India v Pakistan | Kitply Cup | Final | 14/6/08 - Ind Inns

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
India need to chase down 316 runs against Pakistan to win the Kitply Final to take home the Trophy.

Pakistan have traditionally owned India in ODI finals but the only previous final played in Bangladesh was won by India.

India have conceded 300 to Pakistan 8 times! India have only chased 300 down once with Pakistan winning 7 of those games.

If history is anything to go by Pakistan are strong favourites to prevent India from chasing this down but this is a new more confident India and Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni and Yuvraj are in the form of their lives.

This will be a very interesting chase, may the team with most different shades of green win :127:

This is going to be very interesting if Pakistan can get an early wicket.

Fielding will be the key here. Stop boundaries and easy singles. Hold onto the chances. Bowl a good lin and lentgh.

Inswinger said:
Fielding will be the key here. Stop boundaries and easy singles. Hold onto the chances. Bowl a good lin and lentgh.
Yeah just do the basics and keep it simple. Make the Indians play out of their skins to chase this down.

For me, the shot of the day

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 174
I dont wanna watch a close match here...just want to see Pakistan beating India the way they did!

Well ... the match is set for our bowling.

As long as they don't bowl too many extras or poor deliveries ... it should be an easy win.

But considering our recent record .. that is easier said than done.

reminds me the independence cup final in Dhaka in 1999. Pakistan scored 314 with centuries from Anwar and Ijaz. Indian went on to win the match then and let's see if they can repeat history today.

Laurel and Hardy, Tota and Maina

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 170
Just a good line and length is all we need from the bowlers.

Can they provide that much ?

Lawson was saving the 150 run beating for the final, we have nothing to worry about.

This just in: Chawla announced his retirement...can't take such abuse; will continue playing in mickey mouse IPL!

He said, while bobbing his head from right to left 'After all, I mean mein kehta hoon keh humlog to sub Neighbors hein phirr mujh ko itna kuun peeetaa...I will make sure BCCI files a case with ICC for unsportsmanlike behavior'...bobs his head some more while wiping tears.

And Waqar bhai....

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 162
MIG said:
And Waqar bhai....
thats why i HATE zee tv.

They are showing stupid commercials instead of some sensible analysis! :pissed: :pissed: :po: :po:

Pak players/bowlers need to perform out of their skins to win this one cause the pitch is full of runs...if they bowl like the last game, match will be over in 45 overs.

Bowlers must keep their line-n-length absolutely perfect

I do have a good feeling about this. And really no matter how good a batting line-up is , any score in excess of 300 is likely to create a lot of pressure.

True say. I am expecting a good show from Gul and Tanvir today.

A side note-
Shoaib Akhtar's five-year ban has been reduced to 18 months by the PCB-appointed Appellate Tribunal, but he will have to pay of fine of Rs seven million (approx US$105,000).

We need to bowl well and get the basics right.

I think Rao and Afridi will be crucial overs. If they can hold their tight lines, India will find it tough. Expect some swing in the first few overs under lights.

Our bowling today is exactly like India's having 3 pacers and 3 spinners to bowl the remaining 20 overs. Extras would really hurt.

mercenary??? are u kidding me?

yuvraj in form of his life??

he is playing very boring cricket these days. pretty inconsistent.

easy win for pak i say. and finally people who wanted younis khan to be out of the team would shut up.

younis khan is still one of the best batsman of pak rite now. and people should respect him

Really wish Sohail K or Wahab R were playing...something to look forward to in the bowling.

Younis should also bowl. If he can bowl some overs similar to his last over against India, then that would be really useful to Pak.

Nice shot of Salman

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 135
iZeeshan said:
Really wish Sohail K or Wahab R were playing...something to look forward to in the bowling.
Exactly

Sohail really should have been playing. I dont feel any kick in Rao Iftikhar Anjum's bowling

excellent score by PAK but it's not over till it's over! Let's go India!

India will come after us - we need good economical bowlers - Rao is good that way. Infact this is the ideal situation for him to come in

who will win you think??? can they made a poll right now?

Either Tanvir is gonna ball brilliantly or he is going to get beat bad. Lets wish for the brilliant performance. :)

bablu_khan said:
mercenary??? are u kidding me?

yuvraj in form of his life??

he is playing very boring cricket these days. pretty inconsistent.

He averages around 80 against us in the last two series played. He always steps his game up to play us.

Get rid of Sehwag early .... cmon Pak

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 113
Cmon Gul...

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 107
Sehwag swings and misses again, I swear this guy has more lives than 20 cats

Last edited:
Good bowling by Sohail. He's getting good swing.

Good bowling by Sohail - before the wicket of Sehwag

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 95
Good bowling that; 3 length deliveries swinging away before pitching one up a little further and tempting Sehwag on the drive.

Back