India beat West Indies by 237 runs in the 3rd Test

Indian fielders are not helping the cause of India. Such pathetic fielding!! :facepalm:

Kohli should keep bhuvi going till he get's his 5-fer. The lad well and truly deserves it!

Ashwin good...but leave the last one for Bhuvi.

He deserves it and its good for us long term.

Milestones give confidence.

No one talks about 4fers...but they do about 5fers......

I'd be gutted if the poor guy doesn't get his deserved 5-fer.. such a wonderful spell of swing bowling! As good as whatever I've seen so far.. he's snaking it!

At least saha is not dropping them.

Meanwhile, Sunny going bananas in the commbox and calling cummins as dowrich who is gone for a duck

Let Dhawan and Rohit justify their selections today and hit some fast runs so we may be able to force a result tomorrow.

Sunny G was defending Rohit after he dropped it. Could the Mumbai lobby get any more shameless?

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loser Dhawan almost spilled it :)))

Well deserved 5fer for Bhuvi,Windies fold out,wish they had collapsed in last test too :p

Fantastic spell of swing bowling by Kumar. It gives Indians some chance to force result in this test.

All right then. 39 overs to go. India needs to score 200 runs from here. No excuses. Go for the kill and grab #1 ranking!!!

Rahane is a gem in tests but can't stand him in ODI.

Rohit is a gem in ODI but can't stand him in tests.

And Rayudu is a gem in making his mom make awesome biriyanis but can't stand him in anything related to cricket.

Our slip cordon is as shaky as an eighty year old's knee.

Wish we had Rahane clones in the slips.

Nice !!! India matching westindies blow for blow .

Good to see bhuvi get a 5fer . Didnt think he'd make it in test cricket , still doubtful.

Westindies batted over a 100 overs which is impressive but a little too negative should have scored over 300 by now . Plus they bat better when playing shots

We need to get 175-200 here and set West Indies a target of 300-330 on the final day.
I hope kohli is thinking the same.

Good to see bhuvi get a 5fer . Didnt think he'd make it in test cricket , still doubtful.

Westindies batted over a 100 overs which is impressive but a little too negative should have scored over 300 by now . Plus they bat better when playing shots

He has same number of 5 fors and similar average to chota wasim. :amir

What is the weather like?
India should give them self around 110 overs to bowl m out.

Lol this is day 4, so only around 130 overs left in the match. So how much do you think India will score in 20 overs?

Victory is victory. Hope they fail later but now they have to come off. Dhawan's debut was what force a result in Mohali test against Oz.

But if they score big now, they get 5+ chances more.

I would hope we bat norally but these 2 don't shine too much. I don't want them out on 0 but not shine too much. Vijay and Pujara are needed for next test and home tours.

The pitch is like that.

If you try to score fast, you will get out.

WI actually got to this score due to Marlon's counter attacking innings (regardless of his actual SR).

Indians were bowling well and still WI scored. Its that kind of a pitch where once you get a few wickets and you are not careful, you can lose many.

But get in...and you can stay for long.

India wasn't careful at 339/5...so got bowled out for 353.

Lol this is day 4, so only around 130 overs left in the match. So how much do you think India will score in 20 overs?

india should look to bat 60 overs at around 3.5-4. Target of 360 in around 70 overs. WI can be taken out in those many overs I believe and them winning is really difficult cause Jadeja/Bhuvi keep it real tight.

Lol my fear is that our batsmen go berserk to get a fast lead and end up losing the test:yk

Joseph has a good chance of getting 5fer if India messes this up,should be careful.

Its going to be cloudy tmrw according to google and not much rain so if somehow we get in proper overs today,the test can have a result.

India can win with a lead of 200 too.. chill guys. I have full confidence in this WI line up :amir :uakmal :shehzad

India's first second innings with the bat in this series. They have not been tested trying to score quick runs

West Indies v India | 3rd Test | Gros Islet | Aug 9-13, 2016 | Match Thread

I think, we should give the bowlers at least 75 overs to we the windies out tomorrow. So need to ensure tha we get a lead of 280 by close of play. Then bat another half an hour and take it from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

india should look to bat 60 overs at around 3.5-4. Target of 360 in around 70 overs. WI can be taken out in those many overs I believe and them winning is really difficult cause Jadeja/Bhuvi keep it real tight.

Yeah should be the plan

I think, we should give the bowlers at least 75 overs to we the windies out tomorrow. So need to ensure tha we get a lead of 280 by close of play. Then bat another half an hour and take it from there
If anyone can score quick it has to be Rahul or Dhawan

What? Bat 30 overs, score 170 odd and declare. WI needs to bat 7-9 overs today and the rest tom.

What? Bat 30 overs, score 170 odd and declare. WI needs to bat 7-9 overs today and the rest tom.

Not enough if one of their batsman chances the bat and it comes off. If we are going to take wickets 75 overs will be enough. Otherwise even 100 won't be sufficient

We are 144 runs ahead. We need to score 150 runs today in 36 overs...some 60 tomorrow in 10 overs and give WI 360 to chase in 80 overs.

If something goes wrong, we have Bhuvi and Jaddu to bowl infinite overs.

We are 144 runs ahead. We need to score 150 runs today in 36 overs...some 60 tomorrow in 10 overs and give WI 360 to chase in 80 overs.

:)))

Anyway, chasing 300 in a pressure game is very different to batting out carelessly in a lost game. I'd say give a lead of 300 today and declare. We need West Indies to feel the target is achievable or they can go in their shells and play out the overs..

10 over spells for Bhuvi might not be as good as they sound. It's England 2014 all over again. Instead of Dhoni it will be Kohli bowling him to the ground

dust puffs. I think we can take them out in 80 overs. Ashwin is gonna wreak havoc.

Need to score 150 in the remaining 35 overs! Come on guys, hit it out!

:)))

Anyway, chasing 300 in a pressure game is very different to batting out carelessly in a lost game. I'd say give a lead of 300 today and declare. We need West Indies to feel the target is achievable or they can go in their shells and play out the overs..

300 in 90 overs against WI hacks....what if pitch goes flat...

Remember they scored 350/2 in last day in Sabina.....can't risk our lead with such stuff...these Wi pitches are unpredictable....yesterday rain may have made today's pitch spicy and then dead tomorrow...lol.

10 over spells for Bhuvi might not be as good as they sound. It's England 2014 all over again. Instead of Dhoni it will be Kohli bowling him to the ground

Once in a while ina desperate situation is not a problem. Doing it test after test is a problem./

300 in 90 overs against WI hacks....what if pitch goes flat...

Remember they scored 350/2 in last day in Sabina.....can't risk our lead with such stuff...these Wi pitches are unpredictable....yesterday rain may have made today's pitch spicy and then dead tomorrow...lol.

Once in a while ina desperate situation is not a problem. Doing it test after test is a problem./

Cloudy tomorrow. Plus Bhuvi/Jaddu keep it tight. No trash like Umesh/Mishra.

Agree with [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION] we should score about 170 in the remaining 34 overs and give our bowlers the full day tomorrow to get west indies out.

Agree with [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION] we should score about 170 in the remaining 34 overs and give our bowlers the full day tomorrow to get west indies out.

Can bat a bit tomorrow too cause it will be 98 overs to compensate for the missing day.

West Indies are not going to go for the target, unless they are idiots. But if they do, Ashwin and Jadeja will have a field day on a 5th day pitch.

West Indies are not going to go for the target, unless they are idiots. But if they do, Ashwin and Jadeja will have a field day on a 5th day pitch.

Also cloud cover tomorrow. Bhuvi/Shami there too. This bowling attack is looking really nice apart from Ishant but I guess since it is 5 bowlers you can play him.

One thing I am really looking forward to is ODIs/T20s. The same 4 along with Bumrah - insanely good lineup, not a weak bowler.

Also cloud cover tomorrow. Bhuvi/Shami there too. This bowling attack is looking really nice apart from Ishant but I guess since it is 5 bowlers you can play him.

Absolutely. Mishra, Yadav can be mercurial but they also bleed runs. With Bhuvi and Jadeja, you have 2 bowlers who will at least stop runs if they don't pick wickets. This will allow Ashwin and Shami to attack on a day 5 pitch.

The pitch is like that.

If you try to score fast, you will get out.

WI actually got to this score due to Marlon's counter attacking innings (regardless of his actual SR).

Indians were bowling well and still WI scored. Its that kind of a pitch where once you get a few wickets and you are not careful, you can lose many.

But get in...and you can stay for long.

India wasn't careful at 339/5...so got bowled out for 353.

Fair enough .
But surely eating into the lead was just as important .

Nice !!!
Has a shot at being the best ever bowler produced by India than .
Not bad.

Best ever fast bowler from the SC since the pakistani fast bowling assembly line was derailed by Sachin in 2003.

And I think the best ever bowler produced by India can belong to another man who is playing today - the best spinner in the world.

Last edited:
Best ever fast bowler from the SC since the pakistani fast bowling assembly line was derailed by Sachin in 2003.

And I think the best ever bowler produced by India can belong to another man who is playing today - the best spinner in the world.

I like sachin .
He was briliant at chennai .Played a great shot to hand the game to pakistan.
Didnt do much against pakistan in test cricket though . Struggled a bit againt genuine pace .

Bhuvi ripping apart Windies with swing must have brought back some memories to parosis... :wasim :waqar :asif

I like sachin .
Didnt do much against pakistan in test cricket though . Struggled a bit againt genuine pace .

You're giving too much credit to a listless cricketer. Don't be so patronizing bro :)

Anyway, if you will excuse, we can continue discussing the current game.

Haha lol. After India avoided Pakistan for the whole decade the 2 WS were at their peak. Not fair bro.

My point was more about the Pakistan fast bowling assembly line stopping post 2003 which is more due to faults in the Pakistani structure but that 2003 match gives a nice little coda and makes it more poetic similar to how the Miandad 6 is seen as the start of dominance of Pakistan over India (which was simply due to having a better team in the 80s/90s).

I like sachin .

Was also brilliant in Multan a few years later and was responsible for India's series victory in Pakistan.

Was also brilliant in a fourth innings chase in Delhi in 2007 and again responsible for India's series victory.

Remained not out in 2/3 innings and the one dismissal was a runout. Shame that the fastest bowler of all time who played in both matches couldn't take the wicket of a man who struggled against genuine pace.

No. I hated Kohli but that was before Australian series in 2014. I'm now neutral.

The guy who was brought in for his strike rate is tuk tuking! :facepalm:

Rahul, the guy who is 1000 times more solid was scoring faster than the hack

You have to be incredibly ungrateful as an Indian if you hate Kohli.

That guy has been directly or indirectly responsible for anything and everything that India has won in recent years.

You have to be incredibly ungrateful as an Indian if you hate Kohli.

That guy has been directly or indirectly responsible for anything and everything that India has won in recent years.

Hating him as a captain and as a player are two different things,no issue hating for his captaincy imo.

Also I know a lot of Indians who preferred Dravid-Sachin-Laxman(Humility) style of play than Kohli's way.

Last edited:
Back