India beat West Indies by 237 runs in the 3rd Test

T20 should've been started by now.. but all I see is Rahane tuk-tuking.. are these guys serious about the win?

We can go bonkers tomorrow dude.

Need to first safely get to 275-300.

8 overs today. 32 runs today will get us to 280 almost. Tomorrow some slogging and then declare.

I really don't think we should slog now.

Its that kind of a pitch where you try to hard...you will collapse.

Get to 280 lead first and then try everything.

So Kohli had this shot in mind when he selected Rohit over Pujara... now it all makes sense..

250 up. Man if we had bowled well in Sabina Park could have gone for 4-0. Still 3-0 makes us no 1.

Like it or not guys...Rohit has sealed his spot methinks.

Vijay will come for Dhawan I guess.

Kohli might think Dhawan's 24 was very important in the context of the match. Expecially the 48 strike rate at which he played. Vijay can only a 45 strike rate. So thanks, but no thanks.

Kohli might think Dhawan's 24 was very important in the context of the match. Expecially the 48 strike rate at which he played. Vijay can only a 45 strike rate. So thanks, but no thanks.

Imagine what would have happ if not for the Ashwin-Saha partnership...

Shudders....

lol.

India lead by 262 runs with 7 wickets remaining and 5 0vers for day left. I say go for it and try score 50 in 5 and leave them guessing when they get to bat tomorrow. Then tommorow bat 2-3 overs and declare. 300 on this pitch good enuf. time is needed to take wickets.

Pitch is helpful for spinners and seamers. The outfield is sluggish. I feel we can declare right at this point and still win the match. Just go for it!

Never seen such a sweet swing of the bat in test matches for a while.. Whatever we say, the guy's got class!

Rohit should take the maximum strike here. He can hit 30 more in 3 overs.. Just needs to connect 5 balls..

Worst 50 of Rahane? Never felt he was in control.. Rohit seems in a better shape than him..

This guy can play some incredulous shots. You have to watch to believe..

India 353 & 157/3 (39.0 ov)
West Indies 225
India lead by 285 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Stumps day III

Why is Rahane playing so slow?

India has enough lead and few overs left today with Ashwin and Saha still to bat.

Why is Rahane playing so slow?

India has enough lead and few overs left today with Ashwin and Saha still to bat.

He batted at a decent pace. You don't want to try too hard on this pitch where wickets fall in heaps. Now we are safe so we can slog.

The hero is Bhuvi.

SINGLE HANDEDLY changed this test.

Best bowler with new ball, be it ODI's, T20's or Tests. Can move the ball both ways and these days he upped his pace to 138-140k's without losing swing. Kind of like Jimmy Anderson with new ball.

Best bowler with new ball, be it ODI's, T20's or Tests. Can move the ball both ways and these days he upped his pace to 138-140k's without losing swing. Kind of like Jimmy Anderson with new ball.

Jimmy is next level.

But yeah...I am excited to see what Bhuvi can do. Will be interesting to watch how he goes from here.

Just don't make him bowl to Smith and AB in ODIs.

Expectations are not ATG level stuff bro.

Just good line and length and chipping with useful wickets.

Bhuvi needs to start taking wickets in ODi something which he didn't do so got dropped.

Want to see how he goes in tests cos he lends balance to our XI with his tight bowling and batting.

Expectations are not ATG level stuff bro.

Just good line and length and chipping with useful wickets.

Bhuvi needs to start taking wickets in ODi something which he didn't do so got dropped.

Want to see how he goes in tests cos he lends balance to our XI with his tight bowling and batting.

Thing is in ODIs he is still economical with economy rate below 5 along with Ashwin and Jadeja, just doesnt take wickets. And Shami averages 24. Even Bumrah has great T20 stats.

Have always backed Bhuvneshwar Kumar even when Indian fans questioned my stance when he was going through his worst phase.

I don't know why they obsess over Shami and that kid Bumrah, they're alright but Bhuvi easily has the higher ceiling.

Should never ever have been dropped, short sighted and ill informed Indian management on fast bowling don't know what to do with a world class bowler. Should hire an expert like Wasim to help them out.

I'd open the bowling with Nehra and Bhuvi in ODIs as well.

When you can move the ball like that anywhere in the world, then obv you're something special.

Have always backed Bhuvneshwar Kumar even when Indian fans questioned my stance when he was going through his worst phase.

I don't know why they obsess over Shami and that kid Bumrah, they're alright but Bhuvi easily has the higher ceiling.

Should never ever have been dropped, short sighted and ill informed Indian management on fast bowling don't know what to do with a world class bowler. Should hire an expert like Wasim to help them out.

I'd open the bowling with Nehra and Bhuvi in ODIs as well.

When you can move the ball like that anywhere in the world, then obv you're something special.

Shami and Bumrah are also good.

It's Ishant, Umesh etc that worry me when they are bowling.

Rahane is the 3rd player I have seen whose run scoring isn't dependent on opposition/ wicket conditions

[MENTION=138493]Chrish[/MENTION] One must be Rohit.He fails regardless of opposition/conditions.On a serious note I think it might be Amla and Tendulkar ?

Need to back Bhuvaneshwar kind of bowlers! Remember even Jimmy Anderson in his early days was considered rubbish (at least in ODIs) and batsmen felt he is a chance to score off some big runs. Also these bowlers need some assistance from pitch (rain helped him! I am sure we would have won the previous match had he played)

Am I the only one who doesn't feel safe with any lead below 350?:sree

Initially, I thought 75 may be enough to get the Windies out. I think that's ideal. Gives us at least 15 overs with the bat to take the target to 360 ish.

But another factor could be the second new ball. To have another go with the second new ball, especially for Bhuvi, we could bat for 10 overs and declare. This could mean that we have another go for about 6-7 overs with the second new ball, if needed.

Batting 10 overs would mean a lead of about 325.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe nigel long didn't see atleast half a feet no ball.

It's OK. We are winning anyway so why complain? He'll make errors in WI innings too to neutralize it.

Lovely lovely bowling.. Bhuvi and Shami are in business baby!! 2 down, 8 to go!

West Indies are defensively very poor. Frankly, I think their only options are to bat positively and go for the total, or pray for rain. Their defence is probably not good enough to bat out the day.

Last edited:
Like I said... pathetic approach from the Windies. Too obvious that they lack the technique to play for a draw, yet they're playing defensively. :facepalm:

Great start by pacers.

Spinners need to come to party for us to close out this game.

Ashwin has been bad. Needs to get his radar right and land it in good length instead of full.

Like I said... pathetic approach from the Windies. Too obvious that they lack the technique to play for a draw, yet they're playing defensively. :facepalm:

Bhai.. rehne de.. take your crying elsewhere.. our bowlers have struggled to pick wickets last time and you're here crying for all reasons.

Bhai.. rehne de.. take your crying elsewhere.. our bowlers have struggled to pick wickets last time and you're here crying for all reasons.

West Indies certainly did not play in a 'Faf at Adelaide' style to draw the previous Test. Their players lack the technique and temperament to play for a draw by blocking. They last longer when playing aggressively. [MENTION=135134]CricketAnalyst[/MENTION]'s theory of batsmen lasting longer when playing positively definitely applies to this lineup.

Back