India beat West Indies by 237 runs in the 3rd Test

Rohit and Binny should be nowhere near this team brother. Need Vijay and pujara back and get rid of Dhawan and tailunt.

We desperately need a quality pace bowling all rounder brother. There are hardly any in the domestics. Pandya has been selected for the A tour to Australia this month. But I don't think he will cut it in Test cricket.

Our only option is Binny brother. He will become our Woakes.:warne

We desperately need a quality pace bowling all rounder brother. There are hardly any in the domestics. Pandya has been selected for the A tour to Australia this month. But I don't think he will cut it in Test cricket.

I don't think we need a pace bowling allrounder. If the need arises, we can just play four quicks and ashwin who is a good enough batsman. Stuart Binny will be a liability as a fifth bowler and a waste at no.7 against good bowling attacks.

I don't think we need a pace bowling allrounder. If the need arises, we can just play four quicks and ashwin who is a good enough batsman. Stuart Binny will be a liability as a fifth bowler and a waste at no.7 against good bowling attacks.

And Bhuvi can be one of the quicks.

India 344/6 (122.6 ov)
Ravichandran Ashwin 112
WP Saha c Dowrich b Joseph 104

and then they say Rohit is tailunted :))) :)))

Alzarri is a good bowler with decent pace for a 19 year old. Would've become a 90 mph fast bowler by 23-24 if he played for OZ/SA

Alzarri is a good bowler with decent pace for a 19 year old. Would've become a 90 mph fast bowler by 23-24 if he played for OZ/SA

The Windies are knowledgeable about fast bowling. They will develop him well even if they don't have the same resources.

Sir gives it away....He has underachieved with the bat in tests.

[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] What I'm saying is based on the technical improvements I've seen in their bowlers as their career progressed even if they weren't of the highest caliber. Gabriel being the latest one.

[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] What I'm saying is based on the technical improvements I've seen in their bowlers as their career progressed even if they weren't of the highest caliber. Gabriel being the latest one.

Perhaps that is true but none of them have been even decent at this level for atleast 15 years. I hope you're right though. Would be good to see a quality pace attack from the Caribbean.

Either Ashwin will smash a few or get out in 10 minutes.

Then we will either tuk tuk slowly to 400 or collapse to 380.

I don't think anybody has energy to partner Bhuvi for yet another session of slow batting.

Kemar Roach was a good one too. They did have a few in between like Franklin Rose, Mervin Dillon etc...But none of them kicked on.

And i think Reon King as well. Dillon was a bit of a trundler but was their main ODI bowler for a while. Quite a few guys with unbelievable pace like Edwards,Roach and tino Best did emerge but they were never going to be test class and they were all rather short for WI quicks.

Well deserved wicket for Gabriel. Been bowling better than his figures suggest throughout the series.

Absolutely.

Gabriel was bowling extremely good.

I felt WI pace attack in this test was good.

Even Roston bowled well.

Bhuvi gone. Hopefully he wont be bowling the 70-75 mph pies he was bowling last time he was part of our test attack :facepalm:

He definitely has ability. Whether he will discipline himself and has the mental drive to put in the hard yards is another matter.

This is unfolding rather too quickly for India...I would suggest Kohli to declare at 353/9 and start bowling...No point in having number 10 and 11 batting.

That wicket of the No ball from Gabriel has cost the westindies .
India would have been bundled out for a subpar score.

Lol what a collapse:)))

Good that they decided to do it after getting to 350. Now need ATG Ishant and Shami to hit a few lusty blows. Hope they watched Sohail Khan and Rahat bat at Edgbaston:afridi

Edit: Never mind, ATG Ishant wants to bowl:afridi

Last edited:
This suggests that the pitch isn't that easy to bat...Saha and Ash have done brilliantly on this pitch. WI need to really bat well.

Very poor effort from Indians after that big partnership

i wouldve taken 353 yesterday so no harm. Need bhuvi to swing the new ball and get a couple here. Justify his selection.

Pitch is hard. Ashwin/Saha batted well. Just see what happens now.

It was not easy....From 89/4 to 150 was super hard work....then it got easier (not for scoring but surviving)...now suddenly quickened up or something.

Set Ashwin was out for a bouncer.

Good news for India.

Hopefully we can bundle them out.

Do rollers get used now? And will they have an impact on the pitch?

And i think Reon King as well. Dillon was a bit of a trundler but was their main ODI bowler for a while. Quite a few guys with unbelievable pace like Edwards,Roach and tino Best did emerge but they were never going to be test class and they were all rather short for WI quicks.

Edwards was eratiic but dangerous.

I think Pedro Collins and Jermone Taylor were also good.

It's natural for a pitch to get quicker on day 2. However this collapse is mainly due to Windies breaking the partnership and Holder finally deciding to attack.

Edwards was eratiic but dangerous.

I think Pedro Collins and Jermone Taylor were also good.

Edwards was super quick and with that slingy action was a bit difficult to pick. I remember him clocking north of 155 kph consistently in a spell around 2003/04 ish. Was a nightmare for the batsmen.

Customary drop catch for a test inning from Rahul in a non-close in catching position.

As good a close in catcher that rahul is, he has dropped considerable number of catches in his short test career when fielding at other positions.

west should quit playing test match. how much horrendus thay are! ashwin and saha scored century! rubbish.

Kohli should've opened with Ishant to extract the bounce available right now. Kumar and Shami are similar bowlers therefore become easier to negotiate once the openers settle. You'd rather have them facing different challenges from both ends.

Already Leon Johnson has proved himself a superior option to Rajendra Chandrika. Jesus Christ that guy was awful.

Kohli's captaincy is boring....He keeps on bowling the same bowlers for a long time. I don't see the point. He did the same thing on the 5th day when he did not bring Ashwin for some 15-16 overs.

Kemar Roach was a good one too. They did have a few in between like Franklin Rose, Mervin Dillon etc...But none of them kicked on.

Roach has never looked the same since his injuries. Lost his pace significantly, was trundling in Australia last winter.

Mervyn Dillon IIRC bowled very well against you guys on India's 2002 tour to West Indies. Steve Waugh called him one of the biggest underachievers he had seen given his talent and performances. Eventually Edwards and Taylor overtook him.

Franklin Rose like Dillon was another tall fellow at 6ft 5. But he bowled horribly at Lord's in the famous 2000 Test when England bowled WI out for 54. It was a low scoring game and England had a tight chase - but Rose kept banging it in short to Dominic Cork who hit him around.

West Indies with a 50 opening partnership. Break out the rum.

What did Leon Johnson even do to deserve being dropped in the first place ? In his previous 4 Tests he scored 66, 41, 31, 39, 0, 54 and 44. That's great by current WI opening standards.

Ashwin bowling very well, it is just matter of time before he picks few wickets.

Bravo averaging less than 40 , its not good by his standards , he has to get it up.

Needs to be more consistent.

Back