India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Athar Ali Khan :facepalm:

Kumble and Ganguly are not bad. I'm surprised they are not there and Parthiv Patel is. Kumble's tone of voice can be a bit boring to listen to but he analyzes the game quite well.

Tendulkar is the best commentator. Him and Waqar doing commentary together was the highlight of WC 23

Athar Ali Khan :facepalm:

Kumble and Ganguly are not bad. I'm surprised they are not there and Parthiv Patel is. Kumble's tone of voice can be a bit boring to listen to but he analyzes the game quite well.
I am awaiting Kumble commentory once Kohli retires. Ganguly yeah should have been there, but dunno if he only comes for Eng/OZ series only. I lke Ganguly the way he trolls and nothing much to troll here- Tamims likeable and Athar is just boring.

I dont see any weakness in his batting technically. Surprised that he didnt score more test runs in his career. Definitely a more able batter than KL Rahul.
I feel we will see Ashwin 3.0 as a batsman. He was playing TNPL to up his T20 game. While all these UP league, TNPL used to be a joke; in recent times some quality players playing in these leagues and are highly competitive.

I dont see any weakness in his batting technically. Surprised that he didnt score more test runs in his career. Definitely a more able batter than KL Rahul.
Main reeadon he didn't score more is he bats in lower order

I feel we will see Ashwin 3.0 as a batsman. He was playing TNPL to up his T20 game. While all these UP league, TNPL used to be a joke; in recent times some quality players playing in these leagues and are highly competitive.
there is a quick bowler called lokesh raj
he hits 145 plus. hasnt got picked yet though tfor TN

where is taijul islam? khaled ahmed?
shoriful injured
ebadot injury prone and gone.

Or Indians applied themselves, counterattacked, but the salty chap will never acknowledge that :shakib
These two have faced situation like this for more than a decade several times and they have rescued India.

This was 13 years back. Ashwin's 2nd or 3rd test. India chasing 590 struggling to avoid follow on 331/6 he made 103 batting at 8.

First part true. 2nd part don’t think he is salty, it is what it is :trump2
India start of any series usualy need a session or two to get going, by that time often the game has gone- especially overseas.

BD had a good start, shouldnt have let India get to here, but then they knew our batting starts from 4 onwards

Rishabh Pant was involved in a heated exchange with Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Litton Das on Day 1 of the 1st Test in Chennai. Why is he showing attitude to Litton when he couldn't score a big score here? It's unnecessary arrogance from Indian players

Image: BCCI

ACgw2uE.png

abu jayed did well last time. has he fizzled out?

He is out of the radar for now.

There are at least 6 pacers who are ahead of him in line (Nahid Rana, Ebadot, Taskin, Shoriful, Hassan Mahmud, and Khaled Ahmed).

Rishabh Pant was involved in a heated exchange with Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Litton Das on Day 1 of the 1st Test in Chennai. Why is he showing attitude to Litton when he couldn't score a big score here? It's unnecessary arrogance from Indian player

ACgw2uE.png

No. It was LItton Das that asked Pant why he took run when the overthrow ball hit off his bat. Pant merely explained that ball hit him from the behind so he was not aware of it.

Rishabh Pant was involved in a heated exchange with Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Litton Das on Day 1 of the 1st Test in Chennai. Why is he showing attitude to Litton when he couldn't score a big score here? It's unnecessary arrogance from Indian players

ACgw2uE.png

Pant is a modern day T20 hack. He fluked a few innings and thinks he is Gilchrist or something. LOL.

Dhruv Jurel is much better.

He is out of the radar for now.

There are at least 6 pacers who are ahead of him in line (Nahid Rana, Ebadot, Taskin, Shoriful, Hassan Mahmud, and Khaled Ahmed).
pecking order for me would be
rana
shoriful
mahmud
ebadot
taskin
khaled

in that order

ACgw2uE.png
Looks like lunch menu discussion.

Liton: Have they got XYZ on the menu for lunch?
Pant: Have a look yourself, dressing room's that way

Pant is a modern day T20 hack. He fluked a few innings and thinks he is Gilchrist or something. LOL.

you serious right now? pant is one of the best keepers of all time. he destroyed peak aus, peak england in india, did well in england and batted good in sa too. he is no hack. he is our best batsman lmao

he made aussies cry many times

also he is like head. matchwinner.

Pant is a hack and got lucky.

Strikingly surprising BD or PCT hacks dont get lucky for their teams ...

Pant's defensive technique has been time and again lauded by greats like Ponting, Dravid etc but the lame random PP troll with a room temperature cricketing IQ thinks he's a hack..

Now who should I take seriously?

giving him a pass cause he atleast shows intent
He shows intent in pp only.outside pp, he is a sitting duck as shown in Sri Lanka odi series. In that series, he knows everyone is struggling against spin even then he was not able to bat longer.2019 rohit may have stayed till the end (like wc 2019 sa match).He can't bully anyone outside sub continent as it's not easy in pp too.

pant is even better than head.
he just came back from a near death experience lol

he is easily the best keeper bat in the world and is a top 3 batsman when fully fit.

Pant is a hack and got lucky.

Strikingly surprising BD or PCT hacks dont get lucky for their teams ...
Pak team does have good players but they have a fascination for hacks. Bangladesh have to give credit where due are developing a pool of players in the last 3-4 years. They will have a good team in 2-3 years time.

pant is the first name on my team sheet. and bumrah
rest i wil work it out.

It is typical in India. Late in the day. Tired legs. I think Bangladesh over-rotation was poor. They should have brought Shakib into the mix way earlier giving sufficient breaks for pacers in between.

Not watching the series, but the minnows seem to be punching above their weight. Good on Bangladesh.

Pak team does have good players but they have a fascination for hacks. Bangladesh have to give credit where due are developing a pool of players in the last 3-4 years. They will have a good team in 2-3 years time.
bangladesh are good now too. look at the pace attack. its very good.
they will dominate in their home and compete reasonably well away. more than capable of beating sena teams at home.

Yes but I read somewhere he will be making comeback in Bangladesh team now the previous BCB chairman is out.
That will be 5 steps back for Bangladesh: they seem to be producing some good young talent. Remember they won the U-19 worldcup few years back.

138 is now the highest partnership for 7th wicket or below for India against Bangladesh in Tests, surpassing 133 between Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan for the 10th wicket in Dhaka in 2004.

They might have and their bowling arsenal is impressive, but rest assured their batters/keepers wont be called hacks when they get out

liton das over kohli, raoool, gill any day. all day.
liton das would easily start for us.

hell i would take mushfiqur over all 3.

That will be 5 steps back for Bangladesh: they seem to be producing some good young talent. Remember they won the U-19 worldcup few years back.
Yes but Tamim was a good ODI captain when he was part of the team, had an ODI series win in South Africa if I remember correctly.

One great thing usually with the India is that we always seem to score at a very good rate. Even today after all that happened, we have e comfortably scores at more than 4 RPO and that makes things so hard for the bowling team to keep up the pressure.

liton das over kohli, raoool, gill any day. all day.
liton das would easily start for us.

hell i would take mushfiqur over all 3.
Kohli?

Can you imagine Mushfiq at MCG facing Rauf chasing whatever off whatever...

In tests even, Mushfiq vs Kohli, come on.

Really mate??

got to give it to hasan. bowled his heart out. well done. excellent bowling by hasan mahmud. impressive.
i actually thought he was the 3rd best bowler out of shoriful, himself, rana and taskin and ebadot.
but clearly he is much better.

Didn't expect it from Ashwin-Jadeja. LOL.

Was expecting it from the top 6.
Shakib has the same no. of test 100s as Ashwin. 5 each. Jadeja has 4 but obviously has the reputation in all 3 formats. Maybe you are not spending enough time on a cricket forum.

Hallmark of good teams. Someone always stands up.

Hallmark of Pakistan. When you fall- fall like nine pins.

Kohli?

Really mate??
only in tests. should have prefaced. vs spin. i would pick mushfiqur. spin and swing kohli sucks.
on bouncy wickets, flat wickets i would pick kohli.

Someone who calls Pant a hack has immense self-esteem issues or doesn’t understand cricket. Let’s not focus on such things.
Hes gone on the ignore list now. Back to this wonderful game. For once enjoying a test against BD in India.

Yes but Tamim was a good ODI captain when he was part of the team, had an ODI series win in South Africa if I remember correctly.

Tamim had mixed performances as an ODI captain. Won an ODI series in South Africa but also lost an ODI series in Zimbabwe.

Loserish attitude from Bangladesh.

They're waiting for things to happen and are just going through the motions instead of trying to get these two out by building up some pressure. They may have a good bowling attack now but you also need the mentality and the temperament to succeed in test cricket consistently.

So Mushfiq in SC only? You fancy Musfiq over VK in SENA?
not in sena no. mush cant play pace and bounce.

vs spin i pick mushy
vs swing i dont know. virat is very bad vs swing too.
mush i have no idea how he plays vs swing.

virat is finished anyway. he should quit tests.

Kohli?

Really mate??
Mushfik's overall record for last 10 years has been very good, if you use stats guru only for designated keepers you will see he has the 2nd best avg for designated keepers in test. while he is no match for kholi and comparing him with kohli is a big stretch, Mushfik is much better than Liton who is hit or miss

Back