6 from 144/6 was disappointing.

I have a feeling one of these two may get a double hundred.

Bangladesh has a shot of winning a test in England and SA with their current bowling. While series is a long way away, they have a shot at winning a one-off test. SA batting is not that good and England can play reckless cricket. Bangladesh can cash in.
We won ODI series in south Africa. That was a huge achievement. But to win test there our batsmen have to improve significantly.

I am just making a parody post comparing our recover from 26/6 in recent test.

you cant say it has nothing to do with BD, Jadeja and Ashwin played really well but BD also looked hopeless in session 3. there was not determination of getting our acts together and try bowling to a plan when ashwin was hitting us

Not sure what else they could have done. These two have done it over and over and over for so long. Especially Ashwin's innings was near flawless. I don't see any major mistakes from BD. One mistake was late introduction of Shakib. Usually you could tell team was horrendously losing the plot which was not the case. This is Ashwin's home gorund. He played brilliantly only recently in the domestic T20 on this very same ground batting at no.3 or 4. scoring 3 fifites. Even by his own standard he was exquisite today.

All class, grace and substance from India's two greatest match winners in home conditions.

Ashwin and Jadeja proving their mettle as test all rounders. Jadeja has been admirably consistent with bat in this decade while Ashwin when he scores runs is a sight to watch.

All class, grace and substance from India's two greatest match winners in home conditions.

Ashwin and Jadeja proving their mettle as test all rounders. Jadeja has been admirably consistent with bat in this decade while Ashwin when he scores runs is a sight to watch.
Better match winners and greater legends than Anderson and Stokes.

In India playing with Ashwin and Jadeja is like playing with 13 men. No team has a chance to win in India till they are retired.

So Ashwin scored a hundred against Bangladesh

He should be India’s all format captain
Frankly, he has an astute mind and would have done well as India’s Test captain. He doesn’t merit a place in white ball sides.

Same ol Bangladesh. As expected, it doesnt matter even if they take 6 or even 8 top order wickets. They are still pretty novice at Test Cricket to be honest. We have seen even Kyle Myers pile up double century and chase down 400 runs LOL. India is more complete team, unless you take all of their top 8 wickets including Ashwin/Jadeja/Axar they will still always be in the game.

I think we missed Shariful badly here. He is so vital to our bowling line up. He is left armer ,has decent pace, can swing both way. Taskin is not our first choice any more. I was disappointed to see him bowl like this. Even Khaled could have bowled better.

They shouldve gone with three spinners and two pacers. Also should've batted first. Of course they were petrified of facing Bumrah/Siraj during early morning moisture. I dont know much about their third pacer.

They shouldve gone with three spinners and two pacers. Also should've batted first. Of course they were petrified of facing Bumrah/Siraj during early morning moisture. I dont know much about their third pacer.
On that pitch it would have been 150-200 all out situation for Bangladesh but they would have been in better position comparatively as 4th innings chase is very difficult in this pitch..

Shouldn't matter. Probably India would have scored quicker as both Ashwin and Jadeja targeted the spinners. Pitch has not broken up yet. This is day 1 pitch. Surprised to see them fiedling first at chennai. But opting to chase any total against one of the best bowling side is fraught with risk.

339/6 from 144/6 is a amazing score in 80 overs - Bang boyz done & dusted here !!!

Shouldn't matter. Probably India would have scored quicker as both Ashwin and Jadeja targeted the spinners. Pitch has not broken up yet. This is day 1 pitch. Surprised to see them fiedling first at chennai. But opting to chase any total against one of the best bowling side is fraught with risk.
When red soil break its break massively . chasing is not going to be easy.

Bangladesh needs 80-100 runs leads in 1st innings to have some chances of winning this test match

When red soil break its break massively . chasing is not going to be easy.

Bangladesh needs 80-100 runs leads in 1st innings to have some chances of winning this test match
Yea..that makes their choice even more puzzling. I have also heard India gave Jaiswal a lot of bowling in the nets.One thing with Gauti is he will try to get the maximum out of the team by having them do multiple roles bit like how he converted Narine into a beastly opener.

And why’s that? Your whole cricketing structure since independence has been based on talent than real performance! He’ll fit right in.
Think you're missing the point. We already have plenty of mediocre, mentally weak bottlers. Getting another one who is also 32 and has plenty of miles on the meter isn't going to do us any benefit.

I am very surprised by Hasan Mahmud. Never really rated him in LOI, but seems to have made his mark already in Test Cricket.

I am very surprised by Hasan Mahmud. Never really rated him in LOI, but seems to have made his mark already in Test Cricket.
Today seam movement was on the offer with overcast conditions and pitch with moisture. Already Jaiswal is giving an indiciation of what they are going to do to him in the next outings. I am sure Rohti will charge down the wicket in the 2nd dig.

Bangladesh came, Bangladesh fought and then India turned on their cheat code. Take a bow A+J

Think you're missing the point. We already have plenty of mediocre, mentally weak bottlers. Getting another one who is also 32 and has plenty of miles on the meter isn't going to do us any benefit.
Well, if you value talent over performance, that’s what you deserve.

Akashdeep ? He is very good. Better than siraj

Same ol Bangladesh. As expected, it doesnt matter even if they take 6 or even 8 top order wickets. They are still pretty novice at Test Cricket to be honest. We have seen even Kyle Myers pile up double century and chase down 400 runs LOL. India is more complete team, unless you take all of their top 8 wickets including Ashwin/Jadeja/Axar they will still always be in the game.
Bangladesh needs to learn to maintain pressure after putting opposition under pressure. On numerous occasions we saw opposition lower order recovery work. This was the greatest opportunity we had. First innings of first test of series. Could have decided the tone of this series. India wont give us any more chance i think in rest of series . India has one of the finest bowling attack . Bangladesh batters will have to bat out of their skin to compete in this test. 350 plus score will be a burden definitely.

Bangladesh needs to learn to maintain pressure after putting opposition under pressure. On numerous occasions we saw opposition lower order recovery work. This was the greatest opportunity we had. First innings of first test of series. Could have decided the tone of this series. India wont give us any more chance i think in rest of series . India has one of the finest bowling attack . Bangladesh batters will have to bat out of their skin to compete in this test. 350 plus score will be a burden definitely.

Spinners are overrated. They also had Sri Lanka 57-5 who then went on to score 280.
BD vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test, 2024

21(18)
5(15)
128(235) [Ahmedabad]
13(15)
18(19)
6(11)
10(12)
29*(37)
2(12)
26(37)
23(66)
0(2)
34(46)
0(9)
0(8)

Who's scores are these?
The fake model guy

Good morning. The last session yesterday ruined all the hard works of previous two sessions of BD. India may post a total of 450+- from here. Then BD has to bat very well to avoid defeat.

Very very important 2nd day today for both the teams. Good luck to all.

India was in a spot of bother but Ashwin and Jadeja have done a wonderful job here from danger to domination.

Highest partnerships for IND vs BAN in Tests (any wicket)

283 - Shikhar Dhawan & Murali Vijay, Fatullah, 2015
259 - Gautam Gambhir & Rahul Dravid, Chattogram, 2004
222* - Rahul Dravid & Sachin Tendulkar, Mirpur, 2010
222 - Virat Kohli & Ajinkya Rahane, Hyderabad, 2017
199 - Ravindra Jadeja & Ravichandran Ashwin, Chennai, 2024

What a horrible test Shakib is having! Will he make it up with bat in hand?

Akash Deep leaves the ball better than Kohli..
If Kohli still can't get this despite playing 100+ tests then there is something seriously wrong with his test technique. He gets away with it in shorter formats.

Back