India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Shakib is not that old Shakib any more. Both with ball and bat he has lost his old touch. Bangladesh should find his replacement soon

i think nahid if he fixes his action a bit by taking a longer stride and a more delayed release he can become even quicker.

if we picked axar i would be confident of 300 plus. without him maybe 270 max

watching nahid's release angle with his front foot bracing is scary to see. so much stress on his knee. wow

143 average pace nahid
135 for taskin
133 for mahmud

Tamim as player is sharing some interesting info. Cummins looks quicker than Starc due to action.

watching nahid's release angle with his front foot bracing is scary to see. so much stress on his knee. wow

143 average pace nahid
135 for taskin
133 for mahmud
They should use him as a strike bowler. Not load sharing bowler. If they do that he will have a short career. None of the express pacers should be used that way.

Who is that Bangladeshi commentator? He is saying Ashwin and Jadeja have never played anyone with pace of Nahid? Is he for real?
lol steyn, johnson, morkel, cummins when he was express,
starc, olly stone when he was quick, mark wood

What about their ex Captain from last tour? Mominul? Hes nothing great either...
He's better than Shanto at the very least. Nazmul Shanto as captain in all 3 formats is a very questionable decision by BCB.

Dude doesn't make any format on merit.

They should use him as a strike bowler. Not load sharing bowler. If they do that he will have a short career. None of the express pacers should be used that way.
nahid cant control new ball. he will go for runs

India are too good in every format..we have the worse tail then scotland and look at their lower orders

BD never had a pace bowler who can hit 150, so I guess the commentator is seeing 170 instead of his 150s
i remember rubel was hitting 145 to 149 at one point
taskin used to be even quicker prior to action change

but yes nahid on average is the quickest by far. he is top 5 in the world right now for average pace i would say. maybe top 3.

dk is a moron lol. as usual calling a fast bowler a medium pacer. he just said nahid is a medium pacer.
this noob charlatan calls bumrah and shami the same too

BD never had a pace bowler who can hit 150, so I guess the commentator is seeing 170 instead of his 150s
Nahid is a good bowler though. I think it was Tamim commentating. Usually a sensible guy based on his analysis with cricinfo, maybe a slip of tounge.

To

To be honest I believe other bowlers are more effective than Shakib.
Shakib has lost his firm completely. And at this point of career i don't think he can regain it. If he fails with bat too in this test Bangladesh should take a bold decision to replace him with Taijul in 2nd test

Shakib has lost his firm completely. And at this point of career i don't think he can regain it. If he fails with bat too in this test Bangladesh should take a bold decision to replace him with Taijul in 2nd test
He has a legal case against him right? How is Bangladesh board allowing him to play?

dk is a moron lol. as usual calling a fast bowler a medium pacer. he just said nahid is a medium pacer.
this noob charlatan calls bumrah and shami the same too
Front line commentators seems to have been kept in rest for this series. Is there Ravi in the box? Missing him

one of the best spinners of all time gets his 50. take a bow ash

probably 3 rd or 4th best spinner. in history

Not being arrogant but winning in India vs India in test will be their equivalent of winning the test championship. Dont think they are thinking that far ahead
when ash retires we will have some issues for a little bit but yea there is axar and a few others in the reserve.

Front line commentators seems to have been kept in rest for this series. Is there Ravi in the box? Missing him
He is. There is Sunny G, DK, Ravi, Harsha,Tamim and one other BD commentator. Only one potentially missing is Sanju Majnu (but I think he is there) and maybe that old Indian spinner, Sivaram or something.

If it were typical chennai heat Bangladesh players would have struggled massively.
typical chennai heat would be very difficult for all teams including aussies. aussies actually have very hot weather themselves.

He is. There is Sunny G, DK, Ravi, Harsha,Tamim and one other BD commentator. Only one potentially missing is Sanju Majnu (but I think he is there) and maybe that old Indian spinner, Sivaram or something.
No Murali Karthik right? He's insufferable to listen to

No Murali Karthik right? He's insufferable to listen to
Doesnt look like. I only flicked telly on for 20 mins, but looking online, this seems to be the list (TOI and Wisden), but I think they either missed out DK or swapped him with some1.

Looks like Sanju, Siva and Murali are missing- not a bad thing

1726740713049.png

He has a legal case against him right? How is Bangladesh board allowing him to play?
BCB is doing the right thing. The case filed against him has no strong background.So they are rightly allowing Shakib to play and supporting him.

Thats great.

i know we will still dominate at home post ash and jaddu but i am concerned with backups.
we will compete and win away as we have very good high quality pacers. but spin cupboard is bare.
we may still win most games but i feel draws will be possible in india in the future once ash and jaddu bhai retire

Ashwin experience against high quality TNPL attacks during off season helping him deal with the Bangladesh bowling line up :)

Doesnt look like. I only flicked telly on for 20 mins, but looking online, this seems to be the list (TOI and Wisden), but I think they either missed out DK or swapped him with some1.

Looks like Sanju, Siva and Murali are missing- not a bad thing

View attachment 146267
Athar Ali Khan :facepalm:

Kumble and Ganguly are not bad. I'm surprised they are not there and Parthiv Patel is. Kumble's tone of voice can be a bit boring to listen to but he analyzes the game quite well.

Back